Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > Hasanni Campbell

Notices

Hasanni Campbell Missing from Oakland, CA since Aug 10, 2009. Hasanni was born Sep 24, 2003. He was last seen at approximately 4:15p.m. Hassani was wearing a gray sweatshirt and gray pants. He wears braces on his ankles.

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Semper Fi

Well LE would not be taking Ross to relive that day if they thought someone took Hassani from the store location. LE doesn't believe the story he's telling and I don't either.

The interesting thing about the article on DOJ stats is it doesn't mention that not only are stranger abductions rare, many children reported missing that are later found dead or never found at all went missing at the hands of their parents, the parents significant others or other type of caretakers. In other words, they were never abductions to begin with but were homicides from the get go and falsely reported as abductions.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Semper Fi

Below is a map of Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont. How far away is this from the house? I'm going to guess a phone ping or GPS info lead LE to search there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...10378&t=h&z=13

ETA: I see it's maybe half mile west of the house and the park searched the other day.

Last edited by SuziQ; 08-14-2009 at 11:12 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)

Does anyone know if this is a new BMW? I read up on the BMW assist program which is like OnStar. It has a built in hands free phone. If it's a new one he could've called from the cars phone when he arrived there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jnTexas For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 11:22 PM

Coyote Hills is less than 5 minutes from the house and the park. I live next to the park. I was at Coyote Hills earlier this week and spoke to the fellow in the ticket booth. He said the police had been by the day before to look around.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ecatzippy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 11:28 PM

I imagine that they would search Don Edwards park this weekend too since it is also about 5-7 minutes from the house with a pier into the bay at the end.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ecatzippy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 11:29 PM

I don't know how to ask this tactfully so if I offend anyone I am profoundly sorry. If something 'happens' to a child, one who's about 30 pounds. How much time can elapse, realistically, before cadaver dogs are able to pick up the scent of decomp? A few minutes after the child is deceased...an hour....how long?

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Kind words do not cost much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
I don't know how to ask this tactfully so if I offend anyone I am profoundly sorry. If something 'happens' to a child, one who's about 30 pounds. How much time can elapse, realistically, before cadaver dogs are able to pick up the scent of decomp? A few minutes after the child is deceased...an hour....how long?
Shutterfly, IIRC... decomp can be picked up by trained dogs as few as 10-15 minutes after death, and the scent only gets stronger.

The 10-15 minutes is needed when the deceased is moved from one place to another, the deceased must rest in one place at least that long before the dogs will hit.

There are a few posters here that are very knowledgeable about the whole process and have posted it on several different threads here. I am only repeating to you what I recall from reading their posts. I hope I have not misinformed anyone.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:38 PM

I'm starting to wonder if the security camera at Coyote Hills is now working if police are again focusing on that area. I watched them install it a few months ago. We go there a lot with our East Bay Regional Parks pass to visit Houdini the turtle and the butterfly garden. Although, if it was working you think the police would have spent even more time out there if they knew something. You can get in without paying the toll if you walk. It seems improbably that someone could walk out far enough into the marsh or farmland in daylight to hide something so large without anyone noticing. The water is very shallow, so shallow you can see some of the larger fish from the road. In the dry months the ponds dry up entirely with the exception of the shallow stream. If somebody left something there it is going to be readily obvious in a few months.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ecatzippy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 11:40 PM

Also, if you were at Coyote Hills and didn't bury someone or hide them in the water, there are many buzzards there who eat the squirrels hit by cars driving through the park. It would be very obvious if someone was there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ecatzippy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Watch us lie to cover for 'Princess'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
Nobody in their right mind would leave a 5 year old in an alley and walk that far away. Brings me back to calling the aunt or sending her a text.

Any idea how long he was at the salvage yard ? How long would it take for a child to succumb to the heat in a closed car ?
Where was the baby while he was looking for parts ?
What time was he at there ?
Bold mine.

Keep in mind that I am praying that Ross is innocent of this, but we should remember that he is a relatively "new" Dad...only has been one for what, 8-9 months. Plus he is a man...maybe a mom would not leave her 5 yr old that far away, but he is:

1. A man-thinking process is different from a woman
2. Running late for his class, etc.
3. Thinks he is in a relatively safe area of town
4. New to being a parent, and maybe too trusting or not as cynical as someone who has been parenting for the full five years of Hassini's life.

So maybe, in his haste, to get to class, he thought he could run to the front door of the shoe store, tell Jennifer to open the back door to let Hassini in and then hurry around back again, and he thought Hassani would be ok for that 5 minutes that that took.

JMO

Last edited by mitzi; 08-15-2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Add more info
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 12:12 AM

I don't believe him. Ross is a whiner. He's looking for sympathy for himself. He attempts to correct and clarify the story (no wonder, it can't stand on its' own) No one leaves a 5 year old in an alley unless they want to fabricate a story about abduction or hope someone will abduct them.)

Both my children have gone missing, as in vanished in an instant, and I well remember that indescribable feeling of pure dread until they were found. They were both found within 10 minutes one in a store, the other had "taken a walk" to the store.

The thing is, you're humbled and begging anyone to help find them. It doesn't occur to you to comment on how many hours each day you've been interviewed. Or feel you've been "thrown against the wall".

I hope LE isn't buying it either. (Of course they're not - they've done voice analysis - and profiled his answers) LE didn't just fall off the back of a turnip truck!!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Paulette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
I don't believe him. Ross is a whiner. He's looking for sympathy for himself. He attempts to correct and clarify the story (no wonder, it can't stand on its' own) No one leaves a 5 year old in an alley unless they want to fabricate a story about abduction or hope someone will abduct them.)

Both my children have gone missing, as in vanished in an instant, and I well remember that indescribable feeling of pure dread until they were found. They were both found within 10 minutes one in a store, the other had "taken a walk" to the store.

The thing is, you're humbled and begging anyone to help find them. It doesn't occur to you to comment on how many hours each day you've been interviewed. Or feel you've been "thrown against the wall".

I hope LE isn't buying it either. (Of course they're not - they've done voice analysis - and profiled his answers) LE didn't just fall off the back of a turnip truck!!
:Welcome-12-june:

Nice to have you with Us Paulette. I think most of us are trying really hard to believe Ross, obviously, because the flip side is one that none of us want to see happen....again. But for what it's worth, I think you and I are thinking precisely the same thing. I am trying really hard to believe him, honest to God I am....and failing miserably.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
Bold mine.

Keep in mind that I am praying that Ross is innocent of this, but we should remember that he is a relatively "new" Dad...only has been one for what, 8-9 months. Plus he is a man...maybe a mom would not leave her 5 yr old that far away, but he is:

1. A man-thinking process is different from a woman
2. Running late for his class, etc.
3. Thinks he is in a relatively safe area of town
4. New to being a parent, and maybe too trusting or not as cynical as someone who has been parenting for the full five years of Hassini's life.

So maybe, in his haste, to get to class, he thought he could run to the front door of the shoe store, tell Jennifer to open the back door to let Hassini in and then hurry around back again, and he thought Hassani would be ok for that 5 minutes that that took.

JMO
I agree to a point. But this is a man who was checked out and deemed worthy by the s\State of California to take care of someone else's child.
I think he should be better than the typical non-thinking male.JK.
He's taken away from his parents because they can't afford to take care of him and given to someone who loses him and he is most likely dead. It just seems wrong. Why didn't the government just give them a bailout.
Sounds like they needed it more than AIG.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Welcome to WS Paulette.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 12:38 AM
If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.

Welocome to WS's jericai117, ecatzippy & Paulette along with everyone else new, that I may have missed the last few days!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 01:19 AM

I'm wondering why LE hasn't had any press conferences on this case! It really seems to me that they are holding back info from the public & must have an idea of what happened to Hassani. It makes my hinky meter rise that they aren't asking for the public's help at all. They have only held 1 news conference since Monday.......I think that it alone speaks very loud the lack of another one. Even in Robert Manwill's case & others they were asking for the public's help to come aide in searching, as well as one too many to name!

You would think they would be asking for searchers to meet somewhere to lead a massive search of all areas of interest.

Is anyone else thinking the same as me? TIA

ETA: P.S. Everyone is so quiet tonight!

I believe we are all holding our breaths that this little handsome guy is found safe, but the more days that pass it's harder to do so. We do have to remember that it has happened in the past, though not as often as we would all like it too!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 01:21 AM
Go Chicago Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymil23 View Post

It looks like a fair distance from the alley. There are two stores from the corner of Harwood and College before you get to Shuz. Plus the length of the building to get back to the alley. Too far to leave a littleone...
Wonder if anyone has a theory about where the perp was hiding as to not be seen by Ross as he pulled in the back parking space. Even if Ross had been observed for a couple of months dropping the children off at the shoe store....and the perp expected his arrival, where would he be hiding himself?

How did the perp know Ross would be running late?

How did the perp know Ross would walk to the front of the store rather than call his fiance from his cell phone while he was in the car?

Did the perp enter after Ross had turned the corner - and if so, where did he go with a 5yo in his arms and not be seen?

Was it ever mentioned why Ross was running late? He had an orientation at Stanford Medical Facility and class that night - was it typical for him to run late or was it just this time? TIA

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 01:37 AM

Hey eyes4.....actually I think Ross was early....by about an hour

Old 08-15-2009, 01:37 AM

UPDATED: Police question missing boy's foster father
August 14, 2009
<snipped>
(08-14) 17:56 PDT HAYWARD -- The foster father of a missing 5-year-old boy was interviewed for about an hour Friday by Oakland police homicide investigators who brought him to a Hayward auto wrecking yard where he took the boy before the child vanished, authorities said.

Louis Ross agreed to accompany Sgt. Gus Galindo to the Pick Your Part wrecking yard on Winton Avenue, where Ross took Hasanni Campbell and the boy's 1-year-old sister Monday afternoon, hours before the boy disappeared, said John Burris, a lawyer whom Ross is consulting.

Police have searched in and around the auto-parts yard and the store in recent days, along with a park near the family's home in Fremont. They say they still consider the case a missing person investigation.

Ross, 38, has said he is cooperating with officials "100 percent." He took a polygraph examination Wednesday, but federal authorities who administered the test will not discuss the findings.

Burris said police took Ross to the wrecking yard and spoke with him for about an hour Friday before returning him to his home on Roxie Terrace.

"They wanted to find out what he knows," Burris said. "He was very cooperative."

Ross told Burris that he had gone to the yard looking for a car part. He was taking care of the children before dropping them off at the shoe store so he could go to a job orientation at Stanford Hospital Medical Center and then a medical assistant's class in Union City, Burris said.

Alameda County sheriff's deputies will be searching Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont on Saturday and undisclosed locations in Hayward, authorities with knowledge of the case said. It is not clear why those areas were being targeted for more intensive searches.

Article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...8ST0.DTL&tsp=1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Go Chicago Bears!

Quote:
Hey eyes4.....actually I think Ross was early....by about an hour
Thanks for that info Shutterfly. For some reason I thought he was running late and the trip to the front door wasn't his usual route. So walking to the front door and back is the way he always does this trip? TIA

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)
The Following User Says Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
Thanks for that info Shutterfly. For some reason I thought he was running late and the trip to the front door wasn't his usual route. So walking to the front door and back is the way he always does this trip? TIA
If I recall, none of this is his 'normal' routine. He was an hour early because of 'an earlier appointment' but at the same time, he claimed to be running late. He said that he 'normally' calls Jennifer from the car to have her unlock the back door, and he hands the kids off there. This time he claims he didn't call, because he was in a hurry? If he was in a hurry then it stands to reason calling to have her open the door would be doubly important on this day, to conserve time.

I got all of this directly from Ross's mouth. From the video's Angel Who Cares posted a few pages back. I'll go get you a link to both video's so you can hear it for yourself....be back in a minute....

ETA: link http://cbs5.com/video/?id=53997@kpix.dayport.com

You may have to dig for the video...it's dated Aug 12th...7:07 pm. I just found it on page eight of the video's.

Last edited by Shutterfly; 08-15-2009 at 02:08 AM. Reason: adding link for eyes4
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 02:09 AM
Go Chicago Bears!

Quote:
If I recall, none of this is his 'normal' routine. He was an hour early because of 'an earlier appointment' but at the same time, he claimed to be running late. He said that he 'normally' calls Jennifer from the car to have her unlock the back door, and he hands the kids off there. This time he claims he didn't call, because he was in a hurry? If he was in a hurry then it stands to reason calling to have her open the door would be doubly important on this day, to conserve time.

I got all of this directly from Ross's mouth. From the video's Angel Who Cares posted a few pages back. I'll go get you a link to both video's so you can hear it for yourself....be back in a minute....
I knew I heard Ross say he was in a hurry, that's what made me think he was late. If he was an hour early - how would any perp know about that?

I wonder if Ross knows how illogical he sounds? Logically, I can't understand how a perp would ever get to the child...nor can I understand why Ross hasn't been arrested yet. mho

The Following User Says Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 02:35 AM

Shutterfly & eyes4crime it's in this video what LR's explaination of his routine in dropping off the kids, & that he was early that day. Also from one of the first videos even Hassani's Godmother says in a video that LR story just dosen't make sense or add up correctly. (quoted not word for word)

RAW VIDEO: Louis Ross Talks To ABC7
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6962712

This is the video where the godmother questions LR's story....it's towards the very end of the video!

VIDEO: Police Search Park, Home For Disabled Boy
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6962291

ETA: Every time I watch the Raw Video with LR again his story just dosen't make sense at all. I keep trying to give him the benefit of doubt, that he isn't responsible, but too many things don't add up.

1. Another video where a reporter walks from the alley where he was parked....it took him a total of 40 seconds.

1.A. LR says that it took him at the max 5 minutes to go to the front & back to the car.

2. If he was running behind that day, him not having time to call ahead to be at the back door....it took longer for him longer to go around the front, to ask her to open the back door, than it would have taken to call ahead for her to be ready & waiting.

3. As many others have noticed Hassani is always referenced as an Auntie when they both speak, (LR & JC) but LR is always referenced as his son. I can't understand this.....unless he rules the household. As the poster said he is well liked & looked up to at school, but I believe most everyone acts different away from their families. I know my daughter use to get mad when she was around 10-13 yrs old, when I sold Avon, that how come I spoke to my customers nicer than her. I told her when she grew up she would understand everyone has a business voice & one that is used daily around family & friends. She is now 30 & does understand the difference.

I could add more examples, but I think you will get what I'm seeing if you watch the video several times. JMHO

Last edited by Angel Who Cares; 08-15-2009 at 02:55 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 02:53 AM

This is a cool site...search cell phone tower and antennae's by city....and it's free

http://www.antennasearch.com/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 03:04 AM

AWC I took this from your post above. I was too lazy to quote, snip, etc.....

"2. If he was running behind that day, him not having time to call ahead to be at the back door....it took longer for him longer to go around the front, to ask her to open the back door, than it would have taken to call ahead for her to be ready & waiting."

I just "got' this a bit earlier when I was pointing out to eyes4 that he was actually late AND early. That little bit of info tipped the scale for me. I think he just needs to tell LE what he did with that child...period. This has gone on long enough and he's only making it worse on the people who loved this child.

Closed Thread