Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #301  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:01 AM
SeriouslySearching's Avatar
SeriouslySearching SeriouslySearching is offline
always. SS~
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 33,430
While I really don't give a rip if she was hacked or not, I hope the details of those letters were such that the FBI have new information about the A fam dealings in them. There is a reason the hacker sent them to WFTV and I would like to know what exactly was contained in the letters. I take it the email about the hairbrush details were not part of the 4 letters sent later because KB was asked not to use them by the FBI and she complied with their request.
__________________
"WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



What I post are my opinions only.
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:04 AM
lastchance's Avatar
lastchance lastchance is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate Dad View Post
Oh NOOOO.. Here we go again!!!!
KarateDad, I just love your Squirrelly sense of humor!! BTW, I noticed that GA was driving around town with the billboard on Thanksgiving Day, and CA said that they were out of town for the holiday. Where? Could she have been in "Ocala" where these "bogus" emails came from? Plus, can't they ever get their stories straight?
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Pollywog's Avatar
Pollywog Pollywog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 706
It is very easy to hide your IP. I have a program that hides mine when I deal with the Ex-in laws. Simply because I do not want them anywhere near us and especially not showing up on my door step. I think the last time I checked my hidden IP it was from New Mexico, which suits me just fine.

I really don't think it would hide it so close to their real IP address though. I think it randomly puts it in a different state and even a different country at times. Now I guess even with this program if LE really wanted the info they could get the correct IP location.
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Valrico Analyzer's Avatar
Valrico Analyzer Valrico Analyzer is offline
Semper Fi, do or die!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: B&R DuPage Co., Il..now living 50 mi from Orlando
Posts: 428
LE/FBI needs to take a formal, written complaint/statement by CA. If she gives one, and they find out theres a lie, she gets charged with filing a false report. If they find it was LA or GA (or someone else she wants to later protect) it further turns them against each other--another win for LE.

I think KB sent them to FBI i/o OCSO because FBI has many more resources to investigate electronic data than OCSO. But trust me, they're sharing the info!!
__________________
---------------------------------------------------
Avatar: What else can be said after they name the "NFL Man of The Year Award" after him?

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day."-Abraham Lincoln

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." -Vince Lombardi
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Dr. Pennypacker Dr. Pennypacker is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedthan Johns View Post
Kathi text messaged Cindy right away and forwarded the emails to the FBI, which is already investigating an allegation that Cindy gave investigators the wrong hairbrush when they were trying to get a DNA sample for Caylee.

Interesting. The FBI is already investigating an allegation that Cindy handed over the wrong hairbrush when trying to get a DNA sample for Caylee.

Hmmmm..... now why would she do that? Who is Cindy trying to protect here, and just who is Caylee's father? Could Casey's allegations of sexual abuse be true???
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Lanie's Avatar
Lanie Lanie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
>Respectfully snipped<
If this is an Anthony scam, they better tell it now, because they will get some serious time over trying to perpetrate a fraud like that.
Bolded by me.
Yeah, I can see that happening. Thanks for the giggle!
Lanie
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:38 AM
MiraclesHappen's Avatar
MiraclesHappen MiraclesHappen is offline
RIP CAYLEE MARIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
If that is the case, there will be a LOT of arrests in the future. He was warned not once but twice about the rules and he even had to go to the judge to get permission to take it in there with her.

Another thing is if there are emails talking about how she "fooled" LE, she is toast after this trial.
Hi, Just catching up here so this might be duplicate info.

Anyway, If I recall, that motion by Baez became moot before it was heard.
The jail had changed its rules to allow all the attys to bring in laptops as of 12/1. This happened while the motion was still pending.

Thus, it was not a victory for JB.

I had the feeling there was a possibility he should have known that the rules had changed, but either way, there was no need to hear that motion.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Valrico Analyzer's Avatar
Valrico Analyzer Valrico Analyzer is offline
Semper Fi, do or die!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: B&R DuPage Co., Il..now living 50 mi from Orlando
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclesHappen View Post
Hi, Just catching up here so this might be duplicate info.

Anyway, If I recall, that motion by Baez became moot before it was heard.
The jail had changed its rules to allow all the attys to bring in laptops as of 12/1. This happened while the motion was still pending.

Thus, it was not a victory for JB.

I had the feeling there was a possibility he should have known that the rules had changed, but either way, there was no need to hear that motion.
Laptops and the information in them are client/atty priviledged. Therefore, IF the "A"'s are sending messages, its as a word doc (no wifi) that he opens and lets her read. I doubt she verbalizes her responses as there are guards. She cant hand him paper because they check..unless she writes things down and he puts it in his laptop rite there. I have to believe the flow is from the "A"'s to her..one way..and that is doubtful because LE has successfully pounding the wedge into their relationship.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------
Avatar: What else can be said after they name the "NFL Man of The Year Award" after him?

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day."-Abraham Lincoln

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." -Vince Lombardi
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:52 AM
SeriouslySearching's Avatar
SeriouslySearching SeriouslySearching is offline
always. SS~
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 33,430
MH, You are correct. He was circumvented by the jail changing their rules on allowing laptops into the unit.

There is nothing stated about if the prisoners can have access to those laptops that I have found yet. Any idea?
__________________
"WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



What I post are my opinions only.
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:59 AM
SeriouslySearching's Avatar
SeriouslySearching SeriouslySearching is offline
always. SS~
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 33,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrico Analyzer View Post
Laptops and the information in them are client/atty priviledged. Therefore, IF the "A"'s are sending messages, its as a word doc (no wifi) that he opens and lets her read. I doubt she verbalizes her responses as there are guards. She cant hand him paper because they check..unless she writes things down and he puts it in his laptop rite there. I have to believe the flow is from the "A"'s to her..one way..and that is doubtful because LE has successfully pounding the wedge into their relationship.
It is my understanding that any correspondence given to her attorney is privileged. If she wrote something on a piece of paper and gave it to the attorney...it is under that privilege and cannot be accessed by anyone. The attorney can also deliver sealed letters (which if not sealed would break the privilege) to her family and visa versa which is how I believe they are communicating now.
__________________
"WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



What I post are my opinions only.
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:00 AM
ariesgodofwar ariesgodofwar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 81
All this talk of just masking an IP, anyone with computer forensic knowledge knows that an e-mail contains much more. It contains a complete electronic trail of what servers it was routed through from sender to receipt. That will give you a good idea of geographic area. It is not as simple to hide as just using a proxy when e-mail is involved.
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:06 AM
TxLady2's Avatar
TxLady2 TxLady2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiositycat View Post
I am not trying to be snarky, so please don't take any offense, but in a high profile case like this anyone should be wise enough to not keep an email address that lots and lots of folks could have access too. This is an evil world and some people would knife their own mother in the back to get to the bottom of this. Not everyone plays by the rules and it's unfortunate...
Having said that I still don't believe anyone hacked her computer. I believe it's more spin make to keep the "conspiracy/reasonable doubt" theory going that someone is out to get them..the same person they say they believe has Caylee. JMO

I agree with what you said in the first paragraph... in this day and age, with computers, cell phones, and all the new technology out there.... the only safe way to tell someone something you don't want known to everyone else is to speak to them in person... and make sure they aren't wearing a wire!!
I don't know if her email was hacked or not, but I do know that it is pretty easy to do, and doesn't take a real hacker to do it.
Wow! I wonder what was in these emails??
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:11 AM
shelbar53 shelbar53 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pa, Macungie
Posts: 600
Do you think Kathy made copies of the emails before she sent them to the FBI?

It would be interesting to see if cindy was on her email during the weekend, because if she was hacked, she wouldnt be able to get on.

I do believe cindy is on alot of meds, I know the sleeping pill ambien can cause an amnesia type effect and cindy might not have even remembered if she sent those emails by accident or not by accident but just a medication type effect.

If the emails have any type of evidence aganist casey, can the FBI use them in building their case or can they share with the local LE or prosecution team?
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:15 AM
SeriouslySearching's Avatar
SeriouslySearching SeriouslySearching is offline
always. SS~
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 33,430
She stated she could not access her email over the weekend.
__________________
"WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



What I post are my opinions only.
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Lanie's Avatar
Lanie Lanie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbar53 View Post
Do you think Kathy made copies of the emails before she sent them to the FBI?

