MD MD - James 'Jimmy' Cole, 21, Severna Park, 12 April 1994

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.hometownannapolis.com/ne...search-for-man-missing-for-15-years.html?ne=1

12 April 09

On a mild April evening 15 years ago yesterday, Jimmy Cole left the Gingerbread Man Restaurant in Severna Park with little money and only the clothes on his back.

He had just four blocks to walk from the restaurant's bar at 566 Ritchie Highway, which is now Bill Bateman's Bistro, to his parents' modest two-story home on Hodges Lane where he lived, county police said.

Friends said Cole, then 21, did not have a car and often made the half-mile trek from the Park Plaza shopping center to his home after a night at area bars.

On this particular night, Cole never made it back home.

And no one has seen or heard from him since.

Despite more than a decade of investigating, detectives today are no closer to answering, "What happened to Jimmy Cole?" than they were when his brother, Jeff Cole, reported him missing on April 12, 1994.

extensive article at link

pic
090412cole.jpg

Yes he was discussed although I'm not sure if he was ever submitted. I remember saying that I don't see him as a possible match because I had read a newspaper article that made me think he was intoxicated and was accidently hurt or drowned. I just didn't see him hitching a ride to a grateful dead concert.

Thanks Danaya. Do you think it is possible he just went with a friend? And for some reason just never went back home? He went missing in April 1994, one year and one month before Jason was in the auto accident. That's actually a long time, but if he was gone for a reason, I guess it could be possible. Maybe he felt like things were getting to serious with the girlfriend and he didn't know how to break up with her. Although, most normal people would not run out on their parents..... I don't know. I'm going to submit him I think. The eyes just look so similar.

Is there anyone on that knows how to do a side by side? If so, it would be greatly appreciated if you would do one for Jason and James.

TIA,

Salem

Salem I don't see a link for Jason to compare pictures do you have one ? I can do the small pictures but haven't learned how to do the big pics yet.

Salem, submit him if you want to. I could be wrong. I just don't see him leaving without anything, staying out there for a year and not even contacting his parents or girlfriend. In an article his brother said it was out of the ordinary for him to just leave and not tell anybody.

I don't think these two are a match for a couple of reasons. Jason's hair appears to be very curly and James' hair seems to be straight. The tattoos don't sound like they are the same either. However it is possible that the person who wrote the description for James was not 100% sure about the specifics of his tattoos. Also the shoes found on Jason and the shoes that James was last seen wearing are different.

On the flip side I do see the similarities in their appearance. I also try to keep an open mind and I believe that anything is possible. I would submit it. At this point you have to wonder if somebody saw someone they thought might be a match to Jason and then thought that the details weren't close enough so they decided against it and it was him.

Maryland Missing stated in Post #40 from the original thread on this case (July 18. 2005) that Cole has been ruled out. She did incorrectly recollect that Cole disappeared after Grateful Doe died. However, if Maryland Missing says Cole has been ruled out, I believe you can accept that as correct.
I agree with Danaya that the facts around Cole's disappearance do not make it likely he is our guy.

James Arthur Cole,22, Missing since April 12, 1994 from Severna Park, MD

James Arthur Cole
Missing since April 12, 1994 from Severna Park, Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: September 6, 1972
Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6-5'7"; 140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown eyes; brown/dirty-blond, shoulder-length hair.
Tattoos: He has a tattoo of a black widow spider on his forearm.
Clothing: Green "Loyola" baseball cap, a rugby shirt, jeans, and beige and black sport shoes.
AKA: Jimmy

Circumstances of Disappearance

James Cole was last seen in Severna Park, MD on April 12, 1994. He left the Gingerbread Man Restaurant in Severna Park, to walk home one early April morning in 1994, and was never seen again.

He had just four blocks to walk from the restaurant's bar at 566 Ritchie Highway, which is now Bill Bateman's Bistro, to his parents' modest two-story home on Hodges Lane where he lived.

Cole did not have a car and often made the half-mile trek from the Park Plaza shopping center to his home after a night at area bars. On the night of his disappearance, Cole had been drinking and singing karaoke at the Shangri'La Restaurant and the Gingerbread Man with his brother, Jeff.

Jeff Cole last saw his brother at 22.00 at the Gingerbread Man. Cole was seen leaving the bar alone around 1:30 on April 11, 1994, visibly intoxicated. Witnesses assumed he was headed home on foot.

Cole's family discovered that morning that he hadn't come home, and searched nearby streets, trails and wooded areas, assuming he had passed out or gotten hurt on his walk to Hodges Lane.

It was unlike Cole to just disappear without telling anyone. Cole hadn't mentioned any planned trips, and none of his possessions were missing. He also had a girlfriend at the time. Cole spoke to his girlfriend every day and would not have left without telling her.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Anne Arundel County Police Department
Missing Persons Unit
Detective Andrew Wayson
410-222-3588

NCIC Number: M-726493996

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

Anne Arundel County Police Department
Hometown Annapolis
The Doe Network: Case File 1521DMMD

Link:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1521dmmd.html

Found another:

http://severnapark.patch.com/articl...il-monday-for-clues-in-severna-park-cold-case

Search Teams Collect Possible Clues in Cold Case

James Arthur Cole went missing in 1994. Volunteer search and rescue teams combed part of the Baltimore Annapolis Trail in Severna Park on Monday in a quest for new leads

UPDATE (5:15 p.m.)

Some items were collected during Monday's search, according to Gajda.

"It is unknown whether they are related to human or animal remains," wrote Gajda in an email to Patch. "They will be taken to the medical examiner for further evaluation and testing."

Jimmy was adopted and now they have DNA from his bio mother to compare.

Bumping this case, luckily, according to above updated link, As Jimmy was adopted, it took a while to locate his birth family and have DNA collected for identity comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt8DnvhCL7Q

"Published on Apr 16, 2012

"Search teams and specially-trained dogs comb a wooded area of Severna Park in search of clues in the disappearance of a man who disappeared in 1994".

Bumping this case, luckily, according to above updated link, As Jimmy was adopted, it took a while to locate his birth family and have DNA collected for identity comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt8DnvhCL7Q

"Published on Apr 16, 2012

"Search teams and specially-trained dogs comb a wooded area of Severna Park in search of clues in the disappearance of a man who disappeared in 1994".

Bumping for this young man!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk