Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 2000's Missing

Notices

2000's Missing Persons missing between 2000-2009

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Family Historian - Amateur Skeleton Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearseha View Post
I know! I check every day, and there's usually next to nothing. I wonder if her being 17 somehow makes her case less media-tugging? As if her parents were any less hurt by missing her!

In any case, I'll keep bumping.
I'm wondering if she might be pregnant and is afraid of what everyone will think of her and ran off to do some thinking?

Kind of just pulled that out of the air...

MOO

Maz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 09:50 AM

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Bowe...306/story.html

"All of this makes us realize how lucky we have been. I've been here for 25 years and never lost a friend on Bowen up until the last month." He added: "I can see it's making a difference in a lot of the younger kids . . . they're starting to think twice about drinking and driving, and they're not so invincible." On Thursday, RCMP suspended the ground search for Henrickson but said it could resume at any time. According to rescue operation manager Tim Jones, 30 people from search and rescue crews from the North Shore, Lions Bay and Coquitlam spent two days on Bowen.

Seems like a sad time for the island. I have been lurking hoping for news of Jodi but there is very little coverage of her case. sigh. I do hope she is found soon.

RIP Travis Alexander
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 12:03 PM

Jodi Henrickson was last seen at a house party on June 20 on Bowen Island

RIP Travis Alexander
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 04:35 PM

http://www2.canada.com/northshorenew...b-97a1db0fd2ce

"Investigators firmly believe that she is still on the island," said Corp. Dave Ritchie of the Squamish RCMP.

Ritchie said police have checked ferry records and video evidence several times and "there's nothing to indicate she's left the island."

"We're still searching and we're still investigating," said Ritchie. "We're still determined to find her."

RIP Travis Alexander
Old 07-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Inactive

http://www.bclocalnews.com/greater_v.../50063852.html

Quote:
UPDATE: No headway in the search for Jodi Henrickson

By Julie Andres - Bowen Island Undercurrent

Published: July 06, 2009 3:00 PM
Updated: July 06, 2009 3:21 PM

"Unfortunately, no." This was Cpl. Donald Southern's answer on Monday afternoon when asked if any progress had been made in the search for Jodi Henrickson. Henrickson was last seen in the early hours of June 20 in Bowen Island's Scarborough area; two major searches that have included North Shore Search and Rescue and police helicopters have been undertaken over the past two weeks.

The 17-year-old Squamish resident was reported missing on June 24 by her parents.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Inactive

Bowen Island is not very big, I think - how could someone completely disappear without a trace?
The Following User Says Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Inactive

RCMP and North Shore Rescue are searching Bowen Island for a 17-year-old girl. Corporal Dave Ritchie says Jodi Henrickson was last seen at a party on Bowen Island early in the morning on June 20th.

Anyone who has information or was at the party is asked to call the RCMP's tip line at 604-947-0516.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Inactive

Old 07-09-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearseha View Post
Bowen Island is not very big, I think - how could someone completely disappear without a trace?
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/jodi-...plagues-police

Jodi Henrickson Missing: Teen Wall of Silence Plagues Police

This was posted on July 1st. Maybe this is part of the reason why LE has been having so much trouble with the search.

RIP Travis Alexander
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2009, 08:29 AM

Missing Squamish teen likely ran away, says ex-boyfriend's mom

While the ground search for missing Squamish teen Jodi Henrickson was scaled back Thursday, the mother of her ex-boyfriend thinks Jodi has simply run away.

“That’s something that she would have done, knowing her character,” said Lynne Fedorick, mother of Jodi’s ex-boyfriend, Gavin Arnott.

Arnott, 20, believes he was the last person to see 17-year-old Jodi before she vanished from Bowen Island on June 20.

He admits he was on probation for assaulting her and violated a court order forbidding him to see her. He denies any role in her disappearance.

“She did run away last winter when she stayed with me for three months,” Fedorick told The Province.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Miss...063/story.html

From July 3. This is the first I have read this. Whether true or not, am I the only one who thinks this was totally inappropriate?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
Missing Squamish teen likely ran away, says ex-boyfriend's mom

While the ground search for missing Squamish teen Jodi Henrickson was scaled back Thursday, the mother of her ex-boyfriend thinks Jodi has simply run away.

“That’s something that she would have done, knowing her character,” said Lynne Fedorick, mother of Jodi’s ex-boyfriend, Gavin Arnott.

Arnott, 20, believes he was the last person to see 17-year-old Jodi before she vanished from Bowen Island on June 20.

He admits he was on probation for assaulting her and violated a court order forbidding him to see her. He denies any role in her disappearance.

“She did run away last winter when she stayed with me for three months,” Fedorick told The Province.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Miss...063/story.html

From July 3. This is the first I have read this. Whether true or not, am I the only one who thinks this was totally inappropriate?
Yeah, really inappropriate - like snarking about her while her parents are frantically worried.

Also, why does she speak of her in the past-tense? (Likely just a turn of phrase, but a little jarring.)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2009, 01:08 PM

The ex-boyfriend and his family are not sitting right with me at all. The recent assault charges, being the last known person to see her, and now his family publicly bashing this missing girl. He's not looking too innocent right now.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2009, 02:26 PM

I actually met a man from Bowen this morning. This is weird cause we are a long long way from there and I had never heard of the island before Jodi went missing.

He was an older gentleman, here on vacation. He now lives on Vancouver Island. He said that Bowen is about 20 miles by 30 miles and is a nice place to live.

He had never even heard of Jodi even though he lives close.

RIP Travis Alexander
Old 07-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Family looks to step up search for missing teen

HARDY FRIEDRICH
SPECIAL TO THE CHIEF
POSTED: JULY 6, 2009
Squamish – The family of missing 17-year-old Jodi Henrickson is looking for new ways to boost a search effort that is bordering on three weeks.

The next step could be a fundraiser to be put toward a reward, said Jodi’s cousin Crystal Henrickson, as the family spent the weekend brainstorming for ideas.

“We were thinking that fundraising will be our next effort,” Crystal said. “We have a couple of different ideas that we have been thinking about, and one is to get more tips that lead to information that brings Jodi home.”

She added some family members have also considered hiring a psychic to join the search.
http://www.squamishchief.com/article...r-missing-teen

Not much by way of recent news - good to see the family is being active, though.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Inactive

Sad to report, no new news today.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Inactive

No new news again today, though according to the Northshore S&R, the search was continuing as of July 3rd.

Really wish this case was being covered a bit more.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:21 AM

http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/50674617.html

Squamish and Bowen Island RCMP are still on the case, said Southern, but have not learned anything that has brought them closer to finding Henrickson."We are still treating this as a missing person case," he said.

RIP Travis Alexander
Old 07-14-2009, 02:17 PM

Nothing new in the case still - from yesturday.
On Monday afternoon, July 13, Cpl. Donald Southern of the Bowen Island detachment of the RCMP told the Undercurrent that there are no new leads with regard to the disappearance of 17-year-old Squamish resident Jodi Henrickson. http://www.bclocalnews.com/greater_v.../50674617.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luckyducky For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2009, 10:39 PM

Still no news on Jodi. I wish we would hear some good news on this one, but I do not think that's going to happen, considering the circumstances.

RIP Travis Alexander
The Following User Says Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 06:31 PM

It's been really quite in here, I was hoping to log on today and see some good news, I haven't had the chance to check it out in few days....(been reading here for quite a while now at WS)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~greeneyedgirl~ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~greeneyedgirl~ View Post
It's been really quite in here, I was hoping to log on today and see some good news, I haven't had the chance to check it out in few days....(been reading here for quite a while now at WS)
That last article posted by Paintr is still the newest news. Why this story is not wider spread is beyond me.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:14 PM

I don't get it either, really its not as if we have a lot of missing children. Yes I admit that at her age there really is a off possibility that she ran away (not something I personally think), but come on she is only 17 and we don't many of these missing teens in Canada, runaways yes but not missing and she is definitely missing.

There isn't even anything from her family or friends regarding her in comment sections of the local papers or even interviews with them...WTH

I am disappointed.
The Following User Says Thank You to ~greeneyedgirl~ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Family Historian - Amateur Skeleton Hunter

I keep asking my husband the same question.

What the heck is going on? Why isn't there more on her? We used to live in Victoria, BC and I used to read stories all the time about runaways, gang fights etc...so why isn't there more on her!?

Something says there is more to this than what we are reading...

Earlier I proposed the idea that perhaps she was pregnant and ran off...now I am thinking maybe she confronted her ex-boyfriend at the party and told him about the baby and maybe he and his buddies did something to her....

Just a theory typed with passion and questions.

Arrrrrrrgh!

Maz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~greeneyedgirl~ View Post
I don't get it either, really its not as if we have a lot of missing children. Yes I admit that at her age there really is a off possibility that she ran away (not something I personally think), but come on she is only 17 and we don't many of these missing teens in Canada, runaways yes but not missing and she is definitely missing.

There isn't even anything from her family or friends regarding her in comment sections of the local papers or even interviews with them...WTH

I am disappointed.
Anyone who had a restraining order against someone, as she did, should be given top priority when they go missing.

Some scenerios:

A) As Maz suggested, she got pregnant and ran away.
B) She ran away for some other reason.
(Both of these suggestions are possible, but I am not sure I buy them. I had a bank account at 17, did/does she? Has there been any activity on her funds/credit card/cell phone since she went missing? Did she make any large withdrawals before she went missing? Is there any evidence that she prepared, at all? These are things that journalists should be looking into for us. Grrr.)

C) She was abducted and murdered.
D) She was the victim of a hit and run, and possibly hidden.
E) She was abducted and is still alive.
(Strong possibilities, though LE say she has not left the island, so that rather narrows the hope she is still alive if she met with foul play. The remains would have to be carefully hidden if she has been killed.)

F) She met with an accidental/natural death.
(Very small island - chances are, she'd be found by now.)

Disappearing into thin air... So very strange. This case bothers me, a lot.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Inactive

By the way, it's a month today since she was last seen.

The FB page dedicated to finding her:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...0201036&ref=ts
Closed Thread