Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Banned

Weekend Updates about the search

If this has been posted please delete or move - I haven't seen a thread set up for those WSR's who are at the search to log in and shed some light on how the search is going....will there be an official thread or maybe no thread because they won't be able to talk about the search? I don't know if there are certain rules regarding those volunteering about the search or not

I'd love to hear about how the search is going, etc. Anyone else?
Old 11-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Banned

Okay, I guess not
Old 11-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Banned

They won't be able to say if they've found Caylee or not. I remember hearing Tim say before that they notify LE, tests are done, then LE makes an announcement.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Former Member

But you can be guaranteed that if a body is found, the news will cover it. The coroner's wagon and LE will swarm the place, and it will be very hard to miss.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trac View Post
Okay, I guess not
LOL...I'm very eager to hear how it's going. I didn't post anything because I thought the thread would work better with no discussion, except from the WS searchers.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
If this has been posted please delete or move - I haven't seen a thread set up for those WSR's who are at the search to log in and shed some light on how the search is going....will there be an official thread or maybe no thread because they won't be able to talk about the search? I don't know if there are certain rules regarding those volunteering about the search or not

trac,
we may hear some general things from those who are searching but they can not give out details. They sign an agreement & that's for the good of the case. Imagine if a parent or relative found out their loved ones remains had been found via the news or post.

I also am looking forward to hearing as much as they are allowed to tell us.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:

I'd really love to hear how the searchers are doing. This is a tough search, and I admire them all so much. If they let us know they're ok, hot, cold, etc, it would be cool.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:37 PM
The love stays...forever in our hearts

Jumping in for trac, I think the intention was less about getting a jump on the news about a find and more about the conditions, the mood of the searchers, what kind of a turnout vs. what had been expected, local support, etc.

Would that be correct? Because that would be interesting to me as well since I am unable to be there in person.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Banned

I wasn't asking for details - or if they find a body - I know that the searchers can't give out that stuff - but they can come back here and report on how it's going, talk about how many people, what the search is like - for instance - something like this - 'we went out at 8AM this morning, it got hot today, we had our walking sticks and we were in a really heavily wooded area, .....etc.'

Know what I mean???
Old 11-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
But you can be guaranteed that if a body is found, the news will cover it. The coroner's wagon and LE will swarm the place, and it will be very hard to miss.
If a body is found we'll see such a rush of helicopters, press trucks all kinds of stuff - all they need to do is look for a tarp and police tape - I'm sure the news helicopters will be out in force this weekend looking for any trace of a find. It will be a circus when it happens - the news trucks will be camped out the Anthony's home and Baez's office and the jail just waiting for some kind of reaction

It will be nuts throughout Orlando this weekend - I begged my daughter and her friends to go volunteer for the search - heck none of them have school, work and they aren't doing anything this weekend - I looked on the map, the command center is only 10 min away from their apt!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:53 PM
always. SS~

I do know what you mean. It is nice they have a place to come and keep in touch. We can give them some much needed support while they are here.

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Curses! Foiled Again!

Quote:
I wasn't asking for details - or if they find a body - I know that the searchers can't give out that stuff - but they can come back here and report on how it's going, talk about how many people, what the search is like - for instance - something like this - 'we went out at 8AM this morning, it got hot today, we had our walking sticks and we were in a really heavily wooded area, .....etc.'

Know what I mean???
They probably will. Maybe a nice, sweet, lovely mod can make a sticky for it till the search is over.

<Did I do enough brownnosing? Should I offer some godiva chocolate??>
Old 11-07-2008, 06:59 PM
always. SS~

I didn't realize they already have a thread (actually two!) on sticky where people are checking in. Seems several have already arrived and more are leaving in the early morning.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...11#post2912511

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=73919&page=8

Here is a post about meeting in chat for some chat and prayer later this evening:

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Curses! Foiled Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
I didn't realize they already have a thread (actually two!) on sticky where people are checking in. Seems several have already arrived and more are leaving in the early morning.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...11#post2912511

Beat me to it!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
Jumping in for trac, I think the intention was less about getting a jump on the news about a find and more about the conditions, the mood of the searchers, what kind of a turnout vs. what had been expected, local support, etc.

Would that be correct? Because that would be interesting to me as well since I am unable to be there in person.
I agree, that would be very interesting. We all want to be there so bad & to hear about turn out etc would be awesome. Sorry if I mis understood
Closed Thread