Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:59 PM

REVISIT Caylee's biological father/Reverse DNA Profile**MERGED**

Anyone watching Cold Case might have seen that labs can do a "reverse DNA profile". In a case when a child has an unknown father (and no comparison sample), for example, the lab can run the full profile on the mother and the full profile on the child and then take the child's DNA profile, remove the mother's known DNA markers and be left with 1/2 of the father's DNA markers. [Extremely simplified explanation]

If this technique was used in Caylee's case this may be the reason why there are so many "rumors" about the alleged father's paternity.

We know they have Casey's full DNA profile because they took her samples the first time she was at the jail. We can be reasonably sure they have Caylee's full profile from samples they took from inside the home (her little toothbrushes and hairbrushes). By taking Caylee's DNA profile and stripping off Casey's maternal DNA markers the remaining markers should be a half-profile of the bio-dad. If something "hinky" was remaining (they all looked like Casey's markers too) then maybe this is why speculation went rampant?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theonly1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2008, 05:27 PM

I believe that JG had the DNA profile for Caylee. When he had the paternity test done. He offered it to LE.
The Following User Says Thank You to Manny For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2008, 05:49 PM

I had no idea that they could do this kind of reverse profiling. Interesting. I'm not sure I buy into the nasty theory that has been bantered around. I have to admit that it would give answer to a lot of unusual behaviors and unknowns but I can't really let my mind go there. I think the possibility was floating around before LP even mentioned it and I think that Jesse's father kind of added fuel to fire with one of his blog posts that came out around the same time (about the family dog)...Regardless, I am surprised that no one has come forward to negate the rumor. At the very least, in honor of Caylee. Unfortunately, the paternity issue is there and it's likely to come up again and again.

I have to admit that I keep hoping that her father will step forward and claim her. Even now, even if she's not here. She deserves a voice (that she has not been given) and to be upheld and protected.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:07 PM
There are no humble opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theonly1 View Post

[snip...]
If this technique was used in Caylee's case this may be the reason why there are so many "rumors" about the alleged father's paternity.
[snip...]
Perhaps it's a bit simpler than this... lack of information breeds rumors. I'm wondering if KC herself knows for certain who the father is. She may have even created a heroic fantasy father in her head to compensate for this, or to add some mystery to her personna.

LA initially refused to submit DNA samples, but IIRC GA and CA eventually submitted samples. This behavior no doubt set off some people's highly sensitive Hinkyometers, but if there was something purient going on-- LE would likely know by now.

All we know for sure is JG isn't the father, beyond that there's little else but rumor, and that shouldn't be surprising.
The Following User Says Thank You to Where's Andre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Mother to Many

Quote:
Anyone watching Cold Case might have seen that labs can do a "reverse DNA profile". In a case when a child has an unknown father (and no comparison sample), for example, the lab can run the full profile on the mother and the full profile on the child and then take the child's DNA profile, remove the mother's known DNA markers and be left with 1/2 of the father's DNA markers. [Extremely simplified explanation]

We know they have Casey's full DNA profile because they took her samples the first time she was at the jail. We can be reasonably sure they have Caylee's full profile from samples they took from inside the home (her little toothbrushes and hairbrushes). By taking Caylee's DNA profile and stripping off Casey's maternal DNA markers the remaining markers should be a half-profile of the bio-dad. If something "hinky" was remaining (they all looked like Casey's markers too) then maybe this is why speculation went rampant?
Very interesting. That would explain how the "hinky" meters got sent into overtime in some of our minds, including Leonard P.. If they removed all the "known" markers that were from the mother, and they were left with hardly anything, then that could very well indicate that the mother and the father shared some of the same markers...Good to know there COULD be a scientific reason for LP announcing what he did about Lee...I knew he wasn't just blowing hot air, and this is confirmation to me that this could be what he was speaking of.

Of course, they may not even have done this with Casey/Caylee...I guess we will find out when it all comes out in the trial, unless Casey confesses before then to save her skin...which I kinda doubt...

ABC provided $200,000.00 to
Casey Anthonys defense!
The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.
The Following User Says Thank You to magic-cat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:

My son (biology/chemistry scientist) said that if there were "more than a certain number of alleles(sp?) in common with mom, it would mean that a member of the mom's family is the father"...

He said "normally", and I stress NORMALLY, there are 1/2 mom's and 1/2 dad's alleles - simplifying here - if Caylee's through reverse DNA were say 3/4 mom's then yes, the hinkey meter should sound bells! Just trying to simplify so we can all understand - hard for me to get too!
The Following User Says Thank You to cocoamom For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Mother to Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoamom View Post
My son (biology/chemistry scientist) said that if there were "more than a certain number of alleles(sp?) in common with mom, it would mean that a member of the mom's family is the father"...

He said "normally", and I stress NORMALLY, there are 1/2 mom's and 1/2 dad's alleles - simplifying here - if Caylee's through reverse DNA were say 3/4 mom's then yes, the hinkey meter should sound bells! Just trying to simplify so we can all understand - hard for me to get too!
A member of the mom's family...hmmm...I wonder if this could be a cousin or an uncle or someone not so "close" as a brother or a father? If it would still show the same "resemblance" if that were the case?

Casey Anthonys defense!

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Live Better

How are they going to find out which men to test?
Old 11-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Logo Guru

Searchers: Order Websleuths T's Immediately as Monday 11/3 is the last day to to order and get them in time for the SEARCH. URGENT: Websleuths T-Shirts for Caylee searchers available now and will arrive in time for the search next weekend. VISIT:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74103
Old 11-02-2008, 10:46 PM

Well we have a conception date about the end of Novemeber- begining of December based on Caylee's birthdate of the beginning of August. Now Uncle Rick says he thinks
casey got pregnant during a Christmas party. [The tread must of have been deleated.
Rick was on here about 8/20 because I was lurking at the time and had just registered and by the time I was able to post the thread was gone] I have always wondered about his comment of an a Christmas party. Why would a Christmas party come to mind. Isn't early December a little early for Christmas parties?

But a family get together for Thanksgiving is not too late for the end of November.
Just a thought.
The Following User Says Thank You to shadow of my mind For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow of my mind View Post
Well we have a conception date about the end of Novemeber- begining of December based on Caylee's birthdate of the beginning of August. Now Uncle Rick says he thinks
casey got pregnant during a Christmas party. [The tread must of have been deleated.
Rick was on here about 8/20 because I was lurking at the time and had just registered and by the time I was able to post the thread was gone] I have always wondered about his comment of an a Christmas party. Why would a Christmas party come to mind. Isn't early December a little early for Christmas parties?

But a family get together for Thanksgiving is not too late for the end of November.
Just a thought.
Good point about the Thanksgiving! Does make one think!!!

BIG WAVE HI TO AMITY!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2008, 11:11 PM

You know, of course. that all military members have their DNA on file with the federal government.
The Following User Says Thank You to Themis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Banned

Quote:

Cool, I didn't realize they could do that.

Re the rampant speculation, that was based completely on Mr. Padilla's complete and utter failure to understand what Mitochondrial DNA is.

It is my assertion that if Mr Padilla had proof that LA was the father, he would have come forward and said "This is the evidence I have, it came from X lab, here is an expert to interpret it so you understand, you heard it from me first." Mr Padilla is in no way media shy, and if he could provide proof of this theory he would have. The problem is he doesn't have proof and never has. I'm not sure why people give him so much credence in the first place, he has made numerous statements of fact which have turned out to be utterly false. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but I like him just like Dog the Bounty Hunter. It's mildly amusing television. Would so many people take Dog's statements as gospel if he started talking to the media about the CA case? It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I think the whole Bio dad guessing game is an interesting diversion, but in the end it has no bearing in any fashion that I can see to Caylee's demise and where her body is located.
The Following User Says Thank You to reefshadow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoamom View Post

Good explanation there mom............

If they did it with the 17 DNA loci & Amelogein (which is what they normally use in suspected incest cases) The child would inherit ALL obligate alleles from the father, so it is easily identified.
The Following User Says Thank You to TURBOTHINK For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefshadow View Post
Cool, I didn't realize they could do that.

Re the rampant speculation, that was based completely on Mr. Padilla's complete and utter failure to understand what Mitochondrial DNA is.

It is my assertion that if Mr Padilla had proof that LA was the father, he would have come forward and said "This is the evidence I have, it came from X lab, here is an expert to interpret it so you understand, you heard it from me first." Mr Padilla is in no way media shy, and if he could provide proof of this theory he would have. The problem is he doesn't have proof and never has. I'm not sure why people give him so much credence in the first place, he has made numerous statements of fact which have turned out to be utterly false. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but I like him just like Dog the Bounty Hunter. It's mildly amusing television. Would so many people take Dog's statements as gospel if he started talking to the media about the CA case? It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I think the whole Bio dad guessing game is an interesting diversion, but in the end it has no bearing in any fashion that I can see to Caylee's demise and where her body is located.
I believe it could have EVERYTHING to do with the case. If he were the father, then the "family secret" would be exposed if they told the truth because in an autopsy they do DNA routinely. That would have exposed the incest immediately.

What they didn't count on was them having enough DNA from Caylee and doing all the tests. It never occurred to them that Jesse would have the complete DNA tests and give it to LE.

That would explain why they MUST stick to the kidnapping story.

That would also explain why LE or GA might be involved in burying the baby and hiding her from LE.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TURBOTHINK For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2008, 12:00 AM
whiskey in a teacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post

What they didn't count on was them having enough DNA from Caylee and doing all the tests. It never occurred to them that Jesse would have the complete DNA tests and give it to LE.

That would also explain why LE or GA might be involved in burying the baby and hiding her from LE.
(respectfully snipped)

Surely they would have figured that DNA could be gotten from Caylee's other objects...toothbrushes, hair found in her room, etc. GA, being former law enforcement, would have immediately known this. This makes no sense to me....or maybe I'm misunderstanding the point?

"A true artist will always be open minded because that's their responsibility." - Lee Quinones
The Following User Says Thank You to babycat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
I believe it could have EVERYTHING to do with the case. If he were the father, then the "family secret" would be exposed if they told the truth because in an autopsy they do DNA routinely. That would have exposed the incest immediately.

I agree with you the biological father of Caylee does in fact make a difference in this cause especially if the rumors are true. If the rumor is true that in itself would explain sooo much of the shenanigans the A's have put forth, if the rumor about paternity is not true we are still left with a lot of unanswered questions. I do wish that this one issue in particular could be put to rest one way or the other. In all honesty I hope that the rumor is not true, simply for Caylee's sake.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to Truthwillsetufree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycat View Post
(respectfully snipped)

Surely they would have figured that DNA could be gotten from Caylee's other objects...toothbrushes, hair found in her room, etc. GA, being former law enforcement, would have immediately known this. This makes no sense to me....or maybe I'm misunderstanding the point?
He was a cop like 20 years ago and maybe he wasn't that good at it.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to Truthwillsetufree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Proud to be Mikey's Mom

I absolutely hate when the discussions come back to this. There is nothing to suggest this. I am sorry but I believe this discussion about Lee being the father takes away from the credibility of what websleuths is all about. It juist seems mean and hateful. Of course, this is just my opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DADSGIRL4EVER For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2008, 12:42 AM
"....Good luck, we're all counting on you."

Caylee Bio dad must know......

I mean with all the media attention this case has generated. There has to be a man out there, thinking yep, I had a one nighter with that girl. Mabye I need to make a phone call???

Unless it is this eric? that is dead that was married.?:

The Following User Says Thank You to skygirl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Mother to Many

Quote:
(respectfully snipped)

We do not know that they did not "sterilize" these items or even replace them. We just do not know much of anything because the Anthony family as a whole keep making every effort to muddy the waters every time they begin to clear a bit.

Casey Anthonys defense!

Old 11-03-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADSGIRL4EVER View Post
I absolutely hate when the discussions come back to this. There is nothing to suggest this. I am sorry but I believe this discussion about Lee being the father takes away from the credibility of what websleuths is all about. It juist seems mean and hateful. Of course, this is just my opinion.
I do too. BUT- it's no more mean and hateful than Casey killing her baby, or her grandparents slinging mud at TES & everyone who has come into contact with her maniacal daughter. This is a theory, ugly as it is, and it does happen every day in families around the world.

I hope it is not true...not because of Caylee (because she is dead and wont know the difference) but because of Casey. Meaning that the defense will use some sort of PTSD and incest would def. give someone post traumatic stress disorder. NOT that having PTSD is a valid excuse for murdering your child, but if they can successfully prove this, she would get less time, imho.
The Following User Says Thank You to want2help For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2008, 01:17 AM

Quote:
(respectfully snipped)

They have had Caylee's DNA for a long time now. They did a paternity test with JG, and it proved him to not be the father. They needed her DNA to do the test.
The Following User Says Thank You to want2help For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2008, 01:21 AM
Mother to Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADSGIRL4EVER View Post
It is only a theory, and one of many that are circulating. It is not meant to be mean nor hateful, but it could be extremely relevant if it were, in fact, found to be of truth. There is a whole 'nother ballgame of motives right there.

For myself, the awesome astrologers that we have on board have stated emphatically that this is NOT the case, and they have not steered us wrong to date, and as I have stated previously I do not believe that Lee is bio daddy whatsoever-just because there is no "promise" of it in the stars. But if those ladies did not deny it with such conviction, I would certainly have my doubts, and that is all that these theories are in the end, is our doubts given form. It does not mean it is so, but if you follow all the roads then eventually you are bound to find one that leads to unto where you are trying to go.

And, as horrible a subject to broach as incest is, it happens every single day-brother's raping their sisters HAPPENS. I know a boy (now 17) personally who raped (sodomized SEVERELY) his little sister (who was disabled) when she was 9 years old and he was 13-so it is in the realm of possibilties to consider. It happens-as sick and demented as it is, it still happens.

Casey Anthonys defense!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magic-cat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2008, 01:29 AM
whiskey in a teacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic-cat View Post
We do not know that they did not "sterilize" these items or even replace them. We just do not know much of anything because the Anthony family as a whole keep making every effort to muddy the waters every time they begin to clear a bit.
I would think it would be almost impossible to sterilize Caylee's entire room, and there would be DNA ALL over it. I mean, you see how far they got when they tried to "sterilize" or clean the trunk. LE still found DNA....and that was just a trunk. So GA, being former LE, would have know that it would have been nearly impossible for them to rid the entire house of DNA, since Caylee had lived in it for almost three years.

So I think the "sterilization" theory is pretty far fetched...

"A true artist will always be open minded because that's their responsibility." - Lee Quinones
The Following User Says Thank You to babycat For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread