Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:01 AM

I agree Jolyanna. ..my first thoughts when I read this were...

How do I look?
Who can I say did this?..some other dude did it ..not me
How can I prove soddi not me?
How do I look?
Mom never was there for me.
I dont trust CA or GA only baez.
How do I look?
Can I have a candy bar?
Can I get a mirror so I can see the back of my hair?
How do I look?
Caylee was a nice child..wish she wasn't so much work.
How do I look?
Wonder when the attorneys will be here?
Hope the nice guard is here tonite.
How do I look?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pferrin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2009, 12:42 AM
compassion and empathy -do not push it

What i wonder

i wonder if at the time jessica lunsford was missing and then found -rip- if casey ever talked to anyone of how it must have been for lunsford family. trying to think if she had any emotions of a child missing, hurt, dead. there have been many cases in fl and areas i can not imagine her not talking about this as at time she would have been not in this mess. if we only knew her train of thoughts before she had a child in this case she is part of now. i wonder who she was before she became the casey case in her heart, soul and thoughts. in jail she is probably thinking - as she said out loud -this can not be happening!!by now she knows it is!! she must have talked about other case such as jesica . right???
The Following User Says Thank You to littlemisslegal For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2009, 02:04 AM
'wild rose country...'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai-yen View Post
Casey is probably plotting and planning. She is plotting and planning how she's going to create a workable life in jail, how she can manipulate the environment to get what she wants. I don't think she minds being in jail. No responsibilities. She doesn't have to make decisions about anything. She doesn't have to find a job. Her medical needs will be met. She doesn't have to do anything but read, eat and write letters. If she was given a TV, radio and occasional access to the Internet, she would probably be content for the rest of her life.

And by this, I'm not saying prison is a pleasant place but some people adapt to it very well. She will adapt.

~Jai Yen
..from what i have followed on this case, and kc:

..i have to disagree that kc would be content in jail if given tv, radio and internet access.

..prior to being in jail--------she already HAD a life with : no job, no responsibilities, her food/clothing/etc needs were met ( with stolen money, but still met..)etc...and, had radio,tv,internet..

..in jail: she can't go out to a club for the night------to a 'no-clothes' party , have a sleep over at a friends place/ a boy friends place ---have breakfast in the morning------------ALL of the above without caylee.

..i don't think that she is the type to adapt to prison life at all------she's busy with her defense, putting together a plan to throw who ever is convenient under the bus so she can go free.

..and if free--------she'll party the night away at fusion, before ever remembering to go visit caylee's grave.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:50 AM

I agree that she is still as selfabsorbed as ever before but she feels the walls closing in on her. Still trying to stay as "normal" as possible (smiling and grinning no matter how weird it seems to us REAL normal people is her idea of keeping it together). All the while trying to "lie like you mean it."
Old 08-13-2009, 06:35 AM

My guess is that she has learned how to do some time by now, even in a jail there are routines, schuedules, favorite guards, and yes commisary orders to fill out and wait for. I wish there was more suffering involved, but I am afraid Casey can mentally direct her thoughts pretty well (example, she sees the coverage of remains being found, gets upset, says this can't be happening and proceeds to a conversation on football with the female guard). I'm not saying it's been or going to be a cake walk, but she'll adapt...she has to, she's going to be on lock down for a loooooong time !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2009, 11:25 AM
All the darkness in the world cannot put out a single candle

I think she is spending time believing her lies and is indignant that others do not.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KenoshaKid For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2009, 12:00 PM
If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenoshaKid View Post
I think she is spending time believing her lies and is indignant that others do not.

Couldn't agree more . . . .

Old 08-13-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemisslegal View Post
i wonder if at the time jessica lunsford was missing and then found -rip- if casey ever talked to anyone of how it must have been for lunsford family. trying to think if she had any emotions of a child missing, hurt, dead. there have been many cases in fl and areas i can not imagine her not talking about this as at time she would have been not in this mess. if we only knew her train of thoughts before she had a child in this case she is part of now. i wonder who she was before she became the casey case in her heart, soul and thoughts. in jail she is probably thinking - as she said out loud -this can not be happening!!by now she knows it is!! she must have talked about other case such as jesica . right???
I know Cindy followed Trenton Duckett's case. Cindy was excited when Josh came to see her and knew all about his circumstances.

One of the interesting things Cindy did was use the same arguments as online posters posting about Trenton's case to rationalize why Casey, like Melinda (Trenton's mother), didn't cooperate with LE. Cindy's saying that, "Casey couldn't tell the truth about where she last saw Caylee because that would endanger Caylee" is word for word online speculation about why Melinda would choose to shoot herself instead of say where she was the weekend Trenton disappeared.

I've always thought Cindy had read that reasoning online before and remembered that there were people that thought it was a possibility.

JMO

Last edited by Jolynna; 08-13-2009 at 01:15 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jolynna For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2009, 01:39 PM
self timeout

Personally, I couldn't care about what KC is feeling while she is secluded from others and being watched 24/7.

It is what she is not feeling. Feeling what should be the beginnings of her life as a young adult. Having relationships with members of society who follow the rules. And so much more that most of us have or are experiencing in life's daily challenges.

Not feeling the touch and love from Caylee. Not having a physical and loving relationship with a man who would have loved her and Caylee.

All because she hated CA more than she loved Caylee. Gotta give SP credit for this one.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to countzero For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2009, 03:01 PM
"We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass

KC is probably thinking that darn shamrock ain't working!!

Lost my daughter!
Lost my car!
Lost my phone!
Lost all info on my kidnapping nanny and her family!
Lost my boyfriend!
Lost my job as a Shot Girl!
Lost LE's help in proving my BS story! Now they are trying to blame me!
Lost my former co-workers who could prove I really am an Event Planner!!
Lost all my friends!
My life has been taken from MEEEEEEEEE ! ! !

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2009, 03:13 PM
My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.

Yes. I also think when she cries she is crying for HERSELF. I also agree that she can easily adapt to any situation which is sad because she will never suffer for what she did to Caylee. Gosh I just can't imagine being her at all.
essies is there a transcript of that secret tape in the police car?
Old 08-13-2009, 03:18 PM
"We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonders View Post
Yes. I also think when she cries she is crying for HERSELF. I also agree that she can easily adapt to any situation which is sad because she will never suffer for what she did to Caylee. Gosh I just can't imagine being her at all.
NOT THAT I KNOW OF - BUT THERE IS A PART 2!!

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.
The Following User Says Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2009, 03:50 PM
How does it feel to be a liar with pants constantly on fire?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonders View Post
Errr. I almost said there was a transcript of that released in the latest dump but I think it was in the room where she was wondering if there were cameras, not inside the car. Much help I am

Well here's that transcript just in case http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20224622/detail.html

I do remember a websleuther posting a version of the car conversation, let me see if I can find that.

Last edited by Patty G; 08-14-2009 at 09:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Reagan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2009, 04:04 PM

Thank you essies. I am having a hard time hearing what is being said.
Thank you Reagan. I have read the one you posted. I will the other if you are able to find it.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:21 PM
How does it feel to be a liar with pants constantly on fire?!

I'll keep trying for ya wonders. Hopefully someone can help me out too, because I'm still not so great at the search feature here, but I do remember it clearly.. so it's out there somewhere hehe.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:39 PM

Thank you Reagan.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:53 PM

I think she is writing to the knuckleheads who are financing her commisary account. She starts off telling each one how special he is, how much he means to her, and how he is her only "one". Then she moves on to the "letter sex". Then comes the one, two punch...... keep the money coming so she can keep up her beauty regimen for the day she is released and they can meet. Suckers!! moo
Old 08-14-2009, 01:03 AM
Banned

The secret tapes on the way to jail :

She is chastising the police department for not issuing an Amber Alert for Caylee, despite them saying they are looking for a live child. She has read up on the criteria for the Amber Alert and they were all met. Failure to issue the Amber Alert is what has angered CA. Other people have lied and nothing has happened to them. For these reasons, KC, for the first time in her nineteen years of living in the community, is disappointed in LE. (she emphasized nineteen - ooo).

She tries to get a handle on what LE is thinking when she says "if there is no hope. . . I mean no doubt. . .sheesh, that Caylee is alive. . . why is there no Amber Alert?" in other words, "if these guys really think she is alive, I am on easy street".

Happy asks if there was flooding in their neck of the woods (the A's) and KC is sssilent. However, there is one part that is funny, "Oh, Happy, you came. I asked for you and you came. You're so Happy! You listen to me when no one else will. Hey, don't talk to that other woman, pay attention to me, look my hand cuffs are too tight, my hands are numb. Happy? Do I have your attention again? Oh good." (complete fabrication by me, but the gist of the manipulation).

She never stops scheming. Never.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DotsEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoslayer View Post
I won't do a poll because there's so many possibilities.

What do you think is going through her mind? Seriously.

I know alot of us like to bash her, but all judgement aside -
What is she thinking?
Is she planning her defense?
Is she feeling regret?
Do you think she ever thinks about Caylee?
Do you think she understands the gravity of her actions?
Does she think about her family?
Is she writing them apology letters?
Does she have trouble sleeping?
Good thread and interesting questions...............

First and foremost, I think Casey fully understands the gravity of her actions. The fact that she lied in an attempt to cover up what she had done, and tried to blame Caylee's disappearance on an imaginary babysitter, illustrates that she understood her actions were terribly wrong and that if she owned up to those actions she'd be in a lot of trouble.

As far as regrets go, I don't think Casey is capable of thinking in terms of regret for anyone other than herself. The world revolves around herself and she regrets that she isn't able to live a life filled with endless parties, cell phone calls, and texting with her friends. I doubt she has any regrets about the pain and suffering of Caylee or the grief of her parents and family.

As far as planning her defense, I don't think she's thought much beyond blaming someone else for Caylee's death. I wouldn't be surprised if JB has told her that he will get her acquitted and she believes it, leaving her defense in the hands of JB and the rest of the team.

While we don't know what the relationship is at the present time between Casey and her immediate family, I suspect that she isn't happy with them. In the videos of the jailhouse visits and the telephone call home, Casey was clearly angry with her parents. I've felt for a long time that the reason the family isn't visiting Casey at the jail, is because Casey has refused their visits. During court appearances, she's barely acknowledged her parents presence, and in one appearance she ignored them completely.

It's impossible to know what her thoughts are, but I believe she lives for the moment.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 04:11 AM
Registered User of Time

Do you get the feeling after listening to Casey in the secretly taped police car that she will never feel guilty?

She makes me sick with her trying to sound like an decent citizen of Orlando for 19 yrs. Give me a break, you lying, thieving criminal. No amber alert, she complains, when she never actually ever reported her daughter missing. It waS 31 days later, and all anyone had to go on was a bunch of her lies.

What's she feeling sitting in jail? Not ashamed, not remorse, not sorrow over Caylee, not horror that she's done so much harm to her family and friends.

She thinks in silly myspace blurps. She thinks in death images with hearts and ballons. Her wisdom is "Everybody lies. Everybody dies."

I hope she feels the black cloud hammer of doom hanging over her head because it will all come down on her eventually.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 06:26 AM
Inactive

I just spent over a month in the hospital, and while I was laying there, I would sometimes think about this whole case. Sometimes I compared my time in an "institution' (hospital) to KC's (jail)... Not the same thing I know, but still, similar in some respects.

The deadening boredom, the petty little things that made up the day's routine, the wish for freedom to get out and go about life as usual...the annoying stuff... the stupid clothes I had to wear, the lack of privacy, the being ordered around, the horrible food..the lack of phones, TV, internet.. not even much for books to read, and just nothing to DO.

One month and I was nearly out of my mind .. I felt I would have given all I owned to just get out of there and go home.. failing that any visitor .. my worst enemy!! would have been welcome, I would have loved to seen anyone, even though I did have visitors, I would have loved to have had more..

KC has been in a jail now for over a year.. and could have had plenty of visits, but refuses them apparently. And doesn't seem to be climbing the walls from boredom and such. At least I could move around the hospital a little as I grew stronger, but she is confined to that little cell all day, with maybe an hour out to shower and such like.

Considering her youth, her former pretty hectic party-type life, and her apparent lack of inner resources, I am baffled as to how she manages to stay reasonably together, over this length of time, if it was so hard for me in just one month.

What can she be thinking as day follows day? What keeps her sane ? Does she have some elaborate fantasy world that wasn't available to me? Some form of 'work' or 'recreation' to hold her attention, while I did not?

I only know I couldn't have lasted over a year as she has done. There must be something else going on here that I just don't understand.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to snow_walker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 10:05 AM

Like Scott Peterson, sorry he got caught. Why didn't he just get a divorce. So sure his lawyer would get him off. Full support from his parents.

Casey had the option to hand Caylee over to Cindy. She said as much to LE when they called her on her lies. She too is counting on Baez to get her off. Her parents still support her.

She isn't confessing because she can't. She killed her daughter. Just like with Laci we may never know exactly how.
The Following User Says Thank You to strach304 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferrin View Post
I agree Jolyanna. ..my first thoughts when I read this were...

How do I look?
Who can I say did this?..some other dude did it ..not me
How can I prove soddi not me?
How do I look?
Mom never was there for me.
I dont trust CA or GA only baez.
How do I look?
Can I have a candy bar?
Can I get a mirror so I can see the back of my hair?
How do I look?
Caylee was a nice child..wish she wasn't so much work.
How do I look?
Wonder when the attorneys will be here?
Hope the nice guard is here tonite.
How do I look?
Great post!

I wonder who will play ME in the made-for-TV move.
She better be a 10 with perfect teeth.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jon_burrows For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_walker View Post
I just spent over a month in the hospital, and while I was laying there, I would sometimes think about this whole case. Sometimes I compared my time in an "institution' (hospital) to KC's (jail)... Not the same thing I know, but still, similar in some respects.

The deadening boredom, the petty little things that made up the day's routine, the wish for freedom to get out and go about life as usual...the annoying stuff... the stupid clothes I had to wear, the lack of privacy, the being ordered around, the horrible food..the lack of phones, TV, internet.. not even much for books to read, and just nothing to DO.

One month and I was nearly out of my mind .. I felt I would have given all I owned to just get out of there and go home.. failing that any visitor .. my worst enemy!! would have been welcome, I would have loved to seen anyone, even though I did have visitors, I would have loved to have had more..

KC has been in a jail now for over a year.. and could have had plenty of visits, but refuses them apparently. And doesn't seem to be climbing the walls from boredom and such. At least I could move around the hospital a little as I grew stronger, but she is confined to that little cell all day, with maybe an hour out to shower and such like.

Considering her youth, her former pretty hectic party-type life, and her apparent lack of inner resources, I am baffled as to how she manages to stay reasonably together, over this length of time, if it was so hard for me in just one month.

What can she be thinking as day follows day? What keeps her sane ? Does she have some elaborate fantasy world that wasn't available to me? Some form of 'work' or 'recreation' to hold her attention, while I did not?

I only know I couldn't have lasted over a year as she has done. There must be something else going on here that I just don't understand.

I think KC is a bit of a sloth.

You probably would not have been happy sitting around in your parent's house all day, month after month after month when you were in your early 20's. Or spending all of your "dates" sitting around watching television. You probably like being busy and probably drive further than a block away from your home.

While it looks like people let loose at the parties KC attended, KC didn't have much of a life on a day to day basis. She didn't have a job. She didn't belong to anything, go to church or even take Caylee to the park and sit on a bench talking to other mothers regularly. She seems chained to her phone and computer.

KC is good at compartmentalizing. When she was living her beautiful life she was able to shut out thoughts about Caylee's final moments. She was NOT into self-flagellating. KC could barely tear herself away from worrying about where her relationship with Tony "was going" long enough to dispose of Caylee's body.

There was no remorseful sitting around after stealing from her dying grandfather. KC had phone calls to make. KC didn't beat herself up after killing Caylee, either. She called and talked to her parents on the day she killed Caylee. She talked to Tony and shopped for videos on the day she killed Caylee.

Just like KC said in her diary of days:

Hold your head high.

Smile.

Laugh.

Love unconditionally.

Tomorrow is a brand new day

I think KC is going to be able to read, answer her fan mail and dream about her fans the way she used to fritter away her days texting, instant messaging, talking on the phone and daydreaming about her boy of the moment.

She'll have her mirror, more makeup, books, fan letters, lawyers, fans, prison guards and relationships with other prisoners to take the place of her old admirers.

She'll have shrines in her cell and talk about Caylee anytime mention of Caylee will get her something. KC won't feel a twinge. Just like she was able to say Caylee was having a fun time with Zanny knowing full well what was left of Caylee had just dripped out all over her car trunk...KC will be able to move past what she did that brought about her life circumstances.

In KC's world other people exist to be used. The place where KC is going is full of like-minded individuals. KC will fit in. But, she'll have to stay on her toes. I predict she won't be bored.

IMO

Last edited by Jolynna; 08-14-2009 at 02:09 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jolynna For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 03:02 PM

She better be on the floor doing some exercises !
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to karenmamo For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread