Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Archived Cases - Appeals, Books and Updates > Amber Dubois

Notices

Amber Dubois CA- 14 yo student found murdered


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #326  
Old 03-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Sporky's Avatar
Sporky Sporky is offline
The fork is mightier than the spoon.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by RElady View Post
After talking to someone familiar with Cougar Pass, I don't think I had gone in far enough. I will try to go again.
Be careful.
  #327  
Old 03-19-2009, 08:37 PM
soyesterday's Avatar
soyesterday soyesterday is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 1,008
Yes...please be careful there!!!
You guys are so brave...
i could never go search somewhere where a person went missing and try to find clues...
unless i was w/ a big search group....
thankfully, not everyone is as afraid as me....
this case is moving way too slow..
there seem to be no clues at all......
__________________
I sat there for the longest time
after you were gone....
thinking about all things we said.....
and all the things we didn't say...
I wonder if you misunderstood,
cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
to make you stay.
  #328  
Old 03-19-2009, 08:45 PM
RElady's Avatar
RElady RElady is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Escondido/San Marcos, California
Posts: 226
OK gang, I'm going back out there before it gets dark. I hope I find the area Invisible is speaking of.
  #329  
Old 03-19-2009, 09:51 PM
DewSeeker's Avatar
DewSeeker DewSeeker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 150
I would be happy to go up there again if someone wanted to meet up. I couldn't do it tomorrow but maybe saturday. Right past the place invisable was talking about, where the creek goes over the road, is a big spot to park.
  #330  
Old 03-19-2009, 11:34 PM
DewSeeker's Avatar
DewSeeker DewSeeker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 150
Any updates?
  #331  
Old 03-19-2009, 11:35 PM
DewSeeker's Avatar
DewSeeker DewSeeker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 150
How come there has been no new news AT ALL for four days????
  #332  
Old 03-20-2009, 12:01 AM
KaylynnCouture's Avatar
KaylynnCouture KaylynnCouture is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,975
I've been wondering that too, DewSeeker. I really hope that LE or the family releases SOMETHING soon.
__________________
#PrayForMH370
  #333  
Old 03-20-2009, 12:05 AM
KaylynnCouture's Avatar
KaylynnCouture KaylynnCouture is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,975
I checked the website her family has set up for her (http://www.bringamberhome.com/) and it looks like the family has two events planned to raise awareness and money for Ambers fund.

Applebees will donate 15% of your check to the Amber Dubois trust fund and any 13 Applebees locations in the San Diego, Orange, and Riverside counties on March 24th (next Tuesday) from 5-9pm. You must present a flier to your waiter (which you can download and print off of Ambers website)

and a Prayer Day for Amber is being held at local churches on April 5th (which is a Sunday).

So, for all you locals around Ambers area, there's a couple events you may want to check out.

Also, it looks like there are more searches planned for this weekend (the 21 and 22nd)

Praying for Amber.
__________________
#PrayForMH370

Last edited by KaylynnCouture; 03-20-2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Added info.
The Following User Says Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
  #334  
Old 03-20-2009, 09:28 AM
ceejaycee ceejaycee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlady84 View Post
I don't think the screenname is that weird either, especially since the articles have said she likes animals and wolves. Yahoo and other e-mail sites have been around for almost 20 years now, so most of the "plain" screennames are taken up- its hard to come up with a totally unique name.
I don't think she is weird for having chosen the username wolfintheend HOWEVER, how that username would be taken by some of the sick people on the internet is a different story. I cannot even imagine the sort of emails and contacts she would have gotten with that username .. actually I *can* imagine them and it worries me. Normal people, and especially teens would not think "wolf in the end" a sexual thing but sick people (and people who have had to deal with those) can pretty easily see the implications .. and sadly the fetishes, that such a name would call to mind.
I fear for her safety in more ways than one.

moo
  #335  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:48 PM
STEADFAST's Avatar
STEADFAST STEADFAST is offline
"From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class."*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: One word: Cheese Curds
Posts: 9,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/v...dd16a80fdf8c46

This is a test. Above is the link to the photos. I don't know if this will work or not. I hope that it does not show any of my personal info. If it does, then I will delete this post and try to figure something else out.
It doesn't show any of your personal information. But it doesn't show the photos either.
__________________

*Raymond Chandler
  #336  
Old 03-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Invisible Invisible is offline
Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Unknown Zone
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
It doesn't show any of your personal information. But it doesn't show the photos either.
Oh no! Thank you, Steadfast. I need help getting these up here... I am so inept at this. When I go to that web address, I see everything, even my personal info. Weird. Sorry, I will keep working at this. They are not even that exciting.
__________________
Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
  #337  
Old 03-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Invisible Invisible is offline
Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Unknown Zone
Posts: 535
Hope that everyone will be able to see the pics here:

http://cougarpass.shutterfly.com/
__________________
Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Invisible For This Useful Post:
  #338  
Old 03-20-2009, 03:50 PM
ceejaycee ceejaycee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
Hope that everyone will be able to see the pics here:

http://cougarpass.shutterfly.com/
Thank you so much for uploading the pictures. What is that south of the bag and shoe? It is also black.
If you decide to upload more pictures you might decide to go to flickr. It is free and the pictures will not be so small there .. if you upload a larger image it will make its own smaller image of it and then those who look at it can view it at its original size which can sometimes help.
  #339  
Old 03-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Invisible Invisible is offline
Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Unknown Zone
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejaycee View Post
... What is that south of the bag and shoe? It is also black.
I think what you are referring to is a black plastic bag filled with leaves, etc. Thank you for the flikr advice. ( l learned a lot just trying to get these three pics up here. )

I would like to see what is in the canvas bag (Valentine cards ?) , but maybe RELady or DewSeeker can come with me for that.
__________________
Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
  #340  
Old 03-20-2009, 04:59 PM
ceejaycee ceejaycee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
I think what you are referring to is a black plastic bag filled with leaves, etc. Thank you for the flikr advice. ( l learned a lot just trying to get these three pics up here. )

I would like to see what is in the canvas bag (Valentine cards ?) , but maybe RELady or DewSeeker can come with me for that.
And i am sure y'all already know this but to ease my own mind i will say it:

If you DO move things and look in things please wear gloves, try not to touch anything that might obscure a fingerprint, take lots of pictures and do not move things so much that any trace evidence on or around the bag could be lost.

You can give me a DUH now lol

jmo
  #341  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Invisible Invisible is offline
Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Unknown Zone
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejaycee View Post
And i am sure y'all already know this but to ease my own mind i will say it:

If you DO move things and look in things please wear gloves, try not to touch anything that might obscure a fingerprint, take lots of pictures and do not move things so much that any trace evidence on or around the bag could be lost.

You can give me a DUH now lol

jmo
I agree with you...I will be careful. I will say this though, and I have said it before, I wouldn't even be interested in the things in the pics if I had a good description of the kind of shoes Amber had on and what other bags, etc. she might have with her.
__________________
Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
The Following User Says Thank You to Invisible For This Useful Post:
  #342  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Nancy2441's Avatar
Nancy2441 Nancy2441 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: California
Posts: 1,996
This is the video released by the family after Amber had been missing for 2 weeks. At :51 - :52 the camera pans the shoes she is wearing. Since this video was made the week prior to her disappearance, I'm wondering if these are the same shoes she had on they day she went missing.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/category....clipFormat=flv
  #343  
Old 03-20-2009, 07:16 PM
laura08 laura08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy2441 View Post
This is the video released by the family after Amber had been missing for 2 weeks. At :51 - :52 the camera pans the shoes she is wearing. Since this video was made the week prior to her disappearance, I'm wondering if these are the same shoes she had on they day she went missing.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/category....clipFormat=flv
They could be.. here is a description of clothing she was wearing after she went missing
Last seen wearing black pants, black hoodie and black sneakers
  #344  
Old 03-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Invisible Invisible is offline
Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Unknown Zone
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy2441 View Post
This is the video released by the family after Amber had been missing for 2 weeks. At :51 - :52 the camera pans the shoes she is wearing. Since this video was made the week prior to her disappearance, I'm wondering if these are the same shoes she had on they day she went missing.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/category....clipFormat=flv
I looked at the video several times. Sigh. I can't tell if they are the shoes that Amber has on or her cousin, the person taking the video. It looks more like it could be her cousin's shoes. Does anyone else think that too?
__________________
Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
  #345  
Old 03-20-2009, 07:33 PM
ceejaycee ceejaycee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
I looked at the video several times. Sigh. I can't tell if they are the shoes that Amber has on or her cousin, the person taking the video. It looks more like it could be her cousin's shoes. Does anyone else think that too?
Sorry but for some reason the video won't show up for me so i cannot see them. I did try though.
  #346  
Old 03-20-2009, 08:51 PM
soyesterday's Avatar
soyesterday soyesterday is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 1,008
Still nothing, huh???
__________________
I sat there for the longest time
after you were gone....
thinking about all things we said.....
and all the things we didn't say...
I wonder if you misunderstood,
cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
to make you stay.
  #347  
Old 03-20-2009, 08:57 PM
RElady's Avatar
RElady RElady is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Escondido/San Marcos, California
Posts: 226
I was up there yesterday and saw the shoe and bag. I don't think the shoe is the one in the video. The shoes in the video have stitching around the toes and the one in Cougar Pass are slip ons, no stitiching, and looks to be very large.

Sorry we didn't connect today, Invisible, I was washing my car when you pm'd me.
  #348  
Old 03-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Invisible Invisible is offline
Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Unknown Zone
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by RElady View Post
I was up there yesterday and saw the shoe and bag. I don't think the shoe is the one in the video. The shoes in the video have stitching around the toes and the one in Cougar Pass are slip ons, no stitiching, and looks to be very large.

Sorry we didn't connect today, Invisible, I was washing my car when you pm'd me.
Yes, I agree, I don't think the shoe belongs to Amber and it definitely does not appear to be like the shoes in the video.

Amber, where are you, honey?
__________________
Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
  #349  
Old 03-20-2009, 09:39 PM
txsvicki's Avatar
txsvicki txsvicki is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 14,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejaycee View Post
I don't think she is weird for having chosen the username wolfintheend HOWEVER, how that username would be taken by some of the sick people on the internet is a different story. I cannot even imagine the sort of emails and contacts she would have gotten with that username .. actually I *can* imagine them and it worries me. Normal people, and especially teens would not think "wolf in the end" a sexual thing but sick people (and people who have had to deal with those) can pretty easily see the implications .. and sadly the fetishes, that such a name would call to mind.
I fear for her safety in more ways than one.

moo

I agree. The sickos would notice the name right away and see more than was intended. When I first read the user name I thought Wolfin (as in the movie) the end.
  #350  
Old 03-21-2009, 10:23 AM
dimples37398's Avatar
dimples37398 dimples37398 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,069
The only shoes I see in the video are of the person holding the camera, which I believe is her cousin.

Whoever is holding the camera looks down and it shows their shoes, which I am assuming is the cousin.

Kel
__________________
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
amber leanne dubois, missing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA CA - Sheila Ann Lopes, 71, Escondido, Aug 2008 DewSeeker 2000's Missing 3 09-12-2010 03:39 PM
Found Deceased CA - Martha Lopez Perez, 43, Escondido, 13 Dec 2007 hoppyfrog Located Forum Discussion 2 02-17-2008 09:39 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!