Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 03-19-2009, 02:52 AM
fortytwo's Avatar
fortytwo fortytwo is offline
What was the question?
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: central Vale of Humility
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
I don't think they have to release what they intend to use at trial???

Or did I imagine that?
They most specifically do have to release (discovery) what they intend to use at trial. It's what they don't intend to use that they might get a pass on.

As ecs pointed out in an earlier post on this thread, LE has some wiggle room as far as when they release discovery documents. They can maintain that the info is still 'under investigation' and temporarily delay release.
__________________
"It MUST be true. I saw it on NANCY."
____________________

FOR SALE: Knives, set of six, dinner and/or stainless. Move fast on this one, people. Only three of the set left.
  #202  
Old 03-19-2009, 02:59 AM
Lovejac's Avatar
Lovejac Lovejac is offline
These boys are my heartstrings!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: State of Disbelief. SC
Posts: 7,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortytwo View Post
They most specifically do have to release (discovery) what they intend to use at trial. It's what they don't intend to use that they might get a pass on.

As ecs pointed out in an earlier post on this thread, LE has some wiggle room as far as when they release discovery documents. They can maintain that the info is still 'under investigation' and temporarily delay release.
Thanks, fortytwo, so I got it backwards as usual!

I hope LE takes their sweet time "investigating"!
__________________
Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.
  #203  
Old 03-19-2009, 03:08 AM
Rumpole's Avatar
Rumpole Rumpole is offline
Formerly known as "Hercule Poirot"
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberborg View Post
Wouldn't a Mercy Killing be if KC committed suicide?
I think that is called Mass-mercy killing.
__________________
Do not go gentle into that good night.
_________ Rage, rage against the dying of the light
The Following User Says Thank You to Rumpole For This Useful Post:
  #204  
Old 03-19-2009, 03:26 AM
fortytwo's Avatar
fortytwo fortytwo is offline
What was the question?
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: central Vale of Humility
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortytwo View Post
They most specifically do have to release (discovery) what they intend to use at trial. It's what they don't intend to use that they might get a pass on.

As ecs pointed out in an earlier post on this thread, LE has some wiggle room as far as when they release discovery documents. They can maintain that the info is still 'under investigation' and temporarily delay release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
Thanks, fortytwo, so I got it backwards as usual!

I hope LE takes their sweet time "investigating"!
Quoting myself to add this for clarification.

The other thing that LE has to release, or turn over to the defense is any info they have discovered which may be exculpatory (indicative of the defendant's innocence). I'm not certain what Florida's standards are to determine this. It varies from state to state, and I think that in some states it is up to the prosecution's discretion to determine whether or not evidence is exculpatory.
__________________
"It MUST be true. I saw it on NANCY."
____________________

FOR SALE: Knives, set of six, dinner and/or stainless. Move fast on this one, people. Only three of the set left.
  #205  
Old 03-19-2009, 04:00 AM
Marsha's Avatar
Marsha Marsha is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD MOMMY View Post
Okay would this finally explain why the garden sprayer things(pesticide bottles) were taken from the A's home? When was this diary found and when were the sprayer things taken out of the home? I can't remember off hand and it's almost past my bedtime so I don't wanna go digging lol.
I wondered at the time why LE was taking the pesticide bottles!

Kathy Belich said tonight that she didn't think the prosecutors would hold back and just release part of the diary to the defense/public but I have to disagree. I think they have been very sly about what to release and when......I've seen it all along in this case. I would do the same thing if I were on their team.
  #206  
Old 03-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Manny's Avatar
Manny Manny is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 654
After throwing this out to the public, I am afraid it will be put up or shut up time for the SA. They can't play hide the ball and then go public. If they have a leak from within the state they just screwed up big time.
In any other state there would be sanctions I think.
All these talking heads and news people will lose this case yet. JMHO, of course.
  #207  
Old 03-19-2009, 07:33 AM
natsound's Avatar
natsound natsound is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberborg View Post
Alleged baby killer Casey Anthony kept a gruesome “paint by numbers” diary describing how, when and where she murdered her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, says a source who claims prosecutors will enter the 14-page, hand-written journal into evidence at Anthony’s trial for murder.

“… the little snot … I’ll fix her …” the diary is alleged to say in part.

“First, a little cloroform (sp) and then (illegible). She won’t know. She’ll be a lot better off …”

Authorities declined to comment on the source’s report, but they did say that “anything pertinent to the case will be presented” as evidence in court.

http://derekclontz.wordpress.com/200...sive-excerpts/

Folks, this is bullsh!!t.

If someone already read the "about" section of Derek Klontz's website, sorry I'm bringing this up again, but it says he used to be the editor of "Weekly World News". This is the tabloid with headlines like "90 year old woman gives birth to litter of aliens!" You know which one I'm talking about??

It also says he's an herbalist. Perhaps he's partaking in a little too much of his "herbs".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to natsound For This Useful Post:
  #208  
Old 03-19-2009, 07:35 AM
natsound's Avatar
natsound natsound is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macushla View Post
Are you all telling me that NG is using that guy's blog as her source??? Oh man, haven't people here on WS discredited just about everything that he has said. NG has sunk to a new low if she is using this guys rantings - and the blog is from back in Jan. as a poster said earlier.

