Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > The Springfield Three

Notices

The Springfield Three Sherrill Levitt, Suzie Streeter and Stacy McCall went missing from their home on 1717 E. Delmar St, Springfield, Missouri on June 7, 1992.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #226  
Old 10-11-2009, 07:59 PM
monkeymann monkeymann is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 266
Ok...I figured out the Francis Robb connection. But why does anyone think Robb was/is connected to this case? Also I ran accross something someone posted on another site. The said that aparently Gerald Carnohan had been on the same cruse ship that Sherrell Levitt was on aprox. 6-weeks prior to her disappearance. Has anyone heard this anywhere else?
  #227  
Old 10-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Indianagirl's Avatar
Indianagirl Indianagirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymann View Post
Ok...I figured out the Francis Robb connection. But why does anyone think Robb was/is connected to this case? Also I ran accross something someone posted on another site. The said that aparently Gerald Carnohan had been on the same cruse ship that Sherrell Levitt was on aprox. 6-weeks prior to her disappearance. Has anyone heard this anywhere else?
Garrison led LE to the Robb farm for the purpose of showing them where the bodies supposedly were, but he ended up changing his mind about doing so and nothing came of it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indianagirl For This Useful Post:
  #228  
Old 10-11-2009, 08:28 PM
monkeymann monkeymann is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 266
So does anyone think that there is something to the whole Robb farm theory??? Think thats where the 3MW are buried????
  #229  
Old 10-11-2009, 09:13 PM
monkeymann monkeymann is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 266
Also...I ran accross something else on a forum in which someone stated that a few years ago someone found a Shoe Box in a crawl space in a house in springfield that had a bunch of newspaper clipping about the 3MW case as well as 4-Rings. A couple of "Spoon" style rings and another that was like a birthstones type of ring with a yellow stone in it. Has anyone else ever heard of this??? It was the first I've heard of it?
  #230  
Old 10-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Missouri Mule Missouri Mule is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooogrit View Post
There is no virtual certainty that the van went to that infamous farm. We know that the van went east toward the highway at least the one that was seen. Unfortunately there is nothing certain in this case.
Actually, that is correct. It is not a virtual certainty but we can infer that the route out of town would have put it into approximate proximity to that farm. And we know that six people have met their demise there. It is not unreasonable to suppose there may have been a connection. But on the point you are making, you are correct. There is no "virtual certainty" that the van went there to that specific address. I stand corrected.
__________________
"Never answer an anonymous letter"

"I didn't really say everything I said"

Yogi Berra


  #231  
Old 10-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Missouri Mule Missouri Mule is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymann View Post
Also...I ran accross something else on a forum in which someone stated that a few years ago someone found a Shoe Box in a crawl space in a house in springfield that had a bunch of newspaper clipping about the 3MW case as well as 4-Rings. A couple of "Spoon" style rings and another that was like a birthstones type of ring with a yellow stone in it. Has anyone else ever heard of this??? It was the first I've heard of it?
I tried to run this down a couple of months back and it was never determined to be related. I should think that that could have been knocked down easily if there was no relationship but so far as I know nothing definitive was ever established regarding the "spoon rings." There were some actual photos of these rings posted on another site. One would think that if they were worn by either Sherrill or Suzie someone would have come forth to verify and up or down connection. There are known to be 221 clients (as counted) in the rolodex and at least two more people who are not in the rolodex files. It would seem logical someone would have seen the photos and connected them to Sherrill while she was doing her work. But it came to nothing as of this time. I'm looking into that to run it to ground. Also the Aryan Brotherhood has come up again. I'm still trying to figure out how 12 agreed upon suspects have been able to maintain silence over nearly two decades. That requires an iron willed discipline to enforce that. (Of course that is true if they are connected or just among a total list of uneliminated suspects)
__________________
"Never answer an anonymous letter"

"I didn't really say everything I said"

Yogi Berra



Last edited by Missouri Mule; 10-11-2009 at 10:07 PM.
  #232  
Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Trooogrit Trooogrit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymann View Post
Ok...I figured out the Francis Robb connection. But why does anyone think Robb was/is connected to this case? Also I ran accross something someone posted on another site. The said that aparently Gerald Carnohan had been on the same cruse ship that Sherrell Levitt was on aprox. 6-weeks prior to her disappearance. Has anyone heard this anywhere else?
I seriously doubt there is anything to SHerrill being on a cruise ship. She had purchased her house two months before this crime. I am assuming it would have taken her time and resources, probably not leaving much for a cruise. If that is true it is something I had never heard. There is a lot of junk out there on the boards. Anyone with a rumor throws it out there, which has been the problem with the case since the beginning.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trooogrit For This Useful Post:
  #233  
Old 10-11-2009, 10:22 PM
monkeymann monkeymann is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooogrit View Post
I seriously doubt there is anything to SHerrill being on a cruise ship. She had purchased her house two months before this crime. I am assuming it would have taken her time and resources, probably not leaving much for a cruise. If that is true it is something I had never heard. There is a lot of junk out there on the boards. Anyone with a rumor throws it out there, which has been the problem with the case since the beginning.
I agree that there is a lot of junk out there on the boards. I just found that cruse ship theory and thought I'd throw it out there.
  #234  
Old 10-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Hurricane Hurricane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymann View Post
Ok...I figured out the Francis Robb connection. But why does anyone think Robb was/is connected to this case? Also I ran accross something someone posted on another site. The said that aparently Gerald Carnohan had been on the same cruse ship that Sherrell Levitt was on aprox. 6-weeks prior to her disappearance. Has anyone heard this anywhere else?
Let me add to what Trooogrit said on this. Sherrill could not qualify for the mortgage when she purchased the house in April. The bank required that the seller carry back a second note on the mortgage, which he agreed to do. Sherrill asked him to carry back an even greater amount so that she could have central air conditioning installed in the house, which the seller agreed to do. Sherrill had no money. Even if she had been invited on a cruise as someone's guest Sherrill would have lost valuable earnings by missing out on work and Suzie would have been in school still. Based on what both Sherrill's and Suzie's friends have said about Sherrill, she would not have been the type to go on such a "date" and she would not have left Suzie there in Springfield alone.

Last edited by Hurricane; 10-11-2009 at 10:30 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hurricane For This Useful Post:
  #235  
Old 10-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Trooogrit Trooogrit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Mule View Post
I tried to run this down a couple of months back and it was never determined to be related. I should think that that could have been knocked down easily if there was no relationship but so far as I know nothing definitive was ever established regarding the "spoon rings." There were some actual photos of these rings posted on another site. One would think that if they were worn by either Sherrill or Suzie someone would have come forth to verify and up or down connection. There are known to be 221 clients (as counted) in the rolodex and at least two more people who are not in the rolodex files. It would seem logical someone would have seen the photos and connected them to Sherrill while she was doing her work. But it came to nothing as of this time. I'm looking into that to run it to ground. Also the Aryan Brotherhood has come up again. I'm still trying to figure out how 12 agreed upon suspects have been able to maintain silence over nearly two decades. That requires an iron willed discipline to enforce that. (Of course that is true if they are connected or just among a total list of uneliminated suspects)
Well it is pretty simple they have 12 suspects and probably at least 9 of them are inocent I can say there are 8 known publicly and they arent tied together. Nothing Iron willed about that. Is there any one of these confirmed to be involved in the Aryan brotherhood? Until affiliation with that group is confirmed it is just the flavor of the week in speculation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trooogrit For This Useful Post:
  #236  
Old 10-12-2009, 12:00 AM
monkeymann monkeymann is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 266
Why did Robb state that the 3MW had been disposed of at his farm. What prompted him to say this....if he actually did in the first place. But if he did say or imply this, there had to be a reason for it. I wonder if he was being truthful?
  #237  
Old 10-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Missouri Mule Missouri Mule is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooogrit View Post
Well it is pretty simple they have 12 suspects and probably at least 9 of them are inocent I can say there are 8 known publicly and they arent tied together. Nothing Iron willed about that. Is there any one of these confirmed to be involved in the Aryan brotherhood? Until affiliation with that group is confirmed it is just the flavor of the week in speculation.
I understand that but what intrigues me is how 12 people remain on the list of four separate agencies. I find that intriguing. What I also find intriguing is that they categorically state this was sexual assault. This suggests to me that they are holding back a whole lot of information they are not sharing with the public. And I recall that one officer has stated that in his view none of the suspects that he knew about could keep a secret for a year much less nearly two decades. Then there was the casual conversation I had with a LE officer who brought up the matter of the AB and how they would never give up a member of their group, upon penalty of death. And finally, we have the still unexplained reason why Cox chooses voluntarily to remain in "the hole." Since he had a bad habit of running his mouth in the past he may have gotten word that a contract was out on his life. I rather doubt he fears for his life from either "Moe", "Larry" or "Curly." So that makes me wonder about the AB and any connection to biker gangs, which are often interconnected.

Having said this, it is all speculation. But at this point, what else do we have? I've argued forever that this was about money. But if in fact there is proof sufficient for all four agencies to be in agreement that this was sexual assault, it appears that shoots that theory in the head.

I've have even heard it alleged that Stacy had escaped out of the back of the home and was recaptured and her (bloody?) footprint on the side of the home trying to get back INTO the home! (???) Doesn't seem logical to me but it came from someone who supposedly knew something. (Does anyone really know anything?) The police spokesman said on KY3 about three years ago that he believed the case would be solved. Now he has evidently retired. What gave him the optimism to issue this statement? No one knows.

What would please me no end is if the police would simply speak to the crime and go over the various facts already publicly published at one time or another and put them in some kind of logical sequence and probability so we aren't plowing the same ground with our own novel theories. At this point, it doesn't appear the case is even being worked. If it is, I am unaware of it.
__________________
"Never answer an anonymous letter"

"I didn't really say everything I said"

Yogi Berra


  #238  
Old 10-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Missouri Mule Missouri Mule is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymann View Post
Why did Robb state that the 3MW had been disposed of at his farm. What prompted him to say this....if he actually did in the first place. But if he did say or imply this, there had to be a reason for it. I wonder if he was being truthful?
When did he say that? I've never heard that before. To my knowledge there have been six people murdered there; three while the elder Robb was still alive and three at a later time although I am going on recollection. I cannot recall ever reading or hearing that anyone has ever said the remains were disposed on his farm.
__________________
"Never answer an anonymous letter"

"I didn't really say everything I said"

Yogi Berra


  #239  
Old 10-12-2009, 09:34 AM
monkeymann monkeymann is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 266
Ok...I found where the comment regarding Francis Robb stating that the women were taken to the farm. It was on a topix forum and I haven't found anything else about it anywhere else yet...but I'll post the content of the posts on the forum that pertain to the 3MW and the Robb farm:

Posted 02/25/2009 by "Unknown Poster"...on Topix Forum:

"If Francis Robb Said the ladies were ground up and feed to the pigs it should be taken serious, a few years ago his nephew did do this and got caut, just a few miles from Fancies farm in Northview,Mo. years ago the police went to a friends farm in Marshfield looking for stolen fur coats while surching his house he told the police if he had any fur coats he would make dog beds out of them the police didnt believe him they didnt find anything and left, What he said was true he had the furs in the dog house and got away with it, What ever Mr Robb said in prison should be taken serious, These people were mean you dont ever want to trust them these men would kill someone in a miniute, I was at a house years ago in Springfield, Francis was there among other people I knew, one of the guys had been takeing drugs that night I woke uo in the middle of the night and one of the guys had a knife at my throat I said what are you doing he said what does it look like He thought he seen someone comeing in the window and I taked him into letting me up to go see who it was,I was so lucky to get out of there, This man was killed in a car wreak a few years later it is sad to say but I was so glad he died,I am stll thankful today to be away from them, HIS dad and brother is still around which also was good friends with Francis Robb,They are a hell of a lot meaner when I go near Marshfield I use a different name,his dad was the one with the fur coats, When someone says they did something dont egnore it it can be true"

Last edited by monkeymann; 10-12-2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: posting error
  #240  
Old 10-12-2009, 09:44 AM
monkeymann monkeymann is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 266
Here is the posting that proceeded the one I just posted
Posted on 03/03/2007 by Ladybug..on Topix Forum:

"Rumor has had it in town since the disappeared they were taken by drug lords in K.C., Mo. The two girls were prositutes and all three were on drugs. A man on death row stated before he died the were ground up and fed to the pigs.. I do not believe the three bodies are those girls."

Now the "Prostitute" part I don't buy...but I believe the person she's refering to was Francis Robb...right?
I wish I could find these statement's that were supposidly made my "One of the Robb's" in a local newspaper article...it would make them a little more creditable.

Last edited by monkeymann; 10-12-2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: posting omition
  #241  
Old 10-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Trooogrit Trooogrit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymann View Post
Here is the posting that proceeded the one I just posted
Posted on 03/03/2007 by Ladybug..on Topix Forum:

"Rumor has had it in town since the disappeared they were taken by drug lords in K.C., Mo. The two girls were prositutes and all three were on drugs. A man on death row stated before he died the were ground up and fed to the pigs.. I do not believe the three bodies are those girls."

Now the "Prostitute" part I don't buy...but I believe the person she's refering to was Francis Robb...right?
I wish I could find these statement's that were supposidly made my "One of the Robb's" in a local newspaper article...it would make them a little more creditable.

Francis Robb was incarcerated at the time of this crime. He was convicted of murdering 3 people, and he was not on death row.
  #242  
Old 10-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Indianagirl's Avatar
Indianagirl Indianagirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymann View Post
Why did Robb state that the 3MW had been disposed of at his farm. What prompted him to say this....if he actually did in the first place. But if he did say or imply this, there had to be a reason for it. I wonder if he was being truthful?

None of the Robbs ever stated this. From what I understand, there is no known connection between the Robbs and Garrison. However, Garrison was trying to cut a deal on a different charge and told LE he knew where the bodies were.....on the Robb farm. It is not known if Garrison implicated himself to LE and that's why he proclaimed to know where the bodies were or if he was saying he knew who did and they told him where the bodies were.

I believe that is the only reason why the Robbs were even ever mentioned in this crime. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Indianagirl; 10-12-2009 at 11:34 AM.
  #243  
Old 10-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Hurricane Hurricane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianagirl View Post
None of the Robbs ever stated this. From what I understand, there is no known connection between the Robbs and Garrison. However, Garrison was trying to cut a deal on a different charge and told LE he knew where the bodies were.....on the Robb farm.
Quote:
It is not known if Garrison implicated himself to LE and that's why he proclaimed to know where the bodies were or if he was saying he knew who did and they told him where the bodies were.
I believe that is the only reason why the Robbs were even ever mentioned in this crime. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Garrison told police a friend had confessed to killing the three women during a drunken party. He told police information unknown to the public that led investigators to serve three search warrants at two sites in western Webster County; that they would find the women’s bodies and clues about their abduction and deaths.He also said a moss green van believed used to take the women would be found about 12 miles away, south of Fordland.

The property searched was the same site where in 1990 LE searched for two of three missing Springfieldians. Property owner Francis Lee Robb Sr. pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree murder in a case authorities said at the time they believed involve a drug deal gone awry.

Garrison was believed enough that a gag order concerning the three search warrants was issued by a judge. certain aspects of the information we received fit with other (private) aspects of the case,” Springfield Police Capt. Todd Whitson said. Whitson said the gag order was rare, but he could not say why it was issued, “other than to say there is such an order, and it governs the operation and everything related to the operation out here.” Added Webster County Sheriff C.E. Wells: “We can’t tell you anything about it until the order’s lifted.”

