Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Archived Cases - Appeals, Books and Updates > Benjaman Kyle

Notices

Benjaman Kyle Benjaman Kyle, Found Alive, Amnesia, Savannah GA, Help ID Him

Old 11-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Finding some sigs very distracting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykidz View Post
oh, and i may be slow on the uptake, but i did not get your answer about whether or not you are an artist. could you give us an idea of how you spend your days now? i take it you started your own vegetable garden. that rocks. it's great that a documentary is underway and you may still be busy with that.
I'm pretty sure he didn't start the garden; it's a friends IIRC. He answered about gardening in this post. We were talking about peppers if that helps.

Foods should also be answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'E View Post
Hello Benjaman, I have a few questions to ask of you. Could you elaborate as to the length of your beard and hair at the time you were found? This may sound like a ridicules question but I want to ask if the fire ants bites on your body struck you as unusual, or a deja vu sort of feeling? I ask because they have not yet migrated into the midwest and if they seemed foreign to you we could narrow down what state you are from.
I'm pretty sure we are not focusing on "fire ant bites"
See the link below - it's not confirmed who said fire ant bites.
Benjaman Facts

Where it says this:
A statement from the EMT interviewed for the Dr Phil Show
Snip-"An ambulance was called to the scene. "He was totally naked. He was unresponsive. When I looked at him, he had a lot of sores on him," recalls paramedic Sue Usry."-snip
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roselvr For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2009, 03:24 PM

On Benjaman's FB page, there are pictures of him in his garden.
This is BK's FB page. There are two others about his case.

Fire ant bites have not been verified.
Unsure where the first post came in about this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Hello Benjaman, I have a few questions to ask of you. Could you elaborate as to the length of your beard and hair at the time you were found? This may sound like a ridicules question but I want to ask if the fire ants bites on your body struck you as unusual, or a deja vu sort of feeling? I ask because they have not yet migrated into the midwest and if they seemed foreign to you we could narrow down what state you are from.

I have no idea what my beard and hair condition was in when I was found I just do not remember. I shaved my mustache off once (several months after I was found) and promptly grew it back again-It did not feel right not having a mustache- Fire ant bites do not seem to bother me much. At least other people seem to get in a panic when they get one and it does not seem to me to be that big of a deal. Beware Yankees- fire ants are migrating north. They are evolving to withstand the cold.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Benjaman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2009, 08:46 PM

Smile

Quote:
oh, and i may be slow on the uptake, but i did not get your answer about whether or not you are an artist. could you give us an idea of how you spend your days now? i take it you started your own vegetable garden. that rocks. it's great that a documentary is underway and you may still be busy with that.

what books have you been reading lately? do you drink wine and/or know about diff wines? what are your favorite foods? do you watch tv and if so what? do you have any sort of political opinions? have you been to any of the catholic churches in savannah?

ok, that's enough for now. toodles!
Way too many Questions. not an artist. Have been in several churches (as a Tourista). Wine drinkers are snobs. Restaurants serve wine because it has a huge mark-up. very profitable. I like the empty bottles. if I had a bottle cutter I would try to make glasses out of them . Signals catalog is seloling sets of Six for About $20US.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benjaman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2009, 08:46 PM
DELETE ACCOUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaman View Post
I have no idea what my beard and hair condition was in when I was found I just do not remember. I shaved my mustache off once (several months after I was found) and promptly grew it back again-It did not feel right not having a mustache- Fire ant bites do not seem to bother me much. At least other people seem to get in a panic when they get one and it does not seem to me to be that big of a deal. Beware Yankees- fire ants are migrating north. They are evolving to withstand the cold.
Hi Benjaman,

Good to hear from you! Could you tell us what your facial/hair condition was (length of hair, etc) shortly after you were found. I recall reading that shortly after you were found and saw yourself in a mirror for the first time, you were shocked at your appearance (thought you looked older, I believe?).

Could you describe your appearance the first time you saw yourself in the mirror?

Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kentjbkent For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 07:29 AM

benjaman,

i am delighted that you never forgot your sense of humor!! the wine snob comment is right on the money...har
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krazykidz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 07:49 AM
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

Quote:
benjaman,

i am delighted that you never forgot your sense of humor!! the wine snob comment is right on the money...har
Hey, as an occasional wine drinker I take issue with the charecterization of a snob...wine drinkers have feelings too

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 08:24 AM

"Six for About $20US" interesting. I would never say $20US. I would say $20, the US would be assumed. Canadian? Worked with people from other countries?
thoughts?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NCSleuth For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 09:42 AM
DELETE ACCOUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSleuth View Post
"Six for About $20US" interesting. I would never say $20US. I would say $20, the US would be assumed. Canadian? Worked with people from other countries?
thoughts?
Interesting someone else picked up on that! I had the "Canadian" thought myself last night. Thought maybe website (catalog) was based out of US, but webpage does not display $20US format in pricing....

Wondering if fingerprints,etc were run through database in United States only?

Could be BK was in US on work visa from Canada? (Knew someone here locally that was here on visitor's visa as her husband was employed in the Savannah area under a Canadian work visa.....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kentjbkent For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
thoughts?
----------------------

This has been explored before.
BK has had word spellings that are a little different, pointing to Canada.
six for about $20US is very telling to me.

We are the fresh start/fresh eyes team.
Time to look at Canada again.
?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
Hi Benjaman,

Good to hear from you! Could you tell us what your facial/hair condition was (length of hair, etc) shortly after you were found. I recall reading that shortly after you were found and saw yourself in a mirror for the first time, you were shocked at your appearance (thought you looked older, I believe?).

Could you describe your appearance the first time you saw yourself in the mirror?

Thanks

When I saw myself in the mirror it was almost 9 months after I was found and a week after my eye had been fixed. I have no recollection of my hair state on the day I was found nor do I remember when I started shaving in the Hosiptal.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benjaman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 10:47 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
Interesting someone else picked up on that! I had the "Canadian" thought myself last night. Thought maybe website (catalog) was based out of US, but webpage does not display $20US format in pricing....

Wondering if fingerprints,etc were run through database in United States only?

Could be BK was in US on work visa from Canada? (Knew someone here locally that was here on visitor's visa as her husband was employed in the Savannah area under a Canadian work visa.....

This is a fine example of how Ebay and the World Wide Web has corrupted the insular (if any one has a encyclopedia handy, I am not referring to my brain (I probably should discuss my brain, since that is the reason that I am on Web Sleuths in the first place)) elements of American (US-Please do not forget that Canadians and Mexicanos are Americans too) society. Be aware that my tongue is firmly planted to the inside of my cheek-I hope that it does not take root there. I would be in a real predicament if my mouth would happen to fill with roots, although, as I type this missive, I am chewing on a carrot (raw). Thankfully even though we are approaching winter here, it is not yet raw. I am being quite cheeky here , do you not think?

Frequently on Ebay the prices are indicated with "US" after the price because the sellers will ship to any country but they expect to remitted in United States Dollars.

Last edited by Benjaman; 11-18-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spelling
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Benjaman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 10:48 AM

If we could hear his pronunciation of the words "about", "house" or "out" or if he says "eh" at the end of a question, that would help. As for his spelling..I was raised in Northern Wisconsin and many of my teachers were Canadian, so we were taught the Canadian spelling for many english words. So..I don't know?

Last edited by Lil'E; 11-18-2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: punctuation error
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil'E For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 11:02 AM

Smile

Quote:
If we could hear his pronunciation of the words "house" or "out" or if he says "eh" at the end of a question, that would help. As for his spelling..I was raised in Northern Wisconsin and many of my teachers were Canadian, so we were taught the Canadian spelling for many english words. So..I don't know?
I never use the "eh" as in Canadian sense. I do not say "ouse" unless I am trying to be funny(vey hard for me to be) I do not think that I have ever said "oot" all though I may very well be "oot of it" in many senses of the word.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benjaman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I never use the "eh" as in Canadian sense. I do not say "ouse" unless I am trying to be funny(vey hard for me to be) I do not think that I have ever said "oot" all though I may very well be "oot of it" in many senses of the word.
Surely you jest. You cannot hide that wonderful sense of humor. We have witnessed it many times here. I personally think you're a cheeky little hoot! ha ha
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lil'E For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 01:06 PM

hey,
shout out to all the wine lovers out there! no offense meant!

i have experience with some folks who tried to corner me as they droned on ad nauseum (sic prob) about the names of wines and what goes with what meal and yadayadayada...and....truthfully, i would've rather poked my eyeballs out than listen to that most boring one sided conversation. i did escape
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krazykidz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
thoughts?
Him saying it means nothing to me.
I go to computer sites; garden forums, it's common there where posters are from all over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
----------------------

This has been explored before.
BK has had word spellings that are a little different, pointing to Canada.
six for about $20US is very telling to me.

We are the fresh start/fresh eyes team.
Time to look at Canada again.
?
I asked Believe a few months ago what ever came of Canada.
I'd given her a contact over a year ago for someone who works in the restaurant industry in Canada.

I am not able to contact this person myself; I could but would rather not.
My intentions were to post about Benjaman at the forum this person goes to, hoping he would respond.

Quote:
When I saw myself in the mirror it was almost 9 months after I was found and a week after my eye had been fixed. I have no recollection of my hair state on the day I was found nor do I remember when I started shaving in the Hosiptal.
I imagine that includes that you don't recall touching your facial hair before you were able to see?
Old 11-18-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Him saying it means nothing to me.
I go to computer sites; garden forums, it's common there where posters are from all over.

I asked Believe a few months ago what ever came of Canada.
I'd given her a contact over a year ago for someone who works in the restaurant industry in Canada.

I am not able to contact this person myself; I could but would rather not.
My intentions were to post about Benjaman at the forum this person goes to, hoping he would respond.

I imagine that includes that you don't recall touching your facial hair before you were able to see?
The person did not respond to me friend....

I am plugged into a Canadian accent for a number of reasons, and Mr. Kyle does not have one-he will be the first to tell you that I "pahk the cahr in Hahvahd yahd..." however!!!

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 02:39 PM

I agree! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
Hey, as an occasional wine drinker I take issue with the charecterization of a snob...wine drinkers have feelings too

Deanna Merryfield:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58438
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
The person did not respond to me friend....

I am plugged into a Canadian accent for a number of reasons, and Mr. Kyle does not have one-he will be the first to tell you that I "pahk the cahr in Hahvahd yahd..." however!!!
Ok, then I'll try to get a post up there.
I also don't feel he grew up in Canada; but one never knows. lol
Old 11-18-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
thoughts?
I mentioned this before, and mention it again. Headquartre and programme are words that he has used. I've been thinking this for a while now. Maybe Benjaman was from the US and may have spent time in Canada or even UK areas for work or even married there and lived. I personally believe it is worth looking into. A expired visa or passport never returning to his destination.

Believe is there anything we can find out from FBI Bill about this? thoughts please.

Last edited by carolwood; 11-18-2009 at 03:09 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carolwood For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 03:09 PM

[quote=carolwood;4453054]I mentioned this before, and mention it again. Headquartre and programme are words that he has used. I've been thinking this for a while now. Maybe Benjaman was from the US and may have spent time in Canada or even UK areas for work or even married there and lived. I personally believe it is worth looking into. A expired visa or passport never returning to his destination.

Believe is there anything we kind find out from FBI Bill about this? thoughts please.[/quote]

Let's take this to the general discussion fresh start thread, unless you want to ask BK if it has been explored? I dont want to derail us, lol. You know how confusing I can make things....

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 10:30 PM

[quote=believe09;4453096]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolwood View Post
I mentioned this before, and mention it again. Headquartre and programme are words that he has used. I've been thinking this for a while now. Maybe Benjaman was from the US and may have spent time in Canada or even UK areas for work or even married there and lived. I personally believe it is worth looking into. A expired visa or passport never returning to his destination.

Believe is there anything we kind find out from FBI Bill about this? thoughts please.[/quote]

Let's take this to the general discussion fresh start thread, unless you want to ask BK if it has been explored? I dont want to derail us, lol. You know how confusing I can make things....
I'll ask Benjaman, if it has been explored and advise. Maybe he can weigh in on this too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carolwood For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:

I am from Canada.. I don't say "eh"...lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wendy101 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaha View Post
I am from Canada.. I don't say "eh"...lol
Funny! I'm not from Canada and I say "eh" all the time!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boyz_Mum For This Useful Post: