Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Recently Sentenced and Beyond > Somer Renee Thompson

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 02:39 AM
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/10/cl...arch.html#more

This link gives a different report of what she was wearing.

You know, this happens SO OFTEN! Conflicting reports sent out in the beginning when this is the most CRUCIAL time to find these kids! Why do they have all these conflicting reports??????? ARgH!!!!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 02:40 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
I heard one report that she is ten years old, but I do not know if that was verified, Suzi.
Thanks. I wonder if the different stories are coming from her or if it's bad media reporting? The different stories are bothering me. Even 10 year olds are capable of doing bad things.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 02:46 AM

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/n...storyid=146917

A blogger at this site claims she and her "brothers" play in her back yard. It sounds like Somer has a few siblings?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 02:47 AM

Quote:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/21342995/detail.html

Someone has posted claiming to be neighbors with the kids that were walking with Somer. She said they split up at Gano/Debarry. The kids they know who were with her say they don't remember a fight. This person thinks that Somer's sister might not be telling the truth because she is afraid she will get in trouble.

Keep praying!!!
Kimster this is one of those many times when I wish you could summon your Intergalactic Friends and they could use their powers to find our missing little ones.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 02:49 AM

also, kimster, a comment from there trully touched me, so i wanted to send my condolences(sp)
so i clicked on her nic, and it took me to a 'pay to post/blog' site,,hhmm,,,guess i am so jaded from the anthony/cummings situations

i just think it is not looking good for this little girl, sigh
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to orbison11 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 03:03 AM
WS Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbison11 View Post
also, kimster, a comment from there trully touched me, so i wanted to send my condolences(sp)
so i clicked on her nic, and it took me to a 'pay to post/blog' site,,hhmm,,,guess i am so jaded from the anthony/cummings situations

i just think it is not looking good for this little girl, sigh
I think I know which poster you're talking about. I didn't click on her name, but her comment, if true, is beyond tragic. After reading further, however, I began to question her credibility. I only mention this because she is posting a lot and claims to have firsthand knowledge of certain facts. Guess I'm jaded, too.

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014

Last edited by bessie; 10-20-2009 at 03:17 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredblondy View Post
Kimster this is one of those many times when I wish you could summon your Intergalactic Friends and they could use their powers to find our missing little ones.
Oh man, I've actually thought that before myself! There are some evils in this world that can only be overcome by GOD! So I'm
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessie View Post
I think I know which poster you're talking about. I didn't click on her name, but her comment, if true, is beyond tragic. After reading more of her further, however, I began to question her credibility. I only mention this because she is posting a lot and claims to have firsthand knowledge of certain facts. Guess I'm jaded, too.
That is why we need to make sure we just take random blogger comments as hearsay and not facts. Sometimes these early comments are spot on, however. I read an early blog comment when Caylee's remains were found and the guy said his friend Roy Kronk found her. I mentioned this one time on an old Caylee rumor thread and everyone ignored me. LOL It was funny when weeks later his name came out and the blogger was right!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Oh man, I've actually thought that before myself! There are some evils in this world that can only be overcome by GOD! So I'm
That's like the" not wanting to know" about the child trafficking. It is so far out of our realm of thinking and being to even imagine the pure evil of such a thing our minds do not want to comprehend or believe it. It is real and I just wonder when I look at the missing children reports how many angels are in Heaven because of it! I could never do what our FBI and others do to break these rings so I'll say a prayer for them too!

Last edited by tiredblondy; 10-20-2009 at 03:23 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 03:18 AM

"She was last seen at 2:45 p.m. walking home from school near West Gano Avenue and Debarry Avenue. She was with her brother and friends, but separated from them, running ahead towards her home."
Now the sister is a brother! That has to be the quickest "operation" ever. The pink skull backpack morphed into a Hanna Montana one. That is some horrible reporting. I hope that tomorrow, if they haven't found her, they at least get the facts straight. Good night, all, and hopefully, tomorrow Somer and Haleigh will be found.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to spamelope For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
"She was last seen at 2:45 p.m. walking home from school near West Gano Avenue and Debarry Avenue. She was with her brother and friends, but separated from them, running ahead towards her home."
Now the sister is a brother! That has to be the quickest "operation" ever. The pink skull backpack morphed into a Hanna Montana one. That is some horrible reporting. I hope that tomorrow, if they haven't found her, they at least get the facts straight. Good night, all, and hopefully, tomorrow Somer and Haleigh will be found.
I am also out of here for the night. If there are searchers looking all night long, I pray they get an extra dose of grace to continue on!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 03:50 AM

Something seems "off" about this story.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LoveMyDogs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 04:12 AM

Just logged on and saw this case and thought "Please God, not again".

I read through all 11 pages of this thread, and, like always it seems, keep hearing conflicting reports about the kind of backpack she had (pink with skulls and hearts, or Hannah Montana) to what time this was reported into authorities (5, 5:30, 6:30, etc). I REALLY wish the media would just get the story verified and straight before reporting it.

Something seems off about this case, I agree with LoveMyDogs.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
From what I understood she was with her brother AND her sister, and then some friends. I could be wrong though. All this media mis-reporting is driving me crazy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 04:16 AM

Updated and snipped:

CLAY COUNTY, FL -- The search for seven-year-old Somer Renee Thompson of Orange Park continues into a cold Tuesday morning.

Deputies with the Clay County Sheriff's Office want people to search everywhere around their homes for the missing girl.

The little girl hasn't been seen since Monday afternoon. The girl's mother notified the sheriff's office around 5 p.m. that her daughter had not returned home from school.

"Her mother began looking for her, and after about two hours, [she] flagged down a patrol car and reported that Somer did not come home this afternoon," said Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler.

Thompson is a second-grader at Grove Park Elementary. Police say she is a white female, 3 feet 5 inches tall and about 65 pounds. She has brown hair and was last seen wearing a cranberry colored jumpsuit with pink striped sleeves.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/n...storyid=146917
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 06:13 AM

link to Somer's endangered missing poster-states that her backpack and lunchbox is purple Hannah Montana.

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/ser...archLang=en_US

She is not listed under an Amber Alert-probably didn't meet the "criteria"-grrrrrr.

If the comment posted on the Jax news site is true (recent attempted abduction-license plate number reported)-I sure hope the vehicle and its owner has been tracked down.

Why does this stuff happen in FL so often? No offense to any Floridians intended.

Last edited by twall; 10-20-2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: add info.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Slap Mah Fro!

praying for you Somer!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CajunGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 06:33 AM
Slap Mah Fro!

ok, so Somer was with friends and a twin brother. Father is in North Carolina...he has been accounted for... I'm hearing it on First coast news right now...
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CajunGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Slap Mah Fro!

10 days ago... blue Nissan Sentra .... people in this car tried to lure a child into that car... they are not sure if this is connected or not...
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CajunGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Slap Mah Fro!

sorry for the multiple posts but wanted to relay the info as I hear it.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CajunGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl View Post
10 days ago... blue Nissan Sentra .... people in this car tried to lure a child into that car... they are not sure if this is connected or not...
Did it say how close the location of where the blue car was seen 10 days ago to the last known location of Somer?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indianagirl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianagirl View Post
Did it say how close the location of where the blue car was seen 10 days ago to the last known location of Somer?
except the incident happened within a block of where Somer was last seen Monday afternoon
Old 10-20-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrohning View Post
except the incident happened within a block of where Somer was last seen Monday afternoon
Oh wow! I sure hope LE is following up on this...
Old 10-20-2009, 07:05 AM

i hope they find her this morning.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 07:33 AM

Good Morning,

I work close by to were this little girl went missing. The search was huge last night and the community is really coming together. I just hope they find her. It was really cold last night for her to be out somewhere. I also work at an elementary school and it will be interesting to see if parents care enough to pick their children up today. I hope they will find her.
Closed Thread