Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Truth Seeker's Avatar
Truth Seeker Truth Seeker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,308
Detective Melich and Websleuths in The News

http://www.wftv.com/news/17877073/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The case against Casey has grown so big, even the lead detective got caught up in the publicity. Eyewitness News has learned Detective Melich has been reprimanded by his bosses for blogging about the case online.

One blogger on websleuths.com claimed to be the president of the "WWYMD" fan club, meaning "What Would Yuri Melich Do?" One blogger was floored over how awesome Melich's work was after watching the interview Melich did with Casey Anthony's mother a couple of weeks after Casey's arrest.

Bloggers also asked about Melich's leg after seeing him on TV with a crutch. On September 20, he posted as "Dick Tracy Orlando" about how he had broken it in three places during training. He thanked them for their concern, writing, "Thank you for keeping Caylee on the forefront. We are all working for her."

Even so, the Anthony family's attorney, Mark NeJame, took issue with it and complained to the sheriff's office. Melich's bosses then told him to stop, concerned that his communications with bloggers would be portrayed as an endorsement of some of the other opinions they expressed against Casey.
__________________
Judge Stan Strickland "God didn't set Casey free - a jury did"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:02 PM
unsaid unsaid is offline
I don't know and you don't know either! LOL
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 340
Wow! Not good...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Baznme's Avatar
Baznme Baznme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northern Adirondack Mountains
Posts: 4,226
So can we take it as "Eyewitness News" is here too!!??
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:12 PM
LeLe1953 LeLe1953 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,928
That is just stupid. If he had ever said anything about the case I could understand it, but he didn't. Nejame needs to worry more about his clients public image that Yuri's.

I hope they have all taken a look for themselves to see it isn't a big deal.
Jesus, if Kobie can go on Nancy Grace to discuss EVIDENCE & he works for the defense, what is wrong with Yuri just saying "thanks for the support."

The jerk factor with all of "that family" just keeps on rising.
They need to be more worried about finding Caylee's body than any web site. Where I want to see them ALL
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:14 PM
mombomb's Avatar
mombomb mombomb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,442
they also showed Karate Dad's images of jail house KC and the BS meter
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:15 PM
zadari's Avatar
zadari zadari is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 2,147
oh oh lol .. i think im gonna be watching what i say and post on here till this case is over with ,
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:17 PM
cfromcanada cfromcanada is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
So can we take it as "Eyewitness News" is here too!!??

No CA is just doing what she does. She goes to different sites to see where they stand.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:18 PM
diane952 diane952 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 370
I'm not sure it was appropriate for the detective in an ongoing case to post here....just sayin.. seems like it could be construed as unethical.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:19 PM
LiveLoveLaughLiza's Avatar
LiveLoveLaughLiza LiveLoveLaughLiza is offline
Jog On
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeLe1953 View Post
That is just stupid. If he had ever said anything about the case I could understand it, but he didn't. Nejame needs to worry more about his clients public image that Yuri's.

I hope they have all taken a look for themselves to see it isn't a big deal.
Jesus, if Kobie can go on Nancy Grace to discuss EVIDENCE & he works for the defense, what is wrong with Yuri just saying "thanks for the support."

The jerk factor with all of "that family" just keeps on rising.
They need to be more worried about finding Caylee's body than any web site. Where I want to see them ALL
You said it all!!!!

What is it with these people? Is it their mission to pizz off more people than humanly possible? What do they care that Yuri was talking about everything BUT the case? Do they ever, ever put Caylee first.....EVER?

Oh, this makes me mad
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Baznme's Avatar
Baznme Baznme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northern Adirondack Mountains
Posts: 4,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfromcanada View Post
No CA is just doing what she does. She goes to different sites to see where they stand.
Looking for loopholes? Is that it? Geez, doesn't Eyewitness News have anything better to report than that?

You can bet they'll have a team of reporters hovering out there on the search trying to prompt searchers to be interviewed. It's just another story to them, I suppose.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:21 PM
cheko1 cheko1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,142
Geez the defense team must really be grasping at straws complaining about us! SHEESH!!!!!!

They're a bunch of hipocrites ......the only question most of us have is????? WHERE IS CAYLEE???????

Doesn't the family want to bring her home & give her a proper burial? Or are they convinced they did a good enough job she'll never be found.

Nothing was said wrong & they honestly need to worry about CAYLEE!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:21 PM
zadari's Avatar
zadari zadari is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 2,147
you know i saw the pain in cindys eyes when she was hugging that little girl .. when i saw that it made me so sad for her . i cant help it she was closing her eyes and imagining that baby was caylee now if she would just do the right thing by caylee ..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:22 PM
audiogirl audiogirl is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 462
OMG! Can they NOT find anything better to do with their time? Yuri did

NOTHING wrong. I believe Casey's defense needs to be spending a little more time on how they are going to keep their client off death row and a little less time on what the truly innocent people are doing!

