Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:30 PM
cocowiley cocowiley is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem View Post
Ummmm........ why?

Salem
ummmm.....i meant that once this case does go to trial and all this stuff like the alleged hacking and obstruction, the cloud of doubt being raised over who did what to whom, the alleged sightings of caylee, the fact that there is no body, JB's inexperience..etc..it all adds up to a mistrial if you ask me.
i am no law expert though so what do i know? just stating my opinion like everyone else.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:31 PM
SuziQ SuziQ is offline
Semper Fi
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenz View Post
Do you think CA was that person that emailed Lois?
If it came from Cindy's account. I think Cindy sent the email. I think she is going to try to claim a hacker sent all the emails she doesn't want to admit to.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
  #153  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:32 PM
JustJax's Avatar
JustJax JustJax is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
I just don't believe the computer was hacked at all.
Niether do I Patty, remember the nasty E-mail that Lee sent out that ripped on LP and TM? This was done by mistake even tho I believe that LA fancies himself a puter geek to some degree.
Nevertheless, after that big boo-boo you would think that the rest of them would be a bit more careful with thier email accounts, information they share, and being that thier addy's have been all over for the world to see, you would take care to practice more security!
So, no, I smell something fishy about this claim.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:33 PM
L L & S's Avatar
L L & S L L & S is offline
comfortably numb
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Altered State of TropiCalifornia
Posts: 2,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippytoes View Post
Sorry, I left the sentence hanging...what could the motive be for alledging you were hacked? What's to be gained?
~~ my bold The only thing I can come up with is to cover her own butt because she accidentally sent the email to everyone. Maybe for some reason she hit "reply all" instead of "reply", for example. IDK why she would have media on any group email though. I think she might have done it and is now trying to cover an accident.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:33 PM
SuziQ SuziQ is offline
Semper Fi
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbetweenus View Post
My understanding is that emails from Cindy's inbox/files were fwded to media. I don't think Cindy would do that herself, so I believe a hack.
Which is a good argument for the hack having happened. I want to read the emails. To see if they are anything significant or not.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:33 PM
impatientredhead's Avatar
impatientredhead impatientredhead is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Emerald City
Posts: 6,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
All Cindy has to do is turn her computer over to LE for them to check and see if Cindy received an acknowledgment email from Yahoo telling her the "Yahoo email password was changed." Yup, I tested it out on my own email account and you get an email from Yahoo.

Even if the "hacker" deleted the acknowledgment email from Yahoo, it would still be there for LE to view!
They said the FBI was investigating the claim. They would contact yahoo to get the real data of what happened, they don't need Cindy involved at all at this point. If she is lying she will be caught. I believe she was hacked, probably by someone following the case, who hates CA like most readers of, and clearly it is someone without much skill in the hacking area if they had to change the password to get access. The best way to hack an account doesn't let the account holder know you have been there. Very amateur and whomever did it will get caught, unless they give it a really low priority like they would if my yahoo account got hacked.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:33 PM
shelbar53 shelbar53 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pa, Macungie
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
In view of the Anthonys' and JB's bitter animosity toward Kathi and/or Channel 9, it was really decent of Kathi to notify Cindy right away and also to pass up a Huge Scoop by refusing to reveal the e-mails contents.

It was more than Cindy deserved, BUT, you mark my words: Before this is over, one or more of these things will happen...:

1. Cindy will attack Kathi for forwarding Cindy's "private e-mails" to the FBI.

2. If the FBI finds anything in those e-mails that is damaging to the A's, Cindy will try to sue Channel 9 for giving her private property to the Feds.

3. If the FBI finds anything in those e-mails that is then used in Casey's trial to help convict her, Cindy will swear forever that the FBI framed her daughter and that Casey would have been acquitted on all charges if it werent for what the FBI (and Channel 9) did.

4. If the contents of those e-mails never leaks to the media, and is never used by the FBI, Cindy will never publicly thank Channel 9 or the FBI for their understanding and assistance.

Okay, anyone want to bet against my predictions? LOL
Lets just say, there was damning information in the emails. Now Kathi has read them and is aware of the content. It will be interesting to see if it has any impact on the way kathi reports. Knowing what she knows, will it affect her speech pattern or tone of voice. Im not saying she will reveal the content but how can she report on the latest antics of the A's knowing what she is reporting will be a lie due to her "secret" knowledge. Do you understand what I am trying to say?
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:34 PM
PurpleHaze's Avatar
PurpleHaze PurpleHaze is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtsInSession View Post
According to the site we don't mention here, it could be Cindy trusted someone and it's the emails between the two of them where she makes certain admissions. I don't think she was hacked. It's the only way she can cover herself that she didn't write the emails, or the hacker altered them.
This makes sense to me. Because Monday was supposed to bring "Shocking News & emails from CA". There is nothing new there. CA is backpeddling to cover herself.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:35 PM
JustJax's Avatar
JustJax JustJax is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by L L & S View Post
~~ my bold The only thing I can come up with is to cover her own butt because she accidentally sent the email to everyone. Maybe for some reason she hit "reply all" instead of "reply", for example. IDK why she would have media on any group email though. I think she might have done it and is now trying to cover an accident.
Right...just like Lee must have when he sent out his spiffy little email a couple of weeks back!
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:36 PM
jbar jbar is offline
Just My Opinion
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Just outside of Austin
Posts: 436
Remember, she also claimed her identity was stolen right after the first doc dump with all the sensitive info in it. Par for the course.... par for the course....
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Pollywog's Avatar
Pollywog Pollywog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 706
I bet the account was not hacked. CA is just trying to back out of what she has said.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pollywog For This Useful Post:
  #162  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:38 PM
SuziQ SuziQ is offline
Semper Fi
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbar View Post
Remember, she also claimed her identity was stolen right after the first doc dump with all the sensitive info in it. Par for the course.... par for the course....
I had forgotten all about that!
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:39 PM
L L & S's Avatar
L L & S L L & S is offline
comfortably numb
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Altered State of TropiCalifornia
Posts: 2,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJax View Post
Niether do I Patty, remember the nasty E-mail that Lee sent out that ripped on LP and TM? This was done by mistake even tho I believe that LA fancies himself a puter geek to some degree.
Nevertheless, after that big boo-boo you would think that the rest of them would be a bit more careful with thier email accounts, information they share, and being that thier addy's have been all over for the world to see, you would take care to practice more security!
So, no, I smell something fishy about this claim.
Great minds and all!! Hope you are well. Thanks for the compliment earlier, can't remember which thread. We make a good team!!

IMO, and I'm just throwing this out there, you should never take a valium and start sending emails. Just like you should never drink a few beers and start dialing the phone. Never a real good idea. That's why I think maybe this could be Cindy trying to cover her own mistake. I could very well be wrong.

Last edited by L L & S; 12-01-2008 at 07:39 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Ezryder9's Avatar
Ezryder9 Ezryder9 is offline
Yes it's a Harley and no, you can't ride it!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocowiley View Post
ummmm.....i meant that once this case does go to trial and all this stuff like the alleged hacking and obstruction, the cloud of doubt being raised over who did what to whom, the alleged sightings of caylee, the fact that there is no body, JB's inexperience..etc..it all adds up to a mistrial if you ask me.
i am no law expert though so what do i know? just stating my opinion like everyone else.
Perhaps if KC's email had been hacked, I'd have a little more concern. But I don't see how the hacking or obstruction by Sindee would factor into KC's trial at all. Maybe if LE does charge Sindee down the road, then facts surrounding her accounts versus KC's accounts would come into play.

But mistrial, nope. Don't see any of this leading to a mistrial. Maybe some will be included in an appeal after the guilty verdict comes down, but I think appeals in death penalty cases are automatic anyway.
__________________
Unless substantiated with a link, all comments are nothing more than my personal opinion. And opinions are like, well, noses; we all have one.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ezryder9 For This Useful Post:
  #165  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:39 PM
SuziQ SuziQ is offline
Semper Fi
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by L L & S View Post
~~ my bold The only thing I can come up with is to cover her own butt because she accidentally sent the email to everyone. Maybe for some reason she hit "reply all" instead of "reply", for example. IDK why she would have media on any group email though. I think she might have done it and is now trying to cover an accident.
You make a good point.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:40 PM
cocowiley cocowiley is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themis View Post
<Sigh.> The trial has not even started yet. It is not legally possible to have a mistrial at this point. Nothing has happened during the trial to make it a mistrial.
several other people have already replied and corrected me, i misspoke..what is your point, other than to be snarky?
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:40 PM
CarrieBean's Avatar
CarrieBean CarrieBean is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo612 View Post
~~~Bolded by me

I agree.

As soon as LG sent that info about the "wrong hairbrush" to the FBI, law enforcement had a reason to get a search warrant for the computers.

Just because they have apparently not acted upon that right, as of yet, does not mean that they cannot go in at any time to do so.

Anything that they find on those computers that is deemed evidentiary towards a charge of obstruction (or any other charge) can be prosecutable.

Just because someone has hacked into Cindy's yahoo account does not release her from any potential liability or responsibility.

Someone mentioned that CA could possibly plead the fifth at KC's trial if she had obstruction charges against her. Is this true?
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:40 PM
TxMother67's Avatar
TxMother67 TxMother67 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of Dallas, Texas
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by L L & S View Post
Great minds and all!! Hope you are well. Thanks for the compliment earlier, can't remember which thread. We make a good team!!

IMO, and I'm just throwing this out there, you should never take a valium and start sending emails. Just like you should never drink a few beers and start dialing the phone. Never a real good idea. That's why I think maybe this could be Cindy trying to cover her own mistake. I could very well be wrong.

You took the thought right from my brain!!! I was just too timid to post it!
__________________
Tell me this was all a really bad dream.....
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:40 PM
butwhatif?'s Avatar
butwhatif? butwhatif? is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 3,626
Talk about tunnel vision!! A thread about a crime against the anthonys and instead of focusing on that crime, posters turn it into a crime by the anthonys....Sheeesh....it doesnt end.

Any mistrial will be because of the extreme bias of the public, and the lengths that these people go to in their vigilate justice. You cant blame the A's for what other people do.
Whats next? I stubbed my toe....Damn those A's. And , oh my, that storm the other night did some damage....must be the anthonys again.I've seen them blamed for how much time a member chooses to sit in front of their pc re this case.
This forum has turned into a 'how can we blame the A's for everything that happens' instead of 'how can we put our heads together to find Caylee.'
Lets get back on track and use our time and energy in finding princess Caylee.She deserves better than this.
__________________
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

William A Weitz on Casey Anthony: "There is no evidence of any acting out, misbehaving, disturbance, whatsoever. In fact she wins awards for helplessness. She wins awards for......."
LDB: "For what?"
pg 218/219- Testimony of William A Weitz, PHD

Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:41 PM
justbetweenus's Avatar
justbetweenus justbetweenus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario's west coast
Posts: 1,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
Which is a good argument for the hack having happened. I want to read the emails. To see if they are anything significant or not.
I was just thinking...unless she meant to fwd those e-mails to someone else that that had the same first two letters in their email addy as Kathy, she quickly pressed enter to finish, then send.....too late. I would think more then one media would receive the e-mails if it was a hack. Hmmmm! Interesting.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justbetweenus For This Useful Post:
  #171  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:43 PM
JustJax's Avatar
JustJax JustJax is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by L L & S View Post
Great minds and all!! Hope you are well. Thanks for the compliment earlier, can't remember which thread. We make a good team!!

IMO, and I'm just throwing this out there, you should never take a valium and start sending emails. Just like you should never drink a few beers and start dialing the phone. Never a real good idea. That's why I think maybe this could be Cindy trying to cover her own mistake. I could very well be wrong.
I know the thread you are talking about...thought about the team right away!
Good advise about the medicated emailing and drunk dialing. What about posting after you have had a few beverages??? Been guilty of that on a few late nights.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Short_Stuff's Avatar
Short_Stuff Short_Stuff is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 651
My opinion is the hacker probably was trying to find out the truth about what happened by hacking her account. Welcome to modern technology, nothings personal anymore. As my old friend said never put anything in writing you dont want people to know about.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:45 PM
shelbar53 shelbar53 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pa, Macungie
Posts: 600
why wouldnt the hacker send all the emails? Why just those 4 specific ones? Why not send them to tons of people? If your going to hack, then hack everything and make it known.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shelbar53 For This Useful Post:
  #174  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
SuziQ SuziQ is offline
Semper Fi
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by butwhatif? View Post
Talk about tunnel vision!! A thread about a crime against the anthonys and instead of focusing on that crime, posters turn it into a crime by the anthonys....Sheeesh....it doesnt end.

Any mistrial will be because of the extreme bias of the public, and the lengths that these people go to in their vigilate justice. You cant blame the A's for what other people do.
Whats next? I stubbed my toe....Damn those A's. And , oh my, that storm the other night did some damage....must be the anthonys again.I've seen them blamed for how much time a member chooses to sit in front of their pc re this case.
This forum has turned into a 'how can we blame the A's for everything that happens' instead of 'how can we put our heads together to find Caylee.'
Lets get back on track and use our time and energy in finding princess Caylee.She deserves better than this.
How are WE supposed to find Caylee? Heck, her own grandparents are doing everything to make sure that doesn't happen. IMO, the A's are the ones who needs to put their heads together and ask themselves why they chose to side with evil. What Caylee deserves is grandparents who care enough about her to not stand behind and protect her killer.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
  #175  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
impatientredhead's Avatar
impatientredhead impatientredhead is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Emerald City
Posts: 6,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
Someone mentioned that CA could possibly plead the fifth at KC's trial if she had obstruction charges against her. Is this true?
You don't have to be charged to take the 5th. A defendent or a witness in a criminal case can invoke their 5th amendment rights.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cindy anthony's account, cybercrime, e-mail hacking

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amazon account Hacked ihadcabinfever Crimes in the News 13 12-31-2006 10:26 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!