Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Spotlight Forum > A CALL TO ACTION! Calif. DMH Illegally Releases 17,000 Sex Offenders

Notices

A CALL TO ACTION! Calif. DMH Illegally Releases 17,000 Sex Offenders The California Department of Mental Health IGNORED the law and set 17 thousand sex offenders out on the unsuspecting public. One of these beasts raped and killed a girl 4 days after being released. Please join us inside for more details.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:16 AM
I may not be Glenn Beck, but I am a thinker......

Exclamation "HARD CANDY" who has seen this movie?

My husband and I just randomly watched it last night on demand......I can't believe I have never heard anything about this movie.......It stars a younger Ellen Page as a fourteen year old who targets an internet pedophile for her own kind of "justice"......definitely twisted and disturbing but very interesting indeed
Old 11-09-2008, 06:38 PM

I've seen it. I didn't really like it at all. It was too twisted for me. But it was interesting nonetheless.

God gives. God takes. God's name be ever blessed. Job 1:21

Old 11-09-2008, 07:59 PM

Saw it long time ago thought it was awesome- I knew Ellen was bound for great things after that performance- I hope every pedophile rents it and ( by some miracle ) it scares them straight.... unlikely i know but I love those types of movies where those things you really wish would happen, do... ever the optimist I guess
The Following User Says Thank You to Socre8tv For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2008, 08:31 PM

I've seen the movie. I liked it so much that I bought the dvd (when it went on sale).

That was real payback. And I hope it makes the rounds of the dirty little movie houses where pervs go to watch their dirty little movies.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:04 PM

I have it on DVD.. I had just randomly came across it on HBO or cinemax one night.. and was rivoted to it.. It was very very INTENSE movie.. and very powerful.. Ellen Page was excellent in it.. I highly recommend this movie..
Old 11-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Scampii, My Cleaner Shrimp!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyCat08 View Post
My husband and I just randomly watched it last night on demand......I can't believe I have never heard anything about this movie.......It stars a younger Ellen Page as a fourteen year old who targets an internet pedophile for her own kind of "justice"......definitely twisted and disturbing but very interesting indeed

I have it on DVD, Just watched it a couple weeks ago, I was shocked!!!! It was a good movie tho!!!!!! I thought for sure SHE{Ellen Page } was going to be the victem!! Im so glad it was the other way around, and she did get the truth in the end!!
Old 11-11-2008, 03:52 PM
proud owner Kidmissing

i watched it after coming across it on the in demand I get with my movie channels. It was good and intense.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:11 AM

harsh but EXCELLENT movie. I bought it on Dvd. Ellen Page is golden; Hard Candy gave me faith that she was the right fit for playing Juno.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:28 PM

Awesome movie!!
Old 02-15-2009, 10:45 PM

Hard Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socre8tv View Post
Saw it long time ago thought it was awesome- I knew Ellen was bound for great things after that performance- I hope every pedophile rents it and ( by some miracle ) it scares them straight.... unlikely i know but I love those types of movies where those things you really wish would happen, do... ever the optimist I guess
Sickly enough, the guy who murdered Kelsey Smith cited it as one of his favorite movies...
Old 02-09-2010, 01:11 PM

I liked the Movie,it's where the Hunter became Hunted.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane

Great movie! Another great "pedophilia in a movie" is Kevin Bacon in "The Woodsman". Fantastic movie, IMO!

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2012610841

Last edited by OneLostGrl; 02-09-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Yo I'm a ninja!

I've seen it...that is one disturbing movie. Ellen Page is an amazing actress.

Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
Great movie! Another great "pedophilia in a movie" is Kevin Bacon in "The Woodsman". Fantastic movie, IMO!

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2012610841
oooh The Woodsman was so interesting. Hard Candy was great too!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Mostly Lurkin' ;)

Very intense... provoked alot of discussion... Have seen the Woodsman too with Kevin Bacon... Both disturbing and yet interesting.

Have any of you seen Little Children starring Kate Winslet... Pretty intense.... I recommend it.

PS... beware... some pretty graphic scenes and nudity of Kate winslet and a man.

Last edited by J. Brannagh; 02-09-2010 at 05:43 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J. Brannagh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Brannagh View Post
Very intense... provoked alot of discussion... Have seen the Woodsman too with Kevin Bacon... Both disturbing and yet interesting.

Have any of you seen Little Children starring Kate Winslet... Pretty intense.... I recommend it.

PS... beware... some pretty graphic scenes and nudity of Kate winslet and a man.
Put it on my "to watch" list! thanks!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Yo I'm a ninja!

The book Little Children is great, too. I read it before the movie came out, and yet still love the movie. Usually that doesn't happen, and it's super awesome when it does

The book was written by Tom Perotta, who also wrote "Election," which I have not read but I incredibly love that movie, too...Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick.

On a related note regarding movies and crimes, when Canadian serial killers Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka drugged and raped Karla's little sister (who died from that attack, btw), they watched the 1990 movie, "Lisa" while they waited for the drugs to take effect. That movie is about a girl who flirts with older guys and ends up attracting a serial killer. They also loved the 1988 movie "Criminal Law," and even changed their last name to "Teale," a misspelling/misunderstanding of the last name of the serial killer in "Criminal Law," played by...wait for it....Kevin Bacon!

Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

Last edited by flourish; 02-11-2010 at 12:03 AM. Reason: six degree reasons
The Following User Says Thank You to flourish For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flourish View Post
The book Little Children is great, too. I read it before the movie came out, and yet still love the movie. Usually that doesn't happen, and it's super awesome when it does

The book was written by Tom Perotta, who also wrote "Election," which I have not read but I incredibly love that movie, too...Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick.

On a related note regarding movies and crimes, when Canadian serial killers Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka drugged and raped Karla's little sister (who died from that attack, btw), they watched the 1990 movie, "Lisa" while they waited for the drugs to take effect. That movie is about a girl who flirts with older guys and ends up attracting a serial killer. They also loved the 1988 movie "Criminal Law," and even changed their last name to "Teale," a misspelling/misunderstanding of the last name of the serial killer in "Criminal Law," played by...wait for it....Kevin Bacon!
ohboy, I'm gonna have to check those out. Kevin Bacon plays some very thought provoking characters and I love that he and his wife are often in movies together.