Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #426  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Short_Stuff's Avatar
Short_Stuff Short_Stuff is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 651
Yes I am disappointed too. UNfortunately, the evidence "we are seeing" is not enough IMO to connect KC to Caylees murder even though we know she did it. Now we hear oh chloroform is natural when there is a decomposed body. Oh the defense loves that bombshell. Add in they didnt find the body soon enough cause of stupid mistakes. and the prosecution has a HUGE problem here.
I will repeat what I said before on here, IF this was not on tv every day for months, she would NOT have this dream team. Now that she does have the team they will argue and confuse jurors just like in the OJ case.
It stinks.
Think about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Short_Stuff For This Useful Post:
  #427  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:22 PM
RR0004's Avatar
RR0004 RR0004 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
Not disappointed at all. Not EVERYTHING they have will point towards Casey. There is such a huge amount already - there is no doubt in my mind that she will be convicted.

And there is still more to come that we don't know about yet.

And could the strategy be to have a doc dump that Baez will be overjoyed by - thereby running his mouth a bunch - only to be CRUSHED by the next doc dump? Just a thought...

They didn't just go for the DP on a "WHIM" ya know..... heh
There HAS to be something more that we don't yet know about. If that is the case, I see this almost as a "tease". It doesn't bother me any that Baez has learned very little about the hand the SA's holding.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:
  #428  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:24 PM
RR0004's Avatar
RR0004 RR0004 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short_Stuff View Post
Yes I am disappointed too. UNfortunately, the evidence "we are seeing" is not enough IMO to connect KC to Caylees murder even though we know she did it. Now we hear oh chloroform is natural when there is a decomposed body. Oh the defense loves that bombshell. Add in they didnt find the body soon enough cause of stupid mistakes. and the prosecution has a HUGE problem here.
I will repeat what I said before on here, IF this was not on tv every day for months, she would NOT have this dream team. Now that she does have the team they will argue and confuse jurors just like in the OJ case.
It stinks.
Think about it.
There's plenty there. Her team can argue away.
  #429  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:25 PM
eddeva's Avatar
eddeva eddeva is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: behind you
Posts: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippitydo View Post
ITA! My Jack cheers me up just looking at him! Thanks
Too many complained that he other Jack pic was giving them seizures!

seizures geezus henry kriste on a bike! is there no end to this man's power over women?!
__________________
people are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.
  #430  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:25 PM
RR0004's Avatar
RR0004 RR0004 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhall View Post
The trunk and the duct tape prove nothing except Caylee died, may have been in the trunk, and KC put duct tape over her mouth.

That in no way excludes accidental death, and in no way proves murder beyond a reasonable doubt.
A little too late IMO to go the accidental death route.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:
  #431  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:26 PM
TxRose TxRose is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
Was there anything released about the stain in the trunk?
I have been waiting for that myself. I don't reall hearing anything about what the stain was in any of the document dumps.

Though I would love to have as much forensic physical evidence as possible to convict this woman...I just don't need it myself to reach what I feel is an obvious conclusion. The last person to see Caylee alive was George who said she left the house with Casey. Casey shows up about 4-5 hours later at Tony's without Caylee - and Caylee is not seen again. Casey lies about what she did with Caylee - and completely changes her story at least twice. Nothing Casey tells LE can be substantiated because it is all lies. She showed no concern for the whereabouts of her daughter. She goes about her life without Caylee and parties while avoiding her family and old friends. Flash forward to finding the car ABANDONED - why would she abandon a perfectly good car? Because it stunk to high heaven. George, Cindy, and LE all smell decomposition in the trunk. The cadaver dogs hit on the trunk. The hair is found in the trunk. Caylee's dead body is found near the home. DUH!!!!! Honestly - what more do you need? But there really IS lots more and that isthe icing on the cake!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TxRose For This Useful Post:
  #432  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Valhall's Avatar
Valhall Valhall is offline
Keeper of the Mystic Fish
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
A little too late IMO to go the accidental death route.
I'm not sure that's true.
__________________
  #433  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:30 PM
bogeygal's Avatar
bogeygal bogeygal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
A little too late IMO to go the accidental death route.
31 days to not report a baby missing. Yep.

Not disappointed with what we got today in the doc dump, there will be more that we will hear at trial. This was no "accident".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bogeygal For This Useful Post:
  #434  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:32 PM
TxRose TxRose is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
A little too late IMO to go the accidental death route.

I have to agree. They can try, but I don't think it will be successful. She has been given countless "outs" to be able to claim it was an accident. She denied and lied. Her credibility is totally shot now anyway. So any claim she makes will lack credibility because she has already changed her story several times. Another change will not be taken seriously. And wouldn't she have to take the stand to claim it was an accident? Only SHE could testify to that so it would seem like she would have to. I don't see that happening because they would crucify her on the stand.
The Following User Says Thank You to TxRose For This Useful Post:
  #435  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:33 PM
shgrbkr's Avatar
shgrbkr shgrbkr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 834
If KC hadn't done herself in with the invisinanny story, and all the other lies, she might have gotten away with this. No drugs in the hair. Chloroform not tested for because it's a natural byproduct of decomposition. Yep...I'm totally disappointed. The only thing I've seen in the evidence that supports putting the DP back on the table is the duct tape wrapped all the way around the skull. I just hope she doesn't get out of this.
BTW...isn't it a violation of CA's privacy to list her medications like that without her permission?
  #436  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Dear Prudence's Avatar
Dear Prudence Dear Prudence is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Bayou City
Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
Was there anything released about the stain in the trunk?
Please see the LIBS data in this FBI forensics report, starts page 23 in the following link:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...46622.htmlpage


This analysis on the trunk carpet was released Oct. 2008 along with the odor analysis. I think it is regarding the stain in the trunk. It was consistent with decomp material. Science was never my best subject so I could be wrong but it's worth a look.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dear Prudence For This Useful Post:
  #437  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:26 PM
autumnlover's Avatar
autumnlover autumnlover is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
Not disappointed at all. Not EVERYTHING they have will point towards Casey. There is such a huge amount already - there is no doubt in my mind that she will be convicted.

And there is still more to come that we don't know about yet.

And could the strategy be to have a doc dump that Baez will be overjoyed by - thereby running his mouth a bunch - only to be CRUSHED by the next doc dump? Just a thought...

They didn't just go for the DP on a "WHIM" ya know..... heh
ITA. The SA asked for the DP for a reason. They, unlike JB, do not want to tip their hand and show all their cards so they release discovery in dribs and drabs. They don't want to release their smoking gun now so JB and his minions will have months, possibly years to refute it. They'll release it at the end - right before they go to trial. It's no accident that the only fingerprint evidence they released from the duct tape is that CA, GA and LA's were not on it. Have no fear, my friends. Justice will be served. I have confidence in the SA. They never would have asked for the DP if they didn't have powerful evidence - heinous, atrocious and cruel - to back it up.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to autumnlover For This Useful Post:
  #438  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:40 PM
sumbunny's Avatar
sumbunny sumbunny is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJames View Post
I suspect CA has had a chip on her shoulder for a long time.She knows she's not being honest,but how dare anyone not believe her! She knows her kids have issues,but how dare anyone say anything negative about them! I think that's her personality and this case magnified it.
I find it interesting that no one from her job has spoken publicly .No one from their past [except for brother ,Ric] has said anything positive or negative about Cindy or George.
Perhaps they follow the motto "if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all" ~laughs~

Seriously. I don't think anyone wants to be involved in the circus, good or bad.
  #439  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:41 PM
sumbunny's Avatar
sumbunny sumbunny is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnlover View Post
ITA. The SA asked for the DP for a reason. They, unlike JB, do not want to tip their hand and show all their cards so they release discovery in dribs and drabs. They don't want to release their smoking gun now so JB and his minions will have months, possibly years to refute it. They'll release it at the end - right before they go to trial. It's no accident that the only fingerprint evidence they released from the duct tape is that CA, GA and LA's were not on it. Have no fear, my friends. Justice will be served. I have confidence in the SA. They never would have asked for the DP if they didn't have powerful evidence - heinous, atrocious and cruel - to back it up.
But on the other hand, if they did have casey's fingerprints on the tape, wouldn't they want to show them that, so that they may opt for a plea?
  #440  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:42 PM
TxRose TxRose is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumbunny View Post
Perhaps they follow the motto "if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all" ~laughs~

Seriously. I don't think anyone wants to be involved in the circus, good or bad.
I think it best that they don't speak out in the media. It gives them more credibility later at trial IMO. They spoke their mind when interviewed by LE - the proper place to do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to TxRose For This Useful Post:
  #441  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:43 PM
trixi491 trixi491 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 525
I remember someone posted that it takes tons of time to get this discovery together. It seems like the interviews and evidence we get in each dump is dated about 2 months before the release date. The DP was brought on only a few weeks ago meaning if the discovery does have to be released in a timely fashion, maybe we won't see this damning evidence that convinced them to go for the DP until a month or two?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to trixi491 For This Useful Post:
  #442  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:52 PM
TxRose TxRose is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixi491 View Post
I remember someone posted that it takes tons of time to get this discovery together. It seems like the interviews and evidence we get in each dump is dated about 2 months before the release date. The DP was brought on only a few weeks ago meaning if the discovery does have to be released in a timely fashion, maybe we won't see this damning evidence that convinced them to go for the DP until a month or two?
You may be right. Or possibly they might hold it longer. I could even believe they don't really have a real "bombshell" pending. I think once they found the body, wrapped with duct tape, and with items that tie directly to the Anthony home...I think they felt they had their "gal". She didn't fess up once the body was found. Despite the fact that she didn't need to "protect" anyone anymore - which is what she said was her excuse for not talking. She just refuses to talk and is as cold as ice. No Screaming for justice for Caylee - screaming to find the real killer. She just smuggly refuses to talk or help at all. IMO - that sure would support a pre-meditated cold-blooded murder of this little girl. Not an accident.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TxRose For This Useful Post:
  #443  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:55 PM
christee's Avatar
christee christee is offline
Yup, I'm listening
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Near The Smoky Mts In Tn
Posts: 37,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
Please see the LIBS data in this FBI forensics report, starts page 23 in the following link:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...46622.htmlpage


This analysis on the trunk carpet was released Oct. 2008 along with the odor analysis. I think it is regarding the stain in the trunk. It was consistent with decomp material. Science was never my best subject so I could be wrong but it's worth a look.
I think this is the doc that says chloroform cannot be made with household ingredients?
I think it also showed data charts from the air analysis from car trunk.

I think!
__________________


In The Forest With The Top Down
  #444  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 PM
TxRose TxRose is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by christee View Post
I think this is the doc that says chloroform cannot be made with household ingredients?
I think it also showed data charts from their air analysis from car trunk.

I think!
It is confusing isn't it? LOL. I think Dear Prudence was right as well...that this stated that the preliminary results show that the trunk carpet was consistent with a decomp event. It did seem to state that this was a preliminary result and that further tests were going to be conducted. At least that was my reading of it!
The Following User Says Thank You to TxRose For This Useful Post:
  #445  
Old 05-01-2009, 09:22 PM
JWG's Avatar
JWG JWG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northeastern US
Posts: 1,773
Grrrr....my post was wasted when they merged the threads. I will try again.

I think we should remind ourselves first that the state is not trying to satisfy our curiosity. I know I was disappointed by the lack of fresh information, but then I reminded myself this is not about me.

Baez had to be disappointed with the information, IMHO. This was the Cain Dump, the final chapter in the find-the-body saga, and it pretty much closed any chances that he can get away with a "body was dumped after August" story. LE was very careful in these interviews to pinpoint just where people looked , and while they were close no one was close enough. Go back and look at the February evidence photos just to see how hard it was to locate the bag in that brush.

On top of that Kronk swears on a stack of Orange County regulations he saw the bag in August . Only problem is Cain did not care . Much OCSO internal investigation pretty much showed he was lazy and incompetent . What can Baez really do with that? Embarrass him further? Sure, but nothing about Cain will allow him to show the body was not there.

Take some comfort in the following. In the warrant for the December 19 search of the Anthony abode, there is mention that the FBI latent prints unit noticed some sort of residue on the duct tape in the perfect shape of a heart, prompting a search for the heart stickers. This was reported to OCSO via telephone, not email or via report. We have seen reports come back from the FBI that say no pieces or fragments of a sticker were found on the tape, but nothing about this residue or whatever it was that formed the heart shape.

We have not seen reports on analysis of the stain in the trunk, particularly the VFA analysis. That was collected some time ago. If the reports were in the hands of OCSO or the SA, they would have to go to Baez. However, if the FBI is sitting on them, it makes them a little harder for Baez to get. OCSO, however, can just pick up the phone to discuss the findings.

This could explain Baez's frushtration in receiving information from the FBI and his bumbling attempts at getting it. The stuff he is getting isn't really nailing his client to the wall. Yet the SA is raising the stakes and he knows stuff is missing. Seems to me it has turned into a bit of a game of poker, and SA is waiting as long as the system will allow before they show their cards. In the meantime they are probably hoping for a deal .

Do they have a straight flush or a pair of deuces?
__________________
Smile
  #446  
Old 05-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Sophiered Sophiered is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short_Stuff View Post
Yes I am disappointed too. UNfortunately, the evidence "we are seeing" is not enough IMO to connect KC to Caylees murder even though we know she did it. Now we hear oh chloroform is natural when there is a decomposed body. Oh the defense loves that bombshell. Add in they didnt find the body soon enough cause of stupid mistakes. and the prosecution has a HUGE problem here.
I will repeat what I said before on here, IF this was not on tv every day for months, she would NOT have this dream team. Now that she does have the team they will argue and confuse jurors just like in the OJ case.
It stinks.
Think about it.
It is hard to not be disappointed at the new documents.. But I still think the prosecution is holding on to their clincher until the very last minute. No way will they give the defence time to get out of that one.

Lets face it, before we heard of Casey Anthony how many of us did a search for chloroform or neck breaking on our computers? Any of us? No not likely.
  #447  
Old 05-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Duckley's Avatar
Duckley Duckley is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG View Post
Grrrr....my post was wasted when they merged the threads. I will try again.

I think we should remind ourselves first that the state is not trying to satisfy our curiosity. I know I was disappointed by the lack of fresh information, but then I reminded myself this is not about me.

Baez had to be disappointed with the information, IMHO. This was the Cain Dump, the final chapter in the find-the-body saga, and it pretty much closed any chances that he can get away with a "body was dumped after August" story. LE was very careful in these interviews to pinpoint just where people looked , and while they were close no one was close enough. Go back and look at the February evidence photos just to see how hard it was to locate the bag in that brush.

On top of that Kronk swears on a stack of Orange County regulations he saw the bag in August . Only problem is Cain did not care . Much OCSO internal investigation pretty much showed he was lazy and incompetent . What can Baez really do with that? Embarrass him further? Sure, but nothing about Cain will allow him to show the body was not there.

Take some comfort in the following. In the warrant for the December 19 search of the Anthony abode, there is mention that the FBI latent prints unit noticed some sort of residue on the duct tape in the perfect shape of a heart, prompting a search for the heart stickers. This was reported to OCSO via telephone, not email or via report. We have seen reports come back from the FBI that say no pieces or fragments of a sticker were found on the tape, but nothing about this residue or whatever it was that formed the heart shape.

We have not seen reports on analysis of the stain in the trunk, particularly the VFA analysis. That was collected some time ago. If the reports were in the hands of OCSO or the SA, they would have to go to Baez. However, if the FBI is sitting on them, it makes them a little harder for Baez to get. OCSO, however, can just pick up the phone to discuss the findings.

This could explain Baez's frushtration in receiving information from the FBI and his bumbling attempts at getting it. The stuff he is getting isn't really nailing his client to the wall. Yet the SA is raising the stakes and he knows stuff is missing. Seems to me it has turned into a bit of a game of poker, and SA is waiting as long as the system will allow before they show their cards. In the meantime they are probably hoping for a deal .

Do they have a straight flush or a pair of deuces?
I have been feeling quite discouraged over this latest dump. Circumstantial evidence is great, but having some good pysical evident is even better. I hope you are right that they are holding back some good info.
The Following User Says Thank You to Duckley For This Useful Post:
  #448  
Old 05-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Sophiered Sophiered is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Posts: 65
I wonder how the body language experts would interpret the photos of Casey taken during the time from mid June to mid July? If there was no name with her photo, you can be certain they would say this woman looks to be glowing, in love, or a perfect example of a very happy woman having a fun time.. Any woman watching her would say I'll have what she had. ( From when Harry Met Sally)
The Following User Says Thank You to Sophiered For This Useful Post:
  #449  
Old 05-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Sophiered Sophiered is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Posts: 65
I agree with JWG, the prosecution is not going to show its trump card so far out from the trial. What I think they are doing is selecting the documents they want dumped at regular intervals, just enough to keep Baez feeling confident that he can get Casey off. No way that will happen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sophiered For This Useful Post:
  #450  
Old 05-01-2009, 10:05 PM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiered View Post
I wonder how the body language experts would interpret the photos of Casey taken during the time from mid June to mid July? If there was no name with her photo, you can be certain they would say this woman looks to be glowing, in love, or a perfect example of a very happy woman having a fun time.. Any woman watching her would say I'll have what she had. ( From when Harry Met Sally)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...highlight=body
The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random Thoughts and Ideas Pattymarie Caylee Anthony 2 years old 776 12-09-2008 07:38 PM
Rants and Random Ideas ABOUT THE CASE thread #3 cuppy199 Caylee Anthony 2 years old 628 10-12-2008 10:30 AM
Rants and Random Ideas ABOUT THE CASE thread #2 JBean Caylee Anthony 2 years old 602 09-30-2008 12:53 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!