Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > Hasanni Campbell

Notices

Hasanni Campbell Missing from Oakland, CA since Aug 10, 2009. Hasanni was born Sep 24, 2003. He was last seen at approximately 4:15p.m. Hassani was wearing a gray sweatshirt and gray pants. He wears braces on his ankles.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #476  
Old 08-30-2009, 04:18 AM
WhyaDuck? WhyaDuck? is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16,855
OK, all, I really have to turn in before I turn into a pumpkin. Taking Sprout to see his first movie on the big screen tomorrow... errr... today. I wish Hasanni could come with us, but it's a Thomas the Train film, and he'd likely say he's too big for it.

Good night, all.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
  #477  
Old 08-30-2009, 04:33 AM
Shutterfly's Avatar
Shutterfly Shutterfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
OK, all, I really have to turn in before I turn into a pumpkin. Taking Sprout to see his first movie on the big screen tomorrow... errr... today. I wish Hasanni could come with us, but it's a Thomas the Train film, and he'd likely say he's too big for it.

Good night, all.
"Sprout."
Something about that just makes you wanna smile.
__________________


"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
  #478  
Old 08-30-2009, 04:54 AM
Shutterfly's Avatar
Shutterfly Shutterfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,098
http://www.ktvu.com/index.html

watch the video on this page. Sherri Miller, the t-shirt lady, says that they are searching Monterey BECAUSE THEY OFTEN TOOK THE CHILDREN THERE!!!!!
__________________


"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
  #479  
Old 08-30-2009, 06:03 AM
Shutterfly's Avatar
Shutterfly Shutterfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,098
They live what, less than five miles from the coastline? Yet they take these children all the way to Monterey. To go to the beach? This place must have some meaning to LR and JC if they're driving 83 miles one way to get to this place toting two children at ages where they don't usually like long car rides.
The picture of LR, Hasanni and little sis is standing atop a series of cliffs that have ROCKS at the bottom. I can't tell by looking at coastlines if it's San Fransisco or Monterey but I'm betting Monterey. Why is this important?

WHAT IF....

They go to Walmart ( I think I read that they were on video at Walmart the 6th) to gather 'junk' to drive the 1.5 hours to go to Monterey on Thursday, August 6th. The entire yard looks fenced so I think they could have left the dogs (not that LR appears too concerned about dogs, animal charges and all, just sayin). So they leave Saturday morning to go to Monterey. They hang out there. No phones are on because they're all together and they don't want to be bothered. These people would gravitate toward out of the way, isolated places with few people, we can tell that about them because they're reclusive. Maybe, just maybe, they took their eyes off him for a split second and he wound up over a cliff and/or in the water? No blood, no DNA, no decomp, no trace, no witnesses, no disposal, no worries. They could have known immediately that Hasanni was 'gone' and also that they would be held responsible. So because perhaps they couldn't reach him anyway, and because he was in an isolated area where he wouldn't likely be found, they packed up the car and came home. Period...and life went on and they came up with the 'vanishing' to explain it away. That way, they would think that maybe they covered their butts. Whoever 'abducted' him could be responsible for where he wound up.

ETA: Yeah I know, that sounds a lot like an accident....but it happens. How many stories have been reported where people have fallen off of cliffs either because someone pushed them or because they actually DID fall?!? Beaches and children can be a deadly combination.
__________________


"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

Last edited by Shutterfly; 08-30-2009 at 06:45 AM. Reason: dates/days of week bass-ackwards
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
  #480  
Old 08-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Shutterfly's Avatar
Shutterfly Shutterfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,098
Monterey Temperatures August 7th...



Monterey Temps August 8th...partial list



Wouldn't temps like THIS more than likely require a sweatshirt and pants?
__________________


"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
  #481  
Old 08-30-2009, 07:47 AM
mischiefmanager's Avatar
mischiefmanager mischiefmanager is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 94
searching Monterey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
http://www.ktvu.com/index.html

watch the video on this page. Sherri Miller, the t-shirt lady, says that they are searching Monterey BECAUSE THEY OFTEN TOOK THE CHILDREN THERE!!!!!
Yup, that's EXACTLY way they are searching there...I can't remember the link just now, but when I read one of the stories about Sherri searching they had the picture from findhasanni.com where LR is holding him near the cliff...and the baby is in that pic....JC MUST have taken that picture....OMG could THAT pic be the LAST one of LITTLE MAN?!?!?

I'm going to find it again where the pic was listed with the search info....
The Following User Says Thank You to mischiefmanager For This Useful Post:
  #482  
Old 08-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Shutterfly's Avatar
Shutterfly Shutterfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischiefmanager View Post
Yup, that's EXACTLY way they are searching there...I can't remember the link just now, but when I read one of the stories about Sherri searching they had the picture from findhasanni.com where LR is holding him near the cliff...and the baby is in that pic....JC MUST have taken that picture....OMG could THAT pic be the LAST one of LITTLE MAN?!?!?

I'm going to find it again where the pic was listed with the search info....
Well, here's the picture ....
__________________


"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

Last edited by Shutterfly; 08-30-2009 at 08:15 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
  #483  
Old 08-30-2009, 08:13 AM
Shutterfly's Avatar
Shutterfly Shutterfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForensicsFan View Post
Viewing these photos is just gut-wrenching. This little boy had a personality and spark. That said, LR and JC do look genuinely happy in these photos (especially when you view the larger version of the one at the beach).

Just a note -- the pictures of Hasanni on the website http://findhasanni.com/pictures.html are compressed.

Here are direct links to the larger versions where you can see a little more detail:

"Lights, Camera, It's ME":
-- Collared Shirt (Hasanni): http://www.findhasanni.com/images/Hasanni.jpg
-- PJs (Hasanni) (this one is small): http://findhasanni.com/images/tn.jpg
-- Sweater (Hasanni): http://findhasanni.com/images/Picture%20068.jpg
-- Christmas PJs: http://www.findhasanni.com/images/the%20good%20life.jpg

"My Sister":
-- Aaliyah sweater: http://findhasanni.com/images/can%20we%20go.jpg
-- Aaliyah Christmas http://findhasanni.com/images/papparazi.jpg

"The Family":
-- LR, Aaliyah, and Hasanni: http://findhasanni.com/images/P2090702.jpg
-- JC and kids: http://findhasanni.com/images/177.JPG
Here's FF's link to the larger pictures
__________________


"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
  #484  
Old 08-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Shutterfly's Avatar
Shutterfly Shutterfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForensicsFan View Post
Not to become a complete cynic, but I also found it interesting that they chose a beach theme (obviously from a pre-made template) for the site (with the current title "Beachy Moments," which I assume they'll change -- at least I hope, since a missing child is hardly a beachy moment).

The theme's only connection to Hasanni, as far as I can tell, is that one beach photo features LR looking very fatherly and happy. I wonder if this was intentional?

Not that it matters, but the beach picture is from Feb 9, 2009 according to the graphics file data. Also, at least one photo is from 2007, which would precede the kids moving in with LR and JC.
BBM...here's the post containing the info on that beach pic
__________________


"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
  #485  
Old 08-30-2009, 08:31 AM
mischiefmanager's Avatar
mischiefmanager mischiefmanager is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 94
Beach Photo

Well, I looked for the 'print' story using the beach picture, but so far can't find the link...maybe coulda been a video...I WILL keep looking, however.
  #486  
Old 08-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Columbo Columbo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
They live what, less than five miles from the coastline? Yet they take these children all the way to Monterey. To go to the beach? This place must have some meaning to LR and JC if they're driving 83 miles one way to get to this place toting two children at ages where they don't usually like long car rides.
The picture of LR, Hasanni and little sis is standing atop a series of cliffs that have ROCKS at the bottom. I can't tell by looking at coastlines if it's San Fransisco or Monterey but I'm betting Monterey. Why is this important?

WHAT IF....

They go to Walmart ( I think I read that they were on video at Walmart the 6th) to gather 'junk' to drive the 1.5 hours to go to Monterey on Thursday, August 6th. The entire yard looks fenced so I think they could have left the dogs (not that LR appears too concerned about dogs, animal charges and all, just sayin). So they leave Saturday morning to go to Monterey. They hang out there. No phones are on because they're all together and they don't want to be bothered. These people would gravitate toward out of the way, isolated places with few people, we can tell that about them because they're reclusive. Maybe, just maybe, they took their eyes off him for a split second and he wound up over a cliff and/or in the water? No blood, no DNA, no decomp, no trace, no witnesses, no disposal, no worries. They could have known immediately that Hasanni was 'gone' and also that they would be held responsible. So because perhaps they couldn't reach him anyway, and because he was in an isolated area where he wouldn't likely be found, they packed up the car and came home. Period...and life went on and they came up with the 'vanishing' to explain it away. That way, they would think that maybe they covered their butts. Whoever 'abducted' him could be responsible for where he wound up.

ETA: Yeah I know, that sounds a lot like an accident....but it happens. How many stories have been reported where people have fallen off of cliffs either because someone pushed them or because they actually DID fall?!? Beaches and children can be a deadly combination.
The beaches that are 5 miles from their home are not as pretty or special as Monterey is, but that said, there are nice beaches much closer than Monterey and they wouldn't have to subject the kids to that long car ride.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
  #487  
Old 08-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Columbo Columbo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
Monterey Temperatures August 7th...



Monterey Temps August 8th...partial list



Wouldn't temps like THIS more than likely require a sweatshirt and pants?
They sure would.
The Following User Says Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
  #488  
Old 08-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Shutterfly's Avatar
Shutterfly Shutterfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,098
Live police scanner feed anyone?

I'M TIRED OF WAITING FOR NEWS!!!!

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?stid=6
__________________


"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
  #489  
Old 08-30-2009, 12:25 PM
doobiedoo52 doobiedoo52 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,662
OK catching up from last night and seeing the Monterey info. I know I think too hard sometimes, but just what if........we know LR used to live in Monterey, right? That's maybe where he met JC--no one knows for sure. Say they have friends there. They hatch a scheme together as they discuss the recent racial tension in Fremont. Hasanni is suppose to go missing in the Rockridge area where its been a big problem. (the friends in Monterey will hide him somewhere there-why would LE look there?) LR seems just the type that would enjoy starting a racial uproar by bringing attention to a little missing black boy and watching for the reaction from LE and the public. Notice how he immediately consulted with a lawyer specializing in racial civil rights. That's why he couldn't take the "ME" out of anything in his interviews--it was never about Hasanni, it was about him and his friends getting racial justice in his eyes. He WANTS to be arrested for murder. Then, low and behold, Hasanni turns up in some public place--a park, a zoo, whatever--somewhere they know he will be ok and found. LR (and maybe he never planned on JC getting arrested) can then sue the city for false arrest--hence the hiring of said lawyer early on. I know its out there a bit, but if they have no forensic evidence, etc, it's still a slim possibility. Time will tell if Hasanni shows up somewhere soon or not.

LIKE I SAID, THIS IS ALL JUST A WILD THEORY, BUT UNTIL WE KNOW MORE, MY BRAIN CAN STILL ENTERTAIN IT. PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME---I'M JUST IN THE THINKING MODE TODAY LOL.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to doobiedoo52 For This Useful Post:
  #490  
Old 08-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Columbo Columbo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by doobiedoo52 View Post
OK catching up from last night and seeing the Monterey info. I know I think too hard sometimes, but just what if........we know LR used to live in Monterey, right? That's maybe where he met JC--no one knows for sure. Say they have friends there. They hatch a scheme together as they discuss the recent racial tension in Fremont. Hasanni is suppose to go missing in the Rockridge area where its been a big problem. (the friends in Monterey will hide him somewhere there-why would LE look there?) LR seems just the type that would enjoy starting a racial uproar by bringing attention to a little missing black boy and watching for the reaction from LE and the public. Notice how he immediately consulted with a lawyer specializing in racial civil rights. That's why he couldn't take the "ME" out of anything in his interviews--it was never about Hasanni, it was about him and his friends getting racial justice in his eyes. He WANTS to be arrested for murder. Then, low and behold, Hasanni turns up in some public place--a park, a zoo, whatever--somewhere they know he will be ok and found. LR (and maybe he never planned on JC getting arrested) can then sue the city for false arrest--hence the hiring of said lawyer early on. I know its out there a bit, but if they have no forensic evidence, etc, it's still a slim possibility. Time will tell if Hasanni shows up somewhere soon or not.

LIKE I SAID, THIS IS ALL JUST A WILD THEORY, BUT UNTIL WE KNOW MORE, MY BRAIN CAN STILL ENTERTAIN IT. PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME---I'M JUST IN THE THINKING MODE TODAY LOL.
That's an interesting theory! I don't want to shoot it down, since it would mean Hasanni is still alive.

However...JC has seemed upset to the core--worried, haunted, guilty, and I don't think that a plot like the above would have made her get so emotionally upset. I think she would have seemed more fake if that were the case. As far as LR, I think his stories would have been more consistent--even too consistent-- if he didn't have this horrifying murder of a little child on his mind. I could be wrong.

