Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > The Unidentified

Notices

The Unidentified Help give someone their name back so they can go home! Information, research and discussion of the Unidentified.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaha View Post
Wow! Laura Lee Alber is an awsome match!
Hi Zaha,
Yes, pysically, this is about as close at it gets. However, if you are following any Mis/Uid and the work others are doing here, this is rare and physical markers are often incorrect in some area. So much to consider about a person than a split-second captured image. I did consider all of the circumstances and hope this will be the one the family needs for closure.

Just a side note. It is difficult to stay focused on searces once you know the procedures (or lack of) with various LE agencies. Notice the difference in numbers of UID state to state? Vermont (just to name one) is NOT required to enter their UID. I am currently looking for a person who I believe was last spotted in Vermont. I pray not because he will likely be forever lost.

On a more positive note. The WS's here are doing an outstanding job with what there is to work with. Kudos to all!

Last edited by Mensch; 11-08-2009 at 09:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mensch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 01:03 PM

I see both of these missing women as good possibilities for our UID.
"The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to TripleA For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
It appears they think Jennifer was murdered and her husband was a POI. I wonder if he had any connections in Michigan?
I quickly looked through veromi.net (the free portion) and looked at some of the names and located some names, but no connections to the names with the state of MI. It was not a thorough search by any means, I was curious if anything would jump off the page at me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Boyz_Mum For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
I think it is a very good possibility!
I saw your post and just wanted to leave this comparison here for you to check out. I submited this about three weeks ago and have nothing back yet other than the usual....'we will check and let you know'....
If I don't hear anything in abut a week or two,I will try back.
It is a good possibility. I hope you hear back soon. I do see a resemblance as well. Hopefully a family somewhere will have some type of closure. Thanks for sharing your comparison. I sent an email off to Detective Kraus at the Clackamas Sheriff's Dept regarding Jennifer and our Jane Doe from Michigan. I will keep everyone posted on what comes about from this. Please keep us posted on your results. Until then, I am keeping my fingers crossed that one of our's is a match.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bewildered For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
I quickly looked through veromi.net (the free portion) and looked at some of the names and located some names, but no connections to the names with the state of MI. It was not a thorough search by any means, I was curious if anything would jump off the page at me.
I have been trying to find a connection to Michigan as well. So far nothing obvious.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bewildered For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewildered View Post
I have been trying to find a connection to Michigan as well. So far nothing obvious.
I hope you don't let that discourage you. Sometime back, I looked for a friend of mine and knew she lived in several different states, but many were not listed in association with her name(s). It does make it much easier when connections jump off the page.

Thanks for taking the time to help these UIDs and missing!

Sincerely, Boyz_Mum
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boyz_Mum For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Verified SAR

Out of curiosity which LE did you contact? I am from the area where the doe was found, thats why I wonder. I knew that we could put missing persons into NAMUS, I didnt know that we could imput Doe information. I know that in Michigan it is not mandatory to use NAMUS, and not all MEs even know that it exists. I know that the group I belong to (Trackmissing.org) sent out information about NAMUS to all of the LEs offices. But I am not sure if they made it to the MEs or not. I would REALLY rather the ME put the information in, for one they might have more info. than is normally released to the public (dentals, clothing, ect.). I can contact the ME and see if I can get him to put in NAMUS. Or for that matter see if he even knows about NAMUS. I am actually not so sure that Alcona county has their own ME, they might send them to Saginiaw for Autopsy. Im on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Verified SAR

Alcona county did not do the autopsy they sent it out as I suspected that they would. The deputy that I spoke with did not have much to say, they do have a lengthy list of ruleouts but he has to check with his supervisor to see if he can give them out. I am SO sick of the excuse that it could hamper the investigation of an open case. I mean really, do you think you are going to catch her killer if you dont even know who she is? He told me to feel free to e-mail him any of my suggestions. Well with the VERY limited information that they gave out there are a TON of possibilities. Really how would telling me who she isnt hurt the investigation. GRRRRR- ok sorry about that I just get the same crap every time. gee telling me the color of her clothes is really going to hamper catching the killer? Lame @ss excuses. You dont even have a cause of death, so why are you even looking for a murderer?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmep View Post
Here is a link to another picture of Jennifer. I think you can see a gap between her teeth better. I think you should definitely report this one.
http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamasc...solutions.html
It looks to me like Jennifer has a chipped front tooth, rather than a gap.
The Following User Says Thank You to coastal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Verified SAR

I see they still have not listed the DOE on Namus. I will call today and remind them. Somthing about persistance pays.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2009, 07:23 PM

NaMus: If you are familiar with a case, you can enter the information
into NaMus.
It goes to the local case manager.
They can continue to monitor the case and get dental info or dna from
relatives.
DNA kits are from TX lab, and LE has to request them.

At the yearly missing persons rallies, Doe Network managers are there
and can arrange for dna sample then.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 05:48 PM

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200300068W

Just wanted to add this missing person as a possibility. Especially her composite of being older looks like the jane doe to me. Don't know what the scenario would have been to have her be in MI when she went missing from NY in 77, but the year of age also fits, as she would have been 35. And the gap in between the teeth is very obvious, but the hair is a darker brown, so maybe not the same.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Verified SAR

hey what do you think about this girl? Age is a little off...

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/royse_connie.html
Old 05-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Bubba's Mommy

MI-UID Female 34UFMI, Curtis Twp, 1994 to: WI-Kerry O'Brien Krueger, Burlington, 1989

I have been researching a missing person case that is very close to my heart, and tonight I am wondering if I have stumbled onto something. I'm still fairly new at this, so would really appreciate some opinions. Do I have a possible match here?

Unidentified Jane Doe - Doe Network

Kerry O'Brien Krueger - Charley Project

Last edited by Cubby; 02-01-2011 at 04:41 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to b4e For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 10:41 PM

In my non-expert opinion, the two resemble each other pretty closely. Perhaps you could contact the case manager of the unidentified and see if there is DNA available and ask if they know what blood type she is? That could easily rule her out as a match.

Last edited by Indianagirl; 05-04-2010 at 10:43 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indianagirl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Bubba's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianagirl View Post
In my non-expert opinion, the two resemble each other pretty closely. Perhaps you could contact the case manager of the unidentified and see if there is DNA available and ask if they know what blood type she is? That could easily rule her out as a match.
Thank you. I will definitely look into that. (It's so hard to tell with a facial reconstruction!)
Old 05-04-2010, 10:53 PM
UID Moderator

Her teeth are spot-on. Vital stats are good.

I can't find the UID's case in NamUs, and I see nothing about DNA in the DoeNet page.

Curtis Township is quite a bit beyond the route from Burlington WI to Chicago, but not too far-off.

I haven't looked elsewhere (Porchlight or throughout this site) to see if this has been submitted or ruled-out before, but if you can't find evidence that it has been ruled-out I definitely think you should call it in.

Let us know if you need help with it.

Last edited by CarlK90245; 05-05-2010 at 02:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Bubba's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
Her teeth are spot-on. Vital stats are good.

I can't find the UID's case in NamUs, and I see nothing about DNA in the DoeNet page.

I haven't looked elsewhere (Porchlight and here) to see if this has been submitted or ruled-out before, but I think that this is a definite call-in.

Let us know if you need help with it.
Thank you so much! I have sent the info to the Burlington Police Department, the city where Kerry disappeared from, because I am familiar with some of the officers there. I really appreciate the opinions, as I have been too close to this case for too long and thought maybe I was just being overly hopeful. But...you never know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b4e For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 11:11 PM
UID Moderator

Here is another thread for this UID.

Possible Match MI-OR- Possible match? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

No mention of Kerry Krueger
Old 05-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Bubba's Mommy

Quote:
Here is another thread for this UID.

Possible Match MI-OR- Possible match? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

No mention of Kerry Krueger
Thank you - I just posted Kerry there, as well. (Should I ask a mod to merge the threads?)
Old 05-04-2010, 11:33 PM
UID Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4e View Post
Thank you - I just posted Kerry there, as well. (Should I ask a mod to merge the threads?)
Actually, the title of that thread indicates a specific possible match for a specific UID, so per Cubby's instructions, it should stick to that topic.

See Link:
"Spring Cleaning" Please read!- UID vs "Possible Match" threads. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Old 05-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Bubba's Mommy

Quote:
Actually, the title of that thread indicates a specific possible match for a specific UID, so per Cubby's instructions, it should stick to that topic.

See Link:
"Spring Cleaning" Please read!- UID vs "Possible Match" threads. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Oops. I saw that several other potential matches were also posted there, so I added mine.

ETA: Removed it. I understand Cubby's point completely.

Last edited by b4e; 05-04-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:29 AM

I couldn't find any rule-outs on Porchlight for the UID or Kerry O'Brien-Krueger. IMO the match looks good and I hope you hear from LE soon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tatertot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Bubba's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
I couldn't find any rule-outs on Porchlight for the UID or Kerry O'Brien-Krueger. IMO the match looks good and I hope you hear from LE soon.
Thank you. I will post as soon as I hear anything. This is Burlington's only unsolved missing person case, so if this isn't Kerry, I am determined to keep looking.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:46 AM

the teeth are what got me on this one, they really do look the same to my eye.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lurkey Lou For This Useful Post: