Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Recently Sentenced and Beyond > Somer Renee Thompson

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Happy 2011!

FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #5

Continue here, and remember....

Do NOT post names, addresses, phone numbers, photos, etc--any personal information--about people who are "innocent parties" in this or any case here at WS. Such posts will be deleted.

If you see a post that contains such information, please hit the alert button to notify a mod. The alert button is in the upper right corner of every post. It's a red triangle.

Thank you,

Hoppy
Old 10-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Banned

I am so lost in this case now. I have been reading but obviously not absorbing.

Can someone please tell me what/who we are looking at and why?

I know LE was collecting evidence at that abandoned house that had the fire a few months back. (I think)

Why are all those names showing up at the same address as Somer?
Who is this handyman RSO we are talking about?

Please help!

Last edited by badme102; 10-23-2009 at 11:42 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to badme102 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2009, 11:42 AM
FBI Agent in the next life

Has there been confirmation that there were workers at that house at all on Monday?

If not, have there been workers there regularly? Where they there that day and packed up and left by school dismissal?

I ask because I'm thinking that whoever did this, if it occurred in the house, the animal had to believe no one would disturb him.

And I also can't imagine LE taking all this time to scour that property unless there has been some real evidence found by now. So I think it probably did happen there.

Poor Somer.
The Following User Says Thank You to ElizaAvalon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2009, 11:43 AM
A little bit dangerous

[

Please help! [/quote]

My questions, exactly. Something is very strange here with with all these random people listing that house as their address.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light

Good morning, everyone. I've been down with the flu so I'm just getting caught up. I read something about a presser this morning on the previous thread. Doesn't anyone happen to have a link? TIA

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Montana

Quote:
AR 2009036260
Robbery-armed Firearm/o... Bruner, Christopher M (B M, 19) Arrest on chrg of Robbery-armed Firearm/other Deadly Weapon (F), at ADDRESS NOW KNOWN TO BE THOMPSON FAMILY'S, Orange Park, FL, on 10/21/2009. Edmonson, M W
AR 2009036260
Robbery-armed Firearm/o... Patterson, Deanglo Monreece (B M, 19) Arrest on chrg of Robbery-armed Firearm/other Deadly Weapon (F), at ADDRESS NOW KNOWN TO BE THOMPSON FAMILY'S Orange Park, FL, on 10/21/2009. Edmonson, M W
AR 2009036260
Robbery-armed Firearm/o... Sarver, Bryan Gregory (B M, 21) Arrest on chrg of Robbery-armed Firearm/other Deadly Weapon (F), at ADDRESS NOW KNOWN TO BE THOMPSON FAMILY'S, Orange Park, FL, on 10/21/2009. Edmonson, M W
AR 2009036260
Robbery-armed Firearm/o... Howard, Montrail Isiah (B M, 18) Arrest on chrg of Robbery-armed Firearm/other Deadly Weapon (F), at ADDRESS NOW KNOWN TO BE THOMPSON FAMILY'S, Orange Park, FL, on 10/21/2009. Edmonson
I believe this is where they were arrested, not the address they gave as their own.

(Would have quoted post but wasn't an option. Originally posted by Michellew/2Ls (#673) http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...=90598&page=27 on second-to-last page of previous thread.)

Last edited by Noway; 10-23-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: REMOVED ACTUAL ADDRESS
Old 10-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Registered Changiholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaAvalon View Post
Has there been confirmation that there were workers at that house at all on Monday?

If not, have there been workers there regularly? Where they there that day and packed up and left by school dismissal?

I ask because I'm thinking that whoever did this, if it occurred in the house, the animal had to believe no one would disturb him.

And I also can't imagine LE taking all this time to scour that property unless there has been some real evidence found by now. So I think it probably did happen there.

Poor Somer.
That is what I would like to investigate further - was there work being done at the vacant house on Monday... I have heard reported that the house is being rennovated...even though the fire happened three months ago, it is not being lived in at this time because of the repairs needed to the inside of the home. The fire gutted the entire inside of the house. So I feel the suspect is a laborer of some type. No record of being a SO because he hasn't been caught (YET).
Old 10-23-2009, 11:47 AM

Food for thought >>>>>I haven't posted on WS for months but after watching NG last night covering the Somer Thompson case I had an odd feeling . I map quested the locations from Haleigh's home to Somer's home in Orange Park , it's 50.5 miles . Up until now I believed Misty was most likely involved in some way . I just can't help but think it's strange that 2 little girls about the same age go missing from the same area in so little time . The other thing that's drawing me in that direction is the dumpster hits in the Haleigh case and little Somer's body being found in a landfill .

Thoughts ?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsey View Post
[

Please help!
My questions, exactly. Something is very strange here with with all these random people listing that house as their address.[/quote]

This is why I posted that. Why at the same address?
The Following User Says Thank You to Michellew/2Ls For This Useful Post:
FBI Agent in the next life

bad - I don't know about a specific RSO handyman. I think that may be speculation.

On 10/21/2009 (I think), according to the Clay County arrest records, 4 men were arrested at 1706 Horton for some sort of burglary attempt with weapons. Could be a mistake in the recording, but we haven't heard anything about this particular event in the media.

We are looking at an SRO who is on the Police Report who was listed as Absconded until this morning http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/off...personId=16656. There are now conflicting addresses listed for him on 2 different sex offender registries. One is in Bandera, TX (where his father lives) and the other is an address in Jacksonville, FL. It should be pointed out that his victim was a minor and she was female.

Question is: why is his name on the police report and why couldn't LE locate him at the address or business or phone numbers he gave on the report? And why hasn't the media picked up on this???

Last edited by ElizaAvalon; 10-23-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: spelling... grr...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ElizaAvalon For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noway View Post
I believe this is where they were arrested, not the address they gave as their own.

(Would have quoted post but wasn't an option. Originally posted by Michellew/2Ls (#673) http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...=90598&page=27 on second-to-last page of previous thread.)

I wonder what time these arrests took place. Very strange that the address of the arrest is the same as Somer's. moo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mck16 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Montana

AFAIK, the media has not reported anything about these arrests.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:

Yes I think this where they were arrested.
The Following User Says Thank You to Michellew/2Ls For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaAvalon View Post
bad - I don't know about a specific RSO handyman. I think that may be speculation.

On 10/21/2009 (I think), according to the Clay County arrest records, 4 men were arrested at 1706 Horton for some sort of burglary attempt with weapons. Could be a mistake in the recording, but we haven't heard anything about this particular event in the media.

We are looking at an SRO who is on the Police Report who was listed as Asbconded until this morning http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/off...personId=16656. There are now conflicting addresses listed for him on 2 different sex offender registries. One is in Bandera, TX (where his father lives) and the other is an address in Jacksonville, FL. It should be pointed out that his victim was a minor and she was female.

Question is: why is his name on the police report and why couldn't LE locate him at the address or business or phone numbers he gave on the report? And why hasn't the media picked up on this???
Holy Carpppppppppppppp!! I got it now! Thanks Eliza.

Wow....Just Wow..........

Now, if we could only figure out why those other people's address is listed as 1706....
Old 10-23-2009, 11:56 AM

These guys have no bond
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michellew/2Ls For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Montana

snipped

Now, if we could only figure out why those other people's address is listed as 1706....

I think some of us have.

It is commonly believed that is where they were arrested.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2009, 12:03 PM

[quote=Noway;4330658]snipped

I think some of us have.

[It is commonly believed that is where they were arrested quote]

What does that mean. Can you please share? tia
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mck16 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Family Historian - Amateur Skeleton Hunter

Please stop posting the address and the police report. These contain private information on INNOCENT people.

Please go back and edit your posts otherwise this thread will be closed indefinitely.

Maz
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 PM
A little bit dangerous

Quote:
snipped

I think some of us have.

It is commonly believed that is where they were arrested.
I work 12 hour shifts and don't always have the time off to read every post and miss a lot. Coyness aside, what do you mean some of you have figured it out?
Tia.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:07 PM

Can you believe this???? I just received an email back from the news reporter who I ask the question we have all wonder and can you believe they just ask me who is the RSO?

I emailed back lets see what happenes on news 4 jax this afternoon.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to QueenD For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Registered Changiholic

Firstcoast 12:00 news now reporting the following:

Today investigators continue to search the vacant home in Orange Park, Florida at the location of Gano Avenue. Investigators have been searching the vacant house and property continuously for evidence. The Clay County Sheriff Office has spoken with all 90 registered sex offenders in the Gano Avenue area of Orange Park, Florida. Agents from FBI and FDLE have been called in to collect evidence from this vacant home. Again, a number of witnesses have said they have seen Somer Thompson in this area on the day of her disappearance. Police are yet not reporting what evidence they have collected at this time. Additionally, the Clay County Sheriff Office is pulling people over at random to ask questions, especially those who were seen in the traffic light cams that are in the area of Gano Avenue. No suspects have been named at this time.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Banned

Are you trying to tell me that these 4 people tried to ROB the same house that Somer went missing from, just days after this happened?

It doesn't make sense! That's why I'm thinking it has not been "figured out"...

Last edited by badme102; 10-23-2009 at 12:15 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to badme102 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Retired WS Staff

No local sex offenders eyed in Fla. girl’s death
Authorities interview all registered sex offenders in 5-mile radius

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33446894...me_and_courts/
~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
Rachel's thread - WS
RachelCookeSearch.org
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazama View Post
Please stop posting the address and the police report. These contain private information on INNOCENT people.

Please go back and edit your posts otherwise this thread will be closed indefinitely.

Maz
Maz, aren't we allowed to post the address as long as it's been in the media or available "out there" already?

Today must be badme confusion day because I'm totally .....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to badme102 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread