Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 01-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Theonly1's Avatar
Theonly1 Theonly1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
I always thought it was odd about washing the bedding in CAYLEE's room. If my grandchild was missing, that is the last thing I would think to do!

snip...
IMO
DITTO! My grandmother died this year and I got one of her scarves. I don't think I'll ever wash it because it smells like her. If I had a missing baby there wouldn't be any WAY I'd wash that bedding. I'd be laying on it and smelling that baby smell and wishing for her to come home!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Theonly1 For This Useful Post:
  #52  
Old 01-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Pink Panther Pink Panther is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,541
I posted this earlier but I found CA's statements about washing and changing the sheets highly suspect! I've often wondered if some the crazy stuff she's said was aimed at KC, to give her information and this particular comment really sent my hinkey meter off!

MOO
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Theonly1's Avatar
Theonly1 Theonly1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnTexas View Post
Is there cloth lettering on the set? In the search warrant it also states small cloth type lettering similar to ones found with the body. I'm thinking may this lettering is like an iron on or sew one type of lettering. That could either have been on the blanket or on the shirt she was wearing. It does not state what letters where there.
I thought I saw a "C M A" located somewhere in Caylee's room (like on the wall?). Not sure if it was cloth. I just recall some sort of lettering. Bet ya dollars to doughnuts the lettering was "C" "M" A".

It would also fit Casey, Caylee and Cindy.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-21-2009, 09:39 PM
maryaok maryaok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 253
This thought just crossed my mind and it's terrible. What if Casey was alive when she first put her in the bag, and to get her to be quiet and still she gave her her favorite blanket.

I'm having nightmares now every night about this. Anyone else?

My nightmares are so bad, they could be on the cover of the enquirer.

Last edited by maryaok; 01-21-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: go add on.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Reality Orlando's Avatar
Reality Orlando Reality Orlando is offline
Verified Aquaculturalist
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Caylee's bed still has the comforter on it, apparent in the videos of Caylee's room shown on NG tonight. I think KC or CA would have a hard time replacing this comforter if it was missing and with Caylee since it had been discontinued. This "Best Friends" set was a Target exclusive. I can't find it anywhere on the web...except one on ebay. CA could have had two of the comforter or Caylee may have had a Pooh blanket that didn't match this set. I haven't been able to find a blanket that matches the "Best Friends" crib set.
There could have been two blankets. My friend held a baby shower for her daughter a couple years ago and, similiar to a wedding shower, she sent out the items her daughter was going with for decorating the nursery so attendees could purchase items that matched. It was a Winnie the Pooh collection, although I don't recall that much about it. I do know she got several blankets that matched and was grateful so she could switch them out when they needed washing.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-21-2009, 10:56 PM
cocoamom's Avatar
cocoamom cocoamom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
It's interesting that CA made such a point of saying that they changed Caylee's bed/sheets regularly...At the time, many of us discussed that this was an odd comment to make. It's also interesting that she had herself photographed in front of Caylee's bed (fully dressed in Winnie the Pooh sheets) for People magazine. It almost makes one think that was trying to tell KC that she (CA) had taken care of the "missing" sheet/blanket...

I have often felt that a lot of the things that CA was saying in the media was aimed at KC.

Nothing surprises me at this point.

MOO
(GASP)!! PINK! You may be right! Remember in the latest video that was released - jail visit - where KC tells CA "saw you in People Magazine"....maybe KC was letting her know that she understood the message!!! That would mean CA knows - dang it! No way to prove it but fantastic theory!
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cocoamom For This Useful Post:
  #57  
Old 01-21-2009, 10:59 PM
cocoamom's Avatar
cocoamom cocoamom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,005
There also was a pic that I think Coley enlarged from when they were taking evidence from the A house. There was a round, ruffled edged pillow sticking out of the bag. She posted right beside that pic, the pic of CA in Caylee's room sitting by the bed (People Mag shot) and that round pillow was on the bed like a crib bumper or something...

Going to see if I can find it..brb
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cocoamom For This Useful Post:
  #58  
Old 01-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Thinaire's Avatar
Thinaire Thinaire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
I have always thought after the fight Casey left with Caylee..Caylee was crying and upset and Casey used the tape to quiet her,since she could not drive with her in the cars seat with tape on her mouth, she wrapped her in a blanket that was already in the car and put her in the trunk.'
She drove down the road,parked, called Tony and talked..checked on Caylee and she was already gone.
Casey has a black heart.How could she do what she did and laugh and smile? I hope their are fingerprints that NAIL her and she is put away forever.
Caylee was such an innocent.
I hope George and Cindy,are finely able to see the beast they raised for the monster she is.
Bury this Child...
I so agree with this....all of it
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Thinaire's Avatar
Thinaire Thinaire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
IMO, the blanket was part of the crime scene and not a favorite blankie that kc put in with Caylee. Kc is NOT a loving mother at all. Did anyone see the video where kc tries to play with Caylee and Caylee does not want to play with her? Caylee even hits kc?
I have searched for the link, will keep looking and post it.
ITA Passion...I saw that stated on NG tonight and was shaking my head NO!

I think the blanket was simply a way to cover her up and place her in the bag...the heart sticker hit me the same way...a final nasty act by a total sociopath.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-22-2009, 01:40 AM
TravelingBug TravelingBug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,892
We had also commented early on that perhaps the bedding (or some of it) was being washed as much as CA said b/c someone was trying to make it seem as used (in other words the same age) as the rest of the bedding.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:
  #61  
Old 01-22-2009, 02:00 AM
sarahlee1283's Avatar
sarahlee1283 sarahlee1283 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Orlando View Post
There could have been two blankets. My friend held a baby shower for her daughter a couple years ago and, similiar to a wedding shower, she sent out the items her daughter was going with for decorating the nursery so attendees could purchase items that matched. It was a Winnie the Pooh collection, although I don't recall that much about it. I do know she got several blankets that matched and was grateful so she could switch them out when they needed washing.
i wonder if KC ever had a baby shower and if they could pull up the records to see if the blanket was on a past registry
__________________
real eyes.. real lies... realize
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-22-2009, 02:50 AM
Whisperer's Avatar
Whisperer Whisperer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Francisco, Penninsula
Posts: 17,662
The laundry bag pictured is very tiny. It is 30in x 24in. Caylee wore a size 3....very petite....but I still think the comforter and this laundry bag may be too small...

Is this pattern made in twin size? Maybe they had a large pooh blanket that Caylee used in kc's room.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-22-2009, 03:15 AM
gitana1's Avatar
gitana1 gitana1 is online now
Verified Attorney
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 9,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
I always thought it was odd about washing the bedding in CAYLEE's room. If my grandchild was missing, that is the last thing I would think to do!
Also. I hate to write this but........
think of the SIZE of a hamper laundry type bag, (and black trash bag) try to imagine Caylee's body in it while whole, how much room would be left? then think of clothes and misc articles, what size is left for blankie. It wouldn't be very big. It probably wasn't a very big comforter, more like a crib/twin/regular light blanket? IMO
I know it. You want to keep their smell around so you can feel close to them, not wash it away. Perhpas CA is washing away the guilt of raising such a monster?

Also, I remember the conversation bewteen CA and casey in jail in June where CA pointedly asked casey of anyone had a key to the house? Maybe she was thinking of a specific blanket?

Finally, I heard a psych or other sort of analyst on the NG show today theorize that casey killed Caylee and dumped her with her blankie and a heart sticker over her mouth, as if she was simplu putting her baby to bed...for good.
__________________
For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:
  #64  
Old 01-22-2009, 03:29 AM
Unsolved Unsolved is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 321
I'm still looking through Caylee pictures to see any with her holding a "blankie" - this is the closest I've come so far. I cropped KC out (yea) but the possible blanket is so far in the corner I can barely make it out. It might not even be a blanket, let alone a Pooh one LOL:



But when I first noticed it, I thought maybe those one things were bees going to Pooh's "hunny"?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-22-2009, 03:33 AM
Jennerbear's Avatar
Jennerbear Jennerbear is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
I have always thought after the fight Casey left with Caylee..Caylee was crying and upset and Casey used the tape to quiet her,since she could not drive with her in the cars seat with tape on her mouth, she wrapped her in a blanket that was already in the car and put her in the trunk.'
She drove down the road,parked, called Tony and talked..checked on Caylee and she was already gone.
Casey has a black heart.How could she do what she did and laugh and smile? I hope their are fingerprints that NAIL her and she is put away forever.
Caylee was such an innocent.
I hope George and Cindy,are finely able to see the beast they raised for the monster she is.
Bury this Child...
I have always kind of thought that they fought and when they left Caylee cried out for Cindy which sent KC over the edge. But wrong thread for what I think happened.
__________________
...the truth will set you free
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:48 AM
zoey's Avatar
zoey zoey is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennerbear View Post
I have always kind of thought that they fought and when they left Caylee cried out for Cindy which sent KC over the edge. But wrong thread for what I think happened.

thats what I've thought----after the fight--Caylee was siding with Grandma and wanted to stay--since she was collatoral...she got kc....

most of the pooh bedding is Classic Pooh design--they do make different bedding---also sells at Target&JCPthat blanket in the pic could very well be classic pooh.....
__________________
jmo
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-22-2009, 08:09 AM
sleutherontheside's Avatar
sleutherontheside sleutherontheside is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In the sunshine.
Posts: 9,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsolved View Post
I'm still looking through Caylee pictures to see any with her holding a "blankie" - this is the closest I've come so far. I cropped KC out (yea) but the possible blanket is so far in the corner I can barely make it out. It might not even be a blanket, let alone a Pooh one LOL:



But when I first noticed it, I thought maybe those one things were bees going to Pooh's "hunny"?
That's exactly what it looks like. Good catch. Also looks to be a fleece type blanket.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-22-2009, 09:52 AM
sunsetbeach's Avatar
sunsetbeach sunsetbeach is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
It's interesting that CA made such a point of saying that they changed Caylee's bed/sheets regularly...At the time, many of us discussed that this was an odd comment to make. It's also interesting that she had herself photographed in front of Caylee's bed (fully dressed in Winnie the Pooh sheets) for People magazine. It almost makes one think that was trying to tell KC that she (CA) had taken care of the "missing" sheet/blanket...

I have often felt that a lot of the things that CA was saying in the media was aimed at KC.

Nothing surprises me at this point.

MOO
I totally agree with you on this. Who in their right mind changes clean sheets on a bed that is not in use? Something really wrong with this picture and to even tell the public is downright crazy! I think she was sending a message to KC as well. As GA said back in August ... "We are sticking together"
__________________
MOO.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-22-2009, 09:59 AM
alwaysonmymind's Avatar
alwaysonmymind alwaysonmymind is offline
Proud Army Mom
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: By the Lake
Posts: 3,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
I know it. You want to keep their smell around so you can feel close to them, not wash it away. Perhpas CA is washing away the guilt of raising such a monster?

Also, I remember the conversation bewteen CA and casey in jail in June where CA pointedly asked casey of anyone had a key to the house? Maybe she was thinking of a specific blanket?

Finally, I heard a psych or other sort of analyst on the NG show today theorize that casey killed Caylee and dumped her with her blankie and a heart sticker over her mouth, as if she was simplu putting her baby to bed...for good.
RE: Bolded statement. I remember Cindy wondering about something different/strange/out of place/missing at the house. I thought it was in a text to Casey, but can not be sure. I'm also thinking Cindy was referring to the missing Pooh blanket.
__________________
Just striving to be average.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-22-2009, 10:00 AM
sumbunny's Avatar
sumbunny sumbunny is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,278
I noticed the winnie the pooh sets at jc penny also come with a laundry hamper.

Do these type hampers come off the wood holder as well?

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx...arch1Prod=True

If that is the case, did anyone notice on the greta video if there was a hamper in caylee's bedroom?

It seemed she had the complete winnie the pooh set.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-22-2009, 10:04 AM
sumbunny's Avatar
sumbunny sumbunny is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,278
Considering caylee's crib set was probably bought in 2006-do you think JC penny still carried the exact same set to replace?

They currently have a different set of winnie the pooh comforter sets.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-22-2009, 10:57 AM
darlin gal's Avatar
darlin gal darlin gal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: treehouse
Posts: 4,113
It said Winnie the Pooh blanket.

There is a difference between a comforter and a blanket. I am betting it's a Pooh blanket that she slept with in her mom's room or a blanket that Casey kept in the car.

It said laundry hamper bag. I wonder why it didn't state it's color. If it was a Pooh laundry bag wouldn't they have mentioned that? They mentioned the blanket was Pooh.

Didn't I read somewhere that Cindy and Casey stripped a bed and gave the stuff to Baez? My memory is foggy this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-22-2009, 11:02 AM
j10477 j10477 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
It said Winnie the Pooh blanket.

There is a difference between a comforter and a blanket. I am betting it's a Pooh blanket that she slept with in her mom's room or a blanket that Casey kept in the car.

It said laundry hamper bag. I wonder why it didn't state it's color. If it was a Pooh laundry bag wouldn't they have mentioned that? They mentioned the blanket was Pooh.

Didn't I read somewhere that Cindy and Casey stripped a bed and gave the stuff to Baez? My memory is foggy this morning.

In the explanation interviews about the email, reguarding the hairbrush issues she makes a statement, that LE did not even want to strip the bed .
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Jenny60123's Avatar
Jenny60123 Jenny60123 is offline
Just Us for Caylee Marie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: near Chicago
Posts: 600
I don't usually post here as i'm very new, but I had to jump in here. The bedding set she's got is the "classic pooh" collection. I had this same set for my daughter....and I bought it at JCPenny!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Jenny60123's Avatar
Jenny60123 Jenny60123 is offline
Just Us for Caylee Marie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: near Chicago
Posts: 600
I think they do still carry the set, as they did 11 years ago when my daughter was born. It's the same set.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disney axes Winnie-the-Pooh fest Casshew Bizarre and Off-Beat News 0 04-18-2004 10:36 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!