Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > JonBenet Ramsey

Notices

JonBenet Ramsey What really happened to 6 year old JonBenet? Someone is getting away with murder. All information posted on this site is gained through published documentation on this case. It is strictly opinion only.

View Poll Results: Assuming that it was an intruderJust for the Poll) Who was the intruder?
an employee of Access, 13 6.07%
a friend of the Ramseys 40 18.69%
Oliva, 1 0.47%
Helgoth, 3 1.40%
Wolf 0 0%
an unknown individual. 31 14.49%
It was not an intruder. 126 58.88%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2004, 05:48 PM

Assuming just for the poll that it was an intruder: Who was the intruder?

If those who believe it was an intruder wish to qualify who they think that intruder is here is another poll?
I am not claiming that an intruder did it or supporting any side: this is just a poll for further information.

Who was the intruder:
1. employee of Access,
2. a friend of the Ramseys,
3. Oliva,
4. Helgoth,
5. Wolf
6. Unknown Individual
7. It was not an intruder
Old 06-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)

You needed to have "Ramsey/Paugh" family member as a choice!!!
Old 06-11-2004, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiecake
i guess u are right- at least i should have used the 7th thing for other
Old 06-12-2004, 03:32 AM
Inactive

Quote:
I would have added "their other self/darker side" IMHO LOL.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:05 AM
Banned

Add Sandy Stranger to the list.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:33 AM

You also left out the latest theory:

Multiple intruders

God Bless America
Old 06-12-2004, 09:36 AM
Banned

yep...it was osama bin laden and oj.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:24 PM

There is some evidence of there being a fifth person in the house that night but, if so, that person (or persons) would have had to be a friend of the Ramseys who had been invited in by a Ramsey. Otherwise, there would be no reason for the Ramseys to be lying, covering up, and refusing to reasonably cooperate with the investigation.

To be more specific, it appears that Doug Stine (and perhaps one other young person) could have been invited in by Burke Ramsey. The Stines' strange behaviors following the murder sends up a red flag for me.

JMO
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCrab For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2004, 10:37 PM

Talking

guess we could use unknown individuals for the ones left out
Old 06-13-2004, 03:10 PM

IF an intruder - my vote goes to JAR/College Buddies or Mr. & Mrs. Santa
Old 06-13-2004, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLynn
IF an intruder - my vote goes to JAR/College Buddies or Mr. & Mrs. Santa

I would be very interested in hearing your JAR theory if you have the time to post!
Thanks!!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:39 PM

I vote for JAR as well. He's not listed as a choice, so I'm going to say Ramsey friend. It seems the closest choice.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle
I vote for JAR as well. He's not listed as a choice, so I'm going to say Ramsey friend. It seems the closest choice.
JAR is one of the few people who have actually been "CLEARED" in this case. Nobody has been "cleared" unless it would have been impossible for them to be in the house because they would have to have been in two places at the same time. JAR was proven to have been in Georgia.

So if you think JAR did it, you must believe he's a telepath who can transport himself through thin air to anyplace he chooses.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shylock For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2004, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shylock
JAR is one of the few people who have actually been "CLEARED" in this case.

Correct. What makes this a significant event is both Melinda Ramsey and John Andrew Ramsey were officially and publicly cleared by the Boulder authorities, but they refuse to clear Burke Ramsey.

JMO
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCrab For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrab
What makes this a significant event is both Melinda Ramsey and John Andrew Ramsey were officially and publicly cleared by the Boulder authorities, but they refuse to clear Burke Ramsey.
If you check, nobody has been "cleared" who was in the house, or COULD HAVE BEEN in the house. Some people are not suspects, but it doesn't mean they have been "cleared".
The Following User Says Thank You to Shylock For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2004, 02:42 PM

JAR and Melinda were "cleared" as a negotiating tool for the Ramseys to have an interview with the police. It was one of the conditions set. This is fact from one of the books (Steve Thomas?)

In PMPT, the BPD still felt there was a window of time for JAR.

There's plenty of evidence at the crime scene to include JAR (his semen is the biggie), but the problem is with the travel...

If you'll note: Archuletta was not accessible by telephone that morning (26th). He was neither home nor at the airport. Later, when asked by John how long to get the plane ready to fly to Atlanta, Archuletta answered "Two hours."

Why? When it was supposed to be ready for take off that morning. John brags in DOI that the hangers where his planes (If I remember right, there were two planes; a personal and a company) were never checked - nothing, nada. No hangers, no planes, no flight records, no logs, maintenance - nothing was investigated.

Brad & Chris - two friends of JAR's - all three from Atlanta, all three attending the same college in Colorado (small foriegn faction?) may have conspired. One (can't remember which one after all this time - Chris Stanley, I believe) was a pilot, lived near Jeffco Airport. (1.5 miles)

I believe it was Brad who volunteered to the police, he once slept in JonBenet's bed. JAR also said the killer deserved "forgiveness."

I could go on and on - but it's the geographical distance. The ATM receipt (picture is questionable, but not recognizable anyway) - is an alibi, along with the movie tickets. Not only is there a time difference between the two states; one of the college boys could easily have stayed behind to acquire the "alibis."

Weeks later, JAR turned over the ATM receipt and movie ticket...why did he still have them. Don't "kids" just toss those things?

Brad stayed with JAR all night (as alibi?) The story is - JAR left his car at Brad's. He, Brad & Chris went to the movies. After the movie, JAR went back to Brad's for his car. Brad then followed JAR back to his (mom's) house in his own car. They say they got in around 1 a.m. Melinda showed up to get JAR for the Michigan flight around 6 a.m.

Why did Brad follow JAR home - only to have a couple hours sleep? College kids like to sleep in whenever they can. Were they to be each other's alibi?

Chris wasn't spoken of since (did he stay in Boulder?) Did Archuletta fly both boys back?

Note: Archuletta now owns John Ramsey's million dollar airplane. Nice gift, eh?

So, it may not be an easy answer - but this case does have something missing that keeps it from being a "slam dunk."
Old 06-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Hates Liver

The intruder is a figment of Patsy's imagination.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLynn
...this case does have something missing that keeps it from being a "slam dunk."
Yeah... a competent DA

I agree with you, TLynn, that the JAR theory is viable. But I don't believe Patsy would cover for him unless she was also involved, especially considering, if she were innocent, she could get a whole lot more mileage out of the tragedy - attention, books, media tours, film rights, money, fame, and probably even a new fat cat husband - by being a true victim of such a high-profile family horror. IMO if she weren't involved, she'd turn in the perps in a heartbeat.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:20 PM

JAR's alibi appears to be ironclad. His alibi includes Lucinda, John's first wife. And I agree Patsy would not have likely covered for John Andrew.

However, if a crack ever formed anywhere in that alibi, I'd put JAR at or near the top as a prime suspect. Here's why:

JAR may have had an indirect involvement in the murder. His suitcase in the basement containing a blanket with his semen on it, a matching pillow sham, and a Dr. Seuss children's book, sure looks suspicious. The CBI said fibers from the blanket in the suitcase were found on the vaginal area of JonBenet. The FBI disagreed with the CBI's finding even though the fibers matched nothing else in the house.

I suspect that, earlier in time, JAR had something to do with the erotic asphyxiation device found wrapped around JonBenet's neck. He could have been the manufacturer of the device and the tutor to the children about how it works. IMO it could have led to the accidental asphyxiation of JonBenet while the kids were secretly experimenting with it on Christmas night.

JMO
Old 06-22-2004, 08:05 PM

I believe Patsy would cover --

John lost Beth, JonBenet and "losing" JAR would be too much for him!

She'd also be guaranteed John would never leave her...he would "owe" her.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrab
Correct. What makes this a significant event is both Melinda Ramsey and John Andrew Ramsey were officially and publicly cleared by the Boulder authorities, but they refuse to clear Burke Ramsey.

JMO

That fact really just hit me...........I really hate to say Burke did it (I wont deny hed have been capable its just uncomfortable for me to think about )and to be honest I guess thats why I usually dismiss the BDI theory but they very quickly cleared JAR & Melinda and MADE SURE the media knew whereas Burke is left twisting in the wind isnt he??
Couple that with Hunters little "youd be surprised" comment AND the way Colorado law is structured towards children under the age of 10 that could be very likely why there was/has been no indictment and also why the Ramseys sue anyone who mentions Burke as a suspect...............wow I have ALOT to think about now............
Old 06-26-2004, 09:51 PM

Quote:
...but they very quickly cleared JAR & Melinda and MADE SURE the media knew whereas Burke is left twisting in the wind isnt he??
Burke was in the house that night.

JAR and Melinda had alibis stating they were in another state at the time.

IMO that's all there is to it. Until the case is officially resolved, no one who was in the home can be cleared.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt
Burke was in the house that night. Until the case is officially resolved, no one who was in the home can be cleared.
IMO the case has already been resolved. It was solved by the 13-month grand jury investigation that ended in October of 1999. And I think John and Patsy Ramsey have been officially cleared in the death of JonBenet. The problem is it can't be publicly announced.

The evidence and common sense tells us one of the three Ramseys in the house that night had to be directly involved in the death of JonBenet. If John and Patsy are publicly cleared, by the process of elimination that would leave Burke as the killer for all to see -- a violation of Colorado law, and the court protective order, shielding the identities of the children.

JMO
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCrab For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Banned

I Vote W/Barbara, Multiple Perps

Counting the ones at Charlevoix, one of whom slept in JBR's bed, one of whom hung out at the gas station propagandizing against John, one who ran out of someone's yard like a bat out of hades trying to catch a ride with a quadraplegic (?) or ill man driving a van, that we know of, and there may have been several more in that town.

Then there was at least one in Boulder, that the neighbor thought was JAR, who evidently came before dark to turn off the outside lights, somehow seemed to know when the R's left to go to the Whites' for the evening.

That's four extras we know about, besides all the friends and Burke's and JAR's friends, and a party two houses away, that I believe one of our acquaintances in the case visited, sorry, name slipped my mind just as I started to write it down, the jailbird. You know.

As Mikey the astrologer at one of the forums used to say, the pagans would have been having moonlight ceremonies, maybe sacrificing, and there were all the homeless living in the park.

Possibly there really was some kind of faction, just buddies calling themselves that, which had all these puppets on strings in more than one state. There were all these detailed things going on, planned.

Darndest case I ever heard of in mystery land.

Editing to add that even if there were 250 people involved, the death may still have been an accident, as coroners said at one point.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Banned

Talking

I do wonder about a friend of Rams-- Maybe ol Mervin Pugh?

Friend of JAR's?

Fleet?

The Gardner?

LOL