Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Archived Cases - Appeals, Books and Updates > Sandra Cantu

Notices

Sandra Cantu Missing from her home in Tracy, CA., body recovered in a nearby irrigation pond.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:18 AM

since the computers and cell phones were taken. I'm leaning towards a link to the Tracey 60..JMO.

~One Angry Mother~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lurkeyloo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfittz View Post
This is not meant to be rude to anyone, but are there many cases where a woman - who is not a relative - kidnaps and kills a child?
Off the top of my head, I dont think so. I think it would help to know WHY she did it ?

Then we would be able to scale it down.

Great question , BTW.....your post isnt rude at all !
Old 04-11-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krt View Post
I guess what I'm puzzled about is how could she have carried/lifted the suitcase WITH the body in it? That would be VERY hard for a female to do I would think (and I'm female!).
This scenario was never illogical to me because the design of modern day luggage helps us out with the leverage of heavy weights. I figured if a woman like myself who has four fused vertebrae, muscle and stability problems, and always supposed to adhere to severe lifting limitations can maneuvere two suitcases (22" and 24") throughout Italy and England for four weeks onto planes, trains, and automobiles, not to mention, badly maintained ancient stone roads and curbs, a physically able young woman like Melissa could definitely lift a large size suitcase into a vehicle and heft it into a containment pond. I know that my daughter could manage something like that for sure! If Melissa did do it, it may have been difficult for her, but not impossible. Also, perhaps LE was able to see some evidence of that struggle with the weight of the suitcase out at the pond site, too. Unfortunately, I think that Tracy LE will less forthcoming with the release of evidence as we have experienced with the Anthony case.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fairfaux08 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadjatheresa View Post
She must have mental illness. The NECN article mentions that she was due in court April 17th April 17th to "check in with a county mental health program as part of a three-year probation sentence for a petty theft she pleaded no contest to."

Three year probation and mental health program for a petty theft?

She also attempted to steal something from Target in November. My brother is a drug addict, that's what he does to support his habit.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AM THE 14 CAR View Post
My reaction was exactly the same way of that poster regarding "a woman" kidnapping and murdering a little girl ! And the woman new her & had access to her.

Of course everyone knows ""women are capable of stuff like this"" ....but I dont think alot of people suspected a woman of commiting this crime. Alot of folks were focused on the males, not females for most of the time since Sandra went "missing".

I think you missed the concept of the post....and your post came off kinda rude. jmo
Sorry, didnt mean to offend or sound rude.
The Following User Says Thank You to bp531 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post

She is scary looking. jmo
Agree, very scary.
The Following User Says Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Share the Light, Share the Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
After listening to the Chief, sounds like Sandra died shortly after she was kidnapped......
I don't think this lets MH off the hook in a possible connection to others who may be connected to this crime or lets her off the hook in connection to more nefarious activities. Maybe she took Sandra with the intention of doing who knows what, or she took Sandra to deliver her to someone else and in the process of transporting Sandra somewhere Sandra dies of suffocation or drug overdose possibly.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Rest in Peace

the five year old is the one that told LE that Sandra was going to runaway. She most likley seem what happen, When I hear this morning I had to pick my jaw off the floor.
I think someone eles is also involve, How sad when you can not trust a child friend's mother that your child play with. and that poor five year old. MY thoughts on Haleigh has to be re focus. I am in shock. Bless Sandra's family.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tfrohning For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella's mom View Post
Mental Problems - Then why the he** was she allowed to teach Sunday School?
Because her grandfather is the pastor, he believes in "forgiveness" and the church has few members?

No wonder the church has few members! The pastor isn't friendly(according to the handyman at the mobile home park) and his criminal daughter is teaching Sunday school. Yeccchhhhhh

Last edited by Columbo; 04-11-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: clarify
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp531 View Post
Sorry, didnt mean to offend or sound rude.
I didn't think you were rude at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wandering For This Useful Post:

wow. i am totally crazed at this arrest! last night i was even here trying to suss out her stories because i just could not wrap my head around the fact that she might have done this! i hope that we are able to get some more information soon, but they have been pretty tight lipped in this case so far and we MAY not see too much until around trial time. i really hope that there are no further arrests in relation to her being a lure for something sinister as some here have suggested. that would be too much to bear. i wonder why? could she be a sexual predator in her own right? it's not impossible. i just, man i just don't know what to say! love to the Tracy PD and all of those working on this case...poor Sheneman with his alarm from the day before going off at three something am at the presser. i'm sure there are dozens of people who have worked tirelessly to ensure that Sandra would get her justice. the media did a great job on this case as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joga For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krt View Post
I guess what I'm puzzled about is how could she have carried/lifted the suitcase WITH the body in it? That would be VERY hard for a female to do I would think (and I'm female!).

In addition, it makes more sense that she would be the person that simply lured the child and someone else did the actual dirty deed or deeds. Is it true that a guy delivered the letter to the memorial? Something just doesn't add up here.
This is exactly what I was thinking--her arrest info states she is 5 ft 3 in and 125 lbs---how in the world could she move it? Unless, as someone else mentioned in another post, maybe that is what caused the internal bleeding that lead to the hospital stay.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:30 AM

All I can say is why does a young woman like that have a $200 suitcase? Clearly she had the money for it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RhythmicSun For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Of course everyone knows ""women are capable of stuff like this"" ....but I dont think alot of people suspected a woman of commiting this crime. Alot of folks were focused on the males, not females for most of the time since Sandra went "missing".
Really good point to make!

Poor Mrs. Kantu. Easter/Good Friday will forever torture her. Prayers for the family.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wandering For This Useful Post:

PURE SPECULATION:It wouldn't suprise me if it comes out that she is the photographer for the Tracy 60 especially since she mentioned being questioned about drugging another child. I think she drugged Sandra thinking she could take pictures and she would never remember , no harm no foul. But I think she overdosed Sandra on whatever drug she gave her, and then had to dispose of her. I think someone else knows. Sgt Sheneman said there will be no more arrests in regards to THIS investigation. Maybe more comming for the Tracy 60????

~One Angry Mother~
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lurkeyloo For This Useful Post:

I have listeniing to HLN for the past couple of hours and I caught 2 things .....

1. They reported that the Pastor was "retired". (I never heard that)

2. They reported that LE said that when MH was being questioned she was acting like any other innocent person willing to help at first, etc.....but then after awhile MH started acting wierd & nervous. They said that at THAT time and until they were done she knew the gig was up. (not exact words)

I was thinking maybe she did confess to at least kidnapping & killing Sandra....I still think something else happened.

No link to HNL yet.....but they repeat it every 1-2 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofBoys View Post
I think the kidnapping charge would indicate that there was some sort of confession/detailed information provided by either MH herself or someone closely associated with her. I realize we might be missing a lot of information, but nothing published, video or otherwise, would lead us to suspect kidnapping was involved. Kidnapping is not an inherent charge to murder, correct?

I can't believe that this was an accident, because just like Caylee, if it was an accident why not to confess to it when the poopy hits the fan? The idea that a murder charge is preferable to a heartfelt, tear-sodden "I didn't mean to run her over/leave the pool gate open/confuse the antifreeze with Koolaid" is just unfathomable. Maybe if evidence comes out that MH tied poor Sandra up before accidentally backing over her in a SUV, I'll change my tune.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but in this case an accident theory would seem farfetched. She told them something about the crime that led them to the kidnapping charge.

Could it be possible that Sandra was alive in that suitcase when she was loaded in the car and suffocated before MH's true intentions could be revealed? Whether it be sexual in nature, or whatever else. I hate to think she was drowned alive like a callous person does to a puppy, but the "waterproof" nature of the suitcase really scares me. Non-breathable fabric. A lined, sealed suitcase dropped in a pond.

Still doesn't speak to motive, though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I AM THE 14 CAR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicSun View Post
All I can say is why does a young woman like that have a $200 suitcase? Clearly she had the money for it.
Yes, and it squelches the assertion that she was putting it in a rummage sale. I have never even SEEN a $200. suitcase.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicSun View Post
IMO, she probably stole it, or picked it up at Ross or TJ Maxx for 69.95.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Semper Fi

I really want to know more about the drugging of the 7 year old. Has anyone heard anything more on that yet?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
...2. They reported that LE said that when MH was being questioned she was acting like any other innocent person willing to help at first, etc.....but then after awhile MH started acting wierd & nervous. They said that at THAT time and until they were done she knew the gig was up....
Unlike someone else we know (KCA), who never seemed to realize that the gig was up for her a long time ago!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fairfaux08 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Emutionally Disturbed

Since there is no new info yet from the time of this thread starting I jumped in now. Please forgive me if some of this has already been said.

Just looking at the pictures of her she looks like a psychotic biotch.

WTF is this all about? LINK

The Tracy Press also reported that Huckaby was released Thursday from Sutter Tracy Community Hospital, where she spent several days in the intensive care unit for what she described as "internal bleeding."

Does that have anything to do with the case? I can't wait til we find out a lot more about this.

Huckaby previously told The Tracy Press that Sandra visited her home March 27, the day she disappeared. Huckaby also said she had left her suitcase in the driveway that day, and that it was missing.

Damn! If I had a nickel for every time I put a suitcase in the driveway, I wouldn't have any money. Did she really expect anyone to believe this

I think LE was waiting for her to come out of the hospital before questioning her. I wonder how soon after the body was found it took them to want her questioned.

Thanks Steadfast for the spinning Buffalo Bills Emu

Made by HD ----->

Warning: Some buttons may be offensive!
BAD WORDS AND OFFENSIVE MATERIAL
AND STUFF LIKE THAT THERE!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofeegyrl View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking--her arrest info states she is 5 ft 3 in and 125 lbs---how in the world could she move it? Unless, as someone else mentioned in another post, maybe that is what caused the internal bleeding that lead to the hospital stay.
really? it was reported that Sandra weighed only 45 lbs. the suitcase, maybe what maybe 20, and that is even a high estimate. i don't think she would have any problem at all. IMO of course...
The Following User Says Thank You to joga For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
My reaction was exactly the same way of that poster regarding "a woman" kidnapping and murdering a little girl ! And the woman new her & had access to her.

I think you missed the concept of the post....and your post came off kinda rude. jmo
Again I would like to apologize if that came off rude. But I spent hours on the Melissa thread last night and was convinced that she was involved. Then when I read about the arrest this morning, It didnt really come as a surprise at all to me that she was arrested.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
I really want to know more about the drugging of the 7 year old. Has anyone heard anything more on that yet?
I heard a reporter ask the Sgt/Chief (?) yesterday at the PC. He responded by saying he had "no knowledge" of any child ever being drugged and especially not in that mobile home park.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDzWife For This Useful Post: