Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 10:42 PM

Defense What is their strategy? #1

We dont know half of the story!! Well if someone else out there killed this little girl. Shouldnt we be searching for a Murderer..Or shouldnt someone else be in Jail with KC if they took part in the death of this little Girl??

Please tell us!

Last edited by JBean; 05-13-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:45 PM

Please! This girl is far from innocent but I do believe that she had an accomplice after the fact. KC is not as smart as she thinks she is. Maybe she will blame it on an accomplice. Wouldn't that be nice? LOL
Old 12-19-2008, 10:46 PM

I thought it was funny he said my client says she innocent. Usually he says she is innocent but this time he said she says she innocent. Maybe its just me but I thought that was tellin
Old 12-19-2008, 10:47 PM

Sure is just like the sky is purple, and bigfoot exists.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:47 PM
<----The bravest little guy I've ever met.

WEll, he is a defense ttorney. casey is his client. What else would he say?
Old 12-19-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppy199 View Post
I thought it was funny he said my client says she innocent. Usually he says she is innocent but this time he said she says she innocent. Maybe its just me but I thought that was tellin
That's hilarious. I can't wait for his closing statement at trial: "If my client says the babysitter had a key, you must set her free!"
The Following User Says Thank You to paisleyprak For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2008, 10:51 PM

The other day when Jose said, "Full disclosure is the best defense," I knew he had come from saying those very words to his client. You are right about the difference in his claims for her too. The scales are fast falling from his eyes. It was hard for Leonard as well.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIND'HER View Post
We don't know half of the story!! Well if someone else out there killed this little girl. Shouldn't we be searching for a Murderer..Or shouldn't someone else be in Jail with KC if they took part in the death of this little Girl??

Please tell us!
Did he say she was stone cold innocent like Geragos said about Scott Peterson?
Old 12-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Banned

Is this a new Baezism, as in tonight? Is he on Greta?

make it stop!!! LOL
Old 12-19-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
I believe I've said this before on another thread but I will say it again here as well.

JB was simply stating the "fact" of the matter for both him and his client in this instance. His job is not to believe her but to DEFEND her per what information she gives him AND the information he recieves from other sources. Along with the given evidence in the case that is at his disposal to investigate on his own to make a worthy enough argument for his "client".

Nowhere in his job description does it state that he has to care. As crass as that might sound it's the truth. His job is to simply "defend" her. The rest is basically left up to Casey.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Seeking Justice for Victims

Quote:
Damage control. He is distancing himself, de-personalizing. JB used to say that KC is innocent.

I suspect that he was completely taken in by KC, that Caylee was alive, that Caylee was kidnapped and, LE were over-aggressively framing KC.

I think the discovery of the remains was a complete shock to JB and his new team came to his rescue -- he is now distancing himself so he acts in KC's defense but ready for the other shoe to fall.

He knows and he knows what he is up against.

Justice for Caylee
Old 12-19-2008, 11:01 PM

He's in it for the long haul. He has to stick with this stupid "super secret story that will be revealed soon" is just more BS. We all know if his client was pinnochio her nose would have lapped the world ten times over.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyprak View Post
That's hilarious. I can't wait for his closing statement at trial: "If my client says the babysitter had a key, you must set her free!"
Old 12-19-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberborg View Post
Damage control. He is distancing himself, de-personalizing. JB used to say that KC is innocent.

I suspect that he was completely taken in by KC, that Caylee was alive, that Caylee was kidnapped and, LE were over-aggressively framing KC.

I think the discovery of the remains was a complete shock to JB and his new team came to his rescue -- he is now distancing himself so he acts in KC's defense but ready for the other shoe to fall.

I am thinking like you are thinking. I bet he was shock when a body turned up..Because she probably told him all along, Zanny kidnapped by baby.
Now Casey is in a state of shock. Because with Caylees body, there is a change in a game plan.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:

Thats my point I noticed a change Glad you seen what I was saying. To point out to some I know its his job. Just because its his job doesnt mean he believe it either thats what I was getting at.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:

While I lean real hard towards agreeing with all you said I have to wonder why he would follow it up with the "Don't know half" comment. He continues to lead us to believe that at trial he is going to open the floodgates and let the truth roll. At that point Casey will be exonerated and parades will be held in her honor. This is straight out of the Geragos handbook. (Another client on death row) It seems as if he would better serve his client by getting her a quick deal, if a deal is still available.

I reckon she'll never breathe free air again nohow.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:13 PM

He can say whatever he wants about his psychopath client and her family. Who Cares? She did it and the state will prove it and the jury will sentence her. If he thinks his great legal mind and the dirty tricks, the manuevering and the "experts" will allow his client to walk free, he's got another thing coming. Yeah, like Dr. Lee has alot of credibility, standing with those stupid binochulars . I guess that was supposed to make him seem smarter than the 4 other agencies investigating this murder.
Today starts the long road to justice for Caylee, her murderer will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. And everyone that got in the way of this investigation will be prosecuted too. Because they have pizzed off the wrong cops.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:15 PM

Why are you shocked? I mean really I dont understand why someone would get shocked or even upset. What is he supossed to say? He is her attorney .
Old 12-19-2008, 11:17 PM

Well he is really in a bind now. He has based his entire defence on debating the foresnics. He was going to say that there was no proof Caylee was dead, the air samples proved nothing, the death band hair was not conclusive. He was going to have all his witnesses (all 3 of them) argue about the forensics.

Now that he actually AGREES with the forensic information - that Caylee was murdered - the only thing that is in debate is who did it and that WAS NOT how he was going to fight this case. He has no defence witness that can prove the existance of a nanny, has had no evidence AT ALL that a nanny exists and, he cant fight the fact that the Caylee is dead. HES GOT NOTHING unless KC changes her story.

He has played his cards completely wrong and there is no out for him. All he can do at this point is make the statement "KC says she is innocent". His forensic defence is now TOTALLY OUT THE WINDOW.

He has two options. Beg KC to admit to an accident, or start adding witness that can testify to the existance of a nanny... damn shame there ARE NONE so he better go with option 1.

JMHO
Old 12-19-2008, 11:22 PM

I'm wondering now that she has been found, Casey can tell all. Or is JB going to pretend she never said that?
Old 12-19-2008, 11:26 PM
always. SS~

I guess his grand scheme of producing this "story" that everyone would be amazed over in court but not before is now gone. Truly a MG moment thwarted! LOL Guess he will now have to depend on his "experts" to carry the day in court (which will never happen either).

It was certainly interesting about the discussion of who is paying for all this!! My vote there is still Geraldo or associates of Geraldo's show in some way. Someone is doing it and it is NOT because they feel Casey is innocent...it is for money in the long run. This is what we need to figure out!! WHO is paying for all of this and WHY?!

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6angels View Post
Why are you shocked? I mean really I dont understand why someone would get shocked or even upset. What is he supossed to say? He is her attorney .
Yes, but why is he defending her? He is not a public defense attorney and he is not getting paid! So he is doing this for publicity sake. He has "sold his soul to devil" just to be famous...or "infamous" (IMO). Team KC is a sad example of how low human beigns can go for a bit of money and fame. This is disgusting to me. I'm not sure how humans can stand by and defend another "human" that has committed such an unspeakeble act as murdering your own...this is the lowest that humanity has to offer and I'm embarassed to be included in the same species as Team KC.
(this is of course, jmho).
Old 12-19-2008, 11:30 PM

I am wondering what in the World Story they can base there defense on...Zanny doesnt exist..
Old 12-19-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
I guess his grand scheme of producing this "story" that everyone would be amazed over in court but not before is now gone. Truly a MG moment thwarted! LOL Guess he will now have to depend on his "experts" to carry the day in court (which will never happen either).

It was certainly interesting about the discussion of who is paying for all this!! My vote there is still Geraldo or associates of Geraldo's show in some way. Someone is doing it and it is NOT because they feel Casey is innocent...it is for money in the long run. This is what we need to figure out!! WHO is paying for all of this and WHY?!
Probably whoever they got the Book Deal with. Or like you said Geraldo. Wasnt Geraldo and Baez friends somehow???
Old 12-19-2008, 11:34 PM
instinc is a powerful gift, and should never be ignored.

He's a DEFENSE attorney, folks. He wouldn't be doing his job unless he defended this lowlife, I mean, er "innocent person". Right?

I think Casey is an INCREDIBLY PERSUASIVE LIAR. Whatever Kool-Aid she fed to George and Cindy, she probably fed that and then some to Baez. Remember all those hours she was there EVERYDAY for weeks? I guarantee she wasn't sitting there reading that whole time. She was probably running her mouth....

*Justice for C.M.A*
Closed Thread