Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Archived Cases - Appeals, Books and Updates > Amber Dubois

Notices

Amber Dubois CA- 14 yo student found murdered

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:54 PM
The fork is mightier than the spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RElady View Post
After talking to someone familiar with Cougar Pass, I don't think I had gone in far enough. I will try to go again.
Be careful.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:37 PM

Yes...please be careful there!!!
You guys are so brave...
i could never go search somewhere where a person went missing and try to find clues...
unless i was w/ a big search group....
thankfully, not everyone is as afraid as me....
this case is moving way too slow..
there seem to be no clues at all......
and all the things we didn't say...
I wonder if you misunderstood,
cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
to make you stay.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:45 PM

OK gang, I'm going back out there before it gets dark. I hope I find the area Invisible is speaking of.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:51 PM

I would be happy to go up there again if someone wanted to meet up. I couldn't do it tomorrow but maybe saturday. Right past the place invisable was talking about, where the creek goes over the road, is a big spot to park.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:34 PM

Any updates?
Old 03-19-2009, 11:35 PM

How come there has been no new news AT ALL for four days????
Old 03-20-2009, 12:01 AM

I've been wondering that too, DewSeeker. I really hope that LE or the family releases SOMETHING soon.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:05 AM

I checked the website her family has set up for her (http://www.bringamberhome.com/) and it looks like the family has two events planned to raise awareness and money for Ambers fund.

Applebees will donate 15% of your check to the Amber Dubois trust fund and any 13 Applebees locations in the San Diego, Orange, and Riverside counties on March 24th (next Tuesday) from 5-9pm. You must present a flier to your waiter (which you can download and print off of Ambers website)

and a Prayer Day for Amber is being held at local churches on April 5th (which is a Sunday).

So, for all you locals around Ambers area, there's a couple events you may want to check out.

Also, it looks like there are more searches planned for this weekend (the 21 and 22nd)

Praying for Amber.

Last edited by KaylynnCouture; 03-20-2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Added info.
The Following User Says Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlady84 View Post
I don't think the screenname is that weird either, especially since the articles have said she likes animals and wolves. Yahoo and other e-mail sites have been around for almost 20 years now, so most of the "plain" screennames are taken up- its hard to come up with a totally unique name.
I don't think she is weird for having chosen the username wolfintheend HOWEVER, how that username would be taken by some of the sick people on the internet is a different story. I cannot even imagine the sort of emails and contacts she would have gotten with that username .. actually I *can* imagine them and it worries me. Normal people, and especially teens would not think "wolf in the end" a sexual thing but sick people (and people who have had to deal with those) can pretty easily see the implications .. and sadly the fetishes, that such a name would call to mind.
I fear for her safety in more ways than one.

moo
Old 03-20-2009, 02:48 PM
"From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class."*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/v...dd16a80fdf8c46

This is a test. Above is the link to the photos. I don't know if this will work or not. I hope that it does not show any of my personal info. If it does, then I will delete this post and try to figure something else out.
It doesn't show any of your personal information. But it doesn't show the photos either.

*Raymond Chandler
Old 03-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
It doesn't show any of your personal information. But it doesn't show the photos either.
Oh no! Thank you, Steadfast. I need help getting these up here... I am so inept at this. When I go to that web address, I see everything, even my personal info. Weird. Sorry, I will keep working at this. They are not even that exciting.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:39 PM

Hope that everyone will be able to see the pics here:

http://cougarpass.shutterfly.com/
Old 03-20-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Hope that everyone will be able to see the pics here:

http://cougarpass.shutterfly.com/
Thank you so much for uploading the pictures. What is that south of the bag and shoe? It is also black.
If you decide to upload more pictures you might decide to go to flickr. It is free and the pictures will not be so small there .. if you upload a larger image it will make its own smaller image of it and then those who look at it can view it at its original size which can sometimes help.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejaycee View Post
... What is that south of the bag and shoe? It is also black.
I think what you are referring to is a black plastic bag filled with leaves, etc. Thank you for the flikr advice. ( l learned a lot just trying to get these three pics up here. )

I would like to see what is in the canvas bag (Valentine cards ?) , but maybe RELady or DewSeeker can come with me for that.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I think what you are referring to is a black plastic bag filled with leaves, etc. Thank you for the flikr advice. ( l learned a lot just trying to get these three pics up here. )

I would like to see what is in the canvas bag (Valentine cards ?) , but maybe RELady or DewSeeker can come with me for that.
And i am sure y'all already know this but to ease my own mind i will say it:

If you DO move things and look in things please wear gloves, try not to touch anything that might obscure a fingerprint, take lots of pictures and do not move things so much that any trace evidence on or around the bag could be lost.

You can give me a DUH now lol

jmo
Old 03-20-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
And i am sure y'all already know this but to ease my own mind i will say it:

If you DO move things and look in things please wear gloves, try not to touch anything that might obscure a fingerprint, take lots of pictures and do not move things so much that any trace evidence on or around the bag could be lost.

You can give me a DUH now lol

jmo
I agree with you...I will be careful. I will say this though, and I have said it before, I wouldn't even be interested in the things in the pics if I had a good description of the kind of shoes Amber had on and what other bags, etc. she might have with her.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:26 PM

This is the video released by the family after Amber had been missing for 2 weeks. At :51 - :52 the camera pans the shoes she is wearing. Since this video was made the week prior to her disappearance, I'm wondering if these are the same shoes she had on they day she went missing.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/category....clipFormat=flv
Old 03-20-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy2441 View Post
This is the video released by the family after Amber had been missing for 2 weeks. At :51 - :52 the camera pans the shoes she is wearing. Since this video was made the week prior to her disappearance, I'm wondering if these are the same shoes she had on they day she went missing.

They could be.. here is a description of clothing she was wearing after she went missing
Last seen wearing black pants, black hoodie and black sneakers
Old 03-20-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy2441 View Post

I looked at the video several times. Sigh. I can't tell if they are the shoes that Amber has on or her cousin, the person taking the video. It looks more like it could be her cousin's shoes. Does anyone else think that too?
Old 03-20-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
I looked at the video several times. Sigh. I can't tell if they are the shoes that Amber has on or her cousin, the person taking the video. It looks more like it could be her cousin's shoes. Does anyone else think that too?
Sorry but for some reason the video won't show up for me so i cannot see them. I did try though.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:51 PM

Still nothing, huh???
and all the things we didn't say...
I wonder if you misunderstood,
cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
to make you stay.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:57 PM

I was up there yesterday and saw the shoe and bag. I don't think the shoe is the one in the video. The shoes in the video have stitching around the toes and the one in Cougar Pass are slip ons, no stitiching, and looks to be very large.

Sorry we didn't connect today, Invisible, I was washing my car when you pm'd me.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RElady View Post
I was up there yesterday and saw the shoe and bag. I don't think the shoe is the one in the video. The shoes in the video have stitching around the toes and the one in Cougar Pass are slip ons, no stitiching, and looks to be very large.

Sorry we didn't connect today, Invisible, I was washing my car when you pm'd me.
Yes, I agree, I don't think the shoe belongs to Amber and it definitely does not appear to be like the shoes in the video.

Amber, where are you, honey?
Old 03-20-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I don't think she is weird for having chosen the username wolfintheend HOWEVER, how that username would be taken by some of the sick people on the internet is a different story. I cannot even imagine the sort of emails and contacts she would have gotten with that username .. actually I *can* imagine them and it worries me. Normal people, and especially teens would not think "wolf in the end" a sexual thing but sick people (and people who have had to deal with those) can pretty easily see the implications .. and sadly the fetishes, that such a name would call to mind.
I fear for her safety in more ways than one.

moo

I agree. The sickos would notice the name right away and see more than was intended. When I first read the user name I thought Wolfin (as in the movie) the end.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:23 AM

The only shoes I see in the video are of the person holding the camera, which I believe is her cousin.

Whoever is holding the camera looks down and it shows their shoes, which I am assuming is the cousin.

Kel