Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > Hasanni Campbell

Notices

Hasanni Campbell Missing from Oakland, CA since Aug 10, 2009. Hasanni was born Sep 24, 2003. He was last seen at approximately 4:15p.m. Hassani was wearing a gray sweatshirt and gray pants. He wears braces on his ankles.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:22 AM
STEADFAST's Avatar
STEADFAST STEADFAST is offline
"From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class."*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: One word: Cheese Curds
Posts: 9,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by elepher50 View Post
Have a good snooze - do you think that bio mom still had access to the children or maybe Hasanni was left with her and something happened and we are into a cover up? Just wondering.......
I've thought about that, too, but I can't imagine them covering up for their violating the rules or the mother's guilt in his disappearance when they started to be suspected of killing him. Not that they're official suspects, but even they admit that LE seems to have it's doubts about their story.
__________________

*Raymond Chandler
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:
  #152  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:23 AM
LaLaw2000's Avatar
LaLaw2000 LaLaw2000 is offline
Justice for all victims!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
I got zero sleep, so I am off to bed, but I thought I would leave a parting thought:

In the video of the interview with bio mother, there is a very well maintained white bike in the middle of the apartment. Whose is it? Bio mother doesn't see, like the bike riding type, if you catch my drift. So, who lives with her? Why weren't they willing to appear on camera? That and that infant carrier, something isn't right on that end of this whole deal.
Bike is on this video, http://cbs5.com/video/?id=53961@kpix.dayport.com at 2:08
NMK, I saw the bike you are speaking of. It is a girls/females bike. I just wonder if may bio moms mother lives with her.
__________________
**May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:
  #153  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:30 AM
STEADFAST's Avatar
STEADFAST STEADFAST is offline
"From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class."*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: One word: Cheese Curds
Posts: 9,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
(Bold in original.)

I assume they had a childcare agreement with the state and some part of their story - likely the fact they regularly left the kids in the care of the mom at work with fellow employees who had not been cleared with the state to babysit - violated.

However, I am not certain I believe CPS outright said "you'll never get them back, no matter what." I suspect that is what they heard from a more reasonable line like, "we're starting an investigation into whether or not you guys should get them back" or something similar.

In any case, I am not sure why the dad, who is concerned how people see him, would publicize this part of the story on his own will, as it has nothing to do with the more important story of Hasanni's disappearance. Seems odd, and ill-advised.
In the video I saw, the part about CPS not returning the girl was spoken by the anchorwoman not Ross.
__________________

*Raymond Chandler
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:
  #154  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:31 AM
LaLaw2000's Avatar
LaLaw2000 LaLaw2000 is offline
Justice for all victims!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
It could also be part of her physical therapy.
It could if it were a stationary bike, IMO. She seems to have a problem with her eyes, tho, that makes me wonder if she would be able to ride that bike outside safely.

JMO
__________________
**May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:
  #155  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:44 AM
LaLaw2000's Avatar
LaLaw2000 LaLaw2000 is offline
Justice for all victims!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10,815
Okay, I went back and listened to the video again. The reporter stated that Ross said the state informed them (he and the aunt) that they would not be getting the children back even if Hasanni came home. Odd wording for the reporter, and not verbatim on my part.

JMO
__________________
**May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:
  #156  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:44 AM
YellowSubmarine's Avatar
YellowSubmarine YellowSubmarine is offline
If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Foothills of Northern Colorado
Posts: 2,363
In watching the videos from last night, this is what I noticed:

- LR was all about "me, me, me"
- He was angry that people questioned them
- He was mad at how the media is portraying them and that they
are "pestering" them, but gladly invited them into their home
- He bragged about how great he is

Who does this remind us of?

Just seems to me, when a child goes missing, the parents will be the first poi. It's just a fact. If the parents are innocent, they should gladly cooperate and do so as quickly as possible to get the focus off them and onto what really happened. They shouldn't be angry that LE is asking them questions. Instead of blasting media for "pestering" them, they should be using that time to plead for the childs return. All the talk of how great he and JC were for taking them in made me ill. And the talk about how well Hasanni was doing was merely to pat himself on the back. I also noticed more past tense words when talking about Hasanni.
__________________
100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to YellowSubmarine For This Useful Post:
  #157  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:47 AM
WhyaDuck? WhyaDuck? is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
In watching the videos from last night, this is what I noticed:

- LR was all about "me, me, me"
- He was angry that people questioned them
- He was mad at how the media is portraying them and that they
are "pestering" them, but gladly invited them into their home
- He bragged about how great he is

Who does this remind us of?

Just seems to me, when a child goes missing, the parents will be the first poi. It's just a fact. If the parents are innocent, they should gladly cooperate and do so as quickly as possible to get the focus off them and onto what really happened. They shouldn't be angry that LE is asking them questions. Instead of blasting media for "pestering" them, they should be using that time to plead for the childs return. All the talk of how great he and JC were for taking them in made me ill. And the talk about how well Hasanni was doing was merely to pat himself on the back. I also noticed more past tense words when talking about Hasanni.
BBM

Yes, this has bothered me all along. "This was my son," etc. Could be I am just being picky, or just might show a lack of optimism on his part, but it does stick out a bit.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
  #158  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:48 AM
elepher50's Avatar
elepher50 elepher50 is offline
Help find Adji
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ElePhEr
Posts: 5,910
3 Mile Map

Here is a rough depiction of a 3 mile radius from the residence where Hasanni lived:

ETA: Alameda Creek - is this a fairly large body of water - I know a creek is usally just a stream but ..........
Attached Images
File Type: png 3 mile map.png (1.05 MB, 16 views)

Last edited by elepher50; 08-18-2009 at 11:50 AM. Reason: ETA: Creek
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:
  #159  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:49 AM
sarahsgsr sarahsgsr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 31
I live in the Bay Area about 20 minutes from Rockridge and work about 5 minutes from Rockridge. When this story first came out, I thought to myself, College Avenue is such a busy street. There is NO WAY at 4pm in the afternoon that someone didn't see something! Even if he was parked on Harwood, this area is just too busy for something like that to go unnoticed.

Last night I was watching the local 10oclock news on KTVU channel 2. They were showing the vigil and the foster parents pleading for Hassani's return. I just kept looking at the foster parents and as much as their voices were cracking and they were "sounding" like they were crying, I did not see one tear fall from their eyes.

I am not saying that this implies guilt at all and some people handle things differently, but if my six year old was missing I would probably be a big ball of tears! Just an observation that I made, and my opinion of course, but I don't think we are getting the full story from the foster parents!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sarahsgsr For This Useful Post:
  #160  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:49 AM
LaLaw2000's Avatar
LaLaw2000 LaLaw2000 is offline
Justice for all victims!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
In watching the videos from last night, this is what I noticed:

- LR was all about "me, me, me"
- He was angry that people questioned them
- He was mad at how the media is portraying them and that they
are "pestering" them, but gladly invited them into their home
- He bragged about how great he is

Who does this remind us of?

Just seems to me, when a child goes missing, the parents will be the first poi. It's just a fact. If the parents are innocent, they should gladly cooperate and do so as quickly as possible to get the focus off them and onto what really happened. They shouldn't be angry that LE is asking them questions. Instead of blasting media for "pestering" them, they should be using that time to plead for the childs return. All the talk of how great he and JC were for taking them in made me ill. And the talk about how well Hasanni was doing was merely to pat himself on the back. I also noticed more past tense words when talking about Hasanni.
Great post, YellowSubmarine. I see the same thing out of Ross.

I also think that all of this is not turning out as he had hoped. He probably thought he would have a lot of support from the public and that is not happening.

That was a candlelight vigil for Hasanni and not the place or time for the comments he made.

JMO
__________________
**May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:
  #161  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:56 AM
elepher50's Avatar
elepher50 elepher50 is offline
Help find Adji
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ElePhEr
Posts: 5,910
Close Up of Almeda Creek

The Almeda Creek looks fairly wide but may not be very deep - do we know if LE searched around this area?
Attached Images
File Type: png Alameda Creek.png (774.8 KB, 7 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:
  #162  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:59 AM
LaLaw2000's Avatar
LaLaw2000 LaLaw2000 is offline
Justice for all victims!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10,815
Thank you, sarahsgsr. I agree with you. During the video, Ross turns his face to his left and you can see from the way the light was on his face that there were no tears. Not one.

No tears, but lots of anger. Why didn't he ask for help in finding Hasanni, thank people for coming, and plead for his safe return? Not your usual vigil, IMO. He demanded angrily for people to find Hasanni.

Ross seemed to change from crying to anger rather too quickly for my taste.
__________________
**May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:
  #163  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:00 PM
STEADFAST's Avatar
STEADFAST STEADFAST is offline
"From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class."*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: One word: Cheese Curds
Posts: 9,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
Great post, YellowSubmarine. I see the same thing out of Ross.

I also think that all of this is not turning out as he had hoped. He probably thought he would have a lot of support from the public and that is not happening.

That was a candlelight vigil for Hasanni and not the place or time for the comments he made.

JMO
Here's a transcript of the linked segment from the raw video from the vigil:


ROSS: That story has been corrected and sent to the news media. So they'll know that they're looking for. If you saw my son you would not necessarily know that he had cerebral palsy. He is not an invalid; he does not use braces to walk. They're basically to shape his feet. So what we're asking is that you . . . if you want to help -- keep our son in the news.

(Breaks down crying) Don't let him become a picture on a milk carton five years later that you never saw. If you want to help, that's what you do. All of you, that's what you do! (tries to compose self)

My son is just like any other boy.

I want to set the record straight for all those who say "Oh, they adopted them. They were trying to make a way for her newborn baby. We ask why did you all care so much?" He was a damn child -- that's why we cared! If we didn't, who would? He sat in foster care for two years. His sister was in foster care for two months. And they sat."
http://cbs5.com/video/?cid=129

I'll go back and transcribe the video taken in the home.
__________________

*Raymond Chandler
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:
  #164  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Columbo Columbo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
Great post, YellowSubmarine. I see the same thing out of Ross.

I also think that all of this is not turning out as he had hoped. He probably thought he would have a lot of support from the public and that is not happening.

That was a candlelight vigil for Hasanni and not the place or time for the comments he made.

JMO
I know he is under extreme scrutiny now, but does he have anger management issues?
I think I'd be sad if a vigil for my missing child had such a poor turnout.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
  #165  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Columbo Columbo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
Here's a transcript of the linked segment from the raw video from the vigil:


ROSS: That story has been corrected and sent to the news media. So they'll know that they're looking for. If you saw my son you would not necessarily know that he had cerebral palsy. He is not an invalid; he does not use braces to walk. They're basically to shape his feet. So what we're asking is that you . . . if you want to help -- keep our son in the news.

(Breaks down crying) Don't let him become a picture on a milk carton five years later that you never saw. If you want to help, that's what you do. All of you, that's what you do! (tries to compose self)

My son is just like any other boy.

I want to set the record straight for all those who say "Oh, they adopted them. They were trying to make a way for her newborn baby. We ask why did you all care so much?" He was a damn child -- that's why we cared! If we didn't, who would? He sat in foster care for two years. His sister was in foster care for two months. And they sat."
http://cbs5.com/video/?cid=129

I'll go back and transcribe the video taken in the home.
Thanks for the transcription! My brain was scrambled when I said it wasn't clear what he was demanding, and this shows it was clear he was demanding people to keep his son in the news.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
  #166  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:03 PM
LaLaw2000's Avatar
LaLaw2000 LaLaw2000 is offline
Justice for all victims!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10,815
Thank you, STEADFAST!!!!

The only thing about a transcript is that the written word does not reflect the anger and voice inflection of Ross' words.

The good thing about the transcript is that we can see what was actually stated. Thanks!
__________________
**May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:
  #167  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Columbo Columbo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by elepher50 View Post
The Almeda Creek looks fairly wide but may not be very deep - do we know if LE searched around this area?
Maybe there were no "pings" in that area?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
  #168  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Paulette Paulette is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Marc Klaas expresses concern over LR's changing story:
http://www.kron.com/
I think we can discount any family members taking Hasanni. If he sat in foster care for 2 years without his extended family taking him in, why would they want him now?

Marc picked up on the "ever changing story". If you've had kids you know that when they are fudging a story they embellish to the nth degree and add unnecessary details. We're pretty quick to pick up on it because WE did it as kids.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paulette For This Useful Post:
  #169  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Kat's Avatar
Kat Kat is offline
Kind words do not cost much
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Penn's woods
Posts: 17,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
In watching the videos from last night, this is what I noticed:

- LR was all about "me, me, me"- He was angry that people questioned them
- He was mad at how the media is portraying them and that they
are "pestering" them, but gladly invited them into their home

- He bragged about how great he is
Who does this remind us of?

Just seems to me, when a child goes missing, the parents will be the first poi. It's just a fact. If the parents are innocent, they should gladly cooperate and do so as quickly as possible to get the focus off them and onto what really happened. They shouldn't be angry that LE is asking them questions. Instead of blasting media for "pestering" them, they should be using that time to plead for the childs return. All the talk of how great he and JC were for taking them in made me ill. And the talk about how well Hasanni was doing was merely to pat himself on the back. I also noticed more past tense words when talking about Hasanni.
respectfully bolded by me.

I know you had someone specific in mind but the parts that I bolded actually remind me of the behaviors that I have seen out of a great many adults who have murdered or covered up a childs death. JMHO.

My armchair diagnosis that carries absolutely no weight? Self absorbed, self centered and excessive narcissism. Me-Me-Me is the only tune they can sing.
__________________
"Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:
  #170  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:16 PM
elepher50's Avatar
elepher50 elepher50 is offline
Help find Adji
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ElePhEr
Posts: 5,910
Picture of Alameda Creek - Fremont

This creek looks to be a fair size - here is a pix of the rail bridge across the creek in Fremont:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alameda Creek pix Fremont.jpg (52.4 KB, 6 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:
  #171  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:17 PM
elepher50's Avatar
elepher50 elepher50 is offline
Help find Adji
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ElePhEr
Posts: 5,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
respectfully bolded by me.

I know you had someone specific in mind but the parts that I bolded actually remind me of the behaviors that I have seen out of a great many adults who have murdered or covered up a childs death. JMHO.

My armchair diagnosis that carries absolutely no weight? Self absorbed, self centered and excessive narcissism. Me-Me-Me is the only tune they can sing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:
  #172  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:19 PM
LaLaw2000's Avatar
LaLaw2000 LaLaw2000 is offline
Justice for all victims!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10,815
Jennifer Campbell seemed to be the only one of the two that was working. Ross was taking classes. They had a Beemer and a nice home. I have to wonder how they could have made it financially when Jennifer had to stop working shortly before having their baby. Even if Ross were to have been finished with his courses when Jennifer had the baby, a medical assistant does not make enough to support their lifestyle.

I know Ross and Jennifer had to have been getting assistance from the state for the foster care of Hasanni and the 19 month old, but it still would not have supported that lifestyle, IMO. Something is just not adding up.

Pressers have dropped off and that is not a good sign. Hasanni has to stay in the media and not be forgotten for a 'bigger' story!
__________________
**May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:
  #173  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:21 PM
elepher50's Avatar
elepher50 elepher50 is offline
Help find Adji
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ElePhEr
Posts: 5,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
Jennifer Campbell seemed to be the only one of the two that was working. Ross was taking classes. They had a Beemer and a nice home. I have to wonder how they could have made it financially when Jennifer had to stop working shortly before having their baby. Even if Ross were to have been finished with his courses when Jennifer had the baby, a medical assistant does not make enough to support their lifestyle.

I know Ross and Jennifer had to have been getting assistance from the state for the foster care of Hasanni and the 19 month old, but it still would not have supported that lifestyle, IMO. Something is just not adding up.

Pressers have dropped off and that is not a good sign. Hasanni has to stay in the media and not be forgotten for a 'bigger' story!
I have always wondered from the beginning about the beemer and the house (pricey) and the child care arrangements - financially none of it adds up unless there is another source of income??
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:
  #174  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:24 PM
LaLaw2000's Avatar
LaLaw2000 LaLaw2000 is offline
Justice for all victims!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by elepher50 View Post
I have always wondered from the beginning about the beemer and the house (pricey) and the child care arrangements - financially none of it adds up unless there is another source of income??
Would have had to be another source of income. I am very nosey - I want to know!
__________________
**May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:
  #175  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Columbo Columbo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
Would have had to be another source of income. I am very nosey - I want to know!
Also--did I read that the house belongs to JC? Okay, this is a 3/4 million dollar plus home (or was..I'm sure the value has dropped since Nov. but it still cost $783k to buy it)--how does a clerk in a shoe store manage to qualify for a loan on this expensive house?
By Nov. of 2008, when the home was purchased (if I read the real estate ad correctly--it was posted by CHICANA in the first thread), banks were not giving out loans like they were during the crazy mortgage boom.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
california, college avenue, fremont, hassani campbell, missing child, oakland, rockridge

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA - Hassani Campbell - 5 years old - Oakland - 10 Aug 2009 Lil Miss Sleuth Hasanni Campbell 18 11-26-2012 04:53 AM
CA Hasanni Jamil Campbell (5) - Oakland CA, 2009 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Missing Children in America - A Profile 1 04-24-2010 12:48 AM
CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #4 WhyaDuck? Hasanni Campbell 495 08-30-2009 01:43 PM
CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #3 WhyaDuck? Hasanni Campbell 633 08-25-2009 11:47 AM
CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1 WillenFan21 Hasanni Campbell 1034 08-17-2009 11:41 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!