Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 11-12-2003, 11:51 AM

NV - Bertha Anguiano, 33, Carson City, 10 Nov 2003

http://rgj.com/news/stories/html/200...sp7=news_front

Sandi Wright
RENO GAZETTE-JOURNAL
11/12/2003 12:02 am

Hampered by few leads and relying on a 3-year-old eyewitness, Carson City sheriff?s deputies continued searching Tuesday for a 33-year-old mother whose young son said he saw three men kill her before he was shoved out of a car in Dayton, 15 miles from home.

Bertha Anguiano?s 3-year-old son was found bleeding from a head wound about 9:30 a.m. Monday in front of Smith?s supermarket in Dayton, said Carson City Sheriff Kenny Furlong.

?He said he was pushed out of a vehicle and that he saw someone kill her. We have no verification of that, and right now we?re treating this as a missing person believed to be in danger under suspicious circumstances,? Furlong said.

He said the boy told investigators that he and his mother were taken to Dayton by three men.

The boy said he had been hit on the head with an unknown object. He was treated by emergency medics at the store, Furlong said.

Furlong said Anguiano?s husband was cooperative, and that his time and activities have been accounted for at his workplace.

?Their relationship appears to be stable, but there have been some statements made that we?re looking into,? he said.

Furlong would not elaborate, but said the husband is not a suspect.

Anguiano?s brown 1992 Ford Tempo was found at Empire Elementary School, a few blocks from the store Monday afternoon. There were no car problems, Furlong said.

The 3-year-old told police he and his mother had dropped off one of her three sons at school between 8 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. An older son had stayed home sick, Furlong said.

Anguiano?s purse and keys were not found with her car.

?It appears she got out of the car of her own choosing. Nothing is out of the norm until she did not open her business,? he said.

?We basically have only one witness, because nobody saw anything at the school or Smith?s,? he said.

A robbery at a market in the same shopping center the prior week does not appear to be related, Furlong said.

?We?ve followed leads on that, but we don?t see a strong connection to this incident other than the location,? Furlong said.

The child was interviewed Tuesday by a psychologist to piece together details of the incident, he said, but very little new information came out.

The boy is expected to be interviewed again today, he said.

?We?re holding on to some of it so we don?t jeopardize the investigation, but we are barely creeping forward,? he said.

?One of the problems we?re having is that we?re taking a 3-year-old?s statement and applying adult standards to it. The boy said it was a big truck, but to a 3-year-old, that could be a little Toyota,? he said.

?Trying to find a motive is the thrust of this investigation,? he said.

Furlong said Anguiano, who owns her own video store at the corner of Edmonds and Desatoya drives, did not open the shop Monday morning. The boy typically stays at the store with his mother during the day.

Furlong said several members of his investigative team spent Tuesday going through documents at the video store -- such as financial and phone records -- to find names of people to interview.

?We have interviewed many, many people,? he said.

Lyon County Sheriff?s Capt. Jeff Page said the report from Smith?s employees initially came in as a traffic accident, but after talking to the boy, they became concerned.

Smith?s employees declined to comment.

?Based on information from the child, it appeared that there had been some major criminal activity,? Page said.

The boy was able to give his full name, so police took him to Dayton Elementary School but could find no one there with the same last name, Page said.

Lyon County detectives then contacted the state?s Department of Public Safety. Investigators there traced the child through his brothers? attendance at Empire Elementary School in Carson City, Furlong said.

The boy was returned to his father Monday, Furlong said, adding that the child was in good mental and physical shape.

?He?s just a bundle of energy. He?s very intelligent and very articulate,? he said.

Furlong asked anyone with information to contact investigators at 887-2008.

MISSING

Bertha Anguiano, 33

5 feet tall

110 pounds

Dark brown hair

Brown eyes
Old 12-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Former member

Police not stating whether blood on boys was his moms...

http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html...com/news/local
Old 12-10-2003, 03:48 PM

Tellez denies responsibility in disappearance

http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html...sp7=local_news
Old 05-05-2004, 05:52 AM

NV-Bertha Anguiano - 33 - missing since 11/10/03

A man suspected in the disappearance of a Nevada woman was sentenced Monday in Utah's 3rd District Court to prison for up to five years for pointing a loaded gun at a Salt Lake County sheriff's detective.
Juan Carlos Tellez -- an illegal immigrant -- was convicted at a jury trial of third-degree felony counts of aggravated assault and possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person, as well as a misdemeanor count of carrying a concealed weapon.
http://www.sltrib.com/2004/May/05042004/utah/163190.asp
Old 08-13-2004, 03:35 AM
Former Member

For Bertha
Old 09-17-2004, 08:20 PM

Mom's Body Found? Remember this one?

Nevada Desert
Bertha Anguiaro,33
3 year old bloody boy found at grocery store
Said Mommy is dead.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Former Member

I just sent you a private message, SS

To view it, click the words "Private Messages" at the upper right hand corner of your screen.

Thanks, Lanie
Help For The Missing
Old 09-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Pyrrhonist

There wasn't a problem with ShowerSinger posting this, I hope. I would love a link to the story, as that one bothered me a great deal.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:25 PM
CJ Analyst

http://tv.ksl.com/index.php?nid=5&sid=120225

Remains Found in Nevada Could Be Missing Mother
Sep. 17, 2004
Old 09-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwheel
There wasn't a problem with ShowerSinger posting this, I hope. I would love a link to the story, as that one bothered me a great deal.
I was hoping the same thing, because I am interested in this story as well.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasBlind
For Bertha

I think they found Bertha......Very sad

http://rgj.com/news/printstory.php?id=80704
Old 09-23-2004, 11:28 PM

It is Bertha

They have determined it is Bertha.
I hope her killer gets what he deserves...

http://www.rgj.com//news/stories/htm...9/23/81030.php
Old 09-23-2004, 11:50 PM
Former Member

Can someone pls merge with the orginal thread? Many thanks
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2171

http://www.rgj.com//news/stories/htm...9/23/81030.php

Officials: Fallon-area body is missing mom
Steve Timko RENO GAZETTE-JOURNAL
9/23/2004 12:07 pm

DNA evidence confirmed that a body found last week outside Fallon are the remains of Bertha Anguiano, a Carson City mother missing since Nov. 10, the Churchill County Sheriff’s Office said today.

Churchill county and Carson City authorities met Wednesday and agreed that Carson City will handle any criminal charges related to Anguiano’s death, Churchill Sheriff Richard Ingram said in a statement.

The body was found in the brush about 4 miles from U.S. 50 off a dirt road that begins as Trento Lane. On Sept. 15, a dog brought home part of Anguiano’s arm and hand and the homeowner contacted the Churchill County Sheriff’s Office, which found the remains the next morning.

The DNA from the bone recovered by the dog and teeth on the body were compared to DNA belonging to Anguiano and the analysis placed the certainty of a match at 99.98 percent, the Churchill County Sheriff’s Office reported.

Investigators will need further examination of the remains to determine the cause of death, the sheriff’s office reported.

Investigators believe Anguiano was having an affair with Israel Tellez, who was staying at the Oxbow Motel in Fallon the day she disappeared. Tellez, currently serving time in a Utah prison for pulling a gun on a Utah sheriff’s sergeant taking him into custody on Nov. 21, is a suspect in Anguiano’s disappearance but has not been charged.

Tellez, also known as Juan Carlos Tellez, had left mud in the Fallon motel room where he had been staying, prompting investigators to focus their search for Anguiano’s body around the water at Lahontan State Park between Carson City and Fallon.

Anguiano was last seen Nov. 10 after she dropped a son off at a Carson elementary school.

Later that day, Anguiano’s 3-year-old son was found bloodied and clutching a $1 bill at a Smith’s supermarket in Dayton, 15 miles from the school.

The 3-year-old boy told authorities that a man named Juan hit his mother in the head with a shovel and put her in the back of a truck.

Rest in peace, Bertha.
Prayers for this little one, who apparently witnessed his mother's murder, and prayers for justice.
With love and hope, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com
Old 09-23-2004, 11:56 PM
Former Member

Perhaps these two can be merged, now.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12844

I hated logging on and seeing this was confirmed. *sigh*
My biggest concern is for the young child now.
That just breaks my heart.

Prayers for all, and for justice.
With love and hope, Lanie
Old 10-19-2004, 10:46 PM
True Crime Fanatic

Bertha

Bertha lived only a few miles from me, but we never met, or came into contact, as you might think you would when you live in small towns. Carson City, the jurisdiction which is taking over, since she was last seen in this county (her bone remains were NOT found here). Carson City is big when compared to Dayton or Silver Springs... the site of a few pieces of this mystery, and, further, Carson City is the capital of Nevada, but forgive me for what I am about to say... Carson City is not the right jurisdiction to hold justice. Storey County may not be more eqipped, but in my humble opinion, it cares more...

Teraisa
Old 10-20-2004, 04:08 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwheel
I was trying to teach her how to copy and paste the link, Ghostwheel

I'm glad to see so many people care about this gal and justice for her.
I continue to pray for the little boy.
With love and HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing
Old 10-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Happy 2011!

Found deceased

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=2&gl=us

9/23/2004 12:07 pm

DNA evidence confirmed that a body found last week outside Fallon are the remains of Bertha Anguiano, a Carson City mother missing since Nov. 10, the Churchill County Sheriff’s Office said today.

Churchill county and Carson City authorities met Wednesday and agreed that Carson City will handle any criminal charges related to Anguiano’s death, Churchill Sheriff Richard Ingram said in a statement.

The body was found in the brush about 4 miles from U.S. 50 off a dirt road that begins as Trento Lane. On Sept. 15, a dog brought home part of Anguiano’s arm and hand and the homeowner contacted the Churchill County Sheriff’s Office, which found the remains the next morning.

The DNA from the bone recovered by the dog and teeth on the body were compared to DNA belonging to Anguiano and the analysis placed the certainty of a match at 99.98 percent, the Churchill County Sheriff’s Office reported.

more at link
Old 10-22-2007, 10:00 AM

Wow!! Hoppyfrog you are on the ball. Awesome!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Happy 2011!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgirl View Post
Wow!! Hoppyfrog you are on the ball. Awesome!
Thanks. I've been trying to update threads so they can be moved over to "located." Resolving cases is good (though sometimes very sad). I've updated the easy ones; it's these older ones that are tricky and require a lot more time to research.

Hoppy