It would be interesting to see if cindy was on her email during the weekend, because if she was hacked, she wouldnt be able to get on.

I do believe cindy is on alot of meds, I know the sleeping pill ambien can cause an amnesia type effect and cindy might not have even remembered if she sent those emails by accident or not by accident but just a medication type effect.

If the emails have any type of evidence aganist casey, can the FBI use them in building their case or can they share with the local LE or prosecution team?
I'm not an attorney, but this is my understanding of admissable evidence.
If LE comes into possession of evidence, they can use it, unless LE obtains it illegally. LE can't hack into someone's computer without a warrant, but if someone else does, and that evidence is given to LE, LE has not obtained it illegally, so they can use it. LE is only responsible for what they personally do, and the only way they wouldn't be able to use this evidence, if it is indeed evidence, is if it can be proven LE solicited the hack.
Lanie
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:27 AM
mom2chloe mom2chloe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
It is my understanding that any correspondence given to her attorney is privileged. If she wrote something on a piece of paper and gave it to the attorney...it is under that privilege and cannot be accessed by anyone. The attorney can also deliver sealed letters (which if not sealed would break the privilege) to her family and visa versa which is how I believe they are communicating now.

Think the As are hoping old Santa brings them an industrial size shredder for Christmas? Surely they wouldn't be naive, stupid or assinine enough to file said unsealed letters in one of those binders.
__________________
Justice for Caylee!
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:28 AM
shelbar53 shelbar53 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pa, Macungie
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
She stated she could not access her email over the weekend.
But was that true?
The emails were sent friday and Kathy notified cindy right away.{which would of been friday}
cindy said she was locked out of her computer over the weekend.
But If she was notified on Friday...why didnt she check her email account immediately on friday.
Something doesnt make sense here. When did cindy notify Yahoo?

http://www.wftv.com/news/18181289/detail.html

Kathi Belch received four of them on Friday. One of the emails involved the Caylee hairbrush story Eyewitness News broke last week. It seemed odd that Cindy would send Kathi such apparently personal and sensitive information.

Kathi text messaged Cindy right away and forwarded the emails to the FBI, which is already investigating an allegation that Cindy gave investigators the wrong hairbrush when they were trying to get a DNA sample for Caylee.

Cindy told Kathi she had not sent any emails and Monday said she had been locked out of her account over the weekend and said Yahoo found someone in Ocala who might have gotten in.
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:29 AM
DianeB DianeB is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbar53 View Post
Do you think Kathy made copies of the emails before she sent them to the FBI?
She wouldn't have to. They're in her email inbox, and if she forwarded them they'd also be in her 'sent' folder.
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Maya Love's Avatar
Maya Love Maya Love is offline
I've been warped by the rain, driven by the snow
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DMV
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeB View Post
She wouldn't have to. They're in her email inbox, and if she forwarded them they'd also be in her 'sent' folder.
I don't save my sent copies, it's an option.
__________________
When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there. - George Harrison
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:40 AM
MiraclesHappen's Avatar
MiraclesHappen MiraclesHappen is offline
RIP CAYLEE MARIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocowiley View Post
several other people have already replied and corrected me, i misspoke..what is your point, other than to be snarky?


I cannot imagine how to read Themis's post as anything other than a succinct attempt to enlighten us on the law which is pertinent to the given situation.

Sadly, for I do so enjoy the masterful use of emoticons, Themis does not always have the spare moments which are needed to create the type of emoticon masterpiece we have seen in the past.

That said,
We have grown accustomed to having people like Themis, who obviously has a superior, well-versed, and seasoned command of the law, answer our legal questions and provide insights into the inner workings of the criminal trial world, when things become confusing, abstruse, and legally technical.
It is not as if we have our Themis on retainer. This poster is sharing valuable legal expertise in exchange for the good feelings of helping out fellow posters here.
There is no haughtiness, no superior tone, and no attempt to portray anything other than a clearer understanding, based on real legal and real trial experience, for those who are reading here and are curious to learn more.
This willingness to share the knowledge that comes with experience and intelligence is a breath of fresh air.
Themis would be among the first to say that we all have our areas of expertise. Those with trial expertise happen to be needed at this juncture. It is not a symbol or sign of superiority; It is merely a good fit.

I know in my heart that the post was meant to help out and to move things away from a subject that assumes legal impossibilities, and could potentially waste the valuable time, efforts, teamwork, and thoughts of fellow websleuthers.
I am thankful we have volunteers like Themis who are willing to alert us to what kinds of things are not allowed for by the law and are forbidden by the rules of procedure.
The approach I've seen has always emanated from a stance suggesting: "We are all in this together." It is in direct opposition to self-importance and there is never a thank you requested or needed!
Thanks for always being there for us, Themis.
You really are appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #321  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Lanie's Avatar
Lanie Lanie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Love View Post
I don't save my sent copies, it's an option.
Yeah, but it's not like it is a hard copy that when you send it, it is gone. Reporter forwarded it, so what she originally received she still has.
As far as that goes, if this is something we really want to hash out, she probably wrote a little note to FBI and added the emails as attachments, but she is a reporter, so JIMHO, of course she still has them.
Lanie
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Janis396's Avatar
Janis396 Janis396 is offline
It's getting dark, too dark to see....
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The city of rain and coffee....
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinSTAR View Post
okay this just came to me.
This stuck out in my head that CINDY stated she was hacked when they werent even home during thanksgiving weekend.

a.) You can get hacked into while you are on the computer. It's not a physical "breaking in"
b.) I'm sure Cindy knows this but still felt compelled to say that she wasn't home, like she throws in too many details to cover up the bigger picture. ie. 12 minute interview to say nothing about a brush.
c.) Where was Cindy? Was she visiting her mother? Now this is simply speculation but do you think she signed on at her mothers house for Thanksgiving and later her mother read the emails and felt she had to send them to SOMEBODY anybody because of what was said in them?

I dunno... this is just my way too early morning reasoning....imo
After reading those emails from her mother in the doc dump last week, I highly doubt Cindy's mom invited her and George over for Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Lanie's Avatar
Lanie Lanie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclesHappen View Post
I cannot imagine how to read Themis's post as anything other than a succinct attempt to enlighten us on the law which is pertinent to the given situation. >Respectfully snipped<
I would like to add to this beautifully written post.
Just yesterday, I posted a 'correction' to someone. I was multi-tasking, and thought this was the end of the thread. When my response came up, I realized there were still several pages to go. I immediately felt bad, as I was sure others had already 'corrected' and it would look like I was just rubbing it in, which was not the case at all. This forum is great, but it has it's limitations, and sometimes it appears people are being snarky when they really aren't, though some people do get snarky at times.
FYI, my definition of 'correction' is about posts that are misinformation, like someone read something wrong, not if someone has a differing opinion to my own.
Lanie
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 AM
DianeB DianeB is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Love View Post
I don't save my sent copies, it's an option.
Yeah, but she's a reporter. I would be shocked if she didn't save her sent mail for reference.
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:56 AM
SuziQ SuziQ is offline
Semper Fi
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotsEyes View Post
I am so confused. Didn't LG, himself, send the "hair brush" e-mail directly to a WFTV reporter and she released it, in all it's glory? It seems there were 4 e-mails in total, but she sent the remaining three straight to the FBI without releasing any information about them? Do I have this right yet?

First, CA has to be mentally challenged to use her computer at all. Does she think they have stopped investigating Caylee's murder just because KC was indicted? Some people are just stupid and there ain't no cure for that. And it's a good thing

"If you want a friend, get a dog." No truer words were ever spoken.

Now why would WFTV send these emails to the FBI instead of OSCO? That is one I would like to know. If someone can help me figure this out, we may be able to tell what kinds of information would be in the emails. The FBI is not "in charge" of this investigation, OSCO is. She went straight to the Feds. Why? What am I missing?
Great question. Kathi B also sent the hairbrush email to the Feds instead of OCSO. OCSO was responsible for collecting evidence and this case belongs to them. The Feds and their labs are merely acting as support in this case. Makes you wonder if OCSO is working on KC's crimes and the Feds are working on the A's.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cindy anthony's account, cybercrime, e-mail hacking

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amazon account Hacked ihadcabinfever Crimes in the News 13 12-31-2006 10:26 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:56 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!