WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal04216

Smiling Again
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
continue discussion here. We will not allow copy and paste of myspace or other social networking sites here. If you are asking questions there do not bring the answers back here, that is not what WS is for. If you want to say "look at this comment on whoever's page" that is fine but provide the link only. I removed thread 11 because I am not taking the time right now to go back and delete all the posts that need to be removed.

OK, that's fine. On another note. I was intending to fly today but the weather here was low and overcast. But soon. I have a few requests for specific areas. I thought I would also shoot the Chehalis River. I also intend to attend the Search meeting at 8 in McCleary next Thursday.

And it seems like there will be a search the following weekend which I also hope to participate in.

mikeb.. Thank you!

I'm going to attempt to make it to the meeting and search also. It just depends on my work schedule.

OK, that's fine. On another note. I was intending to fly today but the weather here was low and overcast. But soon. I have a few requests for specific areas. I thought I would also shoot the Chehalis River. I also intend to attend the Search meeting at 8 in McCleary next Thursday.

And it seems like there will be a search the following weekend which I also hope to participate in.

Wonderful Mike and we all appreciate that very much.

Jennifer has this gut feeling she is off a logging road inbetween McCleary and Shelton. I can see that too knowing some of the history of the area and trying to think like the perp. I see lots of little roads off the Old Olympic Hwy which becomes #108, and even RR tracks running somewhat parallel to that road. I wonder if any photos of that area would be valuable, especially where these logging roads take off the Hwy?

reposting this since thread 11 was closed:
article 8/21/09 Sequim Gazette

Desparate search for missing girl, Lindsey Baum

McCleary, WA. Lindsey Baum was walking home from a friend's house in the small town of McCleary, Washington on June 26, 2009 when she disappeared. “It's like she literally vanished,” said Melissa Baum, Lindsey's mother.

Despite extensive, well coordinated searches by law enforcement, Lindsey is still missing. Lindsey's mother has called on two national non-profit organizations, the KlaasKIDS Foundation and Laura Recovery Center (LRC), to organize a community volunteer search.

Brad Dennis, Director of Search Operations for the KlaasKIDS Foundation said they will be holding a community meeting at 7pm Thursday, August 27, 2009 at the McCleary Community Center. Community members are encouraged to attend and learn about the two organizations and plans for the weekend search. The McCleary Community Center is located at 726 W. Simpson Ave, McCleary, Washington 98577.
-snipped-

full article
http://www.sequimgazette.com/gazettetop/articleDetail.exm/Index/article/2009-08-21_Desparate_search_for_missing_girl__Lindsey_Baum/

I find it so interesting she takes it as a compliment without realizing it could be because her views are so skewed...IMO. Maybe people reading here picked it up when we were discussing it...hmmm...possible.

Missing Child Lindsey Baum Not Found, No New Developments, Old Story Peaks
Why Sudden Interest in Lindsey Baum?
August 17, 2009
<snipped>
Lindsey Baum, now 11, disappeared from McCleary, Washington June 26. I published a story about this missing girl on July 22 titled Lindsey Baum and the Intersection of Preteens, Predators, and Secrets. Few people paid attention. On the day my article was published, it got 107 page views and within a couple of days, the page views slowed to a trickle. While daily page views on my story about the missing girl from McCleary, Washington Lindsey Baum ebbed and flowed from July 23 to August 13, the average was a scant 24. Lindsey Baum and the Intersection of Preteens, Predators, and Secrets was no internet success, but it was a public service type article, so I didn't begrudge its non-stellar performance.

~snip~

This weekend, something unusual happened with respect to my Lindsey Baum article. There is still no news out there about Lindsey Baum, still no reports of developments in the case. But suddenly my article started attracting attention. This weekend the article mysteriously accumulated 434 page views, 131 on Friday and 303 on Saturday. Saturday's total is almost three times the page views this article attracted on its day of publication, an anomaly given the lack of any public event or news update drawing renewed interest to the Lindsey Baum case.

Article:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2072949/missing_child_lindsey_baum_not_found.html?cat=47

Thanks for posting that info, Boon! I am relieved to hear Marc's group is joining the search for Lindsay!! Very good news!!

I am not familiar with the other group. Is this the same one from California that tried to set up an office?

Hmmmm. Regarding the Thursday meeting in McCleary, the newa release must have said 7pm while the lindseybaum.com site says 8pm. Also, the News Tribune says
KlaasKids spokeswoman Tricia Griffith said the search will start at 9 a.m. Friday. People who want to help should check in at the McCleary Community Center between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. that day.

I'm appreciative that Tricia along with Marc Klass have entered the "Where is Linsdey B aum" search. I was in fear no one was going to do anything or Lindsey's story would be represented by a less than stellar foundation. Knowing Tricia G may have helped to shine more light for Lindsey and her plight that late evenning tells me this is not for nothing. Thank you for peeking LB story as things in the investigation were becomming stagnant causing apathy. Thanks to all locals and "out of towners" that have made this happen. Also The Daily World responsible for contacting the Masons to hold a finger printing and DNA day at no cost for the kids participting. When I stated It takes a village (Hillary Clintons words) to help these children missing I thought Lindsey's story had become old news to some in western Wa., I had no idea such good plans were in the works. ~<3~ Boondock listed all the media no. so I guess it's time to burn up our phone lines and spread the word!

I would like to say one thing only on here...you have many facts wrong so I question your ability at being a good detective! First off I am remarried and hence why I don't go by the Baum name any longer! Yes I was married to sb before mb was. I do not appreciate anyone attempting to contact my minor children on myspace or facebook ( even though only the oldest one has any of those accounts) You have taken this whole search into nothing but a circus!! A little girl is missing...we don't know anything or we would have went to the authorities! My children are going through alot with Lindsey missing...Jb,sb,mb are going through alot as well. I would appreciate all comments on me and my children to stop!!! We have nothing to give in clues! Is that clear??? Our prayers go out to Lindsey and we pray for a good outcome and pray God helps all those close to her to keep strength and faith!!!

I would like to say one thing only on here...you have many facts wrong so I question your ability at being a good detective! First off I am remarried and hence why I don't go by the Baum name any longer! Yes I was married to sb before mb was. I do not appreciate anyone attempting to contact my minor children on myspace or facebook ( even though only the oldest one has any of those accounts) You have taken this whole search into nothing but a circus!! A little girl is missing...we don't know anything or we would have went to the authorities! My children are going through alot with Lindsey missing...Jb,sb,mb are going through alot as well. I would appreciate all comments on me and my children to stop!!! We have nothing to give in clues! Is that clear??? Our prayers go out to Lindsey and we pray for a good outcome and pray God helps all those close to her to keep strength and faith!!!

Thank you for posting, I certainly hope no one here has tried to contact your children. Everyone here has the same goal and that is to help find out what happened to Lindsey. That means we are looking at everyone who has a connection to her.

Jenny this is exactly why I moved the last thread. Please know that Websleuths staff does not condone contacting anyone even remotely involved in a case. We believe that if any information is found by one of our memebers it should be turned over to LE and that NO member should be inserting themselves in a case.

I also want you to think about the fact that many people have different opinions here and we try very hard to allow everyones opinions to be voiced as long as it is done in a respectful manner. I do not want you to read something and get upset because someone is posting their opinion.

For the record, Jenny has not been verified by Tricia, my reply is just so everyone understands exactly WHY we ask that you not contact individuals whos names may come up in your research.

I am a mom and when I hear that people are attempting to contact my minor children you can bet I am going to check out the site and see what is being said... So I wanted to make it clear where I stand! If anyone of my children or I had any thing to offer to aid in finding Lindsey, we would have went to the authorities and told. So we are a dead end! (btw Jenny is not my name!)

Thank you for posting. I'm assuming you are TA? I don't know of anyone from here attempting to contact you or your children on any social networking sites.

Ok if you are implying I or any of my children had anything to do with Lindsey missing have the FBI get contact info from SB next time they are on a conference call! We have air tight alibis...It will take very little time for them to verify where we were when Lindsey went missing! I will gladly turn over everything..my work video ( cameras at work...phone records...places I went to to shop and get gas! bank statement showing all transactions) My minor children do not drive..don't work... But maybe you should be willing to do the same?? under our noses might be here on websleuths! is that what you meant! Stay on track..your a great detective and even you should have found this much information out!

reposting this since thread 11 was closed:
article 8/21/09 Sequim Gazette

Desparate search for missing girl, Lindsey Baum

McCleary, WA. Lindsey Baum was walking home from a friend's house in the small town of McCleary, Washington on June 26, 2009 when she disappeared. &#8220;It's like she literally vanished,&#8221; said Melissa Baum, Lindsey's mother.

Despite extensive, well coordinated searches by law enforcement, Lindsey is still missing. Lindsey's mother has called on two national non-profit organizations, the KlaasKIDS Foundation and Laura Recovery Center (LRC), to organize a community volunteer search.

Brad Dennis, Director of Search Operations for the KlaasKIDS Foundation said they will be holding a community meeting at 7pm Thursday, August 27, 2009 at the McCleary Community Center. Community members are encouraged to attend and learn about the two organizations and plans for the weekend search. The McCleary Community Center is located at 726 W. Simpson Ave, McCleary, Washington 98577.
-snipped-

full article
http://www.sequimgazette.com/gazettetop/articleDetail.exm/Index/article/2009-08-21_Desparate_search_for_missing_girl__Lindsey_Baum/

Bold by me
I can't imagine how difficult it would be to try and organize searches for my missing child...matter of fact, I know I wouldn't be able to. That kind of organization takes expertise. So glad KlassKIDS will be out in McCleary - not only will their expertise in organization be welcomed but their compassion and empathy is a necessary component to a well-run search. I'm sure mom Baum will welcome all they have to offer. MHO

Ok if you are implying I or any of my children had anything to do with Lindsey missing have the FBI get contact info from SB next time they are on a conference call! We have air tight alibis...It will take very little time for them to verify where we were when Lindsey went missing! I will gladly turn over everything..my work video ( cameras at work...phone records...places I went to to shop and get gas! bank statement showing all transactions) My minor children do not drive..don't work... But maybe you should be willing to do the same?? under our noses might be here on websleuths! is that what you meant! Stay on track..your a great detective and even you should have found this much information out!

I'm a little confused. Who accused you or your minor children?

Also what do you mean by this statement "Stay on track..your a great detective and even you should have found this much information out!" ?

im so glad that there will be another search for Lindsey!

to lonleyjenny.....if there is someone from here that you have trouble with...i would suggest to contact a mod or Tricia and give them the info....websleuths is very strict about things.....the matter will be taken care of....but remember websleuths is not the only crime blog out there.....

a lot of work goes into finding a missing person....some can get over excited about things.....i have been talked to before for that reason on another case.....and i too can forget the rules now and then.....thats why Tricia makes sure that these threads have mods....and believe me they keep up on things.....

i have learned good lessons here about conduct towards people here on weblsleuths and local people in the community....some have to hold back info about cases....because they are advised by the staff here.....we want to make sure the info that we share wont hurt the case or people who are not related to the case...

the info we share is info that is public already.......that includes myspace/face book/police reports/court doc/news paper/ etc.....if there is info that someone doesnt want the world to view or share....it shouldnt be made public....as far as minors go...even if their myspace is not set to private....websleuths does not allow a link to it.....

our goal is to help find Lindsey!

so please.....contact a mod or Trica to help ....this group has been working hard and VERY repectful to each other......i hate to see a thread closed....because emotions are running high :)

Regards the upcoming search for Lindsey. Giving it a lot of thought.

While it is excellent news that a reputable organization has taken her case on, and while I'm sure Lindsey's family are most grateful, I would imagine that from LE's point of view, perhaps it's just what the case needs. To be shaken up a bit ...

The actual date is far enough off that, if indeed any locals are involved, their nervous anticipation and wanting to cover their tracks just one more time might be more revealing than what the actual on- foot search uncovers.

Heck, if I was living in that town and had any thing at all to do with Lindsey's disappearance, I'd be a whole lotta nervous right now.

God Bless the Finders of Children ~

xoxo

lonelyjenny, I think at this point we are all feeling very frustrated and this is a place where we can voice our ideas, thoughts, opinions and frustrations. Please be reassured that we all are praying and hoping for the best outcome for Lindsey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail