Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-01-2009, 04:23 PM
roller26's Avatar
roller26 roller26 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: orange county, ca
Posts: 1,304
Richard Allen Davis- Death sentence upheld

I've never started a thread, so Mod's please forgive if I screw this up somehow.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...UPVC.DTL&tsp=1

"(06-01) 12:20 PDT PETALUMA -- The state Supreme Court upheld the death sentence today of Richard Allen Davis, the repeat felon who became the catalyst for California's "three strikes" law when he kidnapped 12-year-old Polly Klaas from her Petaluma home and strangled her in 1993.

In a unanimous ruling, the justices rejected defense arguments that police had obtained Davis' confession illegally by questioning him about Polly's whereabouts after he had asked for a lawyer following his arrest in December 1993. The court said the questioning had been proper because officers had reason to believe that Davis was their best hope of saving the girl, who had been missing for more than two months."

The ruling can be viewed at http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions...ts/S056425.PDF

Last edited by roller26; 06-01-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: added url/snippet
Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to roller26 For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 06-01-2009, 04:42 PM
octobermoon's Avatar
octobermoon octobermoon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,467
Thank you for reporting this news.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 06-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Marthatex's Avatar
Marthatex Marthatex is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 18,095
What are they waiting for? It frustrates me, that if they decide on the death penalty, that it isn't carried out in a reasonable time IMO.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marthatex For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 06-02-2009, 12:28 AM
roller26's Avatar
roller26 roller26 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: orange county, ca
Posts: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthatex View Post
What are they waiting for? It frustrates me, that if they decide on the death penalty, that it isn't carried out in a reasonable time IMO.
I know! That's exactly what I was thinking when I finished reading the article. It's ridiculous. How many times can he appeal?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roller26 For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 06-02-2009, 02:25 AM
Gozgals's Avatar
Gozgals Gozgals is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In a place called Vertigo
Posts: 17,662
This is taking much too long. Let's get rid of this garbage now. He needs to be gone. It needs to happen now and he is no loss to our society.

Thanks for the update

gozgals
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gozgals For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 06-02-2009, 02:39 AM
FACE-IT FACE-IT is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: in paradise
Posts: 24,498
this is one of those cases when they should have needled him 30 days after his conviction. there is no reason for him to ever see the light of day again, and there shouldn't be any chance of a retrial; he's GUILTY...period..needle him ...end of story
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FACE-IT For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 06-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Otise's Avatar
Otise Otise is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzm1 View Post
this is one of those cases when they should have needled him 30 days after his conviction. there is no reason for him to ever see the light of day again, and there shouldn't be any chance of a retrial; he's GUILTY...period..needle him ...end of story

Couldn't have said it better myself.
__________________

My beloved Jared
12/18/83-11/19/84
Gone too soon by violence.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Otise For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 06-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Dr. Doogie Dr. Doogie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,431
I want this SOB dead and I want it to happen while Joe Klaas (Polly's grandfather) is still alive. I want Mark Klaas to be able to see the last remenants of a miserable life drain out of RAD's body. And I want the last sight that Davis sees before he begins his stay in eternal fire and damnation to be Mark giving him the finger - just like Davis did to Klaas at the trial.

Like I always say when discussing Davis: When you have a turd in the toilet bowl, you flush it. Good riddance.
__________________
drdoogief@comcast.net
www.searchingforanna.com

Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from http://www.lulu.com/content/2005085
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Doogie For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 06-02-2009, 02:23 PM
eleven eleven is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie View Post
I want this SOB dead and I want it to happen while Joe Klaas (Polly's grandfather) is still alive. I want Mark Klaas to be able to see the last remenants of a miserable life drain out of RAD's body. And I want the last sight that Davis sees before he begins his stay in eternal fire and damnation to be Mark giving him the finger - just like Davis did to Klaas at the trial.

Like I always say when discussing Davis: When you have a turd in the toilet bowl, you flush it. Good riddance.
Did that SOB seriously give Mark Klaas the finger during the trial????? Un-freaking-believable. Wow. What a piece of trash. I have NO IDEA how Mark did not physically attack him at that point.

Kill the worthless piece of crap already.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eleven For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 06-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Dr. Doogie Dr. Doogie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven View Post
Did that SOB seriously give Mark Klaas the finger during the trial????? Un-freaking-believable. Wow. What a piece of trash. I have NO IDEA how Mark did not physically attack him at that point.

