Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 11-23-2008, 12:54 PM
JusticeorJustUs's Avatar
JusticeorJustUs JusticeorJustUs is offline
Sometimes there's Justice. Sometimes there's just us.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sitting corrected in Tennessee. :D
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
I read that.........I think I will pass on teaching Casper to read the "manual" before he searches...........

***respectfully snipped***
ROFLMAO! OMG --- running for oxygen due to excessive laughing.

I'll clean the screen of diet pepsi momentarily.

I needed that. LOL


Read your last post, Turbo. I'm off to go in search of that. This I do have to read. ROFL!
__________________
If the Anthony's said "Good Morning" to me passing on the street I'd have to run home and go to bed because surely it would be night time.

Last edited by JusticeorJustUs; 11-23-2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: to add to post...
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-23-2008, 12:56 PM
CarolineJ's Avatar
CarolineJ CarolineJ is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
Washers in the garage are mainly in the older homes, pre 1970.
I lived there many years, our Laundry room was in the house since our house was built in the 80's.
I heard Cindy say in the FBI interview that they do not have a laundry room. The washer and dryer are in the garage.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Coley's Avatar
Coley Coley is offline
You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: War Eagle
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
No........you will get a laugh out of that............go read it.........it is not their logs, it is an actual manual they asked for.
That's what I was thinking too. B/C besides the "doggy manuals" he also asked for the logs. Right?
__________________
Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?


"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:04 PM
JusticeorJustUs's Avatar
JusticeorJustUs JusticeorJustUs is offline
Sometimes there's Justice. Sometimes there's just us.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sitting corrected in Tennessee. :D
Posts: 332
I'm looking for the link to that "motion" now. Read the posts to my son who is now howling laughing in his bedroom.

Must...
...find...
...that...
...link...

__________________
If the Anthony's said "Good Morning" to me passing on the street I'd have to run home and go to bed because surely it would be night time.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:06 PM
deerpack2003 deerpack2003 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 101
Two questions.

How long after a body is placed somewhere and moved will a cadaver dog pick up the scent?

Will cadaver dogs hit on fertilizer?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Pink Panther Pink Panther is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,556
It's incredible that she knew/knows nothing about cadaever dogs but she felt completely comfortable lying about their "inconsistent hits" when she did the Greta house tour!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:16 PM
TURBOTHINK TURBOTHINK is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerpack2003 View Post
Two questions.

How long after a body is placed somewhere will a cadaver dog pick up the scent?

Will cadaver dogs hit on fertilizer?

Thank you.
A well trained dog can hit where a body has been within minutes of death. Some perps have used lime and fertilizers to cover the areas in an attempt to throw off the dogs, but that is not very likely anymore. There are new ways we train them to overcome that.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Coley's Avatar
Coley Coley is offline
You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: War Eagle
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeorJustUs View Post
I'm looking for the link to that "motion" now. Read the posts to my son who is now howling laughing in his bedroom.

Must...
...find...
...that...
...link...

Here is the link to all 10 filed.

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photog...dexGallery.htm
__________________
Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?


"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:18 PM
TURBOTHINK TURBOTHINK is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
That's what I was thinking too. B/C besides the "doggy manuals" he also asked for the logs. Right?
Correct.............they are grasping at straws there.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:19 PM
chesterp chesterp is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Anne RN View Post
~~~ respectfully snipped ~~~

I don't believe a word that comes out of Cindy's mouth. The dogs did alert in the same places. And .... towards about the middle of this case, I read that the dogs alerted in Caylee's bedroom.
I remember how shocked I was when I read that.
And remember that afternoon LE was at the house and they blocked out the WINDOWS in the house. I do think they did luminol ? testing we have not received any reports on that so it is quite possible something was found in the house.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:21 PM
cuppy199's Avatar
cuppy199 cuppy199 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
No........you will get a laugh out of that............go read it.........it is not their logs, it is an actual manual they asked for.
LOL yea I had a laugh on that also Seems to me Baez doesnt want to pay for it he wants it given to him Those manual can be pretty expensive
__________________
"Please note - this is a message board, not a blog. Thank you"... Sincerely, Tricia Griffith and the Websleuths Family
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:22 PM
JusticeorJustUs's Avatar
JusticeorJustUs JusticeorJustUs is offline
Sometimes there's Justice. Sometimes there's just us.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sitting corrected in Tennessee. :D
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Bless you, Coley! Thank you so very much. Off to read!
__________________
If the Anthony's said "Good Morning" to me passing on the street I'd have to run home and go to bed because surely it would be night time.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:22 PM
deerpack2003 deerpack2003 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 101
Can a cadaver dog hit in a spots months after the body has been removed?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Coley's Avatar
Coley Coley is offline
You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: War Eagle
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerpack2003 View Post
Two questions.

How long after a body is placed somewhere and moved will a cadaver dog pick up the scent?

Will cadaver dogs hit on fertilizer?

Thank you.
IMO, they probably hit right away if there is decomp.

They would probably hit on fertilizer if they are trained to do that. Usually when a trained dog hits on fertilizer they are dogs that sniff out bombs and explosives. Mostly used in airport dogs.
__________________
Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?


"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Coley's Avatar
Coley Coley is offline
You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: War Eagle
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
Correct.............they are grasping at straws there.

Funny, you say that. My new name for Jose is Mr. Strawgrasper
__________________
Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?


"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Coley's Avatar
Coley Coley is offline
You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: War Eagle
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerpack2003 View Post
Can a cadaver dog hit in a spots months after the body has been removed?
I believe so. Decomp is very hard to get rid of. I'm sure there is a time frame but if there is still traces I'm sure it will.
__________________
Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?


"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Coley's Avatar
Coley Coley is offline
You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: War Eagle
Posts: 1,758
Here is a interesting article about cadaver dogs.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...es-835047.html

Snip:
In 2000, freelance dog handler Mick Swindells and his Border collie Shep, a trained human cadaver dog, were called to a 15-acre field near Nottingham to help locate the suspected grave of a murder victim. Shep signalled in one spot and the surrounding area was quickly dug, but nothing was found. Later that day, police returned with an informant, who identified the grave. Shep had been out by a metre.

It transpired that, in digging the grave, the murderer had put his spade through a field drain, causing volatile compounds from the decomposing cadaver to enter the drain. About a metre downhill of the cadaver, the drain was broken, preventing those compounds from dispersing further. The drain had, in effect, separated the body from its scent, and Shep had signalled the dislodged source of that scent – the breakage in the drain.

~~So would the pool, in the backyard of the A's, been the seperation point of where the dog hit and where Caylee could be buried?
__________________
Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?


"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:38 PM
kiki the parrot kiki the parrot is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver WA
Posts: 4,495
Kind of random here, but anybody remember discussion about the mysterious "depression" detectives found in the A's backyard--where something, that had been in one position on the ground, appeared to have been removed. IMO still seems likely it may have been either a paver used to weight Caylee's remains for submersion in water, or a poolside storage container of some sort into which Caylee's remains may have been placed.

This bothers me to no end, since of course we know we shouldn't hold our breath waiting for CA to report this (or any other items ie luggage, containers, bags, swimsuits, tarps, tools) or any other mysteriously "missing" items and since we also know CA and GA did some rearranging back there.

Back to topic at hand, is it just me or doesn't it seem obvious to anyone else that the reason the dogs hit on the backyard of the A home, near a swimming pool, is because that's in fact where Caylee expired?? Wow, I've heard some pretty convoluted stories on this forum theorizing KC's arrival, at her parents' home no less, with an already three-times (overdosed, battered, and chloroformed) murdered Caylee, specifically to further 'stage' a drowning, which of course nobody was ever allowed to witness, still an elaborate murder scheme for which she was evidently leaving nothing to chance, yet had to then bother a neighbor for a shovel to fish her out... then into the sandbox, under the sandbox, back in the pool, back into the trunk... all in a relentless attempt to explain away the obvious...

Unbelievable. JMO

Last edited by kiki the parrot; 11-23-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Coley's Avatar
Coley Coley is offline
You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: War Eagle
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki the parrot View Post
Kind of random here, but anybody remember discussion about the mysterious "impression" detectives found in the A's backyard--where something, that had been in one position on the ground, appeared to have been removed. IMO still seems likely it may have been either a paver used to weight Caylee's remains for submersion in water, or a poolside storage container of some sort into which Caylee's remains may have been placed.

This bothers me to no end, since of course we know we shouldn't hold our breath waiting for CA to report this (or any other items ie luggage, containers, bags, swimsuits, tarps, tools) or any other mysteriously "missing" items and since we also know CA and GA did some rearranging back there.

Back to topic at hand, is it just me or doesn't it seem obvious to anyone else that the reason the dogs hit on the backyard of the A home, near a swimming pool, is because that's in fact where Caylee expired?? Wow, I've heard some pretty convoluted stories on this forum theorizing KC's arrival, at her parents' home no less, with an already three-times (overdosed, battered, and chloroformed) murdered Caylee, specifically to further stage a drowning, which of course nobody was ever allowed to witness, a elaborate murder scheme for which she was evidently leaving nothing to chance yet had to then borrow a shovel to fish her out... then back in the sandbox, back under the sandbox, now back in the pool, now back in the trunk... all in their relentless attempts to explain away the obvious.

Unbelievable. JMO
Yes, I remember this. IIRC, the length of this impression was about the size of caylee's body. It was right beside the pool. IMO, KC tried to drown caylee after she died. It didn't work because the lungs wouldn't fill up with water. So then she buried her right beside the pool with the shovel. Then she dug her up and took her to her final resting place.

ETA: KC backed the car up into the garage during the time she borrowed the shovel which makes me believe that Caylee came from the trunk of the car. I believe Caylee died away from the A home possibly at someone else's house or in the trunk.
__________________
Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?


"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 11-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Coley's Avatar
Coley Coley is offline
You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: War Eagle
Posts: 1,758
I know this might sound funny, but I wished they could have put the dog in the water to see if it hit on anything. Also, to empty the pool and put the dog in there. You would think that if someone had died either in the pool or was stuck in the pool that the water or liner would have traces of decomp.

ETA: When the FBI came back with it's report where it listed the high levels of chloroform, I wonder if they tested the trunk for chlorine.
__________________
Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?


"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 11-23-2008, 02:06 PM
SuziQ SuziQ is offline
Semper Fi
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33,692
IIRC, the depression was from the bush that CA had GA move to another part of the yard. There is a side door to the A's garage, but it's in front of the backyard gate and visible from the street.

I'm leaning towards thinking the cadaver scents were from things transferred from the car. Either by Casey or by GA and CA when they got the car back, or both. Casey's clothes, throwing Caylee's toys in the sandbox and playhouse. The blue bin being brought into the house and the gas cans. And god knows whatever else. I think Caylee was in the trunk the entire time up until right before the car was abandoned. And it's entirely possible she was in the trunk when CA and GA picked the car up.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 11-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Coley's Avatar
Coley Coley is offline
You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: War Eagle
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
IIRC, the depression was from the bush that CA had GA move to another part of the yard. There is a side door to the A's garage, but it's in front of the backyard gate and visible from the street.

I'm leaning towards thinking the cadaver scents were from things transferred from the car. Either by Casey or by GA and CA when they got the car back, or both. Casey's clothes, throwing Caylee's toys in the sandbox and playhouse. The blue bin being brought into the house and the gas cans. And god knows whatever else. I think Caylee was in the trunk the entire time up until right before the car was abandoned. And it's entirely possible she was in the trunk when CA and GA picked the car up.
Bold by me:

Suzi, Do you think she was maybe underneath the carpet in the trunk?

By the way, very interesting point.
__________________
Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?


"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 11-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Friptzap's Avatar
Friptzap Friptzap is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marple View Post
Do we know for sure that the washer and dryer are in the house? In Florida, many homes have the washer/dryer in the garage.
They are in her garage, she said so in the interview. Her freezer is out there with the washer and dryer because "we don't have a laudry room" or something like that.
__________________
Dr. Bob Kelso: "Nothing in this world worth having comes easy"
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 11-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Friptzap's Avatar
Friptzap Friptzap is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
We have rented new homes in Orlando for vacation and they have all had W/D in the garage. I found that inconvenient. Maybe they have gone back to putting them in the garages.
both always been both always will be both, depends on the house.
__________________
Dr. Bob Kelso: "Nothing in this world worth having comes easy"
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 11-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Coley's Avatar
Coley Coley is offline
You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: War Eagle
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friptzap View Post
They are in her garage, she said so in the interview. Her freezer is out there with the washer and dryer because "we don't have a laudry room" or something like that.
Gosh, she lies about a lot of stuff. I hope she isn't lying about this.
__________________
Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?


"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cadaver dogs, decomposition, gerus

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cadaver And Tracking Dogs SeriouslySearching Annie Le 1 09-16-2009 03:47 PM
Cadaver Dogs in search? passionflower Sandra Cantu 8 04-11-2009 05:59 AM
cadaver dogs and scents docwho3 Madeleine McCann 2 04-04-2009 04:31 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:01 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!