OH OH - Ashley Summers, 15, Cleveland, 9 July 2007

lsummers

Reaction score
ASHLEY SUMMERS

The search continues for a 15-year-old West Side girl who has been missing for more than a year. Local and federal law enforcement officials are asking for the public's help in finding Ashley Summers, who was reported missing from her West 96th Street home, near Madison Avenue, on July 6, 2007.

Ashley is considered an endangered juvenile be cause of her age and the length of time she has been missing, authorities said.

FBI spokesman Scott Wilson said there is no indication of foul play, but it is possible she is being held against her will.

The task force is working with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Alexandria, Va., Wilson said.

Ashley is white, 5 feet 5, 130 pounds with blue eyes and brown hair. She has a tattoo of a heart on one arm with the name "Gene" inscribed on it.

Anyone with information regarding Ashley, or other fugitives, is urged to call the Cleveland/Cuyahoga Fugitive/Gang Task Force at 216-522-1400 or the Cleveland Police Department's 1st District at 216-623-5118.

The identity of callers will remain confidential. Reward money is available.

OR

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

http://tinyurl.com/3l7jwz

I am also going to send you to this link: http://www.lakewoodobserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7834

which has up to date newscasts and stories being posted on Ashley and other girls missing from the same area of Cleveland: Amanda Berry & Gina DeJesus.

Linda
Ashley's Step-Grandma

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-missingteens-...0,2475384.story
FBI: Another Girl Missing from the west side of Cleveland
The Cleveland office of the FBI is asking for your help in finding a third girl who went missing from a West Cleveland neighborhood.
Bill Sheil Fox 8 Reporter

Missing Teens Mystery
Three teens from the same area vanish without a trace. Tonight, Police need your help to find them.

Northeast Ohio's Most Wanted
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cleveland office of the FBI is asking for your help in finding a third girl who went missing from a West Cleveland neighborhood. Two different girls have disappeared from the same area in the last ten years. Ashley Summers disappeared in the summer of 2007. She was last seen not too far from the area near W. 100 and Lorain Avenue where Gina Dejesus vanished almost five years ago and Amanda Berry disappeared almost six years ago.

Ashley's case has not received as much attention because of how she left. "With Ashley, she did run away at first," says Scott Wilson, a spokesman for the FBI. "But, unfortunately, she hasn't been seen since she ran away in July 2007."

Wilson says the FBI is investigating the possibility that the three disappearances are related. And he says agents worry that one or more of the girls may have been forced into prostituition. "It's a problem throughout the country," Wilson says. "Whether that's the case here, we don't know. But, certainly, those are things we have to concern ourselves with."
snip
http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=33542&st=0&

Three missing cases connected?

Over a span of four years, three girls from the same Cleveland neighborhood have gone missing. They all lived on the west side of the city. And they all vanished blocks from one another.
Are the three cases connected? The FBI suspects they may be related. “We really believe someone out there knows something,” says Special Agent Scott Wilson. “We’re looking for that one tip that will lead us to find them.” Here’s the FBI’s account of each incident:
Amanda Berry disappeared on the evening of April 21, 2003. After her shift at a Burger King ended, the 16-year-old headed home. It should have taken just a few minutes to reach her house. But she was never seen or heard from again.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/2...ses-connected/

Did all three of these girls have facebook or myspace? AIM or IM? Does anyone know? I know that some girls have met with "unsavory" folk on all of these sites. Facebook used to be a bit safer, but now, not so much! Surely, FBI and LE have checked that out, but I would like to know for sure that they have. Is Ms. Summers hispanic? Very Pretty girl. Actually, all of them are attractive. I noticed in one of Ashley's photos, part of her eyebrows were shaved (or it appears that way) and I've seen a lot of young hispanic girls doing that these days. For some it's a fashion statement, for others, it's following the leaders.
I'll print out some flyers and put them at some of the truck stops and gas stations! Has anyone contacted AMW? The story needs to go nationwide! If someone posts it on AMW website, let us know here, so we can generate some interest.
I'll be praying for all the girls to be found safe (and sound).

Every teen (and most parents) should read this: http://www.ardemgaz.com/Prev/web/ It's a four part article about a true internet crime and very well written, by Cathy Frye, Let it be a warning! It's about Kaci Woody, a sweet and beautiful girl, abducted from her home in the middle of the night(12-4-2002) by a man posing as a teenage boy in a chat room. Very interesting, but sad, all true and this happened not 50 miles from where I live. This man drove all the way from California to abduct this girl.... They both ended up dying! I was listening to my Police scanner and heard most of what happened at the end, I remember all the sounds and words, as if it happened not ten minutes ago. I was praying fervently that Kaci would be rescued as soon as I realized what all the chatter was about, so very disappointed it turned out like it did...*sigh* Her family, however, is trying to make her death somewhat meaningful and not in vain... Her father and others go to schools and tell her story, hoping to motivate the youth to make better decisions and be aware of what can and will happen when teens (even pre-teens) give out private information over the web.
Hope you all enjoy the read and gleen some good information from this story, just be sure to have some tissues handy, you'll most definitely need them.

Did all three of these girls have facebook or myspace? AIM or IM? Does anyone know? I know that some girls have met with "unsavory" folk on all of these sites. Facebook used to be a bit safer, but now, not so much! Surely, FBI and LE have checked that out, but I would like to know for sure that they have. Is Ms. Summers hispanic? Very Pretty girl. Actually, all of them are attractive. I noticed in one of Ashley's photos, part of her eyebrows were shaved (or it appears that way) and I've seen a lot of young hispanic girls doing that these days. For some it's a fashion statement, for others, it's following the leaders.
I'll print out some flyers and put them at some of the truck stops and gas stations! Has anyone contacted AMW? The story needs to go nationwide! If someone posts it on AMW website, let us know here, so we can generate some interest.
I'll be praying for all the girls to be found safe (and sound).

Hi - I'm Ashley's step-grandma. She is not hispanic. Gina DeJesus is hispanic. Amanda Berry was mentioned having some American Indian in her. I plan on contacting AMW soon. I am gathering posters and other media information to draft a letter to them, hopefully within the week.

Anderson Cooper 360 had an article about all 3 girls at
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/25/three-missing-cases-connected/

Our local suburban paper, the Lakewood Observer, just ran an article at
http://media.lakewoodobserver.com/issue_pdfs/Observer_Vol_05_Issue_06.pdf

this is a pdf file and the article is on page 15.

Thank you for your prayers and for posting flyers.

If you click on the link to the Lakewood Observer- Observation Deck I posted in my original thread you can follow local Cleveland and other media exposure....plus you'll get a good idea of some theories.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Linda Summers

PS - Yes Ashley had a couple MySpace pages and they are being monitored. Ashley was originally a runaway but the last confirmed sighting was at an apartment building in a neighborhood of drugs of prostitutes - not far from where the other 2 girls came up missing. Since she hasn't returned or been seen locally she has now been classified as endangered missing and the ties to the other girls are being investigated. Teen prostitution is a strong theory. Some of the family seems to think her boyfriend knew or knows something.

MadeaBecBec:

Overnight I thought of something....

You stated "I noticed in one of Ashley's photos, part of her eyebrows were shaved (or it appears that way) and I've seen a lot of young hispanic girls doing that these days."

Ashley was hanging out with some Hispanic girls...so maybe that's why her eyebrows were that way.

A favor to ask.....

when hanging posters please include Amanda Berry & Gina DeJesus - there families have been suffering much longer than ours. Since the cases seem very similar - those girls could be anywhere too. h

Thank you for all your help.

Linda Summers

Linda, I pray your granddaughter comes home soon. Lighting a candle in hopes of leading her home. ((hugs)) to you.

Bumping for Ashley Summers.

I'm worried she got sold in the human trafficking industry, perhaps tricked by someone she liked and trusted, especially with the area she was last seen in

I really do believe ashley is still out there, I do believe we will bring her home, we all just need to be open eyed.

Bumping for Ashley. Here's hoping that some info about here will come to light with the discovery of Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry.

The guy who helped Amanda and Gina escape said that there were a lot of girls in there, so maybe she is one of them. They are having a news conference tomorrow am.

www.newsnet5.com

Aged progressed picture:

Summers.aspx

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/getattachment/564851e2-89c7-4b96-842d-5737560f7475/Summers.aspx

I noticed that Ashley Is from the same area where the three girls were found. Hoping for more miracles

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back