Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
Casey had a limited immunity deal on the table designed to get her to tell where Caylee was. She refused it. Putting herself before her child is nothing any mother here can fathom. I would not have bailed my daughter out. Period. That much I know. Cindy lost Casey a long time ago. She knows it. This was an accident waiting to happen. She'll have to reconcile that.
I understand your point as well, I must just be one of those bleeding hearts where my kids are concerned. It would tear me up to have my child on death row, and I can't fathom anyone mom putting herself before her child.

I must admit though, a part of me would be die altogether with a dead granddaughter and my child responsible for it.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
Does anybody get the impression she was trying to flee???
I don't know that she was trying to flee...but maybe trying to show her mom "areas of interest".JMO.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
I suppose Cindy, with media following, could have driven Casey directly to the sheriff's department where protesters were waiting. That would have been quite a scene. Or LE could have come out to the house and arrested Casey while all the different media organizations got it all on film. I think the way the did it was ingenious. Not one film crew caught the arrest.
Well, ingenuity is not what was called for today. We don't need CA to be *ingenious*. She followed a course of action which called attention to her far more than any other route to the jailhouse. There is protocol and it doesn't involve LE having to "cut you off at the pass". Puleeze. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
LP has stated that in normal conversation, when she was being transported with/by Rob Dick, that it was common knowledge that the helicpoters flying over them could not see anything when going under the underpass..
CA stopped the car specifically under one.. Consider the timing of it. Does anyone belive that LE would call this woman's cell phone and tell her what was up while she is driving the two less stable- Thelma and Louise?

I think the bondsman was following KC, as they normally did, and probably told her it was to ditch the press, while they knew from the dispatch or a call to them directly that a warrant had been issued, and that they wanted to seperate the 2 CA's so it occurred without incident. GA was with Nejame at the time, imo, on purpose. I see this as another well-executed, respectful strategy on behalf of OCSO, preserving everyone's safety.
Now that's the best explanation I've seen of it -- that since she was always shadowed by the Bail Bondsmen, that they helped LE out by separating KC and CA. Keeping GA with MN was also very smart. These arrests on such serious charges with so much at stake can be very dangerous for LE. But, just a wee little nagging doubt, why did the LEOs from OSCO stop the grey SUV and take KC? Why not just let the Bail Bondsmen drive her all the way to OSCO? The undercover LEOs made another immediate transfer to the blue sedan.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
Casey had a limited immunity deal on the table designed to get her to tell where Caylee was. She refused it. Putting herself before her child is nothing any mother here can fathom. I would not have bailed my daughter out. Period. That much I know. Cindy lost Casey a long time ago. She knows it. This was an accident waiting to happen. She'll have to reconcile that.
My mom and I spoke about this tonight, she would never have covered for me, made excuses for me or bailed me out. I am a mom, I have 3 children my twins are around Caylees age. I get upset when I reprimand them for something and they look at me with that look and the inevitable sticking out of the bottom lip. I cant imagine the amount of anger and/or rage it took to inflict ANY kind of harm onto that innocent little girl.
Banned

Quote:
I think it was a ploy to make the movie and book deal worth more money, we all no the bonds men have a part in the movie and book deal. jmo
Inactive

Quote:
Maybe she wanted one last wing at that Buffalo place before it was too late.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Verified Insider-Mark Dribin case

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spangle View Post
Wow! She had her bracelet off? I hadn't heard that.
Oh, that just adds to my growing suspicion she was planning to flee. Thanks LE for pullling her in!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmama View Post
If it were my child, I'd definately go for that last hug and I'd make it a long hug and make sure that it counted. I'd tell my child that I loved them and I'd stay in touch but then I'd hand my child over. Because I am a big believer in taking responsibility for your actions.

This is the main difference I have noticed between CA and most other mothers. Most mothers teach their children responsibility. Consequences are given for poor choices. It is our job as parents to teach our children how to be loving, caring, disciplined and responsible adults. I would guess that CA never made KC be truly responsible for any of her actions. Therefore, it is my belief, that KC truly didn't think that she would ever be caught and held responsible for killing her daughter.

I am concerned that CA might become overwhelmed at the gravity of the situation. I don't like CA's personality or style but I don't wish any harm to come to her. It is obvious that the marriage was already strained and this must add such unimaginable stress to a marriage that I would think it would be difficult for even the strongest and healthiest marriage to survive. CA's world just came to a crashing halt this afternoon. I am thinking that living in denial is her coping mechanism at this point.

Today, when GA talked before testifying for the GJ he looked like he had aged about 10 years in one day.

Excellent post!!! You put my thoughts into words very eloquently. Well done!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:20 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
She is all over him tonight!! LOL I am telling you...she is ON! Woohoo!! GO NG!
I agree! Did you see her eyeballs just about rolling out of her head while she listened to him go on and on?!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I suppose Cindy, with media following, could have driven Casey directly to the sheriff's department where protesters were waiting. That would have been quite a scene. Or LE could have come out to the house and arrested Casey while all the different media organizations got it all on film. I think the way the did it was ingenious. Not one film crew caught the arrest.
Oh wow...so I saw her moments later being walked into the sheriff's office in handcuffs. So what? I think what people are trying to say is this whole scenario was odd. I for one want to stop the games. If this was the As idea to prevent media from covering the arrest, what have they won by doing this? Oops, there daughter still goes to jail and I for one hope this is end game. Period.
Verified Insider-Mark Dribin case

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themis View Post
I don't know if I read it or what, but had that impression. Sorry, I can't re-trace all the articles I read at this point. I don't know that it was said affirmatively that LE was not aware of what was going on, but when the undercover LEOs saw the switch they immediately stopped the grey SUV and took KC to the OSCO themselves. That would be some circumstantial evidence that LE was not aware of any planned switch to the grey SUV solely to try to hide it from media. Further LE doesn't really care if the media watches as per lots of high profile arrests and prisoner transports. IMHO, I'm just not buying that it was an innocent effort to throw the media off their trail. The media could well have caught up with them at the OSCO, which the media did anyway. So, hiding from the media doesn't wash. That means CA was involved in a pre-planned movement that was odd at best. However, LE did say they always knew where she was.
I'm sure LE would have preferred a perp walk, but I'm good with mug shots!

. . . only the pure of heart can see.

Quote:
No, KC and CA weren't trying to run for it. If they were, CA wouldn't have stopped her car, gotten out and shook her finger at the reporter and told her, "Holly, no more exclusives for you." She would have been bookin' not jabbering.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themis View Post
Now that's the best explanation I've seen of it -- that since she was always shadowed by the Bail Bondsmen, that they helped LE out by separating KC and CA. Keeping GA with MN was also very smart. These arrests on such serious charges with so much at stake can be very dangerous for LE. But, just a wee little nagging doubt, why did the LEOs from OSCO stop the grey SUV and take KC? Why not just let the Bail Bondsmen drive her all the way to OSCO? The undercover LEOs made another immediate transfer to the blue sedan.
Was she traveling in the direction of the sheriff's station when she was stopped?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyb View Post
Well, ingenuity is not what was called for today. We don't need CA to be *ingenious*. She followed a course of action which called attention to her far more than any other route to the jailhouse. There is protocol and it doesn't involve LE having to "cut you off at the pass". Puleeze. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Okay, you're right. Hardly anyone was paying attention or concerned with Casey's whereabouts today at all until Cindy stopped and handed her over to the bondsman today. I did not realize there was "protocol" when a bondsman brings a client in to revoke bail that says the client must not have been in the car of a parent at the time the bondsman apprehends her.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 PM
These boys are my heartstrings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
LP has stated that in normal conversation, when she was being transported with/by Rob Dick, that it was common knowledge that the helicpoters flying over them could not see anything when going under the underpass..
CA stopped the car specifically under one.. Consider the timing of it. Does anyone belive that LE would call this woman's cell phone and tell her what was up while she is driving the two less stable- Thelma and Louise?

I think the bondsman was following KC, as they normally did, and probably told her it was to ditch the press, while they knew from the dispatch or a call to them directly that a warrant had been issued, and that they wanted to seperate the 2 CA's so it occurred without incident. GA was with Nejame at the time, imo, on purpose. I see this as another well-executed, respectful strategy on behalf of OCSO, preserving everyone's safety.
And yet again, here comes Blink with the voice of reason! This explanation makes the MOST sense to me. Thank you.....again!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickycopsy View Post
I understand your point as well, I must just be one of those bleeding hearts where my kids are concerned. It would tear me up to have my child on death row, and I can't fathom anyone mom putting herself before her child.

I must admit though, a part of me would be die altogether with a dead granddaughter and my child responsible for it.
I understand. I have a daughter Casey's age as well. I have already told her I will always love her but will not protect her if she ever commits a crime. She knows I mean it, too...just as I know she never would.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ha! (I don't think they were seriously trying to flee either. Just wanting to go an uh, alternate route for effect.)
Old 10-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Okay, you're right. Hardly anyone was paying attention or concerned with Casey's whereabouts today at all until Cindy stopped and handed her over to the bondsman today. I did not realize there was "protocol" when a bondsman brings a client in to revoke bail that says the client must not have been in the car of a parent at the time the bondsman apprehends her.
OK, you have the last word. Wait... here Chilly...

Quote:
Me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeB View Post
Was she traveling in the direction of the sheriff's station when she was stopped?
Don't know. That would be very important information.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:28 PM

Wow

Just catching up on all the latest. GREAT NEWS today. Apparently this case didn't get the same Grand Jury that the Ramsey's had. These people actually HAVE some sense!

Only thing that could make this night sweeter is if Cindy was arrested right along with her for her big mouth, threats and lies. But then again, that's just MY opinion.

This family was a GREAT example of DYSFUNCTION right down to Lee and Casey's HIGH FIVE. Hey Lee, where's that HIGH FIVE now?

At least George ended up doing the right thing.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
No, KC and CA weren't trying to run for it. If they were, CA wouldn't have stopped her car, gotten out and shook her finger at the reporter and told her, "Holly, no more exclusives for you." She would have been bookin' not jabbering.
Too funny! I have a question...this wasn't "friend" Holly was it?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:29 PM

My focus was, if this was an attempt to flee, Cindy aided. Cindy drove to the underpass and stopped. There happened to be a Grey SUV in the vicinity. Cindy might have walked back to shake her finger so she could say; I didn't know where KC went. I stopped and went back to chase off the media and when I got back to my black SUV she was gone. Zanny took KC.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Verified Aquaculturalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by faefrost View Post
Interesting. Nejame outright said George was testifying AGAINST his daughter today.
Something seems to be up with that. He seems to be making quite a case of George's cooperation. Is something coming down with CA and Nejame is trying to distance GA from the whole situation? What was up with the "escape"? I can't believe the guard would put himself in a position to go down with this sinking ship. There's no doubt they would have found them. Didn't Casey still have the monitor on her ankle? Is anything in this case NOT bizarre?