Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:56 PM

The Anthony's Attend Missing Children's Day commemoration with the Govenor.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't they be looking for an alive Caylee.
NERVE!
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/state/c...rida_Girl.html

Last edited by Patty G; 10-27-2008 at 11:19 PM. Reason: correct link-clarify title. I removed question marks.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:59 PM
The truth will set you free - oops not in this case ...

I think this is something that will help the Anthony's.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:01 PM
WS Administrator

I don't understand the problem with them going to this.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Retired WS Staff

George and Cindy Anthony joined 13 other families and Gov. Charlie Crist at the annual Missing Children's Day commemoration Monday. Cindy Anthony said the other families in attendance offered comfort and inspiration.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:05 PM

I guess if they truly believe that Caylee is alive its O.K. I guess I just feel bad for those parents/grandparents w/missing children there who have no one sitting in jail indicted for murder of those children.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:07 PM
WS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
George and Cindy Anthony joined 13 other families and Gov. Charlie Crist at the annual Missing Children's Day commemoration Monday. Cindy Anthony said the other families in attendance offered comfort and inspiration.
I think this poor family has to reach out in some way.Their granddaughter is missing.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fay View Post
Am I missing something? Shouldn't they be looking for an alive Caylee.
NERVE!
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/state/c...rida_Girl.html
Respectfully, this ceremony included 13 other families with missing children. For once, I can say, if this mess helps bring to light the epidemic of missing children and as the gps of a missing baby they attended, I say Nejame is finally getting through to them. Musta been a helluva meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
I don't understand the problem with them going to this.
Well maybe your right. It might help them find some comfort. But in a way isn't it a charade? The only thing I think missing is their daughters confession. I do think this is nervy and maybe a plea for sympathy.
I'm not sure how I feel now.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:10 PM

It's about creating "reasonable doubt".
Old 10-27-2008, 11:10 PM

Unfortunately, all of the missing children could be, and probably are, dead. Is it nervy of those families to be there with the governor too?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:12 PM
WS Administrator

Quote:
Well maybe your right. It might help them find some comfort. But in a way isn't it a charade? The only thing I think missing is their daughters confession. I do think this is nervy and maybe a plea for sympathy.
I'm not sure how I feel now.
well either their granddaughter is dead at the hands of their daughter or their granddaughter is missing and hasn't been seen in months or their granddaughter is dead at the hands of another. All scenarios are devastating and they are not responsible either which way.
They deserve comfort. They are trying to cope with something I couldn't face.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:14 PM

The 12 other families who attended actually reported their children missing. Wonder what they think of kc.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:15 PM
WS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
or reaching out to cope with something devastating.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:15 PM
WS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspicious mind View Post
The 12 other families who attended actually reported their children missing. Wonder what they think of kc.
I have a pretty good idea what they think of her.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
Unfortunately, all of the missing children could be, and probably are, dead. Is it nervy of those families to be there with the governor too?
Of course not! And I think you know I didn't mean the other families. It is the set of circumstances and the inconsistencies of the remarks of the Anthony family that I find appalling.
I don't appreciate getting this kind of remark for stating my opinion, I also said I wasn't sure how I felt about it.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
I have a pretty good idea what they think of her.
Regardless of what the other families think of Casey they put those feelings aside and offered support and inspiration to Cindy and George. Maybe they know something we don't know about grief and losing a beloved child.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
I think this poor family has to reach out in some way.Their granddaughter is missing.
I agree 100%.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
or reaching out to cope with something devastating.
I agree to a point. They need comfort perhaps from other families that know the pain of this kind but I also feel it is their perverbial thread of the rope they are trying to hang onto to keep from losing their only daughter.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:22 PM

I don't see anything the matter with them going to this. In fact, I applaud them for it.
This is something they need at this point.

These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Of course not! And I think you know I didn't mean the other families. It is the set of circumstances and the inconsistencies of the remarks of the Anthony family that I find appalling.
I don't appreciate getting this kind of remark for stating my opinion, I also said I wasn't sure how I felt about it.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult you, I felt it was a fair question. Just like every other family there, the Anthony's have lost a child they loved. I don't understand why they are treated differently or singled out as being nervy. Yes, Casey has been accused of murdering Caylee, which, if anything makes the Anthony loss that much more difficult to bear. It's likely that some of the other missing children have also been harmed or kidnapped by family members. No one is calling them nervy for grieving or for seeking to support other families going through a similar ordeal.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Former Member

KC may not be anything close to the same as other parents of missing children, but you can't deny that Cindy and George have lost a grandchild through no direct fault of their own.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
Well, Could be part of that but I still think that at least GA is still in denial and really wants to believe that Caylee is simply just "missing" and not deceased....Either way, I say go for it.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Inactive

12 other families (among many others out there) that would love to have help from TES, law enforcement and anyone else willing to help find their children, unlike the Anthony's. Since I believe they know Caylee is dead at the hands of their daughter, this charade would be unwelcomed by me if I were one of those families.
Just my opinion.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzysf View Post
12 other families (among many others out there) that would love to have help from TES, law enforcement and anyone else willing to help find their children, unlike the Anthony's. Since I believe they know Caylee is dead at the hands of their daughter, this charade would be unwelcomed by me if I were one of those families.
Just my opinion.
That I can see.....I certainly hope they are not going to try to create reasonable doubt with the jury but I really think that GA (not sure at all about CA) just isn't ready to comprehend and accept that Caylee is anything BUT missing. That's why he still drives the billboard around....(I'm assuming he still does. I don't know this as fact!)
Old 10-28-2008, 12:13 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacnotcam View Post
That I can see.....I certainly hope they are not going to try to create reasonable doubt with the jury but I really think that GA (not sure at all about CA) just isn't ready to comprehend and accept that Caylee is anything BUT missing. That's why he still drives the billboard around....(I'm assuming he still does. I don't know this as fact!)
The billboard is just part of the charade..and a way to get away from Cindy for awhile. How do they face each other everyday?