Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Bittiness39's Avatar
Bittiness39 Bittiness39 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,999
**Old thread**Focusing solely on George Anthony

The last couple of days (largely because of my chemo) I have had time to think solely about George. Filter out everything but his statements to LE, his behavior, his comments, etc...
If this thread is a duplicate in anyway I apologize and have absolute faith that our fabulous mods will put it where it needs to go.

1. June 16th: The date is described in pretty vivid detail about the last time GA saw Caylee and KC together. Last time he saw Caylee alive. There are plenty of questions about what he saw, if he saw them, their clothing etc...but he is the last known person to claim he saw KC with Caylee.

2. June 24th: We know that CA and LA were looking for KC by this time. According to GA, he saw KC at the home...confronted her about the gas cans...gets close enough to the car to smell death...doesn't look in the trunk. And yet...did he mention to CA at the time he saw her? Did he call CA and immediately and say he just saw KC at home, but no Caylee. If there was concern and I do believe there was (at least at the time from CA and LA about KC and her whereabouts) why didn't GA try to call the police, try to detain her...take her keys (being a sorority girl in college...that happened quite a bit...) push past her to get to the trunk: unless (1) He already knew Caylee was dead and had seen that Caylee was dead or (2) Knew something was really very wrong but didn't want to know. I find it hard to believe that an ex-cop of all people wouldn't want to know. So I am now going with (1).

3. Another thread on this page talks about internet usage on the 17th...both computers at the A's house being utilized in the afternoon hours and pings from KC's cell phone show she was nearby or at the house. If he was out the house as well...and we don't know this for a fact, but what was he doing there?
4. In court for the ZFG civil case he answers the question about Caylee very oddly...like the last time he heard Caylee's voice was on June 16th. Not that it was the last time he saw her. Maybe I am wrong about this...but I think I am correct about the wording. If I am correct then this makes me think he did see Caylee afterwards...just not a living Caylee.

5. GA is the only person we can say who publically considered suicide. By that I mean, police were called to find him. Whether or not he was sincere or would have gone through with it...I can't say...but he had written a note. LE was called. And they tracked him down. We can at least say for sure this has not happened with the other A's.

6. KC at one point during her incarceration requested that her dad be brought to jail to see her. She never asked for either Lee or CA in this way. At the time, I thought it was CA was too controlling and LA was trying to interrogate her and be too Columbo on her that she wanted to meet privately with her father. And yet, we have heard the tape of GA babbling as he goes to meet KC...and then after a certain wait she won't meet with him. I believe she sent a note requesting LE Allen to bring her dad to the jail. They did...and then she changes her mind.

7. Initially, LP's statements about GA were that he appeared or was in the dark. But then now the statements from LP that GA was lying or being incorrect about the 16th of June...because according to LP, LA told LP a completely different story.

Sorry if none of this makes any sense. If ya'll have links please provide them, as I am typing, I am lying on my side in bed...trying to sort out thoughts that genuinely seem to make sense to me.

I know there are very few people who like CA and for a good reason, her demeanor, her controlling personality...but what if it wasn't GA who was in the "dark" all of this time about what happened with Caylee...what if it was CA? The reason I say this, is her inadvertant comments that were on tape when she initially called 911 on KC...the whole, we'll take you to court to get Caylee or whatever (she would have had no idea that was recorded...she was being transferred). The fact that numerous co-workers mentioned CA's distress at not seeing or being able to talk to Caylee during a very critical time. The fact that in KC's original phone call home, LA says to KC after she cops an attitude saying she (KC) doesn't want her family in court, that she (KC) has put CA through a lot the past month (like after all you have put mom through...how dare you cop an attitude).

This is not to an anyway excuse CA...but I never thought I would say this...if any of the A's are involved...in knowing that Caylee was dead by KC's hands (or by accident...I only throw in accident because while I think her death was intentional, I was not there) it is GA and GA alone.

When I look at the videos of KC in jail...her mom quizzing her...writing down information, trying to get information...what I see is kind of alarming...I hope someone else is noticing...how silent GA is. At first, I was thinking it is because CA is this horrible controlling bad word...but even if that is still true...if you watch the tape from this perspective...his silence almost seems like an omission. He looks guilty...or at least to me...looks somewhat ashamed. In those tapes of her talking to her parents...CA genuinely seems to be probing for answers...but yet GA sits...again...he is the ex-cop...even if CA wears the pants...something just doesn't feel or read right to me. I could be 100% wrong.

I have always maintained...posting for nearly a year on two boards that I didn't think that any of the A's apart from KC were involved in the death of Caylee. I believe still that is true. However, I after watching the tapes, and reading more and more theories on this thread...that GA, did know that Caylee was dead...and did help KC after the fact. I don't believe at all that GA helped in any way to harm Caylee. I want to make that clear. But I think that he and he alone is an accessory after the death. While CA may be spinning yarns in all directions I think in this event, she is like the red herring you see far too often in mysteries and horrors...I don't think she knew what happened. I genuinely don't. But subsequent interviews with GA...him looking down, I assume it was again because CA wears the pants, but what if he knows more than he wants to tell...and CA doesn't know. JMO. But if anyone has appropriate links, please post them.

To the mods, thanks for what you do and for this board. If this thread is in the wrong place, please move it.
  #2  
Old 05-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Chezhire Chezhire is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,471
You're singing the tune I've liked for a bit of time now. See here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...nk#post3016521, and here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...nk#post3018042
...and I've always wondered about good old ex-LE George opening that trunk at the tow yard...
See here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...nk#post3016906
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Chezhire For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 05-31-2009, 01:37 AM
okiedokietoo's Avatar
okiedokietoo okiedokietoo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 3,323
Also it is odd that GA, being an ex LE, didn't immediately call police after getting the car from the tow yard.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17919607/detail.html

George Anthony Told Investigators He Had "Bad Vibes"

Posted: 11:57 am EST November 6, 2008Updated: 6:28 pm EST November 6, 2008

Quote:
When sheriff's investigators questioned Casey's father George nine days after Caylee was reported missing, George told them he had "bad vibes" the very first day he got his car back and smelled the smell in the trunk, a smell, he said as a former law enforcement officer, he knows and would never forget.
Quote:
George told them, when he opened the trunk of the car, he said to himself, "Please don't let this be my Caylee."
__________________
...the humble opinion of Jo Schmo...0 number of Days Jury Deliberated for Caylee
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to okiedokietoo For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 05-31-2009, 01:48 AM
OneLostGrl's Avatar
OneLostGrl OneLostGrl is offline
I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 14,479
Why would he be sneaking behind Cindy and Lee's backs to go speak with LE? Why did he continue to tell LE about the smell of death in the car, even after Cindy changed her story? Why did he flip out on Casey when she came home on bail, saying something like "that b!tch in there knows what happened to Caylee" (and this is factual, Tim Miller and another person not related to this family heard it.)

Why did he share with LE what a lousy person his daughter is? The stealing from Caylee's piggy bank, from Cindy's purse? The fake robbery of his and Cindy's (tax?) money that Casey was supposed to deposit for them when she was working her fake job at the sporting goods store?

I feel that the information he was giving to police gave them more reason to focus in on her than they would have had he not told him the things he did abouther. He kept saying "I just don't like the smell of that car, i know that smell, I have smelt it before and you can't forget that smell". If he were involved why would he practically shove Casey under the bus, I don't think he's that dumb, he's got to realize that if she goes down he's gonna too. It makes no sense that he would continue to talk ***** about her, causing LE to investigate her farther. Might as well put his own handcuffs on.

Unless he's pointing them in her direction because he is covering for someone else and is trying to set Casey up..

Littlebitty, I hope you feel better soon and that your chemo is a success!!
__________________
  #5  
Old 05-31-2009, 02:25 AM
AZRiverRat AZRiverRat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 408
GA knows more than he wants to.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to AZRiverRat For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 05-31-2009, 02:48 AM
Bittiness39's Avatar
Bittiness39 Bittiness39 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,999
I guess for me it was that last interview. GA looking down...everywhere but at the camera. I would have said three weeks ago...hey CA is in control and he can't talk...and he wants to...but her demeanor is far different from his, sure, defiant and lying at times openly, but he seems to know more. JMO. His demeanor in the jail house tapes...going back over them tonite sealed it for me. CA is actively questioning, her voice hits the frantic, at some notes, but she is writing it all down, trying, coming up with something, and at some point KC loses it, gets angry...but during her tirade, which I assume her father can also hear, he continues to look down, almost disinterested. It is weird to me. even if CA wears the pants...I still feel like, he wanted to be a cop for some reason...you would think during most of that visit he would appear like he was actively listening and also taking notes...you don't become a cop because you don't want to know what happens...you become a cop so you can catch the bad guy, find out the truth, save the innocent...and his demeanor more so over KC's is the most troubling to me in the video. I still hope KC fries by the way...but her demeanor, given what we think we know about her is understandable...his is not. I sincerely hope LE re-examines him.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bittiness39 For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 05-31-2009, 02:53 AM
Darla's Avatar
Darla Darla is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 285
George's gut feeling told him that smell of decomp is his Caylee and he has to live with that the rest of his life. I think he knew for sure something was 'really wrong' the day of the gas can incident. Cindy won't let her mind go there.

Psycho girl alone killed her baby and threw her out like trash.
__________________
"But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. We're all mad here."

Last edited by Darla; 05-31-2009 at 03:11 AM. Reason: MOO :)
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Darla For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 05-31-2009, 03:07 AM
Bittiness39's Avatar
Bittiness39 Bittiness39 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darla View Post
George's gut feeling told him that smell of decomp is his Caylee and he has to live with that the rest of his life. I think he knew for sure something was 'really wrong' the day of the gas can incident. Cindy won't let her mind go there.

Psycho girl alone killed her baby and threw her out like trash.
ITA! KC killed Caylee. I just feel like there is no way that an ex-cop regardless of how controlling CA is can suppress those cop instincts. I think LE gave him a pass and he knew because of the "code" they would. Again, jmo.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bittiness39 For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 05-31-2009, 03:27 AM
Darla's Avatar
Darla Darla is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 285
Respectfully snipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBitty35 View Post
>>(1) He already knew Caylee was dead and had seen that Caylee was dead or (2) Knew something was really very wrong but didn't want to know. I find it hard to believe that an ex-cop of all people wouldn't want to know. So I am now going with (1).<<

I think he had a very bad feeling (ex-cop instinct) but didn't want 'go there' because it was his daughter.
Gosh, I can't imagine him actually seeing his gd dead and not doing something. How could he go on all those days acting normal - going to work, etc.

You bring up some very interesting points. I'm curious though, what do you think George did to help her? I shiver at that thought that he could actually do that.

MOO
__________________
"But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. We're all mad here."

Last edited by Tom'sGirl; 05-31-2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: fix quote reference link back
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darla For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 05-31-2009, 03:48 AM
Bittiness39's Avatar
Bittiness39 Bittiness39 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,999
The main thing for me...is how did Caylee wind up where she did? Clearly, KC didn't toss her out the window of the car...(this whole thing sickens me)...but did KC, herself, carry Caylee from the A house to Caylee's ultimate resting place? Or was a car parked outside that area and then did someone take her body (hate this) out of the trunk and dump her there? This bears weight only if, and only if it would have been some task. Even though we can't really comment on appearances...before all of the jail treats...KC was a small person. I don't know what her height is...or weight was at the time...but judging by photos she appears to be fairly smalll...cute little figure...I just keep trying to tell myself...or at least someone posted on here that there was some kind of trail Caylee type trail from the house to the spot where she was so caulously dumped...if that is true...how in the world...granted stress and self preservation make one do some weird things...could KC have carried her that far? I just...think that there is more to the dumping, however horrible...that could shed some light on this...if KC dumped her during the day how didn't anyone see or notice anything? If it was at night...was it by car or through the woods? I read something in this board about a trail...but if that were true I would think it would be everywhere by now...unless that is the last bit of stuff LE is releasing...I am just thinking 50 pound or so riggamortis child...sorry for the thought.
I am just thinking that someone larger than KC had to dispose of her body and likely on the night of the 24th. JMO, but I think it was GA and I think Caylee was dumped there on the night of the 24th. The day of the effing gas can fight. I could be totally wrong. And both of them deserve the presumption of innocence.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bittiness39 For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 05-31-2009, 04:12 AM
Dr. Know? Dr. Know? is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,706
Or GA & KC have a pretty bad secret...it would be a pretty bad one too. Oh! CA...spill what you suspect if this is the case.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 05-31-2009, 04:27 AM
Bittiness39's Avatar
Bittiness39 Bittiness39 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,999
I don't think there was any molestation in this family, if that is what you are implying. My hunch is, is that Caylee was killed, KC called both mom and dad...daddy helped out in the aftermath. I could be 100% wrong, if I am, GA then I am sorry. I am not sorry about what I believe about KC. At all. But if I am right about you GA, then grow a set and come on with it. KC cannot be saved. Done with that already. Why did you try to kill yourself? Why did CA when at the time Caylee was just missing did she contemplate it? You don't write a full blown suicide note assuming you intended to do yourself in...unless you know something. JMO. But crab puffs, etc...on the night Caylee's remains were found...even though, at the time it was not known they were her remains, KC sure did. Nothing to be proud of there, at all. Even the 911 phone call where CA says Caylee is missing or whatever, and there is this little blurb of speak from GA where he says call the police...I just...he was the "police" at one point. And yet since then has acted like anything but a cop after the truth or any answers.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bittiness39 For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 05-31-2009, 04:36 AM
Dr. Know? Dr. Know? is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBitty35 View Post
I don't think there was any molestation in this family, if that is what you are implying. My hunch is, is that Caylee was killed, KC called both mom and dad...daddy helped out in the aftermath. I could be 100% wrong, if I am, GA then I am sorry. I am not sorry about what I believe about KC. At all. But if I am right about you GA, then grow a set and come on with it. KC cannot be saved. Done with that already. Why did you try to kill yourself? Why did CA when at the time Caylee was just missing did she contemplate it? You don't write a full blown suicide note assuming you intended to do yourself in...unless you know something. JMO. But crab puffs, etc...on the night Caylee's remains were found...even though, at the time it was not known they were her remains, KC sure did. Nothing to be proud of there, at all. Even the 911 phone call where CA says Caylee is missing or whatever, and there is this little blurb of speak from GA where he says call the police...I just...he was the "police" at one point. And yet since then has acted like anything but a cop after the truth or any answers.
You are right. I just oh, felt a fit. I was here for about 8 months, reading mostly. Avid reader here but found myself on many other missing children threads.


FYI,
Good read: My Last Undercover by Bob Hamer. My sisters knew him, I only went to school with him. Oprah had him on her show. I must say, I admire him for what he did for children. Great guy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 05-31-2009, 05:49 AM
Verité Verité is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBitty35 View Post
The last couple of days (largely because of my chemo) I have had time to think solely about George. Filter out everything but his statements to LE, his behavior, his comments, etc...
If this thread is a duplicate in anyway I apologize and have absolute faith that our fabulous mods will put it where it needs to go. . . .

7. Initially, LP's statements about GA were that he appeared or was in the dark. But then now the statements from LP that GA was lying or being incorrect about the 16th of June...because according to LP, LA told LP a completely different story . . . .
To me, GA has always seemed "the good guy," or a sad man who is always on the periphery of the family looking in as the others interact; or, the
seeker who perhaps never lived up to his own cop-dad's expectations; or, the naive speculator who tried to overcome failure in get-rich-quick schemes.

And, because I'm somewhat like MamaBear who "lubs" LP, I absorbed that early impression from LP that GA is "OK." But your #7 above, where LP
gives a somewhat different impression, will lead me back to review some of the earlier videos and interviews. Thanks for such a clear presentation.

Finally, Bless you in your chemo, and know that I for sure relate personally to the physical suffering of such humbling life/death struggles.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Verité For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 05-31-2009, 08:09 AM
Lisabet Lisabet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 134
On thing I would really like to clear up where George is concerned is just how much of a LE background he really has. I remember early on in this case his background in LE was more fully explored, and it was determined that he was a deputy in the Sheriff's Department for a little while, but was actually not much more than a Barney Fife in his small Ohio town. I've heard Cindy and others refer to him as an ex homicide detective, but in actuality I don't think he ever held a position anything like that. In the town where I live Sheriff's Department employees are beneath the true police department, and they consider it a big step up if they can get to the police academy and then be hired by the police department. So, what really is the extent of George's background, some twenty odd years ago, as a "cop"?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lisabet For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 05-31-2009, 09:10 AM
DaughterAlice's Avatar
DaughterAlice DaughterAlice is offline
''I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, sweetie, but it's me! Me! Me! Me!''
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisabet View Post
On thing I would really like to clear up where George is concerned is just how much of a LE background he really has. I remember early on in this case his background in LE was more fully explored, and it was determined that he was a deputy in the Sheriff's Department for a little while, but was actually not much more than a Barney Fife in his small Ohio town. I've heard Cindy and others refer to him as an ex homicide detective, but in actuality I don't think he ever held a position anything like that. In the town where I live Sheriff's Department employees are beneath the true police department, and they consider it a big step up if they can get to the police academy and then be hired by the police department. So, what really is the extent of George's background, some twenty odd years ago, as a "cop"?
This is so interesting to me! I have never known any of the specifics of his past work with LE. I can only say that soooo many of his comments & actions have been contradicting & convoluted (ie - his concerns about the smell of death in the car, then later saying that it was something else entirely). Many times I've had to scratch my head and wonder how someone trained in the ways of LE could have such twisted logic.

Honestly, I think what really happens w/GA (re his inconsistancies) is that he says what he thinks, then CA reviews his words & tells "you should never have said that (you stupid cow!), next time I want you to say . . . ."

I think we know who wears the pants in that family!! It's not GA - too weak willed.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DaughterAlice For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 05-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Lisabet Lisabet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterAlice View Post
This is so interesting to me! I have never known any of the specifics of his past work with LE. I can only say that soooo many of his comments & actions have been contradicting & convoluted (ie - his concerns about the smell of death in the car, then later saying that it was something else entirely). Many times I've had to scratch my head and wonder how someone trained in the ways of LE could have such twisted logic.

Honestly, I think what really happens w/GA (re his inconsistancies) is that he says what he thinks, then CA reviews his words & tells "you should never have said that (you stupid cow!), next time I want you to say . . . ."

I think we know who wears the pants in that family!! It's not GA - too weak willed.
Your word: "training". That was another subject that was explored almost a year ago. Apparently George didn't get any formal training at all in order to get a job with that little Sheriff's Department many years ago. I just think too much has been made of the fact that he was in LE many years ago. The dispatcher could say that too, and make a giant leap from being a phone answerer to being a homicide detective. Yes! George IS weak, poor thing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisabet For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 05-31-2009, 10:11 AM
AlwaysShocked AlwaysShocked is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,392
Could someone explain to me the difference between being a sherrif and being a police officer? Where I live each town has it's own police department with officers and then we also have the County Sherrif's Office. I have never understood the relationship/difference. Anyone??
  #19  
Old 05-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Lisabet Lisabet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
Could someone explain to me the difference between being a sherrif and being a police officer? Where I live each town has it's own police department with officers and then we also have the County Sherrif's Office. I have never understood the relationship/difference. Anyone??
I really don't know either, but where I live the Sheriff's Department does some patrolling in out-lying areas, manages the jail and answers animal complaints. They defer to the police department in all matters, but are like a second tier back up, especially in the more rural areas.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisabet For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 05-31-2009, 10:30 AM
justsaying's Avatar
justsaying justsaying is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisabet View Post
I really don't know either, but where I live the Sheriff's Department does some patrolling in out-lying areas, manages the jail and answers animal complaints. They defer to the police department in all matters, but are like a second tier back up, especially in the more rural areas.
I may be wrong, but I always thought that police depts were city positions and restricted to the city limits, but sheriff depts were county wide positions, and worked with city officers if crime fell outside city limits.
__________________
"I insist that when you have only one M&M left, it's an M."
....George Carlin
The Following User Says Thank You to justsaying For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 05-31-2009, 10:47 AM
DaughterAlice's Avatar
DaughterAlice DaughterAlice is offline
''I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, sweetie, but it's me! Me! Me! Me!''
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsaying View Post
I may be wrong, but I always thought that police depts were city positions and restricted to the city limits, but sheriff depts were county wide positions, and worked with city officers if crime fell outside city limits.
This has always been my understanding as well. The A residence, like our own, sits outside of city limits even though we have an Orlando adress. Therefore we have OCSO overseeing us as opposed to the Orlando police. It is interesting though, to ask what happens within city limits? Can OCSO be involved in the investigation of a crime that has OPD jurisdiction?

Does anyone know of specific research done on GA's job history/experience w/LE? Perhaps in the sticky section?

If GA is truly over-embelishing his LE experience, it might be worth noting in the family profile. Maybe KC isn't the only one who lies about her work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaughterAlice For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 05-31-2009, 10:51 AM
marla marla is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisabet View Post
Your word: "training". That was another subject that was explored almost a year ago. Apparently George didn't get any formal training at all in order to get a job with that little Sheriff's Department many years ago. I just think too much has been made of the fact that he was in LE many years ago. The dispatcher could say that too, and make a giant leap from being a phone answerer to being a homicide detective. Yes! George IS weak, poor thing.
I think the fact that George hasn't held steady employment in some twenty years, speaks volumes ..
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to marla For This Useful Post:
  #23  
Old 05-31-2009, 10:53 AM
DEPUTYDAWG's Avatar
DEPUTYDAWG DEPUTYDAWG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 10,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsaying View Post
I may be wrong, but I always thought that police depts were city positions and restricted to the city limits, but sheriff depts were county wide positions, and worked with city officers if crime fell outside city limits.
You are correct. County Sheriff's Dept's handle the unincorporated areas of a county.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DEPUTYDAWG For This Useful Post:
  #24  
Old 05-31-2009, 11:07 AM
jeepgirlva's Avatar
jeepgirlva jeepgirlva is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 745
I think GA could have smelled the decomp during the gas can episode and knew the truth but went into immediate denial and supression of his feelings (he would have never told Cindy)

GA seems to wear a mask (his immaculate grooming habits)to hide all that is bubbling inside him that he keeps pushing down. He is very sneaky (and with a wife like CIndy I am sure he has to be)and I think KC would go to him with a problem before she would go to Cindy (too much drama w/her mother )and I think he taught her how to be sneaky and how to lie. In the core family itself I don't think Cindy would lie she didn't have to because she had all the power, but GA taught KC how to deal w/Cindy they had to be sneaky.

I don't think GA is evil like KC he wouldn't hurt Caylee,but yeah I think he might have known but I don't think he saw the body or helped KC dispose of the body.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jeepgirlva For This Useful Post:
  #25  
Old 05-31-2009, 11:24 AM
aafromaa's Avatar
aafromaa aafromaa is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: arkansas
Posts: 406
LittleBitty - hope you feel better soon - interesting thread - I disagree with your conclusions and find it very interesting that two inquisitive people like you and me can look at the same things and read them so differently...

I am one of those that believe that GA was mistaken about the date he last saw Caylee. I believe what he described did occur pretty much the way he described it but I just don't think it took place on the 16th. I think it may have been 6/9 but I don't know for sure that it was the last time he saw them or just the last time that sticks out in his mind and I don't think he was lying just that he was mistaken about the date. In fact, if we consider that originally everyone was going with 6/9 then it may be that GA was the only one who wasn't wrong but later concluded it must have been the 16th because Caylee was in Mt Dora on the 15th. But she may have gone with CA on the 8th as well since CA had frequent trips to see her parents.

I don't think GA knew or even suspected on the 24th that anything had happened to Caylee. (You mentioned CA & LA looking for KC by this time - but I think that was over a week later - 7/3 I think.) I think that GA knew his daughter had lied to him about many things for quite some time and that she had stolen money from CA & SP and used her credit cards and used his gas from his gas cans on prior occasions and that he suspected she had done it again. He had called LE to report it this time for 2 reasons - 1st because he'd heard from neighbors about other thefts of gas in the area and thought it possible it wasn't KC this time and 2nd because the lock was broken off the shed this time and KC hadn't done that before. Still, he suspected it was KC and thought that if he told her he wanted that wedge out of her car he might find the cans there. He was likely surprised when KC was so opposed to him going into the trunk himself and yet gave him the gas cans too - my guess is that later he concluded that she had something else she was trying to hide in that trunk but at that moment he was probably just wondering what that was all about. As for why he didn't smell anything, I firmly believe there was no odor or at least very little on the 24th. Remember, KC 1st mentioned the smell in a text to Amy on the 25th - my opinion is that is when it first became very noticible at all. You asked why he didn't call CA & tell her that he saw KC at the house - but I thought he did. He called CA & told her KC was just at the house and had the gas cans. She had told CA she was in Tampa with ZFG who'd had a car wreck & was in the hospital so when CA confronted her about GA seeing her at the house, she concocted the story about having to come back to Orlando to get ZFG's insurance papers or something & just came by the house to get some clothes or somthing.

I can't speak too much to the computer usage but I can tell you that I frequently have both my laptop and desktop going at the same time - working on one and Websleuthing on the other! I think KC was probably using both of them. GA worked 3-11 most weekdays during June if that helps any.

I think your conclusion about GA's reference to the last time he heard KC's voice on the 16th during the depo - instead of the last time he saw her - is...well...just wrong. (No offence intended.) My brother died 4 years ago and my mother still sometimes speaks of the last time she saw him and other times the last time she heard his voice - but it was the same time - it's just that sometimes she is focused on missing his voice. And I also don't think that any of the A's could have known Caylee was out there off Surburban and left her there to rot for 6 months. I know many have criticized them for waiting so long to have the memorial and such and waiting so long to accept that she was dead. I'm not even talking about those kinds of things. I'm just saying that if CA or GA or LA had any knowledge of Caylee's death when it happend or the location of the body shortly after it, they would have found a way to get a tip to LE to bring that baby home for a funeral before she decayed where they could have seen their little girl to say good-bye -touched her face or her hair - you get the picture. There were many things I found disturbing with both GA's & CA's & LA's depos that put them very near or across the line of purgery IMHO but nothing that made me think they knew early on and were involved in any way with the death or disposal of the body.

As for GA considering suicide - wouldn't the realization that your granddaughter was dead at your daughter's hands be enough reason to consider it? wouldn't the daily attacks from protesters and onslaught of media attention be enough? doesn't the loss of a loved often trigger consideration of suicide? (My mother, older sister, and youngest brother all battled with that when my brother was killed.)

I couldn't say why KC wanted to see GA that day or why she cancelled the meeting at the last minute but I also can't make the leap that says since he's the one she wanted to see alone it must mean that he was involved. I think GA was expecting for his daughter to confess to him and hoping she was going to confess to covering up some accident instead of something she might have done to Caylee on purpose.

I think there is a big difference in what GA might have known by "proponderance of the evidence" or by any "personal knowledge" or participation. I do believe that GA knew when he smelled the car at the tow yard that a dead body had been in the car. He knew that Caylee had spoken to CA the day before. He was pretty sure that dead body was Caylee's and when KC started lying about dropping her off at Sawgrass, GA knew that Caylee's dead body had been in that car. But he didn't know it because he had seen it or helped dispose of a body. He knew it the same way the rest of us did when we heard this news. We didn't have to wait for that lab result that reported the deathband on hair that had to be either KC's or Caylee's. We already knew and so did he.

You said you didn't think that KC was strong enough to carry Caylee's body because of her size. I have to tell you that I have a "petite" little sister - she's about 5'1" and size 3 or 4 - and she's had 4 kids and is over 40 - yes, I'm jealous! My point is I moved a few years ago and this little sister came and helped me load the u-haul. I was shocked at her strength and stamina - she lifted boxes of books and TVs and such and stacked them all the way to the top. I've seen her pick up 100 lb sack of corn and throw it over her shoulder like it was nothing - she barely weighs 100 lbs herself! She doesn't let me forget that dynamite comes in small packages. So don't understimate KC's ability - she wouldn't have needed help even if she had carried Caylee through the woods to dump her - but I believe she drove.

As for GA looking down and not asking KC questions and such - I think he knew everything that was being said was a lie anyway. I don't think he looks guilty but I do think he looks ashamed - not because he had anything to do with it but ashamed of what his daughter has done.

As I said, interesting thread and interesting how differently we can view the same things. My prayers are with your that your treatments will be a success and you'll be feeling better soon.
__________________
I know that you think you understand what you thought you heard me say, but, I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard me say is not really what I meant to convey.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to aafromaa For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Support Thread: George, Cindy & Lee Anthony Softail Caylee Anthony 2 years old 476 08-02-2011 01:32 PM
I'm very concerned about George Anthony greycoupon Caylee Anthony 2 years old 20 07-05-2011 05:18 PM
Focusing Solely on Cindy's Inconsistencies Chiquita71 Caylee Anthony 2 years old 455 04-22-2011 08:21 PM
Latest from George Anthony 1-2-09 at 11:58 PM jujube Caylee Anthony 2 years old 623 01-05-2009 06:35 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!