Info comes from the News-Leader, Aug. 29 & 31, 1993.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hurricane For This Useful Post:
  #244  
Old 10-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Hurricane Hurricane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooogrit View Post
Well it is pretty simple they have 12 suspects and probably at least 9 of them are inocent I can say there are 8 known publicly and they arent tied together. Nothing Iron willed about that. Is there any one of these confirmed to be involved in the Aryan brotherhood? Until affiliation with that group is confirmed it is just the flavor of the week in speculation.
What the Nov 11, 1995 article tells us is at that time (1995) the SPD, MHP, and investigators from KC and St. Louis agreed that there were 12 suspects that could not be eliminated. We don’t know if any of those 12 suspects have been subsequently eliminated during the fourteen years since then or not. It is very possible that further investigation has possibly cleared some of those 12 suspects.

Two of the likely suspects have since died at a young age. It’s not hard for them to keep secrets. If they had not previously been cleared from the suspect list it is not likely that they will be unless more can be determined about their movements and whereabouts during 1992.

If there really is a secret shared by co-conspirators that has never came out to LE then it would tend to confirm that their culpability in this crime is equal, and that they are all in such a position that they would receive no benefit to their own situation by divulging it; and by implicating their partner(s) in crime would only implicate themselves equally.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hurricane For This Useful Post:
  #245  
Old 10-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Missouri Mule Missouri Mule is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Garrison told police a friend had confessed to killing the three women during a drunken party. He told police information unknown to the public that led investigators to serve three search warrants at two sites in western Webster County; that they would find the women’s bodies and clues about their abduction and deaths.He also said a moss green van believed used to take the women would be found about 12 miles away, south of Fordland.

The property searched was the same site where in 1990 LE searched for two of three missing Springfieldians. Property owner Francis Lee Robb Sr. pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree murder in a case authorities said at the time they believed involve a drug deal gone awry.

Garrison was believed enough that a gag order concerning the three search warrants was issued by a judge. certain aspects of the information we received fit with other (private) aspects of the case,” Springfield Police Capt. Todd Whitson said. Whitson said the gag order was rare, but he could not say why it was issued, “other than to say there is such an order, and it governs the operation and everything related to the operation out here.” Added Webster County Sheriff C.E. Wells: “We can’t tell you anything about it until the order’s lifted.”

Info comes from the News-Leader, Aug. 29 & 31, 1993.
I seem to recall this article having read it a long time ago. Did this gag order ever get further illumination as to its contents and did anything relevant to the case ever materialize? So far as I know the van never turned up and so far as I know nothing ever came of these searches. It is highly significant that certain aspects of the information we received fit with other (private) aspects of the case,” was stated indicating that Garrison's information was good information. Yet, so far as I know, nothing that he ever provided turned into anything sufficient to bring charges or other leads leading to a conclusion.

Roye Cole is the current sheriff of Webster County. I think Ron Worsham proceeded him and evidently C.E. Wells was before Worsham. I believe that is the right order of sheriffs in Webster County if that is in any way relevant.

This is one of the things that has nagged me at no end. We have what appears to be very promising leads suggesting a solution to the case and then it seemingly drops off the map with no explanation of what came of it. We know that Garrison is eating off medal plates in one of Missouri's finest penal institutions and yet it would appear that nothing he ever produced in the way of evidence that would point in a specific direction ever came to anything. It might lead a person to believe he got this second or third hand among the underworld grapevine and shared it in an attempt to broker a lighter sentence for the certain convictions he was looking at for his dastardly deeds.

The elder Robb died in prison and I recall reading his obituary in the Spfd N/L. I believe also that his son also died and there is one other son still surviving. I would suppose that the "farm" in question is still in the family. I'm not at all certain how Cox fits in with this scheme of things. And I have no idea who the identities of these 12 suspects are except for speculation or how LE knows sexual assault was the motive unless there was some corroborated information that pointed in that direction. Based on the above excerpt it is more likely than not that Garrison's ostensible relevant information led to that conclusion since no DNA or forensic evidence was ever stated anywhere to my knowledge leading to such a conclusion.

Having said all of the above signifying nothing, I'd sure like to know what Doug Thomas knows about the case where he indicated he knew exactly what went down. What I do believe would make all the difference is that if the SPD would drop the pretense this is merely a missing person case and declare it a triple homicide and get the community involved heavily and let's put this case to bed. Surely there is a solution to be found somewhere. At this rate we will all be dead never knowing what went down that night.
__________________
"Never answer an anonymous letter"

"I didn't really say everything I said"

Yogi Berra


  #246  
Old 10-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Missouri Mule Missouri Mule is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
What the Nov 11, 1995 article tells us is at that time (1995) the SPD, MHP, and investigators from KC and St. Louis agreed that there were 12 suspects that could not be eliminated. We don’t know if any of those 12 suspects have been subsequently eliminated during the fourteen years since then or not. It is very possible that further investigation has possibly cleared some of those 12 suspects.

Two of the likely suspects have since died at a young age. It’s not hard for them to keep secrets. If they had not previously been cleared from the suspect list it is not likely that they will be unless more can be determined about their movements and whereabouts during 1992.

If there really is a secret shared by co-conspirators that has never came out to LE then it would tend to confirm that their culpability in this crime is equal, and that they are all in such a position that they would receive no benefit to their own situation by divulging it; and by implicating their partner(s) in crime would only implicate themselves equally.
This has been confirmed??? I had heard it rumored but not confirmed. Are we talking about "Larry" and "Curly?" Or two others? We know the grave robbers are very much alive and where they are living.

If we only have 10 surviving, then it seems to come down to Garrison or Cox ratting themselves or the other out if they are in anyway involved. They must believe they will one day get out of the slammer. I sincerely doubt that Cox will ever see the light of day in Texas. Don't know about Garrison.
__________________
"Never answer an anonymous letter"

"I didn't really say everything I said"

Yogi Berra


  #247  
Old 10-12-2009, 02:27 PM
monkeymann monkeymann is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Garrison told police a friend had confessed to killing the three women during a drunken party. He told police information unknown to the public that led investigators to serve three search warrants at two sites in western Webster County; that they would find the women’s bodies and clues about their abduction and deaths.He also said a moss green van believed used to take the women would be found about 12 miles away, south of Fordland.

The property searched was the same site where in 1990 LE searched for two of three missing Springfieldians. Property owner Francis Lee Robb Sr. pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree murder in a case authorities said at the time they believed involve a drug deal gone awry.

Garrison was believed enough that a gag order concerning the three search warrants was issued by a judge. certain aspects of the information we received fit with other (private) aspects of the case,” Springfield Police Capt. Todd Whitson said. Whitson said the gag order was rare, but he could not say why it was issued, “other than to say there is such an order, and it governs the operation and everything related to the operation out here.” Added Webster County Sheriff C.E. Wells: “We can’t tell you anything about it until the order’s lifted.”

Info comes from the News-Leader, Aug. 29 & 31, 1993.
So if this is the case...was the information this guy gave found to have any validaty at all? Do you think it is possable that police just missed finding what they were looking for on the farm, and possably the evidence is still there?

Last edited by monkeymann; 10-12-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: posting error
  #248  
Old 10-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Hurricane Hurricane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Mule View Post
I seem to recall this article having read it a long time ago. Did this gag order ever get further illumination as to its contents and did anything relevant to the case ever materialize? So far as I know the van never turned up and so far as I know nothing ever came of these searches. It is highly significant that certain aspects of the information we received fit with other (private) aspects of the case,” was stated indicating that Garrison's information was good information. Yet, so far as I know, nothing that he ever provided turned into anything sufficient to bring charges or other leads leading to a conclusion.

Roye Cole is the current sheriff of Webster County. I think Ron Worsham proceeded him and evidently C.E. Wells was before Worsham. I believe that is the right order of sheriffs in Webster County if that is in any way relevant.

This is one of the things that has nagged me at no end. We have what appears to be very promising leads suggesting a solution to the case and then it seemingly drops off the map with no explanation of what came of it. We know that Garrison is eating off medal plates in one of Missouri's finest penal institutions and yet it would appear that nothing he ever produced in the way of evidence that would point in a specific direction ever came to anything.
Quote:
It might lead a person to believe he got this second or third hand among the underworld grapevine and shared it in an attempt to broker a lighter sentence for the certain convictions he was looking at for his dastardly deeds.
The elder Robb died in prison and I recall reading his obituary in the Spfd N/L. I believe also that his son also died and there is one other son still surviving. I would suppose that the "farm" in question is still in the family. I'm not at all certain how Cox fits in with this scheme of things. And I have no idea who the identities of these 12 suspects are except for speculation or how LE knows sexual assault was the motive unless there was some corroborated information that pointed in that direction. Based on the above excerpt it is more likely than not that Garrison's ostensible relevant information led to that conclusion since no DNA or forensic evidence was ever stated anywhere to my knowledge leading to such a conclusion.

Having said all of the above signifying nothing, I'd sure like to know what Doug Thomas knows about the case where he indicated he knew exactly what went down. What I do believe would make all the difference is that if the SPD would drop the pretense this is merely a missing person case and declare it a triple homicide and get the community involved heavily and let's put this case to bed. Surely there is a solution to be found somewhere. At this rate we will all be dead never knowing what went down that night.
When Garrison gave info to LE leading to the Webster County search the only charges that he faced ahead at that time was unlawful possession of a weapon, and escape from custody. Ten days after his escape from SPD’s custody he raped a 20 yr old college student but was not yet a suspect in that case when he was recaptured ten days after. I doubt that he would try and broker a lighter sentence on a charge which only netted him 3 yrs anyway, by associating himself with friends involved in the abduction/rape/murder of three women when he himself had just committed a rape ten days prior. It seems to me that he would have been better off to have remained quiet, did his 3 yrs, and hoped that he was not recognized in connection with the rape of the college coed. I believe that he had a momentary lack of judgment when he disclosed this information, possibly because his friends had fled Springfield within days of the abduction and were long gone and free. Garrison chose to stay behind in his hometown and everything was good in his mind until he was arrested for possession of a weapon.
  #249  
Old 10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Hurricane Hurricane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Mule View Post
Quote:
This has been confirmed??? I had heard it rumored but not confirmed. Are we talking about "Larry" and "Curly?" Or two others?
We know the grave robbers are very much alive and where they are living.

If we only have 10 surviving, then it seems to come down to Garrison or Cox ratting themselves or the other out if they are in anyway involved. They must believe they will one day get out of the slammer. I sincerely doubt that Cox will ever see the light of day in Texas. Don't know about Garrison.
The GJ3 are all alive and well. I am not speaking of the Robb’s either. Since the deceased have not been named as suspects publicly I cannot do so either.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hurricane For This Useful Post:
  #250  
Old 10-12-2009, 02:48 PM
monkeymann monkeymann is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
When Garrison gave info to LE leading to the Webster County search the only charges that he faced ahead at that time was unlawful possession of a weapon, and escape from custody. Ten days after his escape from SPD’s custody he raped a 20 yr old college student but was not yet a suspect in that case when he was recaptured ten days after. I doubt that he would try and broker a lighter sentence on a charge which only netted him 3 yrs anyway, by associating himself with friends involved in the abduction/rape/murder of three women when he himself had just committed a rape ten days prior. It seems to me that he would have been better off to have remained quiet, did his 3 yrs, and hoped that he was not recognized in connection with the rape of the college coed. I believe that he had a momentary lack of judgment when he disclosed this information, possibly because his friends had fled Springfield within days of the abduction and were long gone and free. Garrison chose to stay behind in his hometown and everything was good in his mind until he was arrested for possession of a weapon.

Ok....So with that said, do you think there is any validaty to the farm being the burial/disposal spot for the women? Do you think that they are buried on the property? You're implying by saying that Garrison, "Let it slip" that it was a true statement; Garrisons directing police to the farm south of Cassville.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MO Stacy Kathleen McCall (18) & Suzanne E. Streeter (19) - Springfield MO, 1992 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Missing Children in America - A Profile 1 04-17-2010 02:05 PM
The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 /Possible locations. :+:MrTT:+: The Springfield Three 1 04-09-2009 10:02 PM
The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #1 englishleigh The Springfield Three 630 02-05-2008 09:56 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!