Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > Haleigh Cummings

Notices

Haleigh Cummings Missing from Satsuma, FL since Feb. 9, 2009. Haleigh was born August 17, 2003. She has blonde hair and brown eyes, her ears are pierced and she has a lazy left eye due to Turner Syndrome.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Blowing out another's candle will not make yours shine brighter!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterrose View Post
The cadaver dogs are searching the panels under homes in the neighborhood.

"They've been in my home," said neighbor James Batchelor. "They've torn it apart. All the buildings out there they've been in them twice."
Good to hear....it's about time they tore some stuff apart trying to find this little one. Also it sure seems like LE is on a mission today!
Old 02-26-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterrose View Post
You know,it's been my thoughts that someone got her either took her in a car to a boat or carried her in a blanket to a boat,but they didnt stay with those boats,look like they've been there for awhile unused.
With this in mind, IMO they should have traveled the river in both directions, and had dogs get in and out of boats parked along the shore line...
If someone kidnapped her and used a boat to move her, chances are they parked the boat on the shorline, and left from there. They wouldn't have, IMO taken the boat out and loaded it while trying to get away with Haileigh. I wonder if they did this at all, they should have!!
Old 02-26-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlurken View Post
why does LE always get it wrong? There should have been cadaver dogs at the house from Day ONE!
they could have had them out day one, but because decomp would have been in early stages the dogs could miss it or the scent could be masked. I think it is normal to do subsequent searches.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Blowing out another's candle will not make yours shine brighter!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
Bumping my own post to see if anyone can answer this!
I for one am not ignoring you!!! I just don't know the answer to your question. I wish I did tho cause it's a good one.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:56 PM

I asked about it and cadaver dogs are looking for signs of decay,so search and recovery was at first.I asked why they wouldn't have at least done that a week in,so there's either been new info or psychological pressure.Just think if someone has set something up,you know the missing is safe,but haven't seen them for three weeks,but all of a sudden you see dogs brought in searching for a dead body.Wow!Also,evidence results would be starting to come in and maybe witnesses have come forward.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimie43 View Post
That dog was hitting on the bowl of water!? I saw him drinking and just thought he was hot and thirsty! lol...
Was that a bowl of water, or was it a well? Looked like it was corogated tin to me. Wells are often made of that.
I agree the dog wasn't hitting on it, but rather drinking from it... I thought it was odd for them to allow the dog to drink from it, considering they don't know what is in it .. looked like a triangular shaped pen with nothing in it..wonder what if anything was in it recently...
Old 02-26-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolype29 View Post
With this in mind, IMO they should have traveled the river in both directions, and had dogs get in and out of boats parked along the shore line...
If someone kidnapped her and used a boat to move her, chances are they parked the boat on the shorline, and left from there. They wouldn't have, IMO taken the boat out and loaded it while trying to get away with Haileigh. I wonder if they did this at all, they should have!!
When I was watching at first,there were boats and searchers all over the place,I'm sure they must have did that.And the reporter last night said searchs are still going on,so we don't know what they have searched.I didn't realize they were tearing the underskirt of people's trailers till I read it in the paper awhile ago.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikid View Post
they could have had them out day one, but because decomp would have been in early stages the dogs could miss it or the scent could be masked. I think it is normal to do subsequent searches.
Of course it's normal. But a dead body starts to decompose immediately. They should have had the cadaver dogs there immediately. That's all I was saying. Inside the house too.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:00 PM

I wonder if they'll have a 3pm presser in light of the search today.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:01 PM

They've had the trailer as a crimescene,I'm sure they've checked it with a fine tooth comb.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Bumping my own post to see if anyone can answer this!
Crime scene trucks are going to collect evidence,even if it was an abduction,they should be there to collect and preserve evidence.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:05 PM

Not sure if we can hear anything here, but this is a link to live news coming out of Central Florida. Mine uses Window's Media Player.
http://www.cfnews13.com/Services/Lis...e/Default.aspx
Old 02-26-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Not sure if we can hear anything here, but this is a link to live news coming out of Central Florida. Mine uses Window's Media Player.
Works great for me-Thanks!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlurken View Post
why does LE always get it wrong? There should have been cadaver dogs at the house from Day ONE!
my thoughts too....

*If* this is the first time cadaver dogs have been used here, LE should be in deep doo-doo......the trailer is a 'crime scene', plus there have been several searches of the neighborhood.

At least cadaver dogs *might* make it clear if LE is looking for a 'live' child...
Old 02-26-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_Dot View Post
my thoughts too....

*If* this is the first time cadaver dogs have been used here, LE should be in deep doo-doo......the trailer is a 'crime scene', plus there have been several searches of the neighborhood.

At least cadaver dogs *might* make it clear if LE is looking for a 'live' child...
On the link posted earlier, the gentleman they interviewed said this isn't the first time they have had dogs all over the area...
Old 02-26-2009, 02:21 PM

Unhappy

Update: The search for Haleigh

February 26, 2009 - 1:43 PM

Police said that in most cases, something is found within half a mile of crime scene on a second search.

The Putnam County Sheriffs Office called in the K9 South unit from Georgia to search and they did bring cadaver dogs. There are seven dogs searching today and 12 dogs plan to be used tomorrow in the search for little Haleigh. The dog handlers refused to speak to media or answer questions.

http://www.cbs12.com/news/search_471...gs_police.html
Old 02-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?

Quote:
These are cadaver dogs too!
I am afraid they will find her little body right under their noses..Just like Caylee.
Yes, and Jessica Lunsford as well ,she was only across road ,buried behind neighbors back porch. (Grrrr..have i mention i hate John Couey?)

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love' . Mother Teresa

Add me on Facebook: annie51467@yahoo.com
Old 02-26-2009, 02:23 PM
always. SS~

Oh, I have no doubt cadaver dogs have been there a few times during the searches in the past two weeks. They don't wait this long when someone is missing to include them. With the FBI being brought in early, they would insure the dogs were on the scene and searching.

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:34 PM

In this video (near 6 min mark) the dog tried many times to pull it's handler towards the woods on the left side of the road but he kept pulling him back..1-2x the dog appeared to be very adamant about it..I don't get why the handler was so adamant about not letting the dog go over in that direction..Did anyone else notice this & do you have a (reasonable) explanation to what was going on? TIA!

http://www.wesh.com/video/18801851/index.html
Old 02-26-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysmom View Post
In this video (near 6 min mark) the dog tried many times to pull it's handler towards the woods on the left side of the road but he kept pulling him back..1-2x the dog appeared to be very adamant about it..I don't get why the handler was so adamant about not letting the dog go over in that direction..Did anyone else notice this & do you have a (reasonable) explanation to what was going on? TIA!

http://www.wesh.com/video/18801851/index.html

I noticed that, too. Why were they just walking down the road, there was nothing to be found there.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniegirl View Post
Yes, and Jessica Lunsford as well ,she was only across road ,buried behind neighbors back porch. (Grrrr..have i mention i hate John Couey?)
It's unbelievable it took so long to find her so close..I recall after the fact there was a lot of flack about this & also that they didn't investigate inside the trailer & the sister (?) more throughly..Was anyone in LE ever reprimanded for what seemed to most of us as an inexcusable screwup?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forensic fan View Post
I noticed that, too. Why were they just walking down the road, there was nothing to be found there.
I felt that way too watching the video, but my guess is that the dog handler's "know" their dogs, and know what there doing. Just glad they are out there looking for Haleigh.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forensic fan View Post
Maybe they were headed to a particular spot? but if the dog was this eager to go some place else it's very to me why his actions were just ignored.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysmom View Post
It's unbelievable it took so long to find her so close..I recall after the fact there was a lot of flack about this & also that they didn't investigate inside the trailer & the sister (?) more throughly..Was anyone in LE ever reprimanded for what seemed to most of us as an inexcusable screwup?
I think it had more to do with the ways the laws were written back then, it was not required for the family member to inform LE that Cuey was a RSO and staying with them. They were not required to allow LE to search their home. Mark has worked very hard to get those laws changed and many of them were with Jessica's law. JMO