This is beyond silly. So much for credible journalism on NG tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to natsound For This Useful Post:
  #209  
Old 03-19-2009, 07:38 AM
BonKai BonKai is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecybeans View Post
Maybe NG would respond faster if somebody said they were "Sheeba" from IL...

No kidding!
__________________
My Mom told me (and showed me) that "Parent is a verb, not a noun" ~ thanks Mom
The Following User Says Thank You to BonKai For This Useful Post:
  #210  
Old 03-19-2009, 07:53 AM
marla marla is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by natsound View Post
Folks, this is bullsh!!t.
Love your frankness!

If someone already read the "about" section of Derek Klontz's website, sorry I'm bringing this up again, but it says he used to be the editor of "Weekly World News". This is the tabloid with headlines like "90 year old woman gives birth to litter of aliens!" You know which one I'm talking about??
Oh, I didn't know that's where he came from ..
Hmmmmm ..
That's one wierd "newspaper" ..


It also says he's an herbalist. Perhaps he's partaking in a little too much of his "herbs".
Nothing wrong with a little herb!
The Following User Says Thank You to marla For This Useful Post:
  #211  
Old 03-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Blaise's Avatar
Blaise Blaise is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by natsound View Post
Folks, this is bullsh!!t.

If someone already read the "about" section of Derek Klontz's website, sorry I'm bringing this up again, but it says he used to be the editor of "Weekly World News". This is the tabloid with headlines like "90 year old woman gives birth to litter of aliens!" You know which one I'm talking about??

It also says he's an herbalist. Perhaps he's partaking in a little too much of his "herbs".
Fro this same blog -- Millions of people think John F. Kennedy is dead and buried but nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, the former U.S. president faked his death in Dallas in 1963 and with the help of Kennedy family operatives and key government officials, arranged for a wax dummy to be buried in his place.

Blaise
__________________
YOU PEOPLE ATE CHILI WITHOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  #212  
Old 03-19-2009, 07:59 AM
marla marla is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise View Post
Fro this same blog -- Millions of people think John F. Kennedy is dead and buried but nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, the former U.S. president faked his death in Dallas in 1963 and with the help of Kennedy family operatives and key government officials, arranged for a wax dummy to be buried in his place.

Blaise















***thud***
  #213  
Old 03-19-2009, 09:06 AM
JDzWife's Avatar
JDzWife JDzWife is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoHead View Post
MamaB, the original deal offer was a discussion initiated by JB end of Sept or beginning of Oct, then he let it drop. Nothing else that I recall has been reported or published about a deal beyond that.

There may well have been further plea discussions, but not any that seem to have been out there publicly. JB may have presented an offer to KC, but she's going full throttle because she's deluded.

As for DP still being off the table if such diary pages exist, the DP was taken off the table before the find, and was taken allegedly due to Mental health considerations (bi-polar was mentioned, but I don't think it was substantiated.)

I've always figured that they haven't put DP back on the table because mental health diagnosis still exists.
Remember, John Couey got the DP, even with his "handicap" (lack of better word).
  #214  
Old 03-19-2009, 09:43 AM
ExpectingUnicorns's Avatar
ExpectingUnicorns ExpectingUnicorns is offline
. . . only the pure of heart can see.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,074
This is interesting (from NG transcripts of 3/18/09 show posted this AM):
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../18/ng.01.html

"GRACE: Straight out to Kathi Belich with WFTV. Kathi, what can you tell me about diary entries in a diary that apparently spans years? Reports surfacing that tot mom described why Caylee was killed and also detailed notes on chloroform and pesticides?

KATHI BELICH, REPORTER, WFTV, COVERING STORY: That`s right. There is a report out about those things that supposed missing pages in Casey`s diary have surfaced and that these things that you just mentioned are in those pages.

What I can tell you is, when that part of the diary was released, if there was more to be released, it probably would have been released at that time. Prosecutors wouldn`t play games with evidence and pick and choose part of the book to be released now and part of the book to be released later.

From what we understood back then, those pages were missing when investigators found that book. And that`s what they have."

This makes it sound like Kathi B does not believe in the existence of the "missing pages" doesn't it? I really misinterpreted her last night; I thought she was promulgating the theory.
__________________
The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

Last edited by ExpectingUnicorns; 03-19-2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: post to posted
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:
  #215  
Old 03-19-2009, 09:44 AM
gogranny gogranny is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 17
Question This was already initimated by the Prosecution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
After throwing this out to the public, I am afraid it will be put up or shut up time for the SA. They can't play hide the ball and then go public. If they have a leak from within the state they just screwed up big time.
In any other state there would be sanctions I think.
All these talking heads and news people will lose this case yet. JMHO, of course.
At one of the earlier hearings the judge asked JB about his verbal motion for change of venue. JB said he was certainly going to file one. The judge asked the prosecution for their take and she said she felt is was premature because this case could "change dramatically" before trial (my words, not quoting) and I felt then that the prosecution had solid evidence of Casey's guilt. I have prayed for just such evidence to be released. Whether they're forced to give it by a leak or do it by plan really doesn't matter - just that they do it! Also, they certainly seem to be working a plan, releasing just enough to be building toward a denouement but not enough to put an end to the case. Anyone else remember that hearing? MHOO Go Granny
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gogranny For This Useful Post:
  #216  
Old 03-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Patty G's Avatar
Patty G Patty G is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 16,568
Show Videos and Transcripts
__________________
Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!