Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:07 PM

Are those toys on the floor inside the house??? I wish she'd have gotten a shot of the inside! WOW
Old 01-13-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Know? View Post
Great job Michelle & Esc! KB should have given you guys some credit!

Wonder if LE has seen this house too.
Wonderful sleuthing Esc & Michelle, thanks for the photos and videos. And thanks to whoever found the map and residential desc. also. Let's hope LE gets there soon if they already haven't.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:14 PM
"It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoamom View Post
I don't suppose Marellano contacted LE? It looks like the bags are still there which makes this place full of evidence - PI evidence and possibly KC evidence. Perhaps LE hasn't found the house yet either? No crime scene tape, etc? Even the press didn't find it before you guys did! Could be very important to the case and if the public figures it out, evidence could be compromised!!!

Marellano (sorry mods) I have a number that can get you straight through to the person you need to talk to - check your PMs for mine. Also, that car at the memorial site has the license plate showing - can somebody do something to blot it out so nobody here gets in trouble ! Aaackk my heart is pounding!

Been reading this all day and watching and yes - doubting (eating humble pie here)...you all are good! I live here and wouldn't have thought a local neighborhood house would be so run down.
I'll get in touch with you re: that number.

Thanks for the heads up about the license plate. No time to edit it now so I just deleted that photo from my PB account.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by marellano View Post
Ok. So, I go to the remains site to get my bearings and I also wanted to take some video of the drive from the A house to the remains site (I'm uploading that now). I get there and am taking some photos when Channel 9 pulls up behind me. They do a quick report and then I decide to talk to Kathi. I asked her if she knew where the abandoned house was and she said no. I told her that I was on my way to a potential house and just stopped at the remains site on my way. I told her the address and she said, "Someone from that website emailed me about that place." I told her that I was on my way over and would she want to go together. She said yes and I wanted to be sure that I wouldn't be stepping on her toes or be in the way...she said no. I left ahead of her and got to the house first. I took some photos of the outside and then she arrived with her cameraman. She walked around the perimeter and called her boss. The house was noticeably abandoned but she wasn't sure if we could go on the property. While she was on the phone with her boss, I went up to the fence (left side) and looked in. Pepsi machine...clear as day. I walk back to my car to get my camera just as she finishes up her phone call. She and I both just look at each other and both have a bit of a look of shock on our faces. I said, "This is it." She said, "I know." She explained about her conversation with her boss re: going on the property. We approached the left side of the house (with her cameraman) and they started filming some generic shots outside. A neighbor walked out and Kathi asked about the house. It has been empty about a year...the owners went back to Puerto Rico. The neighbor thought we were interested in buying the house! Anyway, the cameraman and Kathi entered the backyard and...I followed! Hey...I wasn't giving up my "exclusive" for WS! The yard was completely overgrown with Pepsi machines *everywhere*!! I've never seen so many! You could clearly see in the house through the back sliding door. Lots of rubbage throughout the yard. Two sheds. A large flatbed truck.

I took photos and video. It started raining and I had my son with me so I had to go before Kathi was finished. She very kindly asked me to not post anything about this so that she could get the exclusive. I was happy to do so. It just about killed me, but I was happy to do it. She was extremely gracious and if she hadn't been there I wouldn't have gone into the back yard at all.

I'm running through this super fast because I have to take my daughter to gymnastics. I'm sure I've missed a ton of info. Feel free to ask questions. Oh, here is a link to my PB account (photos only, no video yet): http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b100/marellano/Caylee/?albumview=link

~Michelle
:w oohoo:
Michelle, You are awesome! I'm privileged to be in the company of such amazing minds. I was off by a few houses but you nailed it. I am disappointed that KB didn't give you credit for the find and I hope they rectify that in future news casts.
The Following User Says Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Taking Care of Business

Ok how many old Pepsi machines does one person need? Apparently at least 6.

Michelle, did you see the place where they were digging? Was it a planter?

"Responses to grief are as varied as the day is long. But responses to guilt are oh, so predictable. What do guilty people do? They lie, they avoid, they run, they mislead... They act like nothing is wrong." - LDB, 7/4/11
Old 01-13-2009, 11:22 PM

Odd...But I also did not get the impression that anyone had been to the house since the video was released. And the neighbors asking about whether they were interested in buying the house seemed totally CLUELESS as to what the situation is!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:25 PM
"It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, so I'll apologize in advance to the MODS if I'm committing a no-no.

Anyhow...I had to password protect my PB site because I got a heads up that people might be able to see my other photos. I had set the Caylee folder to public and all my other folders to private, but I must have done that wrong. I have pics of my kids on there and I definitely don't want those seen by everyone.

I'll make the folder public again once I can be sure my kids photos aren't viewable.

~michelle
Old 01-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtective View Post
:w oohoo:
Michelle, You are awesome! I'm privileged to be in the company of such amazing minds. I was off by a few houses but you nailed it. I am disappointed that KB didn't give you credit for the find and I hope they rectify that in future news casts.
Yes, they certainly do need to give her credit as it was HER find and her perseverance which gave them the info for the exclusive. A number of people here contributed but she went there when it counted where we couldn't. I was totally off with 16 acres, but we did see some of the players.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, so I'll apologize in advance to the MODS if I'm committing a no-no.

Anyhow...I had to password protect my PB site because I got a heads up that people might be able to see my other photos. I had set the Caylee folder to public and all my other folders to private, but I must have done that wrong. I have pics of my kids on there and I definitely don't want those seen by everyone.

I'll make the folder public again once I can be sure my kids photos aren't viewable.

~michelle
I agree, family first.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:

~michelle
I tried to send you a PM about that earlier today but your box was full.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:35 PM

Wow! I'm impressed & thanks so much for all you (& the others) did to find the house!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
I was thinking about going tomorrow. I want to see if LE gets involved, though. Or other news stations. I definitely don't want to be on tv or associated with this case at all. Next thing you know I will have lived in the house, my real name being Michelle Fernandez-Gonzales, and I will have had a sordid affair with a meter reader.
Great job Michelle!!
If you go back again, and it's not too much trouble, I would like to know if the area where they found the bag with Caylees remains is a low spot where water would pool, and might be the last spot to dry up in that area of the woods.

And, from looking at the maps, it looks like there is a fence across the back yard of Brackenwood, and also all around that pond out back.
Is there a gate in the fence to leave the backyard? I wondered if it is possible to walk out of the Brackenwood backyard to head down Hopespring without climbing any fences?
Thanks,
Katharine
The Following User Says Thank You to Kathy1964 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG View Post
Did anyone notice that the house next door (east side) is owned by a man with one last name and a woman with a different last name, but that those two last names together are the two last names belonging to Kiomarie?

Just wondering. I know I have not been following this too closely.
Could very well be Kio's parents. I'm from Puerto rico, and in Spanish/ Latino families women keep their maiden names (explaining why a man and woman with different last names) and children go by both their father's AND mother's last names (sometimes hyphenated when they live in the US), so you always have a combination of two last names.

Last edited by Annette73; 01-13-2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Additional details
The Following User Says Thank You to Annette73 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2009, 11:49 PM

I have to tell you guys that online this is really fun and almost sometimes like that book you can't put down or the soap you HAVE to see every day. But Michelle deserves HUGE kudos!!!!! When you step foot out there it becomes VERY, VERY REAL and very scary.

It takes a LOT of guts! Way to go Michelle. Gotta admit this case got really interesting again after a couple of really depressing months...woke up our brains - LOL..
Old 01-13-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
I saw the otherway around? I'll check. I may be wrong and seeing a strange edit? Even so My point is that the two locations could be either side of that bit of Suburban, rather than a separate location if you consider one area is the back of Brackenwood.
Here's what was on the video I watched (can't remember which one-it ran 9+ min)
-------
Nov 15
9:15AM DC coming out of the woods, talking on phone, walking back and forth. Trees have vines growing on them

9:38 AM near the building and slashing open the trash bags
9:46 AM poking and digging with trowel, moved a cement block
---------
Nov 16
7:50AM in the woods probing the ground
8:00AM in woods raking
8:16AM digging by building again (?is this right? I need to watch it again)
These were not in that order on the video-they were all scrambled around-I just put them in order for clarity. Most of the short clips were on there more than once, also.

Last edited by Kathy1964; 01-14-2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: to clarify
The Following User Says Thank You to Kathy1964 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2009, 11:52 PM
always. SS~

Quote:

~michelle
I would recommend you just set up a completely different account for photos taken for cases separate from the personal. This way no one can hack into it either and you are more protected. I keep everything separate when dealing with research etc.

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Taking Care of Business

OK I asked in the NG thread but haven't heard anything yet and I am impatient!

I happened to turn around and see on NG a clip of the "secret video" where DC was using his probe AT THE ABANDONED HOUSE. The time stamp on it said something like 11:11, but I did not see the date.

Last night I think I watched every frame of every bit of that video on every link I could find that showed the house, and I don't think I had seen the probe there or a time stamp after 11am. Can someone confirm that this was on there? If so, this indicates to me that not only did DC go to the remains site more than once, but also to this HOUSE more than once??? AND that he was looking for a body there too???

I have not seen anything about this house that seems like evidence but after seeing that...

"Responses to grief are as varied as the day is long. But responses to guilt are oh, so predictable. What do guilty people do? They lie, they avoid, they run, they mislead... They act like nothing is wrong." - LDB, 7/4/11
The Following User Says Thank You to DawnTCB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2009, 11:59 PM
always. SS~

JH also said that he believed DC went back at least twice after the 15th and 16th searches, too. So can LE really trust what they find at that house? Or will they be able to tell if it is planted evidence?

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnTCB View Post

I happened to turn around and see on NG a clip of the "secret video" where DC was using his probe AT THE ABANDONED HOUSE. The time stamp on it said something like 11:11, but I did not see the date.

Last night I think I watched every frame of every bit of that video on every link I could find that showed the house, and I don't think I had seen the probe there or a time stamp after 11am. Can someone confirm that this was on there? If so, this indicates to me that not only did DC go to the remains site more than once, but also to this HOUSE more than once??? AND that he was looking for a body there too???

I have not seen anything about this house that seems like evidence but after seeing that...
Dawn, I could be totally incorrect about this, but I think there are 3 different tapes floating around out there. Somebody mentioned it earlier on another thread I believe (angel who cares maybe?) Let me see if I can find the post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsy Road For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2009, 12:07 AM

Okay just call me dumb... apparently I am the only one that cannot see the pictures on Photobucket!!
It is asking me for a password and when I put mine in it tells me incorrect password.

HELP!!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnTCB View Post

I just checked on the DVR, you are correct about the times (I think the date is obscured by the banner). I noticed the probe today, and didn't remember seeing that in the video previously either (starts just before 11).
Old 01-14-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:

~michelle
Thanks, I missed seeing them and look forward to it and thanks for taking them.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Taking Care of Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfie View Post
I just checked on the DVR, you are correct about the times (I think the date is obscured by the banner). I noticed the probe today, and didn't remember seeing that in the video previously either (starts just before 11).
THANK YOU for checking!

I guess my hunch all along has been he was looking for the body near where the body was and something else near where "it" was, at the house. But if he was looking for a body at the house that confuzzles my whole theory.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila View Post
Just catching up with this thread. INCREDIBLE FIND! The pictures are great and I'm looking forward to the video.
I agree. Thank you so much for going over there. But, I'm a little confused...is this the vacant house that LP talked about on NG? And, I thought it was KB (maybe someone else) who said that it was a ride to the house from the crime scene. So did KB know where it was, or just the vicinity? Or am I totally confusing something else.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Not the Nanny View Post
Good job marelleno!!!! Soooooo impressed!

I have to say there must have been a bit of divine intervention from sweet Caylee to have Kathy B show up at JUST the right time.

I think Caylee's clothes were stashed there.... thus the "they haven't even found her clothes yet" statement.

How KC knew about his house and that it was abandoned is beyond me! Then again, she did say she was talking to realtors!
On a different thread there is speculation that the neighbours to the right have the same last two names as kio ((east of the videotaped house))
Closed Thread