Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > Haleigh Cummings

Notices

Haleigh Cummings Missing from Satsuma, FL since Feb. 9, 2009. Haleigh was born August 17, 2003. She has blonde hair and brown eyes, her ears are pierced and she has a lazy left eye due to Turner Syndrome.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-18-2009, 12:33 AM
Salem's Avatar
Salem Salem is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 27,268
DSnodgrass Attempted Donations

DSnodgrass attempted to donate chairs and desks to the new Haleigh center in Putnam County according to First Coast News: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/f...134030&catid=4

I am shocked to read this. This is about the 4th or 5th thing I have read today that appeared to have something to do with this SSO. However, this is the first OFFICIAL thing I have read. But I find it interesting that his description has come up so many times today and then I actually see an article about his attempting to donate to the center.

Salem

Last edited by Salem; 03-18-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 03-18-2009, 12:36 AM
Salem's Avatar
Salem Salem is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 27,268
What is it they say about the perp standing around to watch the fire or enmeshing themselves in the search or with the family of the victim some how? That was how the real estate man got fingered in the McCann case. And that was based on some perp's actions in England a few years prior.

This just kind of takes my breath away. Would he dare?

Salem
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 03-18-2009, 12:43 AM
TopGunner's Avatar
TopGunner TopGunner is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East Coast
Posts: 5,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem View Post
What is it they say about the perp standing around to watch the fire or enmeshing themselves in the search or with the family of the victime some how? That was how the real estate man got fingered in the McCann case. And that was based on some perp's actions in England a few years prior.

This just kind of takes my breath away. Would he dare?

Salem

Whoa..........you think?
__________________
Check out updated daily: Tricia's Tidbits

Some days I feel like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind....

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TopGunner For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 03-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Salem's Avatar
Salem Salem is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 27,268
I don't know! I'm shocked! Completely! And LE appears to just be blowing it off????? WTH????!!!

Salem
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 03-18-2009, 01:19 AM
Jholi's Avatar
Jholi Jholi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 515
Most creepy indeed.

Apparently, he was wearing a gps monitor/thingie when Haleigh went missing. I don't know anything about them, though.

How foolproof are they?

LE said his showed he wasn't near Haleigh's house.

But that doesn't mean she wasn't wherever he was. Maybe he got cocky today because he thought he was cleared.
__________________
"Lead:" A "rumor" worthy of being followed.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jholi For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 03-18-2009, 01:29 AM
scandi's Avatar
scandi scandi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: portland, Ore
Posts: 18,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem View Post
I don't know! I'm shocked! Completely! And LE appears to just be blowing it off????? WTH????!!!

Salem


Hi Salem, I am really a novice at predator crimes because most of what I have studied ended up being family related or someone who knew the family.

But looking at him going there today made me wonder if SO's have similar type habits as predators who commit different types of crimes.

They go back to the scene or disposal site to relive the crime.

They often take a token to keep the victim alive in their mind.

I have never studied this kind of psychology. If this 'unicycle' man is the perp maybe it gave him power to be among her family after what he had unknowingly taken from them. In his mind he might be almost incognito as he is not classified and maybe even thinks he can beat his case.

If he is not the perp I could see him going there to pretend he is the perp. To see the phenom of what happens when a young girl is taken, imagine himself having had the opportunity, and looking at her pictures there, what he would have done with her. And he might get pleasure in doing that.

Just a thought, and I hope you don't think I've gone Billy Bonkers. It was so unreal what he did today. The audacity of it. And that to me is scarry, a sexual perv with both kinds of b*l*s. He could be a very dangerous man IMO.

Of course, like I said it is all conjecture as I know nothing about how their mind works. One thing I do know tho is that this guy is a pedophile, and it is incurable. Once a pedo, always a pedo for life. xox IMO
Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 03-18-2009, 01:40 AM
scandi's Avatar
scandi scandi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: portland, Ore
Posts: 18,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jholi View Post
Most creepy indeed.

Apparently, he was wearing a gps monitor/thingie when Haleigh went missing. I don't know anything about them, though.

How foolproof are they?

LE said his showed he wasn't near Haleigh's house.