Kill the worthless piece of crap already.
Yes, he gave the whole court the finger (see pic). Mark Klaas did have to be restrained from attacking Davis at one point - Davis made the claim on the stand that Polly had begged Davis to "not do me like my daddy does me". Mark erupted with "Rot in Hell, Davis!" and tried to rush him, but was grabbed by the baliffs and escorted from the court room.

If and when the state of California finally does put a needle in this a-hole's arm, I will be one happy, happy man.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Richard%20Allen%20Davis%20of%20Polly%20Klass%20Fame.jpg (8.8 KB, 17 views)
__________________
drdoogief@comcast.net
www.searchingforanna.com

Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from http://www.lulu.com/content/2005085
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Doogie For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 06-02-2009, 04:02 PM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
Thank you for the report-Mark's hard work and heart-break this year paid off....not that there was any question regarding the outcome.
__________________
email me


Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


Bob Harrod SAR


“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 06-03-2009, 07:10 AM
fran fran is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 31,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by roller26 View Post
I know! That's exactly what I was thinking when I finished reading the article. It's ridiculous. How many times can he appeal?
He can appeal at least 20 years worth.

Isn't his time about up?

fran
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 06-03-2009, 02:55 PM
thefragile7393's Avatar
thefragile7393 thefragile7393 is offline
Chronically sleep deprived
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,511
Forget "upheld," lets go for "carried out" already!
If I remember correctly (and I don't know if it would have applied in this case) a few days ago I heard on NPR that the Supreme Court ruled that detectives can keep questioning someone even after a person says they want a lawyer, although the person does not have to answer the questions until a lawyer shows up.
__________________
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
Living in the
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thefragile7393 For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 06-04-2009, 01:23 AM
roller26's Avatar
roller26 roller26 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: orange county, ca
Posts: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fran View Post
He can appeal at least 20 years worth.

Isn't his time about up?

fran
Geez 20 yrs! I didn't know that. Thank you fran. This man makes me feel sick to my stomach.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roller26 For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 06-04-2009, 01:26 AM
roller26's Avatar
roller26 roller26 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: orange county, ca
Posts: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie View Post
Yes, he gave the whole court the finger (see pic). Mark Klaas did have to be restrained from attacking Davis at one point - Davis made the claim on the stand that Polly had begged Davis to "not do me like my daddy does me". Mark erupted with "Rot in Hell, Davis!" and tried to rush him, but was grabbed by the baliffs and escorted from the court room.

If and when the state of California finally does put a needle in this a-hole's arm, I will be one happy, happy man.
I've only read the reports regarding this incident.
Thank you for posting the pic though. Unfreeking believable!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-04-2009, 08:32 AM
fran fran is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 31,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
Forget "upheld," lets go for "carried out" already!
If I remember correctly (and I don't know if it would have applied in this case) a few days ago I heard on NPR that the Supreme Court ruled that detectives can keep questioning someone even after a person says they want a lawyer, although the person does not have to answer the questions until a lawyer shows up.
I haven't seen the article you may be referring to, but it's my understanding that LE can continue questioning IF they feel the victim is still alive and time is of the essence.

That was the reasoning behind continued questioning of Couey, who murdered Jessica Lunsford. LE THOUGHT there was still a chance Jessica was still alive, so when he said he wanted a lawyer, they continued on. He eventually led them to Jessica, but she was already deceased, smothered because he buried her alive.

Couey's confession was thrown out, but they had enough to convict the POS anyway.

IMO, that would be the case here too, most likely. There's no doubt, confession or not, that Davis killed Polly. It's just without his confession, they may have never found her, or it COULD have been years.

I hate that he keeps getting all these second chances. It's too bad Polly doesn't get a 'do over!' Davis saw that her fate was permanent!


fran

PS.........This poor family,............having to relive this over and over and over..........every time this jerk gets another say in court. It's cruel and unusual punishment, what the surviving family has to be put through to be sure the murderer get's all of his Rights!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disgusting - Richard Allen Davis Azlaw Up to the Minute 26 02-13-2010 05:09 PM
Richard Allen Davis's cell searched for Ramsey link Linda7NJ JonBenet Ramsey 22 08-18-2006 07:33 PM
Found Deceased VA - Allen Richard "Chip" Ellis III, 18, Midlothian, 22 May 2006 Perry Located Forum Discussion 26 06-01-2006 12:46 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!