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:22 PM
mombomb's Avatar
mombomb mombomb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane952 View Post
I'm not sure it was appropriate for the detective in an ongoing case to post here....just sayin.. seems like it could be construed as unethical.
I agree, but I read everyone of his posts and looked forward to them In his defense, was he not out on sick leave at the time? And IIRC he never said anything at all specific to the case.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:22 PM
tiredofthis's Avatar
tiredofthis tiredofthis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere out there.
Posts: 3,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Seeker View Post
http://www.wftv.com/news/17877073/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The case against Casey has grown so big, even the lead detective got caught up in the publicity. Eyewitness News has learned Detective Melich has been reprimanded by his bosses for blogging about the case online.

One blogger on websleuths.com claimed to be the president of the "WWYMD" fan club, meaning "What Would Yuri Melich Do?" One blogger was floored over how awesome Melich's work was after watching the interview Melich did with Casey Anthony's mother a couple of weeks after Casey's arrest.

Bloggers also asked about Melich's leg after seeing him on TV with a crutch. On September 20, he posted as "Dick Tracy Orlando" about how he had broken it in three places during training. He thanked them for their concern, writing, "Thank you for keeping Caylee on the forefront. We are all working for her."

Even so, the Anthony family's attorney, Mark NeJame, took issue with it and complained to the sheriff's office. Melich's bosses then told him to stop, concerned that his communications with bloggers would be portrayed as an endorsement of some of the other opinions they expressed against Casey.
Wow. I feel so bad for him.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Baznme's Avatar
Baznme Baznme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northern Adirondack Mountains
Posts: 4,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane952 View Post
I'm not sure it was appropriate for the detective in an ongoing case to post here....just sayin.. seems like it could be construed as unethical.
Seems to me that's what the article is inferring. He never discussed the case but that doesn't seem to count for anything.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Truth Seeker's Avatar
Truth Seeker Truth Seeker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfromcanada View Post
No CA is just doing what she does. She goes to different sites to see where they stand.
We all know she reads here!!!

Casey's defense attorney's public relations firm said Monday that "anything on the blogs we don't pay attention to," because they're unreliable.

It probably would backfire on the defense to bring up the bloggers, since many of them believe Casey Anthony murdered her daughter Caylee."
__________________
Judge Stan Strickland "God didn't set Casey free - a jury did"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Janis396's Avatar
Janis396 Janis396 is offline
It's getting dark, too dark to see....
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The city of rain and coffee....
Posts: 2,305
IIRC, didn't one of the detectives on the Danielle Van Dam case get an idea from WS website about looking at the length of Danielle's hair(s) found in the RV?

This website is probably chock-full of ideas that YM could use to help in putting the investigation together!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:26 PM
CitizenKim's Avatar
CitizenKim CitizenKim is offline
Sleuthy for Truthiness.
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeLe1953 View Post
That is just stupid. If he had ever said anything about the case I could understand it, but he didn't. Nejame needs to worry more about his clients public image that Yuri's.

I hope they have all taken a look for themselves to see it isn't a big deal.
Jesus, if Kobie can go on Nancy Grace to discuss EVIDENCE & he works for the defense, what is wrong with Yuri just saying "thanks for the support."

The jerk factor with all of "that family" just keeps on rising.
They need to be more worried about finding Caylee's body than any web site. Where I want to see them ALL
ITA-- The only think I ever saw him post was thanking people for their support about the case, his work and his leg. Right?

Do we know the # of posts he made? I hate that he got reprimanded but I can see how it "sounds" ill- advised. Hopefully it will just blow over- the report said its unlikely the defense will want to make a huge deal of it bc so many of the bloggers believe Casey's guilty. I wouldn't put anything past Jose- I'm sure he's salivating.
__________________
Can you put truth serum in brownies??? Casey/Jose...Knock, Knock…CANDY GRAM!!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Themis's Avatar
Themis Themis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane952 View Post
I'm not sure it was appropriate for the detective in an ongoing case to post here....just sayin.. seems like it could be construed as unethical.
Nothing unethical about it. That what detectives do -- find out info, test things, talk to people. He just had to treat his time here as on-duty in terms of being a professional; which he did. Nothing unethical. Even the attorneys involved in the case could come here and it would not violate any ethical rules or expectations.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:28 PM
JustJax's Avatar
JustJax JustJax is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfromcanada View Post
No CA is just doing what she does. She goes to different sites to see where they stand.
Wow, is she petty. And she wants everyone to go out to search for a live "little girl" while she is sitting on her ass at home looking for more fights to pick? Bet it is killing her that she can't be filmed every day with her hammer looking all kick ass. Man does she need help...pathetic.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:29 PM
tiredofthis's Avatar
tiredofthis tiredofthis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere out there.
Posts: 3,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themis View Post
Nothing unethical about it. That what detectives do -- find out info, test things, talk to people. He just had to treat his time here as on-duty in terms of being a professional; which he did. Nothing unethical. Even the attorneys involved in the case could come here and it would not violate any ethical rules or expectations.
I'm not entirely certain they don't post here, but who knows.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Themis's Avatar
Themis Themis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenKim View Post
ITA-- The only think I ever saw him post was thanking people for their support about the case, his work and his leg. Right?

Do we know the # of posts he made? I hate that he got reprimanded but I can see how it "sounds" ill- advised. Hopefully it will just blow over- the report said its unlikely the defense will want to make a huge deal of it bc so many of the bloggers believe Casey's guilty. I wouldn't put anything past Jose- I'm sure he's salivating.
His boss's bosses are ELECTED. Yuri is a government employee who is not elected but Yuri's boss has to please the elected bosses. They don't want somebody calling their County elected officials to complain about one government employee being on a national blog site about an ongoing investigation. This is what happens when the government employees are directed in a way to please politicians.

Okay, okay, there's a lot of chit chat, banter and off-duty stuff going on on a forum like this. However, this forum also attracts some highly qualified, multi-disciplinary professionals who opine in their subject areas. It also attracts really smart people who have the time and patience to put together charts, catalog bits and pieces of information and people who can interconnect the disciplines for a more consistent, overview picture. Some of the posts and revelations by doing this are nothing short of spectacular! It also keeps the readers more grounded in a national groundswell of moral and social values; even if articulated in rather strange or strong terms sometimes.

Iffen I wuz god, well just for a while," ... ... or Yuri's boss, I'd say go ahead and post. Have a signature line that disavows any endorsement of any ideas or opinions other than your own posts. Keep your own posts extremely professional and courteous and don't engage with anyone over any point. Then, I would think, with some ground rules, that it might be helpful to the case to have investigators take a look at high quality sleuthing forums like Websleuths.


"Iffen I wuz god, well just for a while, I wouldn't set the sun at night, 'til everyone was treated right." (From a 1970s era Tom Sawyer record.)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Nosey Parker's Avatar
Nosey Parker Nosey Parker is offline
A Brit in Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,375
I was always afraid the Anthony's would get a hold of Yuri being a member, and try to discredit him. Now, whatever would make me think that?

I hope Yuri was able to shake it off and the media is making any dressing down from the bosses more than it really was. He said repeatedly that he could not discuss the case, and he didn't.
__________________


'Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned/Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.'
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Janis396's Avatar
Janis396 Janis396 is offline
It's getting dark, too dark to see....
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The city of rain and coffee....
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Seeker View Post
http://www.wftv.com/news/17877073/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The case against Casey has grown so big, even the lead detective got caught up in the publicity. Eyewitness News has learned Detective Melich has been reprimanded by his bosses for blogging about the case online.

One blogger on websleuths.com claimed to be the president of the "WWYMD" fan club, meaning "What Would Yuri Melich Do?" One blogger was floored over how awesome Melich's work was after watching the interview Melich did with Casey Anthony's mother a couple of weeks after Casey's arrest.

Bloggers also asked about Melich's leg after seeing him on TV with a crutch. On September 20, he posted as "Dick Tracy Orlando" about how he had broken it in three places during training. He thanked them for their concern, writing, "Thank you for keeping Caylee on the forefront. We are all working for her."

Even so, the Anthony family's attorney, Mark NeJame, took issue with it and complained to the sheriff's office. Melich's bosses then told him to stop, concerned that his communications with bloggers would be portrayed as an endorsement of some of the other opinions they expressed against Casey.
OK, fine, he has to stop blogging. But I assume he can still come on here and at least READ the posts??
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Support Thread: Detective Yuri Melich seeker78 Caylee Anthony 2 years old 849 07-10-2011 10:04 AM
Fox News now directing it's readers to Websleuths! Patience Up to the Minute 49 10-20-2008 09:34 AM
Detective Melich flying to CA to meet with the Padilla's. Confirmed!!! Tricia Caylee Anthony 2 years old 474 09-22-2008 03:04 PM
Websleuths makes the news! Paradise Up to the Minute 26 01-17-2006 10:36 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:55 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!