But that doesn't mean she wasn't wherever he was. Maybe he got cocky today because he thought he was cleared.
Hi Jholi, Your last sentence could be so true.

Earlier tonight I read a post about that GPS unit he wears, that he could even go out of state with it. I wish I knew which poster wrote that.

I supposeLE would use that 8 hour window to see where he was geographically for the 9th, eh?

I wonder if LE would just say that to get the guy to relax and mess up, kind of like he did today by going there. LE didn't say tho that he is cleared!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 03-18-2009, 01:46 AM
Salem's Avatar
Salem Salem is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 27,268
Jholi - I agree it does not mean Haleigh was not where he was. Where was that van? And why is there a blanket in it? Were the children taken somewhere after dinner when Ggma Skyles last saw them?

Scandi - you thought about this a lot harder than I did LOL. All I could think was it sounded so much like the guy in England that snatched the two girls and then got himself involved with the families and the investigation. It was because of the him that the reporter turned Murrat in, in the Maddie case. The reporter said Murrat acted just like the other guy because Murrat was acting as an interpreter and involving himself in the investigation.

Now here comes this alleged SO, ankle bracelet and all, and offers to donate things to the search effort????? I'm glad Regan went to his house and I hope he looked around some.

I think LE needs to do another search of the Snodgrass's entire property! and then maybe a 3rd one. They should use the dogs and check his car also. Maybe the guy felt like he was going down anyway so there was no longer any need to restrain himself.

This is creepy! What alleged SO, in their right mind, would do such a thing? Okay, Okay - what SO is ever in a "right mind"?

Salem
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 03-18-2009, 01:55 AM
scandi's Avatar
scandi scandi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: portland, Ore
Posts: 18,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem View Post
Jholi - I agree it does not mean Haleigh was not where he was. Where was that van? And why is there a blanket in it? Were the children taken somewhere after dinner when Ggma Skyles last saw them?

Scandi - you thought about this a lot harder than I did LOL. All I could think was it sounded so much like the guy in England that snatched the two girls and then got himself involved with the families and the investigation. It was because of the him that the reporter turned Murrat in, in the Maddie case. The reporter said Murrat acted just like the other guy because Murrat was acting as an interpreter and involving himself in the investigation.

Now here comes this alleged SO, ankle bracelet and all, and offers to donate things to the search effort????? I'm glad Regan went to his house and I hope he looked around some.

I think LE needs to do another search of the Snodgrass's entire property! and then maybe a 3rd one. They should use the dogs and check his car also. Maybe the guy felt like he was going down anyway so there was no longer any need to restrain himself.

This is creepy! What alleged SO, in their right mind, would do such a thing? Okay, Okay - what SO is ever in a "right mind"?

Salem
It is totally bizare I agree.

He would know his bracelet would nail him. So if he did this he had to have someone help him.

Somewhere living in Satsuma I believe there are two SO's living together, and I think it is either this DS or the other one. xox

Last edited by Tom'sGirl; 03-18-2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: PM
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 03-18-2009, 02:39 AM
SuziQ SuziQ is offline
Semper Fi
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33,680
Sadly this is common. Some predators, like the one who stood beside Mark Klaas claim to what to make ammends for their previous crimes. Whether that is true is doubtful. It sure is a good example on how ineffective GPS monitoring is. I mean the bracelet wouldn't alert to a crime being commited, and unless LE is called I don't think they check every single place the GPS shows he's been.

IMO, he doesn't have anything to do with Haleigh and LE is on the right track in leaning hard on Misty.

Last edited by SuziQ; 03-18-2009 at 02:40 AM. Reason: add
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 03-18-2009, 02:52 AM
scandi's Avatar
scandi scandi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: portland, Ore
Posts: 18,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
Sadly this is common. Some predators, like the one who stood beside Mark Klaas claim to what to make ammends for their previous crimes. Whether that is true is doubtful. It sure is a good example on how ineffective GPS monitoring is. I mean the bracelet wouldn't alert to a crime being commited, and unless LE is called I don't think they check every single place the GPS shows he's been.

IMO, he doesn't have anything to do with Haleigh and LE is on the right track in leaning hard on Misty.
Hi SuziQ, That has always been at the top of my list. 'Uni' had seen Haleigh on his own turf, so that was HUGE to me.

I think it was accidental due to negligence, but someone had to help her take Haleigh away, and that is the big question now IMO.

xox
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 03-18-2009, 03:13 AM
Donjeta's Avatar
Donjeta Donjeta is online now
Adji Desir, missing from Florida since January 2009
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,269
Wow, that's totally creepy whether he's involved or not. I hope the LE and the PI look at him very closely.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 03-18-2009, 03:30 AM
tfrohning's Avatar
tfrohning tfrohning is offline
Rest in Peace
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandi View Post
Hi Salem, I am really a novice at predator crimes because most of what I have studied ended up being family related or someone who knew the family.

But looking at him going there today made me wonder if SO's have similar type habits as predators who commit different types of crimes.

They go back to the scene or disposal site to relive the crime.

They often take a token to keep the victim alive in their mind.

I have never studied this kind of psychology. If this 'unicycle' man is the perp maybe it gave him power to be among her family after what he had unknowingly taken from them. In his mind he might be almost incognito as he is not classified and maybe even thinks he can beat his case.

If he is not the perp I could see him going there to pretend he is the perp. To see the phenom of what happens when a young girl is taken, imagine himself having had the opportunity, and looking at her pictures there, what he would have done with her. And he might get pleasure in doing that.

Just a thought, and I hope you don't think I've gone Billy Bonkers. It was so unreal what he did today. The audacity of it. And that to me is scarry, a sexual perv with both kinds of b*l*s. He could be a very dangerous man IMO.

Of course, like I said it is all conjecture as I know nothing about how their mind works. One thing I do know tho is that this guy is a pedophile, and it is incurable. Once a pedo, always a pedo for life. xox IMO
Yes, and think he was so bold to go to Haleighbug. He could be posting right
under our nose and we wouldn't know.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tfrohning For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 03-18-2009, 03:36 AM
tfrohning's Avatar
tfrohning tfrohning is offline
Rest in Peace
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandi View Post
It is totally bizare I agree.

He would know his bracelet would nail him. So if he did this he had to have someone help him.

I'm going to PM AnnaFl before I hit the hay tonight and ask her if she knows if this guy has a roommate who is a SO. Somewhere living in Satsuma I believe there are two SO's living together, and I think it is either this DS or the other one. xox
I don't think we allow to put the whole names. but the two that live together
are CDI and JJT. not him DS
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tfrohning For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 03-18-2009, 03:39 AM
tfrohning's Avatar
tfrohning tfrohning is offline
Rest in Peace
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,095
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandi View Post
Hi Jholi, Your last sentence could be so true.

Earlier tonight I read a post about that GPS unit he wears, that he could even go out of state with it. I wish I knew which poster wrote that.

I supposeLE would use that 8 hour window to see where he was geographically for the 9th, eh?

I wonder if LE would just say that to get the guy to relax and mess up, kind of like he did today by going there. LE didn't say tho that he is cleared!
Come to think of it. if le know where the gps was at all time. why do they have be home when they answer the phone when le called::
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tfrohning For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 03-18-2009, 05:08 AM
daisy.faithfull's Avatar
daisy.faithfull daisy.faithfull is offline
RIP Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joey Jr.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,040
I've been wondering about the "psychological profile" of the various sex offenders in the area wondering if we can use those to get an idea of what kind of predator would take little Haleigh. One of the only things that I've thought of would that the perp would have to be bold to go into home and snatch a child from their bedroom and if they had been watching the Cummings home, going in so close to when Ronald would be coming home.

I've also been wincing when I hear all the mudslinging regarding abuse etc. between Ronald and Crystal. I've wondered if the perp would hear these things and in their sick mind think that they are helping, rescuing Haleigh. Today Snodgrass truly believed that he was trying to help but his actions were actually predatory and very, very much misguided. IF this is the type of thing Haleigh's abductor had going through their mind, Snodgrass certainly demonstrated that of mentality today.

Does anyone have a statistics on the number of RSOs that re-offend with an ankle bracelet on?
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisy.faithfull For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 03-18-2009, 05:44 AM
Busylady's Avatar
Busylady Busylady is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,949
LOL he has already made his myspace private and changed his pic didnt take him long.


Last edited by Tom'sGirl; 03-18-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Busylady For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 03-18-2009, 06:41 AM
Donjeta's Avatar
Donjeta Donjeta is online now
Adji Desir, missing from Florida since January 2009
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,269
Maybe they should have agreed to take that furniture and handed it on to the LE to be investigated for signs of recent contact with duct tape and DNA. Just to make sure that this is just a disturbed individual with extra chairs to donate and not someone who gets his kicks from getting rid of evidence in an extremely creepy manner.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 03-18-2009, 06:49 AM
daisy.faithfull's Avatar
daisy.faithfull daisy.faithfull is offline
RIP Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joey Jr.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
Maybe they should have agreed to take that furniture and handed it on to the LE to be investigated for signs of recent contact with duct tape and DNA. Just to make sure that this is just a disturbed individual with extra chairs to donate and not someone who gets his kicks from getting rid of evidence in an extremely creepy manner.
Good thinking! At the very least make note of the kind of furniture. He may getting a perverse pleasure of knowing he placed evidence of a crime right there under peoples noses.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisy.faithfull For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 03-18-2009, 07:12 AM
MADJGNLAW's Avatar
MADJGNLAW MADJGNLAW is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,545
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrohning View Post
Come to think of it. if le know where the gps was at all time. why do they have be home when they answer the phone when le called::
I have asked myself that question over and over. I have been told that sometimes, even though it's hard they can slip it off and by the time LE is there they have a head start and book. Now, I also wonder since his is so liberal that he can go out of state that maybe he feels he can go anywhere and do anything knowing how hard it is for LE to charge someone for a crime beyond a reasonable doubt. I also think those things may malfunction sometimes, but I don't have proof of that..that is just an opinion and if that is the case then they are not 100% accurate. I say, check this guy out ASAP! Where was he and who was he with. I agree with one of the above posters about Misty and the Van. Maybe it was a party van and Misty would put the kids in the back in van to sleep while she did her thing and someone had been watching Haleigh waiting for the right time to snatch her. Now, I to wonder where that van was that LE took into evidence and if that is where Haleigh disappeared from not the home. There is no sign of force entry at the home, so it can only be one of two things. The child was taken from someone in that home the night before, someone that knows her. Or she was taken from a location she was sleeping at while Misty was out doing her thing. The Van may of been the babysitter. Why else would grandma have to send over great grandma to check on the kids? Because they didn't trust Misty for what ever reason.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MADJGNLAW For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 03-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Indigo Indigo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,346
Looks like the bounty hunter should take somebody out for Walkabout.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indigo For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 03-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Capri's Avatar
Capri Capri is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,852
ok......strange.

Last edited by Tom'sGirl; 03-18-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capri For This Useful Post:
  #23  
Old 03-18-2009, 10:00 AM
BloodHoundSleuther's Avatar
BloodHoundSleuther BloodHoundSleuther is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 578
This is beyond disturbing and coincidental. Weather this SO is involved or not, he is definitely playing with fire.
__________________
Actions speak louder than words!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BloodHoundSleuther For This Useful Post:
  #24  
Old 03-18-2009, 10:54 AM
debs debs is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,717
Frankly, with as many SOs registered in that area, I'm surprised it was only one who tried to donate.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:
  #25  
Old 03-18-2009, 11:11 AM
taysmommy taysmommy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 41
Rso?

Is DS a RSO? from what I read at the link provided in the 1st post, he is awaiting trial. I'm not able to say with any certainty weather he is guilty or innocent, I hope that will be established in court. With that said is it possible that he really did just want to donate to the foundation?

What do we really know about DS? I know a lot of the people on this board are a lot better at sleuthing this stuff than I am. I don't think it would be a bad idea to check him out a bit.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taysmommy For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Petitions - Donations-Email Campaigns JBean Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies 0 09-27-2008 01:29 PM
Donations JBean Caylee Anthony 2 years old 0 09-16-2008 10:48 AM
Donations to Websleuths. Tricia Up to the Minute 0 03-21-2007 04:32 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!