Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 2000's Missing

Notices

2000's Missing Persons missing between 2000-2009

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 01:52 PM

Come said the wind to
the leaves one day,
Come o're the meadows
and we will play.
Put on your dresses
scarlet and gold,
For summer is gone
and the days grow cold."
- A Children's Song of the 1880's

Where is Jodi as the days grow shorter?

RIP Travis Alexander
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Family Historian - Amateur Skeleton Hunter

Bumping for Jodi

Maz
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2009, 08:12 AM

Another beautiful morning. But still no word on Jodi.

RIP Travis Alexander
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Inactive

I am horrified by the lack of media attention in this case... what is being done to bring Jodi home???
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post

RCMP and North Shore Rescue are searching Bowen Island for a 17-year-old girl. Corporal Dave Ritchie says Jodi Henrickson was last seen at a party on Bowen Island early in the morning on June 20th.

Anyone who has information or was at the party is asked to call the RCMP's tip line at 604-947-0516.
Bumping these pics.

Somebody out there must know something!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Inactive

No new news.

Bumping for Jodi.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2009, 03:16 PM

Jodi H:
I look back at the beginning of this mystery.
She has a restraining order against a former boy friend.
She is at a party.
So is bf.
She is seen talking to him.
She disappears.
No one knows anything.
She has not been found.
Jodi plus ex boy friend who had been violent at
a party with alcohol
= ex boy friend should be questioned time and again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Inactive

Unhappy

There's absolutely nothing new... even the old stories about Jodi are disappearing from the Google news searches.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 PM

Darkness falls earlier in the evenings now and the nights are getting chilly. Where is Jodi?

RIP Travis Alexander
Old 09-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Inactive

No new news.

But the family has updated the FB page as we near the three month anniversary of Jodi's disappearance. They note both they and the RCMP are still "actively searching," but give no further details.

I feel for Jodi's family... how do you get up every day, and go through the motions of paying your bills and mowing the lawn and going for groceries and the million other tasks of life not knowing where your child has gone?

There has to be a solution to this case. This family deserves and needs closure.

Where are you Jodi???
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
No new news.

But the family has updated the FB page as we near the three month anniversary of Jodi's disappearance. They note both they and the RCMP are still "actively searching," but give no further details.

I feel for Jodi's family... how do you get up every day, and go through the motions of paying your bills and mowing the lawn and going for groceries and the million other tasks of life not knowing where your child has gone?

There has to be a solution to this case. This family deserves and needs closure.

Where are you Jodi???
After reading their Facebook page, it just strikes me as odd that no one is even attempting to form their own search party. It's like they are just going to sit and wait? Am I the only one who has gotten that feeling?

If that were my daughter, I know I would be out there searching and asking as many people as I could to help me look for her but maybe her family doesn't want to actively search on their own for fear of finding her passed instead of alive...I don't know.

It's just too darn quiet. No news, no police updates, nothing.

Maz

Old 09-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazama View Post
After reading their Facebook page, it just strikes me as odd that no one is even attempting to form their own search party. It's like they are just going to sit and wait? Am I the only one who has gotten that feeling?

If that were my daughter, I know I would be out there searching and asking as many people as I could to help me look for her but maybe her family doesn't want to actively search on their own for fear of finding her passed instead of alive...I don't know.

It's just too darn quiet. No news, no police updates, nothing.

Maz

I know. There really should be more activity. At one place on the FB page someone says something along the lines of, "Hey, maybe we should get a search group together..." I was thinking, "Yeah, you think so?"

This case is being sifted through the cracks, and I don't like it.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
I know. There really should be more activity. At one place on the FB page someone says something along the lines of, "Hey, maybe we should get a search group together..." I was thinking, "Yeah, you think so?"

This case is being sifted through the cracks, and I don't like it.
I agree...I am really frustrated. I have received two notices asking me to "invite" my friends to their group for more awareness yet nothing is being said or done about actually looking for her. I just feel like Jodi is being let down. Almost like it's too much effort to go find her.

If I were living back in BC again I'd be out there looking for her. This is just so unfair to her.

Maz

Old 09-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Inactive

Quote:
I agree...I am really frustrated. I have received two notices asking me to "invite" my friends to their group for more awareness yet nothing is being said or done about actually looking for her. I just feel like Jodi is being let down. Almost like it's too much effort to go find her.

If I were living back in BC again I'd be out there looking for her. This is just so unfair to her.

Maz

I think it might be because of the reports that she had run away before, etc - possibly, it's a "girl who cried wolf" thing? But, still - three months?

I hate the fact that missing teens get so much less concern than missing children.

FB is fine - but since when does it suffice as the only avenue for finding a missing kid? They haven't even gone so far as making a MySpace, and those are free and easy, as well.

Handing out fliers on the ferry was a good start, but people really need to do more. Perhaps they are, and I just don't know - if that's the case, I really wish they would let us know.

This case is infuriating.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Inactive

On a side note for perspective, my aunt went missing in 2005, and partial remains were found in 2006. My dad STILL goes searching the area when he can and when he thinks of new places to look! That's just so he can find the rest of her remains!

How can a family not search compulsively for a whole human who might still be alive???
Old 09-17-2009, 11:34 AM

If she did run away...I just can't see her not making contact with anyone. Three months is a long time for a teenage girl to go without calling her best friend or her mum.

There is a lot more that they can be doing, I agree. I think the FB idea was great but IMHO I don't think it hasn't been followed through by anyone to take that next step. Canvas door to door? Ask for permission to search properties etc...

Have her girlfriends done anything to try to find her? I'm not sure I have read anything like that, where her friends formed a group to pass out fliers etc. I think I only read about the ferry one.

Do you know or read if anyone has left the island to go to the other side to Horseshoe Bay and pass out fliers? To make Jodi's disappearance known in Vancouver etc? What about Nanaimo? Has anyone gone there? It's certainly possible that Jodi could have traveled there from Horseshoe Bay.

The lack of information is so maddening!

As for your aunt, I think it's a brave thing your father is doing...to keep searching. How heartbreaking it must have been for your entire family. I'm curious...did anything ever come from finding her cell phone? Any new information?

Maz

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Inactive

Quote:
If she did run away...I just can't see her not making contact with anyone. Three months is a long time for a teenage girl to go without calling her best friend or her mum.

There is a lot more that they can be doing, I agree. I think the FB idea was great but IMHO I don't think it hasn't been followed through by anyone to take that next step. Canvas door to door? Ask for permission to search properties etc...

Have her girlfriends done anything to try to find her? I'm not sure I have read anything like that, where her friends formed a group to pass out fliers etc. I think I only read about the ferry one.

Do you know or read if anyone has left the island to go to the other side to Horseshoe Bay and pass out fliers? To make Jodi's disappearance known in Vancouver etc? What about Nanaimo? Has anyone gone there? It's certainly possible that Jodi could have traveled there from Horseshoe Bay.

The lack of information is so maddening!

As for your aunt, I think it's a brave thing your father is doing...to keep searching. How heartbreaking it must have been for your entire family. I'm curious...did anything ever come from finding her cell phone? Any new information?

Maz

My parents are not assertive enough - they take the "they'll tell us if anything comes up" approach, which is ridiculous given the record of LE on that case. There are so many reasons I wish I was back in Nova Scotia, and that case is one of them.

And, no I only heard of that one day of passing out fliers for Jodi, though I may be wrong - because NO ONE is saying anything.

I do think Vancouver is the way to go right now - I have a bad feeling Jodi is out there and in the middle of something horrible. So many young women lost to the horrors of the scene there. I shudder to think.

I wonder if maybe Jodi wasn't as popular with the house party scene as they are now pretending she was with the FB drinking photos collage.

ETA: Those drunken teen pictures really was a wrong way to go for that FB group, IMO - it really does give a bad impression of the whole case.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
My parents are not assertive enough - they take the "they'll tell us if anything comes up" approach, which is ridiculous given the record of LE on that case. There are so many reasons I wish I was back in Nova Scotia, and that case is one of them.

And, no I only heard of that one day of passing out fliers for Jodi, though I may be wrong - because NO ONE is saying anything.

I do think Vancouver is the way to go right now - I have a bad feeling Jodi is out there and in the middle of something horrible. So many young women lost to the horrors of the scene there. I shudder to think.

I wonder if maybe Jodi wasn't as popular with the house party scene as they are now pretending she was with the FB drinking photos collage.

ETA: Those drunken teen pictures really was a wrong way to go for that FB group, IMO - it really does give a bad impression of the whole case.
The pictures of the drinking is certainly unflattering and doesn't help her cause at all IMO.

I hope she hasn't ended up in Vancouver. I know they are trying to clean it up especially with the Olympic Games coming but it has such a horrible reputation and I believe it is all too easy for a young girl to get herself caught up in that environment or worse yet...forced into it my someone who appeared to offer help only to put her to work.

Maz
Old 09-17-2009, 11:56 AM

Interesting I don't see Gavin Arnott as a friend on the Let's find Jodi group although he posted a couple comments about her pictures...

Maz

ETA: He doesn't appear on Jodi's personal page either...

Last edited by Mazama; 09-17-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Inactive

Quote:
The pictures of the drinking is certainly unflattering and doesn't help her cause at all IMO.

I hope she hasn't ended up in Vancouver. I know they are trying to clean it up especially with the Olympic Games coming but it has such a horrible reputation and I believe it is all too easy for a young girl to get herself caught up in that environment or worse yet...forced into it my someone who appeared to offer help only to put her to work.

Maz
That's exactly what I fear.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:02 PM

Time to go home sweet girl. Call your mom Jodi, she needs to hear from you.

Maz
Old 09-18-2009, 09:06 AM

Another morning and still no news of Jodi.

RIP Travis Alexander
Old 09-18-2009, 09:56 AM

Still no new news on Jodi.

What is going on here? Has everyone just decided they are leaving it up to the next person to find her!? I just can't believe that more isn't being done to locate her.

ARRRRRRRGH!!!

Maz

Old 09-18-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm Back and on My Best Behavior

I have no idea why there is no news about Jodi. It's so sad. I did want to thank those of you who are keeping Jodi's thread on the first page and thinking about her everyday.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Recovering-Lurker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2009, 09:08 PM

Prayers for Jodi's safe return.
"The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to TripleA For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread