Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > Hasanni Campbell

Notices

Hasanni Campbell Missing from Oakland, CA since Aug 10, 2009. Hasanni was born Sep 24, 2003. He was last seen at approximately 4:15p.m. Hassani was wearing a gray sweatshirt and gray pants. He wears braces on his ankles.

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
Didn't know if you all knew or not, but HLN's PrimeTime is covering Hassani today. If you miss it, it'll be on again later tonight. I believe it's on till 6PM CT.

I apologize if this was already posted, I'm still catching up from where I left off last night & posting new media for several different threads.

Hi AWC , I have a really dumb question: what is HLN ?? I've heard of Primetime Live but don't know if it's the same thing.... thanks!!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:39 PM

WOW...you guys been BUSY! The info thread is shaping up nicely. This is great!

ETA: Columbo HLN is Headline News. I think it's a "CNN thing.'

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noway View Post
Is it not likely that his sister would too? I would think the smaller the child, the more easily the heat would affect them.

Links about heat stroke ... symptoms
http://www.drpaul.com/illnesses/heat.html

says babies are especially prone ...
http://www.easybabylife.com/heat-stroke.html
Yeah, that question bothered me too - but we can see from this story that dad might have been in the habit of taking baby with him and not Hassani.

Just a thought.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Hi AWC , I have a really dumb question: what is HLN ?? I've heard of Primetime Live but don't know if it's the same thing.... thanks!!
Headline News
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
WOW...you guys been BUSY! The info thread is shaping up nicely. This is great!

ETA: Columbo HLN is Headline News. I think it's a "CNN thing.'
Thanks, Shutterfly! I will check out CNN .
Old 08-17-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Hey wanted to let you all know that Melissa Huckaby is indicted for MURDRER!!!!

OT --- but I didn't know where else to put this!

"Huckaby was indicted on five counts in connection with Cantu's murder Monday afternoon. She had two cuts on her forehead, rumored to be from an incident at the jail Monday morning."

I guess karma is already coming around to bite her ???

The autopsy results are going to remain sealed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Inactive

Police offer up to $10,000 for information leading to whereabouts of missing Fremont boy

By Kristin Bender
Oakland Tribune
Posted: 08/17/2009 03:19:05 PM PDT
Updated: 08/17/2009 03:19:06 PM PDT

OAKLAND — Police and Crime Stoppers of Oakland have announced a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the whereabouts of 5-year-old Hassani Campbell, a disabled Fremont boy whose family members say he was last seen one week ago.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_13145755
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Quote:
Hey wanted to let you all know that Melissa Huckaby is indicted for MURDRER!!!!

Quote:
OT --- but I didn't know where else to put this!

"Huckaby was indicted on five counts in connection with Cantu's murder Monday afternoon. She had two cuts on her forehead, rumored to be from an incident at the jail Monday morning."

I guess karma is already coming around to bite her ???

The autopsy results are going to remain sealed.
Here's the link to the Huckaby thread
Huckaby Court Date 17 Aug, 2009 @ 1 PM (PT) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
Police offer up to $10,000 for information leading to whereabouts of missing Fremont boy

By Kristin Bender
Oakland Tribune
Posted: 08/17/2009 03:19:05 PM PDT
Updated: 08/17/2009 03:19:06 PM PDT

OAKLAND — Police and Crime Stoppers of Oakland have announced a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the whereabouts of 5-year-old Hassani Campbell, a disabled Fremont boy whose family members say he was last seen one week ago.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_13145755
Good evening! This is great news! I'd rather hear that Hassani was found, of course, but at least there is a reward which might get somebody to come forward with valuable information.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
I wonder what the parking situation in front of the store is. Seems as if double-parking for a few minutes would have been better/easier.
Hi Noway! College Ave is really, really busy and double-parking would create an extreme inconvenience to other cars trying to use the street. It could even be dangerous if those inconvenienced got angry about it. Especially with two little kids in tow!!
Just my opinion...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Help find Adji

Birthdate for JMC

Think I finally got it - take a look:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Birthdate Whoot.jpg (55.0 KB, 52 views)
Old 08-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
Yeah, that question bothered me too - but we can see from this story that dad might have been in the habit of taking baby with him and not Hassani.

Just a thought.
I thought I'd read that both were left in the car while at the scrap yard but maybe that is not true.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
I thought I'd read that both were left in the car while at the scrap yard but maybe that is not true.
That is what LR said; and the scrap yard workers said that a child was crying in the car, they thought it was Hasanni; but we all wondered if possibly it was just the baby crying and Hasanni was already gone by then. (for lack of a good way to say it). It never was really clarified if the workers actually saw two children in the car....
Old 08-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Montana

Quote:
Hi Noway! College Ave is really, really busy and double-parking would create an extreme inconvenience to other cars trying to use the street. It could even be dangerous if those inconvenienced got angry about it. Especially with two little kids in tow!!
Just my opinion...
Thank you! The photo didn't seem to have a lot of traffic but I'm not sure when the photo was taken.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elepher50 View Post
Think I finally got it - take a look:
By George, I think you've GOT IT!!!!

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 09:49 PM

Hey, Ross is getting a little testy...

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20437763/detail.html
(video included)

*snipped*
"Ross has been questioned by police and given a lie detector test. On Monday, Ross angrily addressed speculation that he might be involved in the disappearance of his foster son.

"'Oh, they were foster parents. Did they really care?' Well, you go talk to social services,” said Ross. “You wanna find the record straight? You go to them and ask them why they placed them with us. Because we gave a damn! These were our children. Don't try to take that from us. This wasn't a situation where we didn't care about those children. We've fought every inch for both of them."

Hasanni's foster family is also grappling with the loss of their one year-old foster daughter who has been removed from their care.

"All we want is our children home. We want Hasanni found and Aaliyah with us," said the boy’s foster mother Campbell."

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Help find Adji

Quote:
By George, I think you've GOT IT!!!!
Hey Shutterfly ... yep, thinks we finally got it - it fits and we know JMC's mother's last name is Clark. I am going to go back in and try and find Shemika now. First, a drink
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Help find Adji

Bio Mom Birthdate

Here we go:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shemika Whoot.jpg (55.0 KB, 25 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Thank you! The photo didn't seem to have a lot of traffic but I'm not sure when the photo was taken.
You're welcome, Noway. Maybe "congested" would have been a better word. It's just not the easiest place to find a parking spot, or get into and out of one; I was lucky on Saturday and found one on Harwood almost directly across the street from the alleyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 10:20 PM

WTF? This comes from a news article AWC posted on the info thread....post #33.

"Law enforcement sources say Ross reported taking the boy with him earlier that day to the Hayward Pick Your Part auto salvage yard.

The trip was unusual, authorities said, because even though Ross said he was looking for a particular part, witnesses told authorities that he had left without getting out of the car to look for it."

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Help find Adji

Quote:

"Law enforcement sources say Ross reported taking the boy with him earlier that day to the Hayward Pick Your Part auto salvage yard.

The trip was unusual, authorities said, because even though Ross said he was looking for a particular part, witnesses told authorities that he had left without getting out of the car to look for it."
That just doesn't make good sense does it?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:
Montana

Quote:

Weird. I had been looking for the article I'd read that said both kids were left in the car, and read comments on another board that said he hadn't left the car and was looking for the news report they were talking about.

Found lots of articles but not any that specifically said he'd left BOTH kids in the car. And now it appears that he didn't get out either?

Can you drive around in this salvage yard? If the part was small (what was the particular part I wonder?) you'd never know whether they had it ...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Hey, Ross is getting a little testy...

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20437763/detail.html
(video included)

*snipped*
"Ross has been questioned by police and given a lie detector test. On Monday, Ross angrily addressed speculation that he might be involved in the disappearance of his foster son.

"'Oh, they were foster parents. Did they really care?' Well, you go talk to social services,” said Ross. “You wanna find the record straight? You go to them and ask them why they placed them with us. Because we gave a damn! These were our children. Don't try to take that from us. This wasn't a situation where we didn't care about those children. We've fought every inch for both of them."

Hasanni's foster family is also grappling with the loss of their one year-old foster daughter who has been removed from their care.

"All we want is our children home. We want Hasanni found and Aaliyah with us," said the boy’s foster mother Campbell."
LR really does seem genuinely upset, anguished, angry and frustrated -- from what they have said it does sound like they have fought for them. Therapy for Hasanni was mentioned one time, etc etc.

What keeps knocking me for a loop is that Hasanni was grabbed (if he was grabbed) and disappeared within a one or two minute time frame, in such a peaceful, harmless-seeming area! You'd think that LR would have had to see a perp or someone lurking around...I guess stranger things have happened. If he really was feeling rushed he might not have noticed someone passing by. Maybe they should hypnotize him! he might remember something that he wasn't aware of consciously (like a person coming down the street or by the back of the alley).

Sorry--I just keep going around and around with this.

I thought it was interesting what the policeman said about lack of leads. That is sad. Maybe the reward money will be enough to make someone rat out the perp (if there is a perp).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Montana

Or maybe he got there and the thought of getting out with a 5 yo and an 18 mo was too much? I've felt that way at Wal-mart. The whole facing the crowd and cranky 3 yo and 10 yo and I've turned around and gone home, planning to make a late-night run by myself.

But I wonder why there are different versions of what happened at the salvage yard. The truth is not this hard. Or it shouldn't be.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elepher50 View Post
That just doesn't make good sense does it?
It's odd.
I know that I have gone to shopping malls with the intention of going into a store and then decide I am too exhausted to shop, so I don't even get out of my car, and just leave...this sounds a little different, though...
Closed Thread