Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Currently Awaiting Trial

Notices

Currently Awaiting Trial Where the suspects are in jail, awaiting the start of the trial


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Drivenon Drivenon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 562
CO - Jason Holley, 22, Colorado Springs, 5 Jan 2009

Jason Holley, is a 22 year old developmentally disabled man missing from his home since January 5, 2009. Police believe a group of young friends took advantage of him because of his challenges, and he is missing.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/holl...lley_home.html

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/37538149.html

http://www.findjasonholley.com/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-31-2009, 08:32 AM
Drivenon Drivenon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 562
Bumping this, I am worried about this young man. According to his family, his mental capacity is closer to a 12 yr old than that of a 22 year old; I cant imagine.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-31-2009, 02:11 PM
MissieMt's Avatar
MissieMt MissieMt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,365
It sounds like you have good reason to be worried Drivenon. We need more information!
I wonder why police have only interviewed one of his friends (who was uncooperative).
__________________
You won't cry for my absence, I know -
You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
Isn't someone missing me?
Evanescence
Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Drivenon Drivenon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 562
Bumping

This is a highly active case. Jason has not been found, there are occurances where people locally have requested that his missing posters be brought down under the guise that he had been found, and he most definately has not.

There have been no credible sightings of Jason since he went missing on January 5, 2009 approximately 10:54 am.

Numerous friends and acquaintances have been interviewed and there have been a few private searches conducted under the radar. No trace.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-23-2009, 06:54 PM
SeriouslySearching's Avatar
SeriouslySearching SeriouslySearching is offline
always. SS~
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 33,460
Awww, this is so sad. I don't understand why they are not pulling out all the stops to try to locate him. WTH?!
__________________
"WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



What I post are my opinions only.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 02-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Drivenon Drivenon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
Awww, this is so sad. I don't understand why they are not pulling out all the stops to try to locate him. WTH?!
They are from what I hear. It is one of those situations where Jason has appeared to vanish without a trace. Given his challenges, the consenus is pretty much 2 scenarios:
foul play
or
someone helped him disappear, he could not have managed it this way without help.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Lovejac's Avatar
Lovejac Lovejac is offline
These boys are my heartstrings!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: State of Disbelief. SC
Posts: 7,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivenon View Post
They are from what I hear. It is one of those situations where Jason has appeared to vanish without a trace. Given his challenges, the consenus is pretty much 2 scenarios:
foul play
or
someone helped him disappear, he could not have managed it this way without help.
Has Soulscape finished all of her charts yet? I haven't seen you guys on his Forensic Astrology thread lately.
__________________
Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Drivenon Drivenon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
Has Soulscape finished all of her charts yet? I haven't seen you guys on his Forensic Astrology thread lately.
Lovejac-
I have been told that the Astrology forum and "general thread" are to maintain their professional distance so to speak.
Trying to figure it out as most, I assume. This is the latest article:


http://************.com/2009/02/24/a...-jason-holley/

I truly hate when really important cases lose their momentum and go cold. I hope that does not happen for Jason and his family.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-25-2009, 07:38 AM
dearmont's Avatar
dearmont dearmont is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 328
When I read the updated information on Jason something caught my attention - Jason liked to play the Texas Hold 'em on MySpace. This may be a significant clue and significant in the disappearance of Tyler Benjamin, missingApr 26, 2008, TUCSON , AZ. Predators at play or coincidence? Just a thought.
__________________
I choose to walk to path less travelled, and that has made all the difference
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-26-2009, 06:40 PM
dearmont's Avatar
dearmont dearmont is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivenon View Post
This is a highly active case. Jason has not been found, there are occurances where people locally have requested that his missing posters be brought down under the guise that he had been found, and he most definately has not.

There have been no credible sightings of Jason since he went missing on January 5, 2009 approximately 10:54 am.

Numerous friends and acquaintances have been interviewed and there have been a few private searches conducted under the radar. No trace.
Drivenon - this was a comment posted on: http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/37389664.html

Was this doscounted as a non-credible tip?

"Posted by: KIM Location: COLORADO SPRINGS on Jan 17, 2009 at 11:29 PM</I>
I MAY HAVE SEEN JASON AROUND 8AM THIS MORNING ON GARDEN OF THE GODS CLOSE TO CENTENNIAL BY THE US BANK SIGN THERE WAS A BOAT PARKED NOT TO FAR FROM THERE. THIS YOUNG MAN HAD ON A BLACK HOODY AND BLUE POLYESTER LOOKING PANTS WITH RED CROCKS.IT LOOKED LIKE HIM IN THE FACE THIS GUY HAD BROWNISH RED WAVY HAIR WITH THE HOODY OVER HIS HEAD BUT THE SIDE AND BANGS OF HIS HAIR CURLED AROUND THE FRONT OF THE HOODY THE REASON WHY HE STUCK OUT TO ME WAS HE HAD THIS HOMEMADE LOOKING SKATEBOARD THAT HE WAS TRYING TO RIDE BUT WHEN HE GOT ON HE KINDA LOST HIS BALANCE LIKE IF HE WASN'T USED TO RIDING ONE OF THESE OR HE WASN'T REAL COORORDINATED. I TRIED TO GO BACK TO FIND HIM BUT HE MUST HAVE WENT BEHIND THE BUILDING"
__________________
I choose to walk to path less travelled, and that has made all the difference
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-27-2009, 12:44 AM
Drivenon Drivenon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 562
Lovejac, I came back at my first availability to answer your post which has since been deleted. Perhaps someone can explain why.

I am in receipt of three posts that were deleted from the astrology thread, which was what my post was based on. Perhaps someone can explain the closure of Jason's thread.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Drivenon Drivenon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmont View Post
Drivenon - this was a comment posted on: http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/37389664.html

Was this doscounted as a non-credible tip?

"Posted by: KIM Location: COLORADO SPRINGS on Jan 17, 2009 at 11:29 PM</I>
I MAY HAVE SEEN JASON AROUND 8AM THIS MORNING ON GARDEN OF THE GODS CLOSE TO CENTENNIAL BY THE US BANK SIGN THERE WAS A BOAT PARKED NOT TO FAR FROM THERE. THIS YOUNG MAN HAD ON A BLACK HOODY AND BLUE POLYESTER LOOKING PANTS WITH RED CROCKS.IT LOOKED LIKE HIM IN THE FACE THIS GUY HAD BROWNISH RED WAVY HAIR WITH THE HOODY OVER HIS HEAD BUT THE SIDE AND BANGS OF HIS HAIR CURLED AROUND THE FRONT OF THE HOODY THE REASON WHY HE STUCK OUT TO ME WAS HE HAD THIS HOMEMADE LOOKING SKATEBOARD THAT HE WAS TRYING TO RIDE BUT WHEN HE GOT ON HE KINDA LOST HIS BALANCE LIKE IF HE WASN'T USED TO RIDING ONE OF THESE OR HE WASN'T REAL COORORDINATED. I TRIED TO GO BACK TO FIND HIM BUT HE MUST HAVE WENT BEHIND THE BUILDING"
Dear Dearmont-
Great find, but based on known information, this was not Jason.
Please keep working on his case, he needs to be found.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-27-2009, 02:35 PM
dearmont's Avatar
dearmont dearmont is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivenon View Post
Dear Dearmont-
Great find, but based on known information, this was not Jason.
Please keep working on his case, he needs to be found.
I may have missed something on all the forums regarding Jason, but can you elaborate on the known information you mention in the context of the 17th Jan sighting not being Jason?
Thanks!
__________________
I choose to walk to path less travelled, and that has made all the difference
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-03-2009, 09:59 PM
dearmont's Avatar
dearmont dearmont is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 328
Any WSr's in the Colorado Springs area willing to search for Jason please PM me? Thanks
__________________
I choose to walk to path less travelled, and that has made all the difference
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-05-2009, 01:31 PM
dreamweaver's Avatar
dreamweaver dreamweaver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 6,100
Jason Holley will only use cabs. How many cab companies in Colorado Springs, Co?
20 or 30?
Jason's mom would know the cab company most often used by Jason.
Could fliers or posters be given to each cab company? To each driver?

What about the area of Garden of Gods? Could that area be saturated with posters?

What about Jason's favorite convenience store? Maybe that owner would let his stores be covered in posters of Jason?

There have been sightings of Jason near a service station. That area should be heavily covered with fliers and posters as well.

I think Jason's school and the students all be given posters. Maybe the school could be contacted and maybe the students would even pass out fliers.

Have all security cameras near the convenience stores and gas station and the Garden of Gods areas been reviewed by police? The tip says Garden of God's area near Centennial, near US Bank. Banks always have security cameras.

Maybe all this has been done.
But it may be time for it to be done again.

Hope this can be helpful. Jason needs to be home.
__________________
God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
Gary Haugen
Source: Founder, International
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Drivenon Drivenon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivenon View Post
Dear Dearmont-
Great find, but based on known information, this was not Jason.
Please keep working on his case, he needs to be found.
sorry, just meant to say that lead was checked out and discounted by LE
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Drivenon Drivenon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
Jason Holley will only use cabs. How many cab companies in Colorado Springs, Co?
20 or 30?
Jason's mom would know the cab company most often used by Jason.
Could fliers or posters be given to each cab company? To each driver?

What about the area of Garden of Gods? Could that area be saturated with posters?

What about Jason's favorite convenience store? Maybe that owner would let his stores be covered in posters of Jason?

There have been sightings of Jason near a service station. That area should be heavily covered with fliers and posters as well.

I think Jason's school and the students all be given posters. Maybe the school could be contacted and maybe the students would even pass out fliers.

Have all security cameras near the convenience stores and gas station and the Garden of Gods areas been reviewed by police? The tip says Garden of God's area near Centennial, near US Bank. Banks always have security cameras.

Maybe all this has been done.
But it may be time for it to be done again.

Hope this can be helpful. Jason needs to be home.
Great ideas, but can you tell me where you heard/read he was sighted by a service station? TIA
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-12-2009, 07:53 PM
dearmont's Avatar
dearmont dearmont is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 328
Bumping for Jason - anyone heard anything??
__________________
I choose to walk to path less travelled, and that has made all the difference
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-14-2009, 12:58 AM
dreamweaver's Avatar
dreamweaver dreamweaver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 6,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmont View Post
Bumping for Jason - anyone heard anything??
---------------------------------------------------
I have not found anything new online.
I check every other day or so.
Not even the website has been updated recently.
__________________
God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
Gary Haugen
Source: Founder, International
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-09-2009, 10:24 AM
GolferChick's Avatar
GolferChick GolferChick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In the shadow of Pikes Peak
Posts: 237
Sad news...Jason's body was found in a canyon just west of Colorado Springs yesterday. LE thinks he may have been killed for his XBox.

Here's a link to the Colorado Springs Gazette article....
http://www.gazette.com/articles/holl...dy-police.html
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GolferChick For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 05-09-2009, 10:32 AM
TripleA's Avatar
TripleA TripleA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,166
Although it is good to see closure for this family, I am so sorry for their loss.
__________________
"The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-09-2009, 10:39 AM
GolferChick's Avatar
GolferChick GolferChick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In the shadow of Pikes Peak
Posts: 237
Here is a map showing the Mt. Cutler trail in Cheyenne Canyon and Garden of the Gods park where there were unconfirmed sightings of Jason.

My heart breaks to think he was lured to the Canyon or abandoned there....

http://www.springsgov.com/units/park.../mncheyc-l.htm
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GolferChick For This Useful Post:
  #23  
Old 05-09-2009, 12:13 PM
dreamweaver's Avatar
dreamweaver dreamweaver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 6,100
Oh my gosh.
I just wrote to the newspaper about why there had not been news lately about Jason Holley. His web site had no new updates from the mom since end of January.
I kept thinking about him and what could have possible happened to him.

RIP Jason Holley. You will be missed by more people than you ever thought.
My prayers for his family.
__________________
God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
Gary Haugen
Source: Founder, International
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-09-2009, 12:16 PM
dreamweaver's Avatar
dreamweaver dreamweaver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 6,100
Jason: Murdered for his xbox.
And by former classmates at his college.
I wondered about them after reading about them and them tricking him out
of his car.
Why do that to him? To anyone, really.
__________________
God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
Gary Haugen
Source: Founder, International
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-17-2010, 08:42 AM
GolferChick's Avatar
GolferChick GolferChick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In the shadow of Pikes Peak
Posts: 237
http://www.gazette.com/articles/life...-teenager.html

Snipped:
A Colorado Springs teenager will spend the rest of his life in prison for killing a developmentally disabled man in what a judge described as a “murder for sport.”

After about two days of deliberation, a seven-woman, five-man jury found Kyle Sebastian Stott, 19, guilty of all counts, in the January 2009 slaying of Jason Holley, whose body was hidden in a ravine near a hiking trail in North Cheyenne Canyon west of Colorado Springs.


RIP Jason. Justice for you and your loved ones.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GolferChick For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CO Emanuel Guzman (23 months) - Colorado Springs CO, 2009 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Missing Children in America - A Profile 1 04-12-2010 02:17 PM
Found Deceased CO - Mary Hucks - 59 years old - Colorado Springs - 22 Feb 2010 summer_breeze Located! Information and Support 2 02-27-2010 09:58 PM
Found Deceased CO - Jaclyn Funderburg, 22, Colorado Springs, July 2007 PrayersForMaura Located Forum Discussion 27 05-04-2009 11:38 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!