Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:31 PM
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
In her conversations with LA , didn't KC say Annie was on her "no trust" list?
IIRC she said "Amy".
Old 12-30-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
In her conversations with LA , didn't KC say Annie was on her "no trust" list?
I don't remember Manny. I may have to go back and look at that again. Someone mentioned on another thread that you can see Casey *wink* when Lee mentions certain people. They suggested perhaps she was trying to say she meant the opposite of what she was saying outloud. I have been meaning to check out the video again...and now you have given me another reason!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:35 PM

I really cannot see anyone but CA/GA/LA covering for KC. Why would a friend cover up a murder? I certainly would not for any friend or family member! I think all KC's friends really cared for Caylee and cannot see any of them not saying something if they knew KC had done something so evil.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Rest in Peace

Just to kinda get back on topic- Does anyone know whether letters can be sent to others through the attorney, JB? Are they read by the jail? Or does he just stick them in his briefcase and waltz on out the doors? Does he have an obligation to forward them to the intended party or can he just trash them? Does that apply to any ethical rules that could lead to disbarring?

Help, legal eagles!!! I've seen this all asked many times, but no answers....
Old 12-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Justice for Travis and his family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
IIRC she said "Amy".

Was that the same interview that she half heartedly told Cindy to thank Annie for doing the t-shirts? I thought that little exchange was interesting.

Oops...different interview, I get the ones with LA and CA mixed up, there was so much double talk in them.

Last edited by indicat; 12-30-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: added the oops
Old 12-30-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL_Zero View Post
hey now....
there is nothing heartbreaking about that picture except that it has the image of a dear sweet departed child in it.

there is NOTHING WRONG with a mother taking a picture of herself!
as a young mother once struggling to find her own identity, i STRONGLY disagree with this statement.

she is NOT PUSHING caylee out of the way... i don't see a hand on her face or anything of the sort!!

who is to say that a mother may only take photos of her child... that every single picture should be of her baby... and if OMG the mother MUST photograph herself, the baby is required to be in mommy's lap.

i am no KC supporter, but jeez!!
i know we all want to crucify her for her every movement and rightly so, but..... sheesh.

i am sorry if this comes off as mean, its not supposed to, it just got under my skin.
She isn't PUSHING Caylee out of the way in THAT photo ~ she just KILLED HER instead!!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Seeker View Post
She isn't PUSHING Caylee out of the way in THAT photo ~ she just KILLED HER instead!!!!
I am being patient to see what Annie knows. It must be something since we have yet to see any releases from her, or perhaps she is not at all vital to the prosecution. I see the first scenario being more likely and I wonder if LE has this supposed letters? My hunch is that Annie said she cannot be a party to Casey's situation and had revoked any friendship.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Seeker View Post
I have a little one and when I see that picture it makes me feel as if Caylee is struggling for attention between the two "friends". I wonder how close Annie was to Caylee?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Justice for Travis and his family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
I am being patient to see what Annie knows. It must be something since we have yet to see any releases from her, or perhaps she is not at all vital to the prosecution. I see the first scenario being more likely and I wonder if LE has this supposed letters? My hunch is that Annie said she cannot be a party to Casey's situation and had revoked any friendship.
I'm hoping your patience will be rewarded, I really think she was having none of KC's BS when this all went down and she is probably one of the few who called her on it.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Yea but even if that is what she said...why hold that back? They have other witness statements that say Casey was a pathological and diabolical liar. They have statement that she smoked pot. They have the infamous photos. They have statements that prove she was lying flat out. So why would they hesistate to release one where a friend just said she wasn't going to support her anymore or that she thought she might be capable of the murder?

Do we know if Annie had been around Casey at the time this all happened? I know there was talk that she had pretty much abandoned her old friends. Maybe Annie hadn't seen her in a long time, and she has no relevance to the case? There are just so many players I can't remember!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have a little one and when I see that picture it makes me feel as if Caylee is struggling for attention between the two "friends". I wonder how close Annie was to Caylee?
It's just a picture of two young women taken in the car. A snapshot of their enjoyment. Caylee in the background isn't to imply that she's being ignored or abused. In fact, if anything, it should demonstrate that Casey had Caylee along on one of the occasions she was out and about with her friends and not chloroformed or xanax'd in the trunk.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicat View Post
I'm hoping your patience will be rewarded, I really think she was having none of KC's BS when this all went down and she is probably one of the few who called her on it.
She sure has been silent. Nothing in the press about her. No lawyer that I am aware of using her for publicity. I have had a feeling that she knows that household very well, and likely knows the other "secrets" that George alluded to in his jailhouse visit with Casey. George said "other things" would come out if this situation wasn't resolved soon. What other things in the family might come out is what I wondered and wonder now. I have a good idea of what those "other things" are. If anyone knows, it is likely her best friend over the years and that person is Annie.

I hope Annie isn't like the rest of the cockroaches surrounding this family.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edamama View Post
I also believe that letter was sent prior to KC being released and the garbage digging lady finding a hat that looked a lot like a hat Annie was wearing in a picture. Wonder if she got that letter and what is said. Soemthing that motivated her to shred Annies hat and dispose of it? They had been BFFs.

And yes, this has busted me out of my lurkdom.
Hi all!
Respectfully snipped

Hi Edamama!

You reminded me....because it has been bugging me no end about the "garbage digging lady". She has one of the A's garbage bags that could possible be from the roll that was used to bag little Caylee. I really want LE to contact her to see if she still has the bag and all its contents. The bag, the hat and other things might shed some light and be submitted into evidence. Some things just yank us right out of Lurkdom don't they?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornswoggled View Post
Respectfully snipped

Hi Edamama!

You reminded me....because it has been bugging me no end about the "garbage digging lady". She has one of the A's garbage bags that could possible be from the roll that was used to bag little Caylee. I really want LE to contact her to see if she still has the bag and all its contents. The bag, the hat and other things might shed some light and be submitted into evidence. Some things just yank us right out of Lurkdom don't they?
Yes they probably should...but I would bet that the defense will argue that the chain of command has been broken. How can anyone prove now that this bag was removed from the A's house? That it is the same bag? I think it would interesting to know...but I don't know if it could now be admitted as evidence.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debs View Post
It's just a picture of two young women taken in the car. A snapshot of their enjoyment. Caylee in the background isn't to imply that she's being ignored or abused. In fact, if anything, it should demonstrate that Casey had Caylee along on one of the occasions she was out and about with her friends and not chloroformed or xanax'd in the trunk.
Sorry, I see if differently so we can just agree to disagree. I see a child unhappy and symbolically photographed unhappy between a mother who will soon murder her having a "fun" time with her friend just like she did when she pranced around on stage after murdering the little angel.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I dont recall seeing text message released between Annie and Kc like so many others that were released. Once again, the absence says more to me than other peoples presence.

Here is a pick of Annie in the hat.
Aww, look at little Caylee in the background

Amy’s entry to Casey on Facebook:"Amy Huizenga (Orlando, FL) wrote
at 8:18am on May 26th, 2008
You lost my duct tape! I was excited to have so much left! Thats why I get for giving you my purse… Stupid costume that didn’t work the way it should have…. what a waste of gaff tape…"

Did police ever ask Amy what brand of duct tape???
The Following User Says Thank You to EgyptNug For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Seriously! Ancient Aliens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemom View Post
Just to kinda get back on topic- Does anyone know whether letters can be sent to others through the attorney, JB? Are they read by the jail? Or does he just stick them in his briefcase and waltz on out the doors? Does he have an obligation to forward them to the intended party or can he just trash them? Does that apply to any ethical rules that could lead to disbarring?

Help, legal eagles!!! I've seen this all asked many times, but no answers....
I know I'd like an answer to that one as well, mom! I have wondered this since seeing the jailhouse interview where LA is telling KC that she can send messages with JB cuz he works for her, and tho I am no legal eagle, that reeks of misconduct! I can't see that being okay by any stretch of the imagination! There are reasons that jail personel have to read and approve all communication going in and out and if JB were side-stepping this avenue to take messages back and forth to and from KC and CA, GA, & LA, seems like he has some explaining to do!
Old 12-30-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornswoggled View Post
Respectfully snipped

Hi Edamama!

Someone posted here after the body was found, that the woman still does have the bag, and a WS'er or a SM'er already is "on the case" as far the idea it could be from the same trashbag roll. I do not know if it was updated whether LE now has that bag, or not.

Amy’s entry to Casey on Facebook:"Amy Huizenga (Orlando, FL) wrote
at 8:18am on May 26th, 2008
You lost my duct tape! I was excited to have so much left! Thats why I get for giving you my purse… Stupid costume that didn’t work the way it should have…. what a waste of gaff tape…"

Did police ever ask Amy what brand of duct tape???
Old 12-30-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefmom View Post
I know I'd like an answer to that one as well, mom! I have wondered this since seeing the jailhouse interview where LA is telling KC that she can send messages with JB cuz he works for her, and tho I am no legal eagle, that reeks of misconduct! I can't see that being okay by any stretch of the imagination! There are reasons that jail personel have to read and approve all communication going in and out and if JB were side-stepping this avenue to take messages back and forth to and from KC and CA, GA, & LA, seems like he has some explaining to do!
They gave evidence like receipts to Baez too. Does Baez have to turn over evidence? I wonder if those things become privileged information and if LE wanted them, how would they get them?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Inactive

im sure the trash lady has contacted them, seems like a good hearted woman. and caylee is in her car seat where she belongs. and what about the other million pictures that she did take of caylee. but i am by far a supporter of kc.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRose View Post
Do we know if Annie had been around Casey at the time this all happened? I know there was talk that she had pretty much abandoned her old friends. Maybe Annie hadn't seen her in a long time, and she has no relevance to the case? There are just so many players I can't remember!
*respectfully snipped*
maybe annie is the only person outside of casa de anthony who knows who daddy is.

(don't mean to drag things down - it's just on my mind)
Old 12-30-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
They gave evidence like receipts to Baez too. Does Baez have to turn over evidence? I wonder if those things become privileged information and if LE wanted them, how would they get them?
No - Baez would have to turn them over if LE asks for them. They are evidence in a criminal trial. Otherwise murderers could always give the murder weapon to their attorney and it could never be used against them!
Old 12-30-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
IIRC she said "Amy".
I believe she said that Amy was a good person. Which surprised me since she took Amy's money. She and Annie had been on the outs for quite awhile before Caylee went missing. However, there are more players in this situation than some Russian novel.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRose View Post
No - Baez would have to turn them over if LE asks for them. They are evidence in a criminal trial. Otherwise murderers could always give the murder weapon to their attorney and it could never be used against them!
I would assume then that letters with information pertaining to the case should be turned over as well then.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Mom to a Frat Boy, Hip Monkey, & an Angel in Heaven

Quote:
Here is a pick of Annie in the hat.
Closed Thread