Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Up to the Minute

Notices

Up to the Minute Breaking news happening right now! (This is not for crime news. Please post breaking crime in the "Crimes in the News" forum).

Old 05-21-2009, 12:58 PM

Wife of AZ Diamondbacks Pitcher Found Dead

FOUNTAIN HILLS, Ariz. -- The wife of Arizona Diamondbacks relief pitcher Scott Schoeneweis has been found dead inside a Northeast Valley home.

Deputy Lindsey Smith from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said the body of Gabrielle Dawn Schoeneweis was found just after 12 p.m. on Wednesday.

The 39-year-old was apparently unresponsive when deputies came to the home near 142nd Street and Shea Blvd.

Smith said deputies went to the house after a call was made to the Sheriff's office by one of the couple's children.

The 14-year-old told deputies she found her mother on the floor of the master bedroom.

Schoeneweis was pronounced dead at scene. The cause of death is yet to be determined, however Smith told ABC15 foul play is not suspected.

Schoeneweis is the mother of 4 children.

Reportedly, Scott is on a plane back to Phoenix and the children are with their grandparents.

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/no...sD2eATrqA.cspx
The Following User Says Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 01:52 PM
WS Moderator

Wow, this poor family and this poor guy. I guess this isn't the first tragic situation he's had to deal with. I guess he's also a cancer survivor as well.

Still no cause of death that I can find.

Prayers for all involved.
fran

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines
The Following User Says Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2009, 03:33 AM

Diamondbacks Playing With 'Heavy Hearts' http://www.abc15.com/content/sports/...myNalAP0A.cspx

Quote:
Funeral services were scheduled for Monday at the Messenger Pinnacle Peak Mortuary in Scottsdale. The family asked that in lieu of flowers donations be made to the Ronald McDonald House of Phoenix.
Much more at link.

This is so sad

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Schoeneweis family. I can't even imagine what they're going through.