Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 01:20 AM
always. SS~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
but ya gotta link your scoop!
But doesn't that take away from the whole idea behind a SCOOP?! If our source IS the link...just sayin...

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:25 AM
WS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
But doesn't that take away from the whole idea behind a SCOOP?! If our source IS the link...just sayin...
LOL the source was the motion.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysmom View Post
"What would make me the most proud -- it sounds corny," he said, "would be to locate who really did it."

Ya think after 15 years (& a civil conviction) he's still looking? I bet he'd say so & say the same thing about KC if given the chance.
Yes amysmom,

It's also very upsetting that anyone could jump on the defense bandwagon will such intentions, especially since this case involves an innocent baby whose mother is accused of her murder.

I can't stomach it.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:38 AM
up at 30,000 feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysmom View Post
"What would make me the most proud -- it sounds corny," he said, "would be to locate who really did it."

Ya think after 15 years (& a civil conviction) he's still looking? I bet he'd say so & say the same thing about KC if given the chance.
When I first saw that line "what would make me the most proud...", I hadn't read the rest of the article, and hadn't noted the date was 1995. LOL I was getting realllllly angry!
Old 02-03-2009, 06:55 AM

Patrick James McKenna - from the OJ Trial

If any of you have any doubts about the fact that reasonable doubt could be created in KC's case - read the following. I'm tellin' ya, as soon as I heard that Dr. Lee was helping out the defense, I immediately became suspicious and then had to resign to the fact that this case might not turn out the way I originally thought it would. Now add Patrick McKenna to the mix, and I definitely think there's gonna be alot of pizzed off people on here. Doesn't anybody remember how racism was brought into the OJ trial? Don't you remember it was all due to the High Profile private investigator? The difference between any regular private investigator and a high profile investigator...is...MONEY! Money can find a whole lot of hidden things...and create reasonable doubt...which I keep beating down! Keep in mind that the OJ trial was a slam dunk case if ever there was one...yet he got off! Why? He got off b/c of his high profile panel of experts, experts in every field needed on his team. Wow! Please read on, the link is supplied. Due to the length of this article, I'm only supplying the chapter related to the PI. Let the rants begin...

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n.../siege_11.html
O. J. SIMPSON
By Thomas L. Jones
Cop Under Siege
Detective Mark Fuhrman became a major target for the defense team when evidence surfaced of his racial attitude over the years he served with the LAPD. Many observers of the trial considered that Judge Ito had seriously erred in allowing the defense to ask the detective whether he had used the word "******" in the previous ten years. By doing so, Ito essentially changed the complexion of the case. The relevance of Fuhrman using a racial epithet within the last ten years really had no bearing whatsoever on the investigation.

Last edited by Patty G; 02-03-2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: only need 10% of the article (copyright)
Old 02-03-2009, 07:13 AM

Why do you need a guy to dig out "ghosts" and phantom agendas if one has a real solid defense? Methinks they don't have one and are looking to put out as many smoke machines and mirrors as possible.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theonly1 View Post
Why do you need a guy to dig out "ghosts" and phantom agendas if one has a real solid defense? Methinks they don't have one and are looking to put out as many smoke machines and mirrors as possible.

ITA!!! This has been the agenda since day (thirty) one and has only gotten worse since Baez became her attorney.
IMO, it all really started with Baez proclaiming to the world that we would understand EVERYTHING once the perp has her day in court. That's a pretty lofty claim, and I'm sure Baez remembers his statement well.
It's all they can do at this point. As the evidence mounts, all the defense can do is discredit, cast doubt, and "dig out ghosts".

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale
Old 02-03-2009, 07:38 AM
a yellowflutterby changed my life : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmMomma View Post

ITA!!! This has been the agenda since day (thirty) one and has only gotten worse since Baez became her attorney.
IMO, it all really started with Baez proclaiming to the world that we would understand EVERYTHING once the perp has her day in court. That's a pretty lofty claim, and I'm sure Baez remembers his statement well.
It's all they can do at this point. As the evidence mounts, all the defense can do is discredit, cast doubt, and "dig out ghosts".
I remember how quiet and somber JB became after Caylee's remains were discovered. IMO his entire plan hinged on LE never finding the body. Now he's trying to come up with plan B,C,D and E.
He's desperate. And Judge Strickland is no Judge Ito,TG!

SPECIAL NEEDS MISSING MAN
JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181822

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
Miss U James
Old 02-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Defying Gravity...

I want to know what mysterious entity is behind the defense getting all of these high-profile names involved on this case, and what their agenda was/is. This is one of the most bizarre cases of defense power build-up I have ever seen... (in regards of not involving someone famous or high-profile)
Old 02-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
No one knew what you were talking about LOL.
I get that alot
Old 02-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJames View Post
I remember how quiet and somber JB became after Caylee's remains were discovered. IMO his entire plan hinged on LE never finding the body. Now he's trying to come up with plan B,C,D and E.
He's desperate. And Judge Strickland is no Judge Ito,TG!
Yes we will be spared the Dancing Ito's!!! TG!

Wonder if this guy won't work on the boyfriends, fusion, other seedy aspects.

Looks like this is going to be a very contested trial. I still don't understand why the Prosecution said "end of year, a year", etc.. Thought they were ready to go.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:17 AM
a yellowflutterby changed my life : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio View Post

Looks like this is going to be a very contested trial. I still don't understand why the Prosecution said "end of year, a year", etc.. Thought they were ready to go.
No doubt he will be working to throw everyone else under the bus. Hopefully Judge Strickland will put limits on what can come in.

SPECIAL NEEDS MISSING MAN
JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181822

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
Miss U James
Old 02-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Genuine Registered User

Quote:

Radio, should we send Judge Strickland a clock now, or wait?

Old 02-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Retired WS Staff

I had to search out Patrick McKenna to make sure he is the same one from the OJ case and now I am satisified he is the same one.

Based on his address and this article ....

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localne...pike_0413.html

Private eye Pat McKenna of West Palm Beach says he unearthed the call at the Florida Highway Patrol earlier this year after he pored over records and tried to track down details for Sanchez's defense.

McKenna is the investigator who discovered the bombshell tapes in the O.J. Simpson murder case of a detective's racial epithets and identified a key defense witness for William Kennedy Smith in his rape case.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Banned

This only furthers my suspicians that theres "someone" funding these well known names. Casey has no money!! then again.......was it actually $ -or- BS that got OJ off ?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law_girl41 View Post
This only furthers my suspicians that theres "someone" funding these well known names. Casey has no money!! then again.......was it actually $ -or- BS that got OJ off ?
One comment here...

I think it was BS!! It started with Gil Garcetti not wanting riots in Los Angeles and happily moving the trial to downtown. It was pretty much downhill from that point on.

EDIT: Someone or a group of someone's is spending some serious money on this case. For a moment rule out the much talked about 'entertainment' deals and just wonder why.... it gets scary, as has been said - Anthony is not a famous person -- so why all this??

Last edited by radio; 02-03-2009 at 08:42 AM. Reason: edit - addition
Old 02-03-2009, 08:42 AM
WS Super Moderator

Another shocking addition to the defense team.... but I still say whoopdeedo. During the OJ case dna evidence was very new and people did not "believe" in it... today it is not the case. While this dude may be able to poke holes with his big, scary stick I do not believe, in my opinion, that he could puncture every single bit of damning evidence against this woman.

Over the weekend I went back and watched all the old hearings and interviews and read a lot of stuff.... this is going to be about the most slam dunk case ever (and I know we all thought that of OJ too....but the we must also keep in mind the advent of forensic testing and also remember the impact the LA riots could have had on the race card at that time...and the dude WAS convicted in civil court...sorry nurse rambling LOL)....

Seeing his name added IS a little bit nerve racking but in light of the great job done by LE...even with a 30 day lag time in following the trail of what happened....I am not really that nervous that this PI can shoot holes in a kevlar boat of a case that the SA is building. He can shoot but he will only leave little pock marks. He won't sink the boat (imhoo of course and respectively stated to all my ws peeps :-)
Old 02-03-2009, 08:53 AM

OMG! Before this case goes to trial, they'll have brought F.Lee Bailey back to this world to join the team! This is disgusting!
If this were me, I would already have had trial and be sitting on death row! Who is Casey Anthony, and why is a baby killer so special?
No wonder Casey and Jose are all smirks and smiles every time they go into a courtroom!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
One comment here...

I think it was BS!! It started with Gil Garcetti not wanting riots in Los Angeles and happily moving the trial to downtown. It was pretty much downhill from that point on.

EDIT: Someone or a group of someone's is spending some serious money on this case. For a moment rule out the much talked about 'entertainment' deals and just wonder why.... it gets scary, as has been said - Anthony is not a famous person -- so why all this??
I think she might have been involved with somebody bigger - somebody that is well known but might not be liked (except in his circle of friends)...This somebody has bigger ties to various entities. Of course, this is jmo. Hmmm.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmop View Post
OMG! Before this case goes to trial, they'll have brought F.Lee Bailey back to this world to join the team! This is disgusting!
If this were me, I would already have had trial and be sitting on death row! Who is Casey Anthony, and why is a baby killer so special?
No wonder Casey and Jose are all smirks and smiles every time they go into a courtroom!
ITA!

She is Public Enemy #1 $$$$$ & JB is Public Enemy #2 $$$$$

"There are two kinds of fools: those who can't change their opinions, and those who won't" ..... Josh Billings
Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmop View Post

Lest we not forget to invite back from eternal rest, Johnny Cochran, as well....."if the mini skirt don't fit, you must acquit".....with all the snacks she's been eating, it WON'T !!!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:06 AM
I'll be your Huckleberry

When he worked for Mr. Black at the William Kennedy Smith rape trial, McKenna immersed himself in the Palm Beach bar scene, probing deep into the background of Mr. Smith's accuser, finding contradictions in her story.

http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/d...7/a02wn012.htm

I guess the fusion crowd better be on the lookout
Old 02-03-2009, 09:11 AM

Not trying to deter from this news, but why haven't we heard about this sooner ?? Why have we been tortured by having to hear about DC and TB trials and tribulations ?? Is this a super secret from the defense....seems they would be flyin this flag with every news conference ??

(Just wishful thinking that maybe this guy abandoned ship)

ETA : What a GREAT find, Drivenon !!! Even though it's got me
Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTinkieGirl View Post
Lest we not forget to invite back from eternal rest, Johnny Cochran, as well....."if the mini skirt don't fit, you must acquit".....with all the snacks she's been eating, it WON'T !!!
LOL!
How could I forget! Sorry Mr. Cochran!
You're right, and I doubt that mini would fit her today!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:13 AM

Plus something else...this country LOVES an underdog. KC comes from a dysfunctional family. What about if her baby died on accident? She was charged with murder. If she's being tried on murder, they can't reduce it to manslaughter. It's alot easier for the prosecution to prove manslaughter, especially when the mother comes from a dysfunctional family and is pretty. It's harder for a jury to come to a conclusion in regards to murder, b/c with murder there's no room for reasonable doubt. If one ounce of evidence can be proven to show reasonable doubt, then all or most evidence could be deemed doubtful. Criminal defense experts can stand to make alot of money. They wouldn't need this money up front b/c they'd make millions after the trial. Heck, it doesn't even matter if she's found guilty, they'll still make tons of money just by showing how thorough they could be, plus all of the interviews, books, movie deals, etc. It's truly sickening. It's very common knowledge that if you want to be a lawyer, and you want to be a wealthy one at that, then go into criminal defense - that's where the money's at. I can see the defense painting a "woe is me" picture of KC's family life, completely filled with dysfunction, then showing that she didn't mean to "kill" her baby...maybe they'll even suggest she gave her a tablespoon of Benadryl instead of a teaspoon, Caylee could have gone into a sleep induced coma (especially if she really was already sick), and then died. Then maybe b/c of KC's upbringing she panicked and hid her body for fear that her mom would paint a bigger picture. This is only speculation, I know that, just giving a different way of looking at it. I can see a jury being sympathetic, especially when you have a panel of experts on the defense...one being married to M. Baden, Dr. Lee being another world reknowned forensic scientist (respected or not is opinion only), and a world class private intestigator in PM. P McKenna is one of the best in his field...he's not some dumb idiot that doesn't know how to work the system --- and if you take into consideration that the OCSO has been filled with multiple indiscretions, drugs, raqueteering, etc over the years (and they can prove that just by using Google), then yes I can see the jury being sympathetic. Just like OJ got off when they showed racism could be involved at a time when racism in L.A. was absolutely disgustingly happening, they could also show how the OCSO really is. I have no beef with the popo, and I do respect them and their jobs, however this might be a case where one bad apple spoils a whole bunch! JMO.
Closed Thread