Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > Stacy Peterson

Notices

Stacy Peterson Missing from her Bolingbrook, IL home since Oct. 28, 2007. Her husband, Drew, has been convicted of killing his 3rd wife, Kathleen Savio.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandi View Post
Hi Fran, We were given the link to Sandra's site last night and I did a little bit of reading there. It is so amazing that what we already surmise might be the case is what Sandra wrote in Dec of 2007.

Just a few things which are not verified at this point:

* He put her in handcuffs
* Weighted the barrel with concrete
* Threw the barrel off a bridge over the same river where remains found
* The blue barrel and remains would not be found together but not far from each other either.

Makes the hair stand right up on my head! xox
------------
Yeah, I have goose bumps right now. I saved Sandra's site to my favorites so that if and when Stacie was discovered, I could compare her statements against what was found. It may not be Stacie, but as of right now, what is happening is giving me pause.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Irony is asking a pathological liar who can and cannot be trusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirscottyog View Post
--

Probably something to do with postings such as, "I hope it Stacy". It's not what is being said, it's how it's being said. Fathom yourself into the shoes of someone who has lost family to violent crime. I'm sure it would be (at the least) a bit weird to hear people hoping your missing realtive was a recently discovered bottom half of a skeleton wearing panties. If it were me, I would preface my posting a bit to show respect for the missing/dead. It urkes me, that's all. Last time I checked, I was allowed to form an opinion.
I understand what you're saying here. While sensitivities are high when a body is discovered "hoping it's Miss. A/B/C" is only said because people are truly hoping for justice. Hoping for answers. Hoping for the close of a missing persons case. Hope that the person who (assumed) harmed this poor individual is made responsible for their crime.

In the ultimate pursuit of justice we sometimes have to make peace with what has already happened and hope for answers for the families of these missing people. The likelihood either of these women will be found alive is very unlikely. I don't think hoping it's Stacey or Lisa is morbid, insensitive or inappropriate. It's just the beginning of hope for closure for the families and justice for the victim.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
I am confused. The article says they are comparing dental records. I thought only the torso and legs were found?

imo
-----
Agreed, that statement really caught my attention. Dental Records? Hopefully, more evidence has been discovered.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigirl View Post
The news copter was hovering over that blue barrel, to think that Stacey's death and disposal of her body played out as most of us assumed is chilling when you see that simple blue barrel. What is the likelyhood that a blue barrel would just happen to be less than a mile from the discovered remains? Imo, not very likely.
Have the police taken possession of it?

tia
Old 05-21-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm BAAAAACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiositycat View Post
I pray this is either Stacy or Lisa Stebic
I pray that the family of whomever this is can get the closure they deserve.

Just checked all the usual news sources, not one is saying the barrel is in police custody yet, wxyz here in Detroit said the barrel "was spotted down the river" earlier. I will keep on the lookout for updates!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michigirl For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Girl View Post
Perhaps they found more since the initial find?
Quote:
Not sure how much credibility to give it, but our local channel 7 wxyz here in metro detroit is claiming "police believe it may indeed be Stacey" you have to take these reports with a big grain of salt, though as the media is always trying to get the story out before the competition, and of course they give no reason WHY the police believe so. Argggh!
Hi Carolina Girl, The only thing we have right now to go on are the panties, right?

Could it be they are a brand and of the same size that Stacy wore? That would narrow it down considerably. And even though there might be hundereds of women in that area that also wear that size and brand, so far we only know of Stacy, Lisa and one other female that have gone missing in that particular area.

I saw a great map last night and decided not to scarf it from the site , but it showed how close these girls towns were, especially in reference to where the remains and barrel were found.

xox
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Have the police taken possession of it?

tia
I'll be checking our Noon news (I'm in Illinois as well) to see what information they are reporting. I hope they have taken possession of the barrel. Especially considering the story from Drew's step-brother indicated a blue barrel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Disguiseduser0308 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Chronically sleep deprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirscottyog View Post
--

Probably something to do with postings such as, "I hope it Stacy". It's not what is being said, it's how it's being said. Fathom yourself into the shoes of someone who has lost family to violent crime. I'm sure it would be (at the least) a bit weird to hear people hoping your missing realtive was a recently discovered bottom half of a skeleton wearing panties. If it were me, I would preface my posting a bit to show respect for the missing/dead. It urkes me, that's all. Last time I checked, I was allowed to form an opinion.
Of course you're allowed to form an opinion. So are other people who disagree with you.
Sadly, statistically (which don't necessarily mean always in all cases of course), these women are likely dead. If I were in the families' shoes, (and I am not claiming to be or claiming at all I know what they are going through but speaking for me myself) I would be happy finally knowing what happened to my child. Not happy they were dead, but at least I know....the not knowing would drive me nuts. Absolutely nuts. I would obsess over it over and over.

Finding one of these women also means that the cases against their alleged killers is stronger. More of a chance for justice, for a conviction. Especially if it's Stacy, DrewP has said she ran off with someone and was alive and well. If it's her, then his house of lies starts to fall apart finally. If it's Lisa, then the authorities can look more closely at her husband. And sadly if it's someone else, then someone else finally knows where their child, friend, partner, parent, etc. is. Someone no longer has to wonder what in the world happened to the beloved. Now a burial can happen and a loved one can be laid to rest. No, no one wants to think about their loved one being found in such a horrid manner, no one WANTS their loved one to be that person. However, if my loved one is likely dead, then I want them found so there is more evidence to add to a case against their killer, or at the very least, I know where they are now, and I don't have to wonder anymore.

That's where a lot of posters here are coming from. We want these women FOUND. We don't hope they are found murdered or harmed, but if they are found, then many here feel that maybe some peace will start to come to the family.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm BAAAAACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJax View Post
Other local reports are saying that the body was found along the banks of the Desplaines in/near Chanahon. If that is the case, there is a marina by a lodge that used to be called The Big Basin. I saw a report on the news that showed the trellace where Interstate I 55 pases over the river and a boater that was at the marina said there was alot of police activity going on about a mile from where he was docked.
I just talked to my good friend that lives there and she knows alot of the troopers from the area and she is going to keep me posted.
Last I heard they had not removed the body yet, still processing the crime scene.
Everyone still calls it The Big Basin Marina. There's a bar there called Mugz's Hideout.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:52 PM

When they showed the view of the barrel (from overhead) the barrel looks wedged in there with some logs around it, it will be some work for a crew to get to it, imo. Going to take some "figuring out how to get it the heck out of there" in other words
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michigirl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Scandi please forgive my ignorance, I haven't kept up with this case continually but let me ask you this please.

You mean he weighed it down with concrete after his step brother helped him remove it? If he filled it beforehand it would be extremely heavy to lift even for two men.

Or do you mean he put concrete blocks or something inside of the barrel to weigh it down after he got to the river? Because if she was encased in concrete her body would not have floated free to come up on the shore by itself, I dont think.
Hi OceanBlueEyes, I wish I knew the answer to that too, it is just what I read on Sandra's site last night. I think your assessment sounds right but will have to go back to her site tonight and read more as to her exact words. Whether he poured or put concrete in the bottom of the barrel I can't remember - I was fagged by then LOL No mention of making weights in a mold tho!

I remember also that he dropped the barrel from the bridge where the water was either deep or dark and then thought to himself, 'she'll never pull me down', or SS. xox
Old 05-21-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
When they showed the view of the barrel (from overhead) the barrel looks wedged in there with some logs around it, it will be some work for a crew to get to it, imo. Going to take some "figuring out how to get it the heck out of there" in other words
Can you post a link to those pictures? I haven't seen them yet.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguiseduser0308 View Post
I understand what you're saying here. While sensitivities are high when a body is discovered "hoping it's Miss. A/B/C" is only said because people are truly hoping for justice. Hoping for answers. Hoping for the close of a missing persons case. Hope that the person who (assumed) harmed this poor individual is made responsible for their crime.

In the ultimate pursuit of justice we sometimes have to make peace with what has already happened and hope for answers for the families of these missing people. The likelihood either of these women will be found alive is very unlikely. I don't think hoping it's Stacey or Lisa is morbid, insensitive or inappropriate. It's just the beginning of hope for closure for the families and justice for the victim.
even the representative for the family of Stacy said the overall feeling is one of relief and hope that it is her, so they can finally have some answers. So if the family is echoing the same sentiments as here, I don't find any of the WS member comments out of line, when they are the same.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LawRig For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandi View Post
Hi Carolina Girl, The only thing we have right now to go on are the panties, right?

Could it be they are a brand and of the same size that Stacy wore? That would narrow it down considerably. And even though there might be hundereds of women in that area that also wear that size and brand, so far we only know of Stacy, Lisa and one other female that have gone missing in that particular area.

I saw a great map last night and decided not to scarf it from the site , but it showed how close these girls towns were, especially in reference to where the remains and barrel were found.

xox
I have read there are remnants of jeans also, and Lisa was reportedly last seen in jogging clothes. No one knows what Stacy was wearing. It was reported on AM 780. So a lot will be reported, but how much is true? Map sounds interesting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carolina Girl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm BAAAAACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Baby View Post
Okay, so a little bit ago the ongoing radio conversation went back to the remains and the news gal on Mancow said there are unconfirmed reports that there were jeans and underwear apparent - the last outfit Lisa Stebic was reported to be wearing was workout clothes, sweat pants type of thing, but not jeans. They are gonna do an update shortly.

ETA - So Amy Jacobson called in from the location. She says that it was Craig Stebic that said that Lisa was wearing work out clothes, but that he would have been the only witness to what she was wearing. So, Lisa could have been wearing jeans also. She also said that the blue barrel being found in the area may just be rumor. Just reporting what she said...
Blue barrel upstream was NOT a rumor. I saw the photos the Channahon resident took on the news this morning. They had a phone call with her. She couldn't get to the barrel because it was across the river in an inaccessible area.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:05 PM

It has been awhile since I read all of the information on this case. But I believe it was reported that Drew had weights that were no longer in the garage. Maybe they went into the barrel?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carolina Girl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 01:07 PM

On this video they show the pic of the barrel, it's towards the end

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/wild...0/PetersonLink
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 01:08 PM

Fox News Noon Update (5/21)

This post is not verbatim. Here's what they're saying on Fox Chicago news:

Says body was not far from the blue barrel (about a mile - barrel was washed ashore) Coroner is in Crest Hill, IL. Autopsy was to start at 9:30am today. No word as of yet from coroner on any available preliminary information. Search for evidence continues. Only torso and legs were found. DNA crucial to identification of remains.

Area is isolated and only accessible by boat. Investigators also trying to determine if remains were dumped there or traveled there.

Families of Stacey and Lisa are in contact with the coroner and are awaiting to hear if these remains are either of their family members. Coroner has DNA samples from Stacey and Lisa.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Disguiseduser0308 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 01:09 PM

Story and photos of barrel.
http://www.wbbm780.com/Body-found-in...-River/4437573
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carolina Girl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 01:10 PM

The remains "could be anyone," said Illinois State Police Lt. Carl Anderson. Authorities still would not say if they believed they were male or female.

Some clothing was found with the remains, he said. Other sources identified the clothing as blue jeans.

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-body...,4038321.story
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 01:10 PM

I'm such a newbie, I will try to link to an abc affiliate that has video of the barrel, it appears to be wedge in a bit, and they say boats are being sent out, but they can't comment on what they are being sent to do....sounds like looking for evidence and maybe heading to that barrel.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=6824563
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michigirl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeach View Post
Can you post a link to those pictures? I haven't seen them yet.
There is a good video in the links thread showing the barrel.

Also I just watched one of the latest videos and it did say that police now have taken custody of it. It showed the barrel in the boat with LE.

imo
Old 05-21-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Girl View Post
It has been awhile since I read all of the information on this case. But I believe it was reported that Drew had weights that were no longer in the garage. Maybe they went into the barrel?
Yep - midway through this article, it states that his scuba weights were missing.

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanb....2.594434.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amandab For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 01:12 PM

I'm really thinking this could be Stacy. She was supposed to go paint the day she disappeared - It was October so likely she was wearing jeans.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ckwood32 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread