Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 2000's Missing

Notices

2000's Missing Persons missing between 2000-2009


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old 12-12-2009, 08:09 PM
dearmont's Avatar
dearmont dearmont is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 328
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/S...r-missing-teen

Report says "Searchers say that a pair of sunglasses they found earlier this week belong to Drexel."

Is this a confirmation or wishful thinking?
__________________
I choose to walk to path less travelled, and that has made all the difference
The Following User Says Thank You to dearmont For This Useful Post:
  #127  
Old 12-12-2009, 09:36 PM
RoseC's Avatar
RoseC RoseC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Andrews/Georgetown SC
Posts: 544
no confirm yet on sunglasses,,,from what i heard they been sent to a lab be tested,,but CUE and Law will search again Jan 9th 2012,,seems to me they keep searching,most likey will if sunglasses turn up to be Britts,,but odd sunglasses would of been in her pocketbook? as late as it was getting 9oclock ish time frame of her disappearing she wouldnt needed sunglasses at that hour? all this very odd!!
The Following User Says Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:
  #128  
Old 12-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Rochestergirl's Avatar
Rochestergirl Rochestergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmont View Post
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/S...r-missing-teen

Report says "Searchers say that a pair of sunglasses they found earlier this week belong to Drexel."

Is this a confirmation or wishful thinking?

I think it might be wishful thinking. Because they were sending for DNA to see if they could match it unless they found her name on them or something.
  #129  
Old 12-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Rochestergirl's Avatar
Rochestergirl Rochestergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseC View Post
no confirm yet on sunglasses,,,from what i heard they been sent to a lab be tested,,but CUE and Law will search again Jan 9th 2012,,seems to me they keep searching,most likey will if sunglasses turn up to be Britts,,but odd sunglasses would of been in her pocketbook? as late as it was getting 9oclock ish time frame of her disappearing she wouldnt needed sunglasses at that hour? all this very odd!!
Unless she wore them up in her hair (I couldn't tell by the hotel pics.

Oh that link to the boat launch you posted said accessed by Hwy 17. Isn't that also the way her phone pinged.
  #130  
Old 12-12-2009, 09:51 PM
MBLover's Avatar
MBLover MBLover is offline
Wherever I go...there I am
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gilligan's Island
Posts: 1,822
Maybe sunglasses were in the pocketbook she was carrying and if they were I would guess it's possible they could have fallen out of the pocketbook as she was being taken into the area. Or maybe the contents of her pocketbook were dumped/strewn? Or maybe she did have the sunglasses actually on her somewhere - maybe 'hooked' to the pocket or waist of her shorts...glasses possibly became dislodged and no one noticed...wouldn't have made any noise as they hit the ground and were dark in color and with it being night, they wouldn't have been seen.
__________________
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
The Following User Says Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:
  #131  
Old 12-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Rochestergirl's Avatar
Rochestergirl Rochestergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
Maybe sunglasses were in the pocketbook she was carrying and if they were I would guess it's possible they could have fallen out of the pocketbook as she was being taken into the area. Or maybe the contents of her pocketbook were dumped/strewn? Or maybe she did have the sunglasses actually on her somewhere - maybe 'hooked' to the pocket or waist of her shorts...glasses possibly became dislodged and no one noticed...wouldn't have made any noise as they hit the ground and were dark in color and with it being night, they wouldn't have been seen.
Good point MBLover wonder if they will find the phone or that could be with BD whereever she is.
  #132  
Old 12-12-2009, 10:09 PM
trigger's Avatar
trigger trigger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: L.I., NY
Posts: 3,769
Lets hope the sunglasses are hers. There was heavy rain storms after she went missing from what I remember and her pocketbook contents could have spilled out. Lets hope there is still DNA on them.
__________________
God does not like ugly

The Following User Says Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:
  #133  
Old 12-12-2009, 10:14 PM
MBLover's Avatar
MBLover MBLover is offline
Wherever I go...there I am
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gilligan's Island
Posts: 1,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochestergirl View Post
Good point MBLover wonder if they will find the phone or that could be with BD whereever she is.
Would hope that they do.

Although I flashback to what Monica Caison said a few months ago about that phone... She said if someone picked it up/found it to please come forward with it (words to that effect).

Which kind of makes me wonder if the person who did whatever to BD went back in and found that phone, removed it and/or completely destroyed it.

I just wish the next scheduled search was sooner than Jan. But I know with the Holidays that a search now involving lots of people would be somewhat tough to pull together, IMO.

Hopefully something else will turn up soon.
__________________
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
The Following User Says Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:
  #134  
Old 12-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Rochestergirl's Avatar
Rochestergirl Rochestergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
Would hope that they do.

Although I flashback to what Monica Caison said a few months ago about that phone... She said if someone picked it up/found it to please come forward with it (words to that effect).

Which kind of makes me wonder if the person who did whatever to BD went back in and found that phone, removed it and/or completely destroyed it.

I just wish the next scheduled search was sooner than Jan. But I know with the Holidays that a search now involving lots of people would be somewhat tough to pull together, IMO.

Hopefully something else will turn up soon.


I know hopefully something will fall into place. Maybe the phone was thrown into the river. IMO it would be risky whoever did it to go back to the scene because of all the media I would think they would stay away
The Following User Says Thank You to Rochestergirl For This Useful Post:
  #135  
Old 12-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Rochestergirl's Avatar
Rochestergirl Rochestergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 888
new story in Rochester

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1307559.shtml?cat=566
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rochestergirl For This Useful Post:
  #136  
Old 12-13-2009, 12:06 AM
LogicalMinds LogicalMinds is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,535
I hope that they get some answers and closure here

it just struck me how heartbreaking it is....a pair of "knockoff" sunglasses..
that have been out there for all these months, thru all sorts of weather, rain...
yet they MAY the only link , the only hope of finding this poor girl...

so very sad....it is just frightning to see the many missing people...and the families who wait for them....my thoughts and prayers are with them tonight
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LogicalMinds For This Useful Post:
  #137  
Old 12-13-2009, 07:31 AM
RoseC's Avatar
RoseC RoseC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Andrews/Georgetown SC
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochestergirl View Post
Unless she wore them up in her hair (I couldn't tell by the hotel pics.

Oh that link to the boat launch you posted said accessed by Hwy 17. Isn't that also the way her phone pinged.
Yes thats seem area of her cell phone ,,,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:
  #138  
Old 12-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Rochestergirl's Avatar
Rochestergirl Rochestergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseC View Post
Yes thats seem area of her cell phone ,,,
Well sounds likely that this could be where BD is.
  #139  
Old 12-13-2009, 12:26 PM
lonetraveler's Avatar
lonetraveler lonetraveler is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carolina Coast
Posts: 9,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochestergirl View Post
Hey MBLOVER I think (could be wrong) that it is mostly newyorkers who have to pay to enter parks (just another tax by our overtaxed state LOL) most states I think don't. JMO

Rose- is this the same area the first search was at last May? I remember the Francis National Forest. I thought it was supposedly dangerous with wild animals etc. Do people normally camp there? Also, is it mostly accessed by boat
I camp in a lot of state parks in SC. Mostly around Huntington Beach just south of Myrtle Beach. It is $5 ea. to enter a state park in SC unless you are camping, then you just pay the camping fee. At the Santee River bridge on hwy 17 past Georgetown and before you get into Charleston county, there is a dirt road that cuts off of the hwy. There is access for boats. At this area you do not have to pay. There are also several rough dirt roads/paths that a car could travel on through the Frances Marion Forests that are long the Santee River.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:
  #140  
Old 12-13-2009, 12:36 PM
lonetraveler's Avatar
lonetraveler lonetraveler is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carolina Coast
Posts: 9,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseC View Post
no confirm yet on sunglasses,,,from what i heard they been sent to a lab be tested,,but CUE and Law will search again Jan 9th 2012,,seems to me they keep searching,most likey will if sunglasses turn up to be Britts,,but odd sunglasses would of been in her pocketbook? as late as it was getting 9oclock ish time frame of her disappearing she wouldnt needed sunglasses at that hour? all this very odd!!
When I'm not using a small purse I keep my sunglasses in my pocketbook. I do hope that Britts friend can produce her own sunglasses. I have read that Britt and her friend may have purchased the same glasses at the same time. If Britt's friend's glasses are missing it could open up a whole other can of worms, especially if the glasses found end up being Britt's friends.

Last edited by lonetraveler; 12-13-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spelling
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:
  #141  
Old 12-13-2009, 03:46 PM
waltzingmatilda's Avatar
waltzingmatilda waltzingmatilda is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: in the moment
Posts: 5,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
When I'm not using a small purse I keep my sunglasses in my pocketbook. I do hope that Britts friend can produce her own sunglasses. I have read that Britt and her friend may have purchased the same glasses at the same time. If Britt's friend's glasses are missing it could open up a whole other can of worms, especially if the glasses found end up being Britt's friends.
Good thinking outside the box lonetraveler, I had not thought about it this way. If the glasses are Britt's friends, then we have a possible suspect!

I check in here regularly but don't post often. I so wish and pray that Brit is found and brought home. You all do a great job keeping Brits case updated.
__________________
...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:
  #142  
Old 12-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Chili Fries Chili Fries is offline
Man Sleuth
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rural Alabama
Posts: 2,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
When I'm not using a small purse I keep my sunglasses in my pocketbook. I do hope that Britts friend can produce her own sunglasses. I have read that Britt and her friend may have purchased the same glasses at the same time. If Britt's friend's glasses are missing it could open up a whole other can of worms, especially if the glasses found end up being Britt's friends.
If there is female DNA on the glasses that doesn't match Brittanee it opens up another can of worms...how to get DNA samples from the friends. Probably hard to request DNA samples from people based on the fact that a random pair of glasses found had female DNA on them. The glasses would likely have to have both Brittanee's DNA together with an unknown person's DNA for LE to have any chance of procuring DNA samples from the friends unless they could follow them around and get samples from the trash or something like that.

Last edited by Chili Fries; 12-13-2009 at 04:35 PM.
  #143  
Old 12-13-2009, 10:34 PM
LLLindsayy's Avatar
LLLindsayy LLLindsayy is offline
Still doin' it for Britt.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Albany, NY/Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 1,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
If there is female DNA on the glasses that doesn't match Brittanee it opens up another can of worms...how to get DNA samples from the friends. Probably hard to request DNA samples from people based on the fact that a random pair of glasses found had female DNA on them. The glasses would likely have to have both Brittanee's DNA together with an unknown person's DNA for LE to have any chance of procuring DNA samples from the friends unless they could follow them around and get samples from the trash or something like that.

Sticking to the worm theme, a whole new can of them could be opened up if they do find female DNA on them (which they probably will.. there are someone's) and the friends decline providing their DNA, yes?
__________________
  #144  
Old 12-14-2009, 06:42 PM
LLLindsayy's Avatar
LLLindsayy LLLindsayy is offline
Still doin' it for Britt.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Albany, NY/Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 1,487
Was hoping some news about the glasses would come out today seeing as the weekend has passed. It's been a week -- hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Prayers for Brittanee.

P.S. I requested a "Help Find Brittanee" t-shirt for Christmas. All donations, no matter how small, help!
__________________
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LLLindsayy For This Useful Post:
  #145  
Old 12-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Autumndreams's Avatar
Autumndreams Autumndreams is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLindsayy View Post
Sticking to the worm theme, a whole new can of them could be opened up if they do find female DNA on them (which they probably will.. there are someone's) and the friends decline providing their DNA, yes?

Not sure about the other friends giving DNA but I am 99% sure that PB did give DNA.
  #146  
Old 12-16-2009, 03:51 AM
eeyorelrn's Avatar
eeyorelrn eeyorelrn is offline
Back to lurking only......
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Columbia, SC
Posts: 295
Articles about the sunglasses.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...d-search-teen/


http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...li-teen-Drexel


http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11673108



THese are links to some of the most recent articles about the sunglasses found this past week. unfortunately nothing concrete linking them to Brittanee though... hopefully soon though.
__________________
God Grant me the serenity to accept those things which I cannot change, the strength to change those things which I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past; there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eeyorelrn For This Useful Post:
  #147  
Old 12-17-2009, 10:12 AM
LLLindsayy's Avatar
LLLindsayy LLLindsayy is offline
Still doin' it for Britt.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Albany, NY/Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 1,487
10 days since the sunglasses were found. How long does it usually take to find/confirm DNA evidence? Will we hear if they end up not being Britt's? How will it be determined that DNA hasn't washed/worn away after 8 months?

I don't know if we'll ever have a conclusive answer if no DNA is found.

I wish they'd update us on something.
__________________
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LLLindsayy For This Useful Post:
  #148  
Old 12-17-2009, 02:02 PM
RoseC's Avatar
RoseC RoseC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Andrews/Georgetown SC
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLindsayy View Post
10 days since the sunglasses were found. How long does it usually take to find/confirm DNA evidence? Will we hear if they end up not being Britt's? How will it be determined that DNA hasn't washed/worn away after 8 months?

I don't know if we'll ever have a conclusive answer if no DNA is found.

I wish they'd update us on something.
From what ive heard the sunglasses wasnt found in river,was on banks of river,guess you really have know the area to understand this,these sunglasses was in perfect condition ,so only rain really would been on them,wasnt in river,,,usually if nothing been found of glasses(dna) news would reported by now,so my guess is something was found on them,but just my two cents on it,nothing to back it,,,
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:
  #149  
Old 12-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Rochestergirl's Avatar
Rochestergirl Rochestergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseC View Post
From what ive heard the sunglasses wasnt found in river,was on banks of river,guess you really have know the area to understand this,these sunglasses was in perfect condition ,so only rain really would been on them,wasnt in river,,,usually if nothing been found of glasses(dna) news would reported by now,so my guess is something was found on them,but just my two cents on it,nothing to back it,,,
Thanks for the info. Interesting to be in perfect condition. I don't know if hoping they are Brit's is a good thing but finding out what happened is better then not knowing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rochestergirl For This Useful Post:
  #150  
Old 12-18-2009, 01:30 PM
RoseC's Avatar
RoseC RoseC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Andrews/Georgetown SC
Posts: 544
http://www.thesunnews.com/news/break...y/1221979.html
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #12 Salem 2000's Missing 617 10-02-2010 12:51 PM
SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #10 Salem 2000's Missing 503 06-03-2010 04:38 AM
SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8 Salem 2000's Missing 640 04-16-2010 12:37 AM
SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6 christine2448 2000's Missing 924 10-28-2009 08:43 PM
SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #5 Salem 2000's Missing 634 07-01-2009 08:05 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!