Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials

Notices

Trials Current Trials In the news

Old 06-10-2010, 09:02 AM

Did SB have a hearing on Monday June 7??
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hellinor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2010, 11:27 PM
JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE MARIE - STILL WAITING

Thank you hellinor, I hadn't forgotten - just having E-Connect trouble.

Quote:
The following was provided by our friend Kat of Katfish....Ponders fame:

http://katfishponders.blogspot.com/2...er-murder.html

The information provided here is compiled from various posts and e-mail correspondence and phone calls about the hearing details, so this report is not verbatim and may not be reported in the exact order that it occurred in court.

Superior Court Judge Hayden Zackey presided over this hearing. Deputy District Attorney (DDA)S. Kelly Cromer is representing the people and Stacey Barker is being represented by Public Defender (PD) Roberto F. Dager.

This hearing was held in a different courtroom because the air conditioning in Judge Zackey's courtroom wasn't working and as Tori put it, "It was 2 degrees hotter than hell today". She also noted that in this courtroom on the back of the table where the defendant sits was a sign that says, "Do not communicate with prisoners" and stated a PC code violation number.

The reason we mention this is because at the last hearing, when Barker entered the courtroom she said "hiii" to her boyfriend in a flirtatious manner, during the hearing she was bouncy and laughing with her attorney, and when she was led out of the courtroom by the bailiff she turned in a "coy" way and said "BYE" to her family...kind of like she was somewhere other than a court of law.....bidding farewell to her fans. She was definitely in violation.

The regular accredited press from the Antelope Valley News was in court today. Time Warner Cable was also there recording the proceedings. One of the camera guys put a microphone on the attorney's table, Public defender Roberto Dager removed it and handed it to a bailiff, Johnny, who gave it back to the camera man.....so he just set it behind the table and the hearing started.

Judge Zackey started the hearing by announcing the next court date will be June 28 to finish up all pre-trial discovery, motions and whatever else. Then he said we'll be back on July 26 for trial, this will be 40 of 60.

The attorneys for both sides were having a "debate" about some new discovery that the defense hasn't received yet. DDA Kelly Cromer has some CD's that consist of taped visits with civilians that went to see Barker in jail and some letters to and from another inmate at the jail.

Evidently Dager hasn't seen the letters yet because Judge Zackey told Cromer to give the defense a CD of the letters. DDA Cormer told the court she wants to have all of the discovery transcribed to include who Barker is talking to and who is saying what.

Hmmm.....must be planning to use some of this in court if the state is going to the trouble of having transcriptions made. What part about "no rights to privacy" is it that people who are incarcerated don't get?

That was the end of the hearing and the bailiff, Johnny, pulled out Stacey Barker's chair and took her by the arm to go back into lockup before she could even say goodbye to PD Dager, she didn't even attempt to look at her family and boyfriend.

Hopefully, both parties will get all the loose ends tied up by the June 28th hearing so the July 26 trial date will stand! There will be justice for Emma soon. As I have said before, Truth = Justice. It is time for the truth to come out, whatever that may be.
DDA Kelly Cromer is establishing quite the name for herself and I could not be happier for her to be heading up Emma's Team - two trials she has been involved with, over just the last few months involving kids with very bad parents, both lost while on trial and were found guilty of Murder 2 - 25 to life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
09/02/07~03/18/09
~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
jmho as always
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2010, 04:14 AM

Bump for Emma Love

~Emma Leigh Barker~
09/02/07~03/18/09
~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma

~~~~~~~~~~~
jmho as always
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2010, 03:45 AM
Fallen Angel

BUMPING FOR EMMA

LCM- ANY IDEA WHEN THE NEXT HEARING IS??

Thanks for staying so dedicated to finging Justice for Emma. You know we are on the same page as far as SB goes, and I wanted to publicly THANK YOU for keeping us updated from "the girl's/Katfish's" site
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chicogirl36 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicogirl36 View Post
BUMPING FOR EMMA

LCM- ANY IDEA WHEN THE NEXT HEARING IS??

Thanks for staying so dedicated to finging Justice for Emma. You know we are on the same page as far as SB goes, and I wanted to publicly THANK YOU for keeping us updated from "the girl's/Katfish's" site
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCoastMom View Post
Judge Zackey started the hearing by announcing the next court date will be June 28 to finish up all pre-trial discovery, motions and whatever else. Then he said we'll be back on July 26 for trial, this will be 40 of 60.
I am patiently awaiting a summary of today, and oh will July 26 ever come?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hellinor For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2010, 03:10 AM
Kind words do not cost much

I haven't forgotten Sweet Emma.

to heaven for Emma.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2010, 04:43 AM
Doer of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCoastMom
BBM - I have seen these numbers several times in this thread. Can someone tell me what they mean? TIA
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
BBM - I have seen these numbers several times in this thread. Can someone tell me what they mean? TIA
Don't quote me, I'll have to double check but if I am remembering correctly it has to do with the right to a speedy trial, it is the deadline, for either side to finish filing official documents or sharing info etc. number of days (60) number of days that will pass by that date (40) and to return to court.

I need to find out what exactly it is that resets this count down as we have seen this more than once.

Thanks for the question, that had been bothering me too.

ETA: Our res expert agrees and as far as she remembers, when the case is not ready for trial, the count down is restarted by filing a motion for this or that reason, so when the last 60 out of 60 was hit, and the PD was not ready they must have filed for an "extension" which is why she again went back to the 60 out of (whatever) it was that day.

I cut part of the report this hearing, it is just our dribble of what is seen and said (prior to the momster appearing in court) and doesn't change the hearing information. It was 2* hotter than hades and 3 full buses of detainees who were unloaded and processed before the hearing started.

As always I'll leave KatFishPonders link if you want to catch the rest. Also a photo of DevilDude is posted at her site.

http://katfishponders.blogspot.com/

KatFish has passed on her thanks to those of you who have been visiting her.

It was noted that momster had a very neat hair braid and appeared quiet, there were no dances down the walkway this hearing or winks to lover boy. Who was sitting with Emma's great grandparents, they have continued with the little remarks and nasty looks which has caused "Nurse" to question when this became about us, she doesn't understand why it bothers them that someone wants to see justice for Emma.

Please note that as usual Mr/Mrs Barker and sons were not present, nor have they ever participated in this little game.

Quote:

In a hearing held at the Lancaster courthouse on June 28 Superior Court Judge Hayden Zackey has again changed the date for the murder trial of Stacey Barker to now start on Monday, September 20, 2010.

As soon as court is under way, Cromer hands Dager a disc. She says there's a wire tap conversation on the disc ( it isn't clear whose line was tapped) there are also taped phone calls the defendant made and (most interesting IMO) are letters she has exchanged with an inmate Sutton. Judge Zackey asks, "Is that the Erin Sutton who was in my courtroom?" Cromer, Dager and another attorney (unidentified) all respond, " Yes it is your honor." Judge Zackey looks puzzled and maybe a bit shocked when he finds out it was the same guy. (Evidently he didn't make the connection at the last hearing when this was mentioned.)

Our friends actually made the connection at the last hearing, but I didn't include the following in that post because we didn't know his first name so we weren't positive it was the inmate Sutton who had been in Zackey's court before. Judge Zackey wasn't the only one surprised to learn that the inmate Barker has been corresponding with was someone we have talked about before. He has no relationship to this case (before now) but was in court the same day as Stacey back in September 2009. Our friends TD and Anurse nicknamed him "Devil Dude" when they saw him back then, here is how they described him at that time:

"Devil dude was a very creepy guy covered in tattoos (Kat input I love tattoos) but they were all over his bald head, on his face all over his hands and arms, he had a very evil look to him, his eyes were seriously creepy...He was brought in to the courtroom and we were all asked to clear the room...He was all shackled up, he had the handcuffs, the chain around his waist, and the bracelets around his ankles...There were I think like 3 or 4 guards in the room....I donít know what he did, but as we were allowed back in the courtroom, he looked at everyone in the eyes, like he was getting a image of us in his head...He was just creepy, we all had shivers when he looked at us..."

we don't know exactly what this guy did; however, he makes mention on his MS that he was arrested and is facing life in prison because of something he "allegedly" did to a guy he took guitar lessons from, after he found out the guy was a convicted sex offender and this guy had been trying to get Vampire to allow him to give Vampire's 12 year old daughter "private lessons". He claims he is falsely accused.....but that's a story for another day.*

Update: After further investigation we find that Sutton is in jail for felony robbery with a $2 million bail. Perhaps a third strike felony? The RSO "Vampire" mentions on his MySpace is still living in Lancaster and is listed on the Megan's law website as a child molester.

The bigger question is, how did Stacey Barker meet him and why did she choose this guy for a friend? Our guess is she met him on the bus ride to court, it's 90 miles each way. We know of at least twice that they were in court on the same day. Some think it's a protection thing. She may think other inmates won't mess with her if they are friends. I tend to think they are commiserating with each other because they are both "falsely accused and can relate", who knows??? It seems something from their communications will be used in the trial anyway. We'll see...... **

Ok, back to the hearing....Judge Zackey says he has spoken with both parties and everything is complete in the discovery process. He learned from Cormer and Dager that both they and some of the witnesses and investigators have commitments near the proposed July 26 trial date, so that date will now be a pre-trial hearing.The trial will be the week of September 24. Monday the 20th will start the trial.(We're not sure if that is when jury selection starts, we'll know more after July 26.)

Zackey was very clear that there will be no more delays. Zackey addressed the lawyers," You both want it to stay in this court right? " They both said, "yes". He said, "Alright then, there will be NO more delays unless I am in a trial, then you both agree to wait until I am finished to start the trial...the only delays will be from ME, agree?" They both said," Yes" and that was it the hearing was over.
We can't make this up, the gals dubbed him devil dude based on his scary looks his name on MySpace is Vampire's Empire and the mother of his daughter, goes by: Devil_DOLLS.F.V.

* Devil Dude claims he was arrested and convicted based on lies of his former friend and the case had ended in a hung jury the first time through.

I'm guessing the formerly "goth wannabe" momster may have been a fan of DD and was probably beside herself to be on the same bus.

** It appears this creepy guy has been around awhile in the CA system, notes from "friends" on MySpace have him in lock up 2007 and 2008. There is also a case I have found in United States District Court (of California), from 2005.

Civil Rights - Other Civil Rights
Erin Joseph Sutton v. City of Los Angeles et al.
case number: 2:2005cv08906
Filed: December 22, 2005
California Central District Court
Presiding Judge: Paul L. Abrams

~Emma Leigh Barker~
09/02/07~03/18/09
~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma

~~~~~~~~~~~
jmho as always

Last edited by LCoastMom; 07-02-2010 at 09:09 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2010, 05:10 PM

I can't help it I just have to ask after her behavior at the previous court date.

What is wrong with this woman????
Old 07-02-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredblondy View Post
I can't help it I just have to ask after her behavior at the previous court date.

What is wrong with this woman????

I believe it was 2 hearings ago, Ms Thang was in all her glory looking like a rock star and waving to her fans, while winking at her former boyfriend.

You would never know she was in a court of law, for murdering her baby. We were all pretty upset.

~Emma Leigh Barker~
09/02/07~03/18/09
~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma

~~~~~~~~~~~
jmho as always
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCoastMom View Post
I believe it was 2 hearings ago, Ms Thang was in all her glory looking like a rock star and waving to her fans, while winking at her former boyfriend.

You would never know she was in a court of law, for murdering her baby. We were all pretty upset.
sure sounds like another tot mom who suffocated her daughter, then dumped her like garbage, doesnt it?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
sure sounds like another tot mom who suffocated her daughter, then dumped her like garbage, doesnt it?
I hear you kbl, there was a remark way back when from a coworker - she claimed sb would get upset when people spoke badly of KC, saying no one knew what happened to Caylee and it wasn't fair to dump it on her mother. I really feel like there is an emotional connection there from sb.

I sure do wish we had Sunshine laws here so we could have a copy of that disk. Tori said she is pretty sure the tapped phone call was between Devil Dude and momster. I also want to take a look at the letters.

I was thinking about he trial starting in Sept and realized we are going to pass another of Emma's BDay's before the trial even starts. lil angel would have turned 3 on Sept 2.

The following is an interesting study on mothers who kill, the article was written regarding the Anthony's but there is a paragraph that applies directly to sb. The clips from the article are in italics.

The Five baseic categories that have emerged (there are more) are: Altruistic, Psychotic, Unwanted, Accidental, Revenge. Some mothers share more than one category.

Altruistic; While I don't believe Emma's murder truly to be altruistic, sb did claim the death was to prevent Emma from making the mistakes she made in life, so at some point she must have thought about this as a motive.

Unwanted; sb's new boy toy was not interested in having a ready made family.

Revenge; sb was confronted by her mother just before leaving with Emma, she was told to start acting like a mother, instead of dumping her duty to hang with boys.

While on some level I feel most people who intentionally murder a child are "mentally unbalanced" to some degree, I do not believe most of them meet the criteria of criminally insane. (not knowing right from wrong.) I don't believe an adult who holds their hand over a baby's mouth and nose can later say the death was an accident - it ticks me off in the worst way to hear these POC later say they didn't mean for it to kill the child, that would fall under the label of torture, if it were true, that makes them just as awful IMO.

In the acutely psychotic filicide, the parent kills under the influence of severe mental illness - I know not everyone agrees with this but I believe Andrea Yates and Otty Sanchez, who murdered her new born son last summer - to be truly psychotic, only someone in their league is going to get my vote.

In unwanted child filicides, the murder occurs because the parent no longer desires the child for non-psychotic reasons such as illegitimacy or uncertain paternity; the child is in the way of personal ambitions; and sometimes consider this a "too late abortion" with the child being either male or female, and the death age to be under two.

I guess this includes sb in her desire to have a boyfriend and come and go as she pleased. It is very low on the scale of what most people would consider an ambition, each to their own?

I would say it makes Emma's death that much more tragic.

~Emma Leigh Barker~
09/02/07~03/18/09
~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma

~~~~~~~~~~~
jmho as always

Last edited by LCoastMom; 07-06-2010 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:51 PM
We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!

You might want to take that link out of your post as it is a forbidden link, that is not allowed to be posted.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Banned

when casey anthony is your role model, you dont deserve to live
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2010, 02:59 AM

Bump for Miss Emma.

One week left until July 26, we are watching Emma.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2010, 04:43 AM

bumping for you lil one. justice soon *love*
Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 AM

Bump today is Monday July 26, 2010. Here for Emma and waiting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 01:22 AM

The hearing scheduled for yesterday, 7/26 was delayed - The court is now in need of some information from DD - Mr Erin Sutton. Mr Sutton will be in Judge Zacky's court on Aug 11 to answer some questions....

No telling what Mr Sutton has to share at this point but we should all know shortly.

Little Emma's momster mouthed an "I love you to BB" - while being returned to the holding cell. Two 90 minute rides to the court and back to the jail - all for a two minute hearing. Thank goodness sb is jailed in America, where her rights are so much more important than her daughters' right to breathe.

~Emma Leigh Barker~
09/02/07~03/18/09
~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma

~~~~~~~~~~~
jmho as always

Last edited by LCoastMom; 07-27-2010 at 11:54 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2010, 03:36 AM

I just wanted to say thank you for keeping us updated!! Without your wonderful reporting, I would never know if we get Justice for Emma!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Thrs0806 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2010, 04:40 AM
Doer of Things

Who is Mr. Sutton? I don't remember him being mentioned before. I'm sure he probably was and I don't remember it. Why is he important enough to hold up the case? I thought Judge Zackey was determined to keep things moving?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2010, 04:43 AM
Doer of Things

What is with the boyfriend hanging on? They weren't together that long before her arrest. Why is he even attending these court hearings? I find that very strange. Could it be he feels guilty for telling her he didn't want kids and feels partially responsible?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
Who is Mr. Sutton? I don't remember him being mentioned before. I'm sure he probably was and I don't remember it. Why is he important enough to hold up the case? I thought Judge Zackey was determined to keep things moving?
He is, but this maybe important, the next hearing is 8/11, this is not another postponement yet.... and as long as this is nothing but one crazy talking to another crazy - I hope there is no postponing -

Judge Z needs to find out what these two fools talked about! And if they were both in lockup how did they have a phone conversation???

Dager (I just discovered) also claims to be needing time to interview more witnesses - sb has been locked up for 15 mos - he could have interviewed the whole AV by now - I hope he is done 'pdq' - Zacky can tell him he has had enough time (let's hope he does just that if Dager claims not to be ready)

Quote:
(From hearing 7/02) Cromer hands Dager a disc. She says there's a wire tap conversation on the disc ( it isn't clear whose line was tapped) there are also taped phone calls the defendant made and (most interesting IMO) are letters she has exchanged with an inmate Sutton. Judge Zackey asks, "Is that the Erin Sutton who was in my courtroom?" Cromer, Dager and another attorney (unidentified) all respond, " Yes it is your honor." Judge Zackey looks puzzled and maybe a bit shocked when he finds out it was the same guy. (Evidently he didn't make the connection at the last hearing when this was mentioned.)
Mr Sutton AKA Devil Dude.

Two jailed "innocents" remember sb calls Emma's death "an accident" - Mr Sutton who is jailed on robbery charges, but claims his trial was over lies of a convicted child molester offering private guitar lessons to his daughter.

DD Has a blog - the following was from 12/07

Quote:
(snipped) I am not in Slumber (dead) I have been removed from the freedom I adore by the FALSE accusations of my Guitar Intructor/Betraying Friend who turned out to be a CONVICTED CHILD MOLESTER! I now sit here within the belly of this Beast fighting my case. Your thoughts and letters are indeed welcome!
The second was 12/08 with pretrial starting 1/09

Quote:
(snipped) The first trial resulted in a Hung Jury for the falsely accused father in which his accuser, the CONVICTED CHILD MOLESTER: Wilson, was impeached & proven to be a liar several times while testifying under oath! As was another so-called witness for the prosecution...who also admitted to being on drugs at the time!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT for Mr. Sutton, his daughter and for Real Justice! Show your disgust at a perverts ability to pervert justice by showing up and attending Round TWO in this families fight for FREEDOM & HEALING in what is a sad and twisted situation that MUST be made RIGHT!!!
He had a message I can no longer find that was dated April '09 'It has been decided, if you are a friend send me a PM I'll give you the details.' This is not exact quote it is as close as I remember. Last access was 11/09

sb was arrested in April 2009....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda >What is with the boyfriend hanging on? They weren't together that long before her arrest. Why is he even attending these court hearings? I find that very strange. Could it be he feels guilty for telling her he didn't want kids and feels partially responsible?
BB has been to every hearing! It appears from his MySpace this has really effected him. I cringe every time she acknowledges him, I wonder if he does too?

From what it appears BB and sb had been dating a few months - he was completely up front in his desire to be childless (at least for the time being) including with his LE interview. His parents know sb and didn't approve of their relationship.

Yes, I think BB feels guilty - the rumor mill has always said she murdered Emma to keep him or to be able to spend more time with him.

LE claims to know her motive, the only one they have said out loud was sb not wanting Emma to grow up and be like her - pregnant too young and not have the freedom to do her own thing because of being stuck living with parents. (spoken like a truly loving momster)

~Emma Leigh Barker~
09/02/07~03/18/09
~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma

~~~~~~~~~~~
jmho as always
Old 08-11-2010, 12:00 AM

So a hearing or so ago I commented on the other site where the gals and I chat - questioning whether this witch ever thinks about her her baby - about the life she stole and the lives she has ruined and ended it with I bet her family does.

Last week I received the following reply

Quote:
Auntie (not verified)
at 10:58 on August 5th, 2010

Yes. We think of Emma every day. She is my great niece and Stacey is my niece. You people have no respect for our family. You think all of this matters or helps! Stop for a moment and think of how you would be feeling if it were you? We love them both and our hearts broken at the loss we have had, but all you can do is shovel judgment. Well it doesn't bring Emma back or the truth forward. The DA has nothing on Stacey, that's why they offered a convicted person like Aaron to try and get evidence and it turns up nill! But he gets 18 years off of his sentence??? There's justice at work. You are only hurting us more...
Well my girls did not let me down - but since she called me out and T has verified this is a relative who shows and glares I gave her an answer of my own:

LCoastMom
at 10:47 on August 9th, 2010

I'm sorry you feel we have disrespected your family and if this happened in my family - I too would be crushed and devastated beyond words - if I worded the post above your comment poorly, for that I apologize to you and any other member of your family.

My question was aimed at your niece - does she care what she has done to you and her family? She sure doesn't act like it - between whispered "I love you's" and walking into court made up like she was on a date. She is the one you should be talking to about respect. Not those of us who shake our head in disgust over her behavior.

I believe we have tried to be as respectful of your family as possible under these circumstances - and have refrained from uttering words meant to harm them - because we feel such pain over your loss. It is sadly my opinion that Emma's mother doesn't share that pain. BBB, T, KF (and those who can no longer post here) thank you all for caring enough about Emma to be here for her.

It is not judgement we seek - that is for the courts. All we are looking for is JUSTICE FOR EMMA!

So she added this in regards to my question about who wanted to question Mr Sutton - the judge?

Quote:
Auntie (not verified)
at 15:03 on August 5th, 2010

The answer to your question is Sutton was a plant by the DA on the bus. The intent was to extract some sort of information regarding Emma's death. He was convicted and sentenced to 26 years, for some sort of child molestation. He was offered a deal (and was found guilty bgy his peers of his crime) to get a lesser sentence if he befriended Stacey. So there you have it. Let's talk about the DA making a deal like that to cover her week case on Stacey.
So It was explained to her that we didn't believe a word of it - and T said in spite of his tats not to judge a book by it's cover. Also answering a question about the tat design:

Quote:
Uncle (not verified)
at 16:40 on August 5th, 2010

Ok let me get this right, Convicted child molestor - claimed he did not do it. Mother suspected of murder - claimed she did not do it. You don't want to judge a book by it's cover, except for Stacey. I am forever at a loss due to the loss of our sweet Emma, our lives will never be the same. And I am willing to let our justice system work because I was not there and that is what civilized people do. You all seem to be willing to play judge and jury with the convicted child molestor and the mom. (you're not alone seems like a common pastime for many) Hope your right about that guy, I would'nt want any more children molested. Remember it's innocent untill proven guilty. I am greatful that you care about what you know about Emma. She is a beautiful baby that now knows no pain. I look forward to seeing her someday in heaven. respectfully. uncle
Now we are being accused of backing a child molester - I can only imagine who gave them that wrong information:

LCoastMom
at 10:05 on August 9th, 2010

Auntie and Uncle; there is not a person who has written, commented, recommended or pushed to the front page - a single word about the loss your family has suffered - without at some point early on, and off n on ever since, commenting on our great sorrow for your pain. No one here has uttered a single word disparaging your family and we have all repeatedly commented on the great sorrow we feel for what this has done to everyone who loved little Emma, especially her family.

If this hurts you, before you lash out at the messenger - please remember the source, the acts that brought us to this point. I can guarantee it isn't something one of the writers or supporters here are guilty of doing. If this adds to your pain - from the bottom of my heart - I am so sorry, that is not our intention, all we want is to see justice for Emma - if you don't have the same goal, I would suggest you stop reading here, if you must - because we are not going to go away until we know the guilty party is convicted - if that isn't Stacy - I'd suggest you tell her she needs to speak up - because going to jail for a crime she didn't commit makes no sense and to the best of my knowledge Stacy left home with Emma, Emma didn't return. Stacy told LE where to find Emma's body - after she dumped her along side I - 10. If you believe the DA has such a weak case - there's no time like the present to fill in any missing information.

Presumption of innocence is a great thing the courts in this country up hold - we here don't answer to the courts - but neither do we intentionally print lies. Of course if the courts really thought the accused was innocent, they wouldn't be on trial - they must with hold judgement ie; punishment - until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

I for one believe your nieces' own words, spoken to (and recorded by) the LASD are a very strong piece of evidence. Mostly the part where she claimed to hold her hand over little Emma's mouth and nose, until Emma stopped struggling, her little arms dropped to her side - this would have been the point where someone who accidently caused a baby to stop breathing, called 911 - but that never happened. Instead, 18 hours later - after she was deemed healthy by the local ER - Stacy told LEO's where she disposed of lil' Emma's body - after officers, had spent all night searching for Emma - in spite of Stacy's ever changing (ridiculous) stories and fears that Emma was not taken by kidnappers, in spite of the fact LAPD was not paying their officers overtime, in spite of the fact that many of those officers have children of their own who needed them at home. They spent all night - 12 hours looking for a lil angel whose mother left her in a field of weeds, like so much trash. Do you think we haven't cried buckets of tears for Emma?

Erin Sutton, according to the Superior Court of CA in LA Co - claims he is in jail for robbery. Sutton claims he is jailed - looking at a life sentence (maybe 25 to life?) - due to the lies of a former friend who he discovered is a convicted sex offender and who offered to give his 12 yr old daughter private guitar lessons. Nowhere is it written that Sutton is accused of a sex crime. Neither has the state of CA said he is involved in sex a crime - if it comes out on the 11th that he is and the state offered him a deal - you can bet your life we will have a letter writing campaign and phone tree the likes you have never seen!! But honestly I'll be surprised if that happens, as I will be surprised if the state offered him a deal as a secret agent man! That only happens in the movies.

I'm not saying he didn't try to act like one, if you pay attention to the news out of FL - there are several "young women"aka inmates, who thought they could either get a break on their long sentences or a great deal of money, by selling Casey Anthony "secret stories" - one may even be charged for illegal phone calls she made that were forwarded to numbers she wasn't supposed to contact - just say'en.

All of us have children in our lives, many of us have lost a child to a crime - have worked with victims or have families members in social service or law enforcement. All of us wish this crime and all the others against precious babies never happened - but until that time - until so called parents, boyfriends/girlfriends or perverts stop stealing away the lives of precious gifts entrusted to them - we are going to be there, to see justice - that's our right!

~Emma Leigh Barker~
09/02/07~03/18/09
~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma

~~~~~~~~~~~
jmho as always
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2010, 12:45 AM
These boys are my heartstrings!

LCoastMom! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for aswering for us. It breaks my heart that the aunt and uncle are so upset. The Websleuth forum is victim friendly. Tricia DOES NOT allow members to speak ill of victims family and I know for a fact NO ONE on this forum ever has. I wonder if they are clumping us in with the "other" sites around that name call and such.

I have NEVER doubted that Emma was adored by every one who had the fortune of knowing her. I just wish that Stacey had felt the same way.

Emma's family members are still grieving and they NEED to be able to be mad at someone until the time comes when it's safe for them to feel anger towards the one who caused their heartbreak. I don't mind playing scapegoat for a while if it helps with the grieving process. I continue to keep them in my many prayers.

I cannot fathom what it would be like to love someone who killed someone you love. I would be in denial for as long as I could. Nor can I fathom the fear that Emma felt as she was aware that it was her mom who was preventing her from breathing. She is an angel that deserves justice and I pray she receives it. I also pray that Stacey will do right by her family and plead guilty for what she did so they can start to accept and heal.

To Emma's Aunt and Uncle, if you are reading these words, please know I am so very sorry for the horrible loss you suffered.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2010, 11:46 AM

Lovejac, this happened at NP - the day of a hearing that sb attended with her hair done and in full makeup - she entered the courtroom looking like she had a date - smiling at BB being cute and coy - it made me angry for her to bounce in like she was all that - I asked just as I said - "does she think about what she did and who she hurt - I'll bet her family does."

Causing Auntie to become angry and lash out - then to reply to my question - did Judge Z want to question Erin Sutton or who?

The answer is the public defender, Dager! He wants to know who else has "made a deal with Sutton"! There were no such comments in court the DA handed over a recored PHONE conversation - so far the DA has said nothing except that she knows sb had a conversation on the bus with IES - who is charged with felony robbery - nothing else.

So when Tori explained Sutton is in for robbery, not child molesting, Uncle got in on the act, someone really told them some wild stories about Sutton - at least he replied that he appreciated our caring for Emma...

Interesting - I received a comment from Katfish to which I replied almost word for word as yours - as I said, I do understand they cannot lash out at sb - and we are convenient - I do care about their pain and mean that from the bottom of my heart. We have not tried to hurt them or make them feel worse than they already do - I have not and will not lash out at the family, have never said a bad word about the family. All I have ever commented in regards to any of them (except sb) is how very sorry I am for their pain and loss (which I believe is the same as others have said).

I cannot imagine what they are are going through and they weren't at the prelim, so they may not have heard what sb said to Det Nava.

But I also believe it is our right to sit in the court room and write about what transpires while we are there. Not to cause the family pain, but to see that there is Justice for Emma.

~Emma Leigh Barker~
09/02/07~03/18/09
~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma

~~~~~~~~~~~
jmho as always
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post: