Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:42 PM
ev1214 ev1214 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 41
Observations from attending Sunday, 11/30/08 Vigil

Hello Everyone:
This is my first time starting a thread so please forgive me if I make any errors in doing this!

Also, everything I have written in just my personal opinion on the take of the vigil.

I have been reading Websleuths daily ever since Caylee Anthony was reported missing. I just wanted to say first off how impressed I am by everyone's respect and comments amongst everyone.

I thought it may be interesting to provide my observations of this vigil, which I attended.

1. I was expecting a substanial amount of people to be at the church. I would say that there may have been 40 people at this vigil. Considering the media release of this vigil it was a very bleak turnout.

2. The people that did attend appear to be the very small amount of supporters that the Anthony's have. This is unfortunate because I would have expected people to attend to be there and pray for Caylee's safe return regardless of how the return will be.

3. Regardless of the critique of Cindy's actions at the heart of this is a grandmother and essentially a "second mother" starting to come to grips with the gravity of this situation. She was slumped over the entire time. She looked frail, she looked 100% different then the way she looked only 2 months ago.

4. George looked also very sad expect showing less emotion because it appears he has to stay strong for Cindy. He did rub her back for comfort.

5. I am entirely unimpressed with their spokeswoman. What she said in my opinion was not well thought out, did not make much sense, and frankly she came across as a complete amateur. It didn't feel heartfelt. It was not moving. It came across as she was promoting herself more than anything else. I am saddened that this is the person "officially" representing Caylee right now.

6. The end of the vigil had a beautiful video that showed many pictures of Caylee set to a beautiful Christian Song. This was the most moving part of the entire Vigil.

7. It did not appear that much thought was put into this vigil. They had two posters, which were on the floor standing up. I would of hopped thta maybe there could of been something on the altar symbolizing Caylee. Perhaps a toy perhaps a couple of pink roses.

8. Lastly, it felt very "raw" to be so close to the Anthony's. You can see that the suffering and reality of this all is starting to set in. You can see them breaking down. It was very painful to see.

Lastly, not related to the vigil specifically, but just a comment from a local's perspective....
Orlando is a town full of many famous sportstars from Tiger Woods to Horace Grant. Additionally, there is a lot of money from people who have developed orange groves, etc.

It has always surprised me that not one of them has put forth a large reward or done something towards this case. I believe the reason they haven't is for the same exact reason why less than 50 people showed up. Noone wants to be connected to this family and no one believes them.

I truly hope something happens to make Casey Anthony confess. So that closure can be brought forth to the grandparents.

If anyone has any specific questions about this vigil feel free to ask me. I thought it would be helpful to provide my eyes and ears!

Sincerely,
Elizabeth
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Janis396's Avatar
Janis396 Janis396 is offline
It's getting dark, too dark to see....
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The city of rain and coffee....
Posts: 2,305
Did Cindy get up and speak about Caylee? Was Lee there?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:50 PM
dreamerlin's Avatar
dreamerlin dreamerlin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 379
Thank you so much for your insightful and comprehensive post. I sincerely hope that the Anthony's can begin their closure soon.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:51 PM
ev1214 ev1214 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 41
Hi Janis396,

I arrived about 10 minutes late from the time I got there to the end of the vigil Cindy did not speak. I would be surprised if she spoke during the first 10 minutes because when I arrived she was vividly hunched over and grieving or praying. I could only see her from the back. For a moment, I thought George was going to get up and speak but instead he moved the microphone and a candle.

There was a person that could maybe of been Lee sitting in the front row, but I never saw his actual face. The guy was wearing a baseball hat...if my memory serves me correctly. I cannot confirm whether it was him or not.

Please let me know if anyone else has any questions.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:52 PM
mountaintime's Avatar
mountaintime mountaintime is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 125
Thanks, ev....
That was sensitively observed and written.
The insights are very much appreciated...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:52 PM
ev1214 ev1214 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 41
No problem! I have actually been a little intimidated to post on this site because I thought I would do something wrong. I probably spend about 1 to 2 hours a day on this site...at least!

Lastly, I would really have no problem attending any local events to share my opinions with WebSleuths.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:53 PM
shelbar53 shelbar53 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pa, Macungie
Posts: 600
Thank you for posting your observations. I have a few questions.
#1. was the media there?
#2. did they seem surprised there was such a poor turnout?
#3. did you chat with anyone there? if so, was the general consenus caylee is dead? Or wasnt that discussed?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Janis396's Avatar
Janis396 Janis396 is offline
It's getting dark, too dark to see....
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The city of rain and coffee....
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev1214 View Post
Hi Janis396,

I arrived about 10 minutes late from the time I got there to the end of the vigil Cindy did not speak. I would be surprised if she spoke during the first 10 minutes because when I arrived she was vividly hunched over and grieving or praying. I could only see her from the back. For a moment, I thought George was going to get up and speak but instead he moved the microphone and a candle.

There was a person that could maybe of been Lee sitting in the front row, but I never saw his actual face. The guy was wearing a baseball hat...if my memory serves me correctly. I cannot confirm whether it was him or not.

Please let me know if anyone else has any questions.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth,
It would have been nice to hear that Cindy or George spoke about Caylee instead of the "spokesperson" they have now. She never knew Caylee and really it should have been someone who loves her. But, as Cindy says, it is what it is.
Thanks for sharing your perspective on it
Janis
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:55 PM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev1214 View Post
No problem! I have actually been a little intimidated to post on this site because I thought I would do something wrong. I probably spend about 1 to 2 hours a day on this site...at least!

Lastly, I would really have no problem attending any local events to share my opinions with WebSleuths.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth
Thanks for posting and please don't be intimidated.Looks like you can hold your own and we appreciate your insight.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Meagain's Avatar
Meagain Meagain is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,292
What would the people donate to? Finding the body? Most everyone knows she's dead. What are they supposed to do?
__________________
~ If you talk to God, you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic...... House MD ~
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Meagain's Avatar
Meagain Meagain is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,292
I'm actually surprised 40 people showed up. I would've thought it would be far less. ?
__________________
~ If you talk to God, you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic...... House MD ~
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:58 PM
jandkmom's Avatar
jandkmom jandkmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,040
Someone had a cap on inside the church?

Did anyone else speak besides the spokesperson?

Did anyone pray for Caylees return, or for KC?

Did people seem to be there for curiosity, or were they praying for Caylee?

Thanks for answering our question.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Oakley Oakley is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,022
Hello Elizabeth:

Thank you for being the eyes and ears for those of us who couldn't attend. I, for one, would love to hear first hand "reporting" from any local events. Look forward to hearing more from you!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:05 PM
EmMomma's Avatar
EmMomma EmMomma is offline
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,039
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I wanted to go to the vigil while I was in Orlando for the search, but the location was "undisclosed". I am not surprised to hear of C's appearance, she looks more and more run down each time I see her on TV. As for the spokeswoman...she doesn't impress me, either.
I think it is sad, though, that comments about Caylee were made by a person who never even knew her.
__________________
"Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Capri's Avatar
Capri Capri is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,852
Just wondering if anyone other than the spokeswoman spoke?

Also, you didn't by any chance see who was sitting next to the guy with the ball cap did you? Any brown-haired female who looked pregnant?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Angelinfl Angelinfl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev1214 View Post
Hello Everyone:
This is my first time starting a thread so please forgive me if I make any errors in doing this!

Also, everything I have written in just my personal opinion on the take of the vigil.

I have been reading Websleuths daily ever since Caylee Anthony was reported missing. I just wanted to say first off how impressed I am by everyone's respect and comments amongst everyone.

I thought it may be interesting to provide my observations of this vigil, which I attended.

1. I was expecting a substanial amount of people to be at the church. I would say that there may have been 40 people at this vigil. Considering the media release of this vigil it was a very bleak turnout.

2. The people that did attend appear to be the very small amount of supporters that the Anthony's have. This is unfortunate because I would have expected people to attend to be there and pray for Caylee's safe return regardless of how the return will be.

3. Regardless of the critique of Cindy's actions at the heart of this is a grandmother and essentially a "second mother" starting to come to grips with the gravity of this situation. She was slumped over the entire time. She looked frail, she looked 100% different then the way she looked only 2 months ago.

4. George looked also very sad expect showing less emotion because it appears he has to stay strong for Cindy. He did rub her back for comfort.

5. I am entirely unimpressed with their spokeswoman. What she said in my opinion was not well thought out, did not make much sense, and frankly she came across as a complete amateur. It didn't feel heartfelt. It was not moving. It came across as she was promoting herself more than anything else. I am saddened that this is the person "officially" representing Caylee right now.

6. The end of the vigil had a beautiful video that showed many pictures of Caylee set to a beautiful Christian Song. This was the most moving part of the entire Vigil.

7. It did not appear that much thought was put into this vigil. They had two posters, which were on the floor standing up. I would of hopped thta maybe there could of been something on the altar symbolizing Caylee. Perhaps a toy perhaps a couple of pink roses.

8. Lastly, it felt very "raw" to be so close to the Anthony's. You can see that the suffering and reality of this all is starting to set in. You can see them breaking down. It was very painful to see.

Lastly, not related to the vigil specifically, but just a comment from a local's perspective....
Orlando is a town full of many famous sportstars from Tiger Woods to Horace Grant. Additionally, there is a lot of money from people who have developed orange groves, etc.

It has always surprised me that not one of them has put forth a large reward or done something towards this case. I believe the reason they haven't is for the same exact reason why less than 50 people showed up. Noone wants to be connected to this family and no one believes them.

I truly hope something happens to make Casey Anthony confess. So that closure can be brought forth to the grandparents.

If anyone has any specific questions about this vigil feel free to ask me. I thought it would be helpful to provide my eyes and ears!


Sincerely,
Elizabeth
I think you did great in your first post in this thread!!! I think Cindy should be on a suicide watch... she has to feel pressures from BOTH sides. The fact her daughter did it and the fact she lost a grandaughter as well as a daughter. They need to come right to this situation one way or the other!

I am sure inspite of the media there was a small turn out because so far the evidence released and the document drops are very damning. All of us need closure in one form or another on this case.

Not once have we seen a Please Bring her back no questions asked. Their FBI interviews tell me they know the truth.

George as a former law enforcement guy should have called 911 when they picked up the Sunbird Pontiac at the towing yard because of the smell of death and the fact they had not seen their daughter or their grandaughter in a while. George and Cindy both knew the smell of death. Just not calling 911 when the car smelled so bad I don't get unless it was a cover-up perhaps that they concocted. I'm not sure. But I know if it was me I would have called 911 the minute I smelled the car in the tow yard coupled with the fact of they were "missing"

Thanks for your great post!

ANGELINFL
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:09 PM
ev1214 ev1214 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbar53 View Post
Thank you for posting your observations. I have a few questions.
#1. was the media there?
#2. did they seem surprised there was such a poor turnout?
#3. did you chat with anyone there? if so, was the general consenus caylee is dead? Or wasnt that discussed?
Hi Shelbar53,

In response to your questions you listed out:
1. Yes, the media was there. I only saw two media trucks. One was from Fox News and the other was from Channel 6 news. Channel 6 news in my opinion is inferior to Channel 7news. There were two camera men in the church and I only saw one actual reporter in the back with a notepad. There was another woman who may have been a reporter, but I wasen't sure since I didn't see a notepad.

2. I am sure the Anthony's were not surprised by the turnout because I sensed it was mostly the same people that always support them. I have no idea if the the media was surprised or not. Given that they only had two camera people from two seperate stations I doubt they were that surprised.

3. No I didn't chat with anyone because I was 10 minutes late and literally the first person to leave the church. I didn't want to be shown on the local news! They did a part during the vigil where everyone was invited to pray around the Anthony's and hug. I didn't get up because I felt like my praying for Caylee could be done from the pew I was sitting in.

My sense is that the "big elephant" in the church is the reality that it is highly likely the Anthony's own flesh and blood is responsible for the reason why this vigil took place. That being said it was never alluded to that she is dead. I believe that the few people in that room are huge supporters of Cindy and George and in essence are enabling them to continue being in denial. I had no desire to talk to anyone in that room.
Personally, the whole thing felt very wierd to me...even down to the church that was chosen.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:12 PM
EmMomma's Avatar
EmMomma EmMomma is offline
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,039
I do have a question.
Were KFN representatives there, other than MB?
__________________
"Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:12 PM
cyberborg's Avatar
cyberborg cyberborg is offline
Seeking Justice for Victims
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Liverpool Branch
Posts: 5,280
Thanks for this. WS Local reporting ;-)
__________________
Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



Justice for Caylee
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:12 PM
whittymom4's Avatar
whittymom4 whittymom4 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North East Iowa
Posts: 418
Thank you for sharing Elizabeth. No matter what anyone feels about KC, it must have been hard to be in the same area with the A's and see their pain. I wish someone from that family (extended family or friends) could go see KC and tell her what she is doing to her family. It is so sad to see CA and GA finally giving up and accepting the fact that Caylee is gone. Thanks again for sharing, please keep posting for us WS's who are far from Orlando.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:15 PM
ev1214 ev1214 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagain View Post
I'm actually surprised 40 people showed up. I would've thought it would be far less. ?
Hi Meagain,

I would have expected more people because there are multiple reasons why someone might attend such as: national exposure of the time and place of this vigil, pure curiosity, attending to just pray and be there to support Caylee, or attending to just support Cindy and Anthony. Regardless of them being in denial think of all the coworkers they have and other people that might now them. You would think these people would go just so they could collectively say a prayer for them and Caylee on a Sunday evening.

Now, with that said I wouldn't be surprised if people just got turned around heading to this church. The church was almost in a neighborhood down a road not well lite. It was not inviting at all to go to this church.

Just my personal thoughts!
Sincerely,
EV1214
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:16 PM
yosande's Avatar
yosande yosande is offline
...
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,909
Elizabeth,
Thanks for the insight and especially for portraying the Anthonys as the grieving grandparents that they are. I find it very refreshing indeed. My heart goes out to them and I would have gone to support them if I lived in the area. They need all the love and acceptance they can get right now. My heart breaks for their loss. I have never in my life seen victims so beaten up as these people have been. People have been incredibly cruel.
Again, thanks for the insight.
Sandy
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:17 PM
fay's Avatar
fay fay is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Palm Beach Florida
Posts: 409
You said the spokesperson spoke, what did she say? Was this a religious event with a sermon, what goes on at a vigil. I'm sorry to be asking these stupid questions, but I've never been to one.
I can't believe they would have a spokesperson speak at a vigil. How impersonal and contrived. Isn't this the fool who had the brilliant idea for a meet and greet?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:24 PM
JWG's Avatar
JWG JWG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northeastern US
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev1214 View Post
8. Lastly, it felt very "raw" to be so close to the Anthony's. You can see that the suffering and reality of this all is starting to set in. You can see them breaking down. It was very painful to see.
Grieving is a multi-step process, and the first step is denial. This is often the ugliest step. We have seen that with the Anthony's. Regardless of what they have done or have been perceived to have done, my heart still goes out to them.
__________________
Smile
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Gram2 Gram2 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 348
As angry as I get at the Grandparents, I can't help but be heartbroken for them. I worry about Cindy, she looks awful. People should go to the vigil, no matter what they believe, just to pray for Caylee and maybe the family. Prayer helps.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vigil Tonight - Sunday, September 7, 2008? HappyChic727 Caylee Anthony 2 years old 6 09-07-2008 04:27 PM
a few observations Kimmer Caylee Anthony 2 years old 12 08-05-2008 08:47 PM
Observations of a newby Leve JonBenet Ramsey 51 09-21-2005 02:23 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!