Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:54 PM
http://thewaronwomen.org

Exclamation George Anthony's Jobs

Lets discuss Ga's jobs.

-where GA is employed (dates)
-hours he worked
-possible lies concerning his jobs
-any proof
-reason he changed jobs

Lets list anything about his job, times, quotes, references, etc.

Last edited by JBean; 12-28-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:18 AM

What jobs?

He may have had some temp work as a "security guard" on and off since they moved to Florida about 20 (yes TWENTY) years ago but that's about it. Apart from that, he's had some income coming in from two workman comp applications and what else? Bowing to CA's whims? Haven't found record of anything else myself...

MOO
Old 12-28-2008, 01:38 AM

Didn't George lose most of one worker's comp settlement in the online scam? It's hard to believe that someone would be off work that long and at least not be on social security disability or SSI in twenty years time. I guess worker's comp payments and the knee replacement could account for several of these years though.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:40 AM

He had two workman's comp "settlements" from what I've managed to sort through and I can't find records of JOBS...since he left Ohio apart from part-time security "positions"...

JMO
Old 12-28-2008, 01:42 AM

I think this is going to be a very short thread.......
Old 12-28-2008, 01:46 AM

Yup. Me too.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:49 AM

Maybe he was Mr. Mom during some of the years his kids were in school.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:51 AM

Uh...huh.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:00 AM

I don't think it's necessarily fair George or Cindy's working life gets brought into this situation. They're not the ones accused of murder, it is their daughter. However, I think it's fairly safe to say that George has not contributed to the Anthony household in the capacity that Cindy did. I just don't think Sleuthing his employment history is going to tell us anything we don't already know.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:01 AM

Well PhoneBoothBandit - I have to say that I agree. GA contributed nothing to the household and that is something that is obviously clear at this point so...I agree.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:04 AM

It is pertinant if he were LE at a point and smelled a dead body in his daughter's trunk. Once a mandatory reporter, aren't you always a mandatory reporter?
Old 12-28-2008, 02:09 AM

If he were a police officer at one point he could be convicted for not persuing a suspected incident involving a child.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:11 AM

2008. They left Ohio...When? 1998? Not sure but around that time? What on earth has this man been doing since then? I would love to know. I'm curious.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
2008. They left Ohio...When? 1998? Not sure but around that time? What on earth has this man been doing since then? I would love to know. I'm curious.
Well, he supposedly worked for Lexus, but I haven't seen proof of that. I know he had worked (more recently) for one of the theme parks as security. Sorry, not much of a contribution on my part.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:20 AM

We're talking about 20 (TWENTY) years here. Anyone?
Old 12-28-2008, 02:25 AM
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneBoothBandit View Post
I don't think it's necessarily fair George or Cindy's working life gets brought into this situation. They're not the ones accused of murder, it is their daughter. However, I think it's fairly safe to say that George has not contributed to the Anthony household in the capacity that Cindy did. I just don't think Sleuthing his employment history is going to tell us anything we don't already know.
ITA. GA's employment history doesn't have anything to do with this case, other than his experience as a law officer. I've often wondered about that! I've read somewhere - I think in brother Rick's blog? - that he was a cop when CA met him and made him leave the force? Wouldn't that be years and years ago, then? And I wonder how long he worked there and in what capacity? I don't think anyone knows. In his LE interview, he did say he smelled a dead body before though. Hmmmm.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:27 AM
here a ponder, there a ponder...everywhere a ponder = ADD

Location: Over The Hills And Through The Woods..on the corner,S.C..
anyone else hear the crickets?
I think you're right PP, this thread will be pretty short. That in itself says it all.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:38 AM

Well, I certainly see the relevance for at least one reason....if he wasn't working until recently, why couldn't he watch Caylee?? Why the need for a "nanny" at all?
Old 12-28-2008, 02:41 AM
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
Well, I certainly see the relevance for at least one reason....if he wasn't working until recently, why couldn't he watch Caylee?? Why the need for a "nanny" at all?
Good point!
Old 12-28-2008, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post

Although she might have interupted his t.v. time
Old 12-28-2008, 02:55 AM

Seriously, though...it does make you think...If her dad was home, she had absolutely no reason why she couldn't get a job, assuming he was willing to watch Caylee. She just seems to have had no desire to work. I can only assume CA was paying for her car then, and her car insurance, and obviously all their groceries...who paid for their clothes? CA also, I'm guessing? And the gas in her car? Didn't CA ever wonder, if KC really had a job, why she never had any money??? Or did she??

Sorry, it's a little OT...
Old 12-28-2008, 03:08 AM
"We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
car maintenance, yard work and looking for get rich quick deals!
Old 12-28-2008, 04:01 AM

Topic leads me to believe George when he said he didn't believe Casey had a job at all.
He was home with Casey and Caylee ,so he knew her hours were not regular hours like 8-5 2-10 etc, when he said he saw her leaving for work,(like a normal day) he had his doubts that she was not working but he never said anything about that until LE tells him she was not employed at universal.
He acted to LE like it was normal for her to leave with Caylee and also to take her somewhere to be babysat. When it all started they ,lee included all acted like Cayse was responsible,working, taking care of Caylee. If George was home most of the time, he had to know something was not on the up and up. Why didn't George act like the detective he used to be and find out what his daughter was up to?? It's like they all lived in the house but noone talked. It's unreal to me that Casey was gone that long, and them not track her down while Cindy was on vacation. I can't help but feel anger at them, as grandparent's for not taking better care of Caylee.
George and Cindy both seem to have been negligent in actually knowing where Caylee
was and if she was being cared for properly while she was not at home.
They never asked,for a phone number,to call and talk to Caylee. Cindy says, she talked to Casey everyday. I just find all of this weird.
I have 2 daughters, when my oldest daughter (she had recently divorced)was staying with me and I was watching my grandchildren while she worked, I noticed her getting home later than usual several days in a row, maybe an hour or hour and a half later than normal. I loaded up the boys , and watched her come out of work, she was standing with a group of girls talking and laughing. They hung out about 20-minutes then she got in her car and headed home. I was checking to make sure she was doing as she was supposed to do. Go to work and come home. I have no detective background, but I wanted to know that all was well__ I love my daughter, enough to just make sure she wasn't getting into something that could be harmful to her or my grandsons.
I believe this is one of the things that makes this case so different it's that the A's expect people to believe they were this happy little family and Casey, should be mother of the year, and they had no idea anything was wrong, they never had any worries about where Casey was taking Caylee , no worry about the money she stole, no worry about Casey never having a paycheck, no worry about not having a contact number for Caylee . It's like a slap in the face for them to expect people to believe their lies.

“…A child goes missing every 40 seconds in the U.S, over 2,100 per day

In excess of 800,000 children are reported missing each year

Another 500,000 go missing without ever being reported…”
Old 12-28-2008, 04:22 AM

I would venture to say that he may be disability retired from his LE job in Ohio. He may have a very good pension. I am sure he contributed to the household.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:26 AM
WS Administrator

This Link is a discussion regarding George's work days/hours and how they relate to the timeline,cell calls etc.