Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 11-18-2008, 09:27 PM

Boy Dies, Father Found Shot In SUV, Madison WI

http://www.channel3000.com/news/18006526/detail.html

MADISON, Wis -- Madison police said that a boy died after he and his father were found shot in a parked sport utility vehicle on Madison's West Side Tuesday morning.

VIDEO: Watch The Report

Investigators said the 12-year-old boy died from his injuries. His father remained hospitalized Tuesday afternoon with wounds that police said were apparently self-inflicted.

"We found a young man who was seriously injured from a gunshot wound or wound, and his father was also wounded from what we believe was a self-inflicted wound," said Joel DeSpain, Madison Police Department spokesman.
<SNIP>

WHY, oh WHY do people have to take the children with them when they want to die??? Just off yourself! Let the kids live! And look, the "father" for lack of a better word, LIVES! Aghhh
Old 11-18-2008, 09:41 PM

OMG, people are losing their minds....
Old 11-19-2008, 06:48 PM

The father died today. Had custody of the child during the week. Mom on the weekends, she lives in Beloit, WI. Dad had money issues. So sad.Why take an innocent life, I'll never understand.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:21 PM

http://www.channel3000.com/news/18014034/detail.html

Coroner: Father Dies In Tree Lane Double Shooting

Father Died From Gunshot Wound

UPDATED: 5:01 pm CST November 19, 2008

MADISON, Wis. -- A Middleton father accused of fatally shooting his 12-year-old son before turning the gun himself has died of his wounds.
VIDEO: Watch The Report
Dane County Coroner John Stanley said that Ryan Dutter died at University of Wisconsin Hospital on Wednesday afternoon from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Dutter's son, Kyle, died from a gunshot wound on Tuesday, according to the coroner.
Kyle Dutter, who had developmental disabilities, and his father were found Tuesday morning in a black, 2006 Jeep near Haen Family Park and the Greenbriar Apartment Complex at High Point Road and Tree Lane on the city's West side. <SNIP>

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/34672584.html
<SNIPPED FOR SPACE>
12-year-old Kyle was new to the Middleton-Cross Plains school. These pictures come from website created for Kyle by this father. Police have not revealed why they believe Ryan Dutter killed his son and then himself. Police say an anonymous call to 911 sent officers to check the vehicle on Tree Lane on Madison's West Side. They're looking into the possibility Ryan Dutter called 911 himself. Reports indicate Kyle was autistic and had trouble communicating... but back at Glacier Creek, Keeler says he was adjusting to life in a new school.
"He was a sweet kid, making good progress here and making some good friends... "
And... impacting teachers and staff... who crossed his path. Keeler says extra staff were on hand for school Wednesday... to help the school deal with the loss.
<SNIP>

I wonder why little Kyle was living with dad during the week, and mother on the weekends. That seems backwards to me... what about anyone else? Traditionally (and I know this IS changing) mothers will have the children during the week and fathers have them for the stereotypical "every other weekend". Anyway, I hope that Kyle can Rest in Peace now, because he's in the arms of the angels.

His father, however, is a whole other story. IMO, he is exactly where he belongs.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:25 PM

wont be surprised to hear that there was an upcoming change in the custody arrangement or that a change was being pursued. maybe not, he could have just been desperate with his own financial situation and hurt his son to hurt his ex-wife.

i too wish these people would just take themselves out and leave everyone else alone...
Old 11-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Sociopaths are 4% of the general population; That's 1 in 25.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/34672584.html
<SNIPPED FOR SPACE>
12-year-old Kyle was new to the Middleton-Cross Plains school. These pictures come from website created for Kyle by this father. Police have not revealed why they believe Ryan Dutter killed his son and then himself. Police say an anonymous call to 911 sent officers to check the vehicle on Tree Lane on Madison's West Side. They're looking into the possibility Ryan Dutter called 911 himself. Reports indicate Kyle was autistic and had trouble communicating... but back at Glacier Creek, Keeler says he was adjusting to life in a new school.
"He was a sweet kid, making good progress here and making some good friends... "
And... impacting teachers and staff... who crossed his path. Keeler says extra staff were on hand for school Wednesday... to help the school deal with the loss.
<SNIP>

I wonder why little Kyle was living with dad during the week, and mother on the weekends. That seems backwards to me... what about anyone else? Traditionally (and I know this IS changing) mothers will have the children during the week and fathers have them for the stereotypical "every other weekend". Anyway, I hope that Kyle can Rest in Peace now, because he's in the arms of the angels.

I think it would be because of the quality of the schools in the Madison area.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:20 AM

Things have been changing over the years my husband also has custody of his 13 year old daughter and she lives with us & see's her mom on the weekends....just because you are a woman doesn't mean you are the better parent.

I am not sure what the case is in their situation, but maybe dad was the better one to care for him etc....I looked at the website he made for his son kyledutter.com and I was sad it looked like he cared so much.

It is so terroble that he took his sons own life...rest in peace Kyle.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:03 AM

I'll never understand why parents think it is better to take their kids with them when they decide to kill themselves. This boy had a mom that he could have lived with. He didn't have to kill him.