I also have always wondered if LR found Burris on his own, or if Burris contacted him and JC first.
The Following User Says Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
  #491  
Old 08-30-2009, 12:53 PM
doobiedoo52 doobiedoo52 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
That's an interesting theory! I don't want to shoot it down, since it would mean Hasanni is still alive.

However...JC has seemed upset to the core--worried, haunted, guilty, and I don't think that a plot like the above would have made her get so emotionally upset. I think she would have seemed more fake if that were the case. As far as LR, I think his stories would have been more consistent--even too consistent-- if he didn't have this horrifying murder of a little child on his mind. I could be wrong.

I also have always wondered if LR found Burris on his own, or if Burris contacted him and JC first.
Thanks for not shooting, Columbo, LOL! Yeah, I know there are some flaws to it. Maybe she felt guilty about going through with it, and obviously didn't expect the baby to be removed immediately, either. I could see her emotions flaring after the baby was taken and being mistaken for grief about Hasanni, too. I just don't know. It seemed to me that she got more defensive a few days after that happened and started supporting LR more. Am anxious to hear more from LE.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doobiedoo52 For This Useful Post:
  #492  
Old 08-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Shutterfly's Avatar
Shutterfly Shutterfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
That's an interesting theory! I don't want to shoot it down, since it would mean Hasanni is still alive.

However...JC has seemed upset to the core--worried, haunted, guilty, and I don't think that a plot like the above would have made her get so emotionally upset. I think she would have seemed more fake if that were the case. As far as LR, I think his stories would have been more consistent--even too consistent-- if he didn't have this horrifying murder of a little child on his mind. I could be wrong.

I also have always wondered if LR found Burris on his own, or if Burris contacted him and JC first.
Can't possibly be any worse than some of the ones I've come up with out of frustration at not having this child back yet. I've thrown around alien abduction, that they sold him..traded him for the BMW...gave him to friends. Gave him back to Shemika. The bad part about it is that if LR claimed ANY of these I wouldn't be the least bit shocked. Nothing he says would surprize me anymore.
__________________


"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
  #493  
Old 08-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Shutterfly's Avatar
Shutterfly Shutterfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,098
Boy, the entire tone of the thread is different today. People come, and look. No one says anything. You can almost cut the tension with a knife. It's like everyone is holding their breath. It hasn't been this way in twenty days. This must be the calm before the storm. I guess that must mean that today is the day. Come on Little Man, we're waiting for you!!
__________________


"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:
  #494  
Old 08-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Columbo Columbo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by doobiedoo52 View Post
Thanks for not shooting, Columbo, LOL! Yeah, I know there are some flaws to it. Maybe she felt guilty about going through with it, and obviously didn't expect the baby to be removed immediately, either. I could see her emotions flaring after the baby was taken and being mistaken for grief about Hasanni, too. I just don't know. It seemed to me that she got more defensive a few days after that happened and started supporting LR more. Am anxious to hear more from LE.
bolded by me.

You're welcome, LOL! She did get more defensive for awhile, who knows--maybe LR scared her about what would happen if she caved.

I am anxious to hear more from LE, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
  #495  
Old 08-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Columbo Columbo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
Can't possibly be any worse than some of the ones I've come up with out of frustration at not having this child back yet. I've thrown around alien abduction, that they sold him..traded him for the BMW...gave him to friends. Gave him back to Shemika. The bad part about it is that if LR claimed ANY of these I wouldn't be the least bit shocked. Nothing he says would surprize me anymore.
I bet that each theory of yours has gone through my mind too! Even alien abduction.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
  #496  
Old 08-30-2009, 01:43 PM
lonetraveler's Avatar
lonetraveler lonetraveler is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carolina Coast
Posts: 9,977
I have been reading and checking on this case at least once a day for any news. As soon as I took a little break from it, the foster parents were arrested. I'm going to stop and clean house for a little while, maybe news will break. See y'all later.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
california, college ave, college avenue, fremont, hasanni campbell, hassani campbell, missing child, oakland, rockridge, shuz

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA - Hassani Campbell - 5 years old - Oakland - 10 Aug 2009 Lil Miss Sleuth Hasanni Campbell 18 11-26-2012 04:53 AM
CA Hasanni Jamil Campbell (5) - Oakland CA, 2009 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Missing Children in America - A Profile 1 04-24-2010 12:48 AM
CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #3 WhyaDuck? Hasanni Campbell 633 08-25-2009 11:47 AM
CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #2 WhyaDuck? Hasanni Campbell 733 08-21-2009 08:52 AM
CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1 WillenFan21 Hasanni Campbell 1034 08-17-2009 11:41 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!