Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


View Poll Results: do you want Casey to get the death penalty?
yes 106 59.22%
no 73 40.78%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 12-04-2009, 03:07 PM
darnudes darnudes is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Agave View Post
To each his own. Can you show me any where in my post where it said that it would give me joy?

Animalistic, revenge, sordid, voyeuristic? If you say so.

Your belief is that the world would not be a better place. My belief is that it would.
gladly
adverb
1. happily, cheerfully, gleefully, merrily, gaily, joyfully, joyously, jovially He gladly accepted my invitation

You stated your post may offend, so you realised there might somthing offensive to it.

What possible reason could you advocate for public hangings?

Have you ever heard of this story?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/5217424.stm

Public hangings or any public execution do nothing for humanity.
The Following User Says Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:
  #102  
Old 12-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Bobbisangel Bobbisangel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzer View Post
The jury might look at a picture of Caylee and decide KC needs the death penalty.

As far as KC never sleeping with a man again, Susan Smith has been caught having affairs with at least two guards while in prison. KC will have lots of chances.

That's true. If the Pros could only get a video of that darling little girl singing "You Are My Sunshine" it would do the trick. I don't know if they could get away with that though. The Defense would probably scream the roof down. The court doesn't even like the family to wear a button with the victim's picture on it to court. I would like to see the Pros show pictures of Caylee from birth to her last birthday...then singing her little song cause that was right before she was murdered and then a picture or two of what was left of her in the woods. If that wouldn't get a DP verdict nothing would.

I'm sure you are right about the guards and the female prisoners. Casey would really love the sneaking around and trying not to get caught with the guards. That is right up her ally. She is such a lowlife in more ways then one.

I'll be happy with whatever the jury decides as long as that piece of scum never gets out of prison.
  #103  
Old 12-04-2009, 03:35 PM
songline's Avatar
songline songline is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 20,389
While I was adamant against DP up until a couple of years ago. I am no longer adamant against it.
But you can never get me on a jury where there is a DP in the mix, because LE filters the information a juror gets to hear, and I want no part of edited information, to make such a difficult decision.
I always ask to be removed if it is a heavy criminal case, I also tell them exactly why.

I think the most KC can get is LWOP I have said it 1000 different ways.
there is nothing that ties KC to the deed itself, YES it all points to her and she is guilty but I am not sure of what exactly she did DO...
so unless someone slip, trips, or comes forward to put a hot tip on the table; I do not believe she can get the DP at all.
But LWOP is even better it will give her lots of time to miss Caylee and a her loony family.
__________________
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Last edited by songline; 12-04-2009 at 03:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:
  #104  
Old 12-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Bobbisangel Bobbisangel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonders View Post
BBM

Don't you think they will also look at the age of Caylee when she was murdered? IMO KC's age wouldn't bother me at all. Could you give me your thoughts on this please?

I've listened to the ex Pros and Defense attorneys on In Session and most of them think that because Casey is young it will keep the jury from giving her the DP. They also think it is because she is pretty....I don't think she is pretty at all and never have and wouldn't if she had never done this. They say that jurys have a problem sending a female to death row. Few women have been sent there from any state. I tend to believe that they are probably right as they have been around the system and know how it seems to go.
  #105  
Old 12-04-2009, 03:51 PM
songline's Avatar
songline songline is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 20,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
I've listened to the ex Pros and Defense attorneys on In Session and most of them think that because Casey is young it will keep the jury from giving her the DP. They also think it is because she is pretty....I don't think she is pretty at all and never have and wouldn't if she had never done this. They say that jurys have a problem sending a female to death row. Few women have been sent there from any state. I tend to believe that they are probably right as they have been around the system and know how it seems to go.
This one claims to have no mental deficiencies (like Smith) and is getting extra hate. As she should....
But I just don't think that she will get DP at all. IMHO i do not get why the state went that way.
__________________
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.
  #106  
Old 10-02-2010, 06:18 PM
White Rain's Avatar
White Rain White Rain is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: heaven bound
Posts: 4,894
Do You Want Casey To Get The Death Penalty?

I don't know how to do a poll, sorry...
__________________
The Following User Says Thank You to White Rain For This Useful Post:
  #107  
Old 10-02-2010, 06:29 PM
DaughterAlice's Avatar
DaughterAlice DaughterAlice is offline
''I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, sweetie, but it's me! Me! Me! Me!''
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 515
Wow, so here's the big question . . . I'm suprised it was so long in coming.

Do I want her to get the death penalty? No. I want her to spend the rest of her natural life in prison, being rejected for parole as often as possible. If she is convicted, then she should have a long & miserable life.

If she DOES get DP . . . . I can't imagine I will cry for her. I'll cry for Caylee, not for her.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DaughterAlice For This Useful Post:
  #108  
Old 10-02-2010, 06:31 PM
USARDOG's Avatar
USARDOG USARDOG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere between Texas, KY and FL.
Posts: 929
Do I want to see the state kill her... No, I would rather see her stay in jail, and hope she never has another child.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to USARDOG For This Useful Post:
  #109  
Old 10-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Nore's Avatar
Nore Nore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,321
I feel she deserves the death penalty.I dont care if she
gets it or not,do care how she spends the rest of her wretched life.
If not death I want her locked up forever.IMO
__________________
~Welcome to Lake Erie Snow~
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:
  #110  
Old 10-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Nore's Avatar
Nore Nore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,321
I feel she deserves the death penalty.I dont care if she
gets it or not,do care how she spends the rest of her wretched life.
If not death I want her locked up forever.IMO
__________________
~Welcome to Lake Erie Snow~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:
  #111  
Old 10-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Bree0372's Avatar
Bree0372 Bree0372 is offline
Prayers for Tripp ~ Team Boom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rainy PNW..sigh...I'd rather be home in FL.
Posts: 2,700
I'm pro-DP and would love nothing more than to see her get what's coming to her, but I'm not sure this would be a fitting sentence for her. She's been isolated from general population for 2 years (being a celebrity and all). If she were to be given the DP, it's an automatic appeal (I believe) and a private cell.

So, I think I would rather see her receive Life Without Parole. I do hope that she does not receive special treatment. I want her to be in General Population -- right there with the others. I hear that they don't like baby killers in prison. This may be a tougher sentence for her than the death penalty.

I know I'm wrong for feeling this way, but you just don't kill a baby. You don't kill anyone, but a 2 year old child didn't deserve to be murdered and tossed out like yesterdays garbage.
__________________
This post is my opinion only unless supported with a link.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bree0372 For This Useful Post:
  #112  
Old 10-02-2010, 06:52 PM
charok's Avatar
charok charok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: oklahoma/heart of tornado alley
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree0372 View Post
I'm pro-DP and would love nothing more than to see her get what's coming to her, but I'm not sure this would be a fitting sentence for her. She's been isolated from general population for 2 years (being a celebrity and all). If she were to be given the DP, it's an automatic appeal (I believe) and a private cell.

So, I think I would rather see her receive Life Without Parole. I do hope that she does not receive special treatment. I want her to be in General Population -- right there with the others. I hear that they don't like baby killers in prison. This may be a tougher sentence for her than the death penalty.

I know I'm wrong for feeling this way, but you just don't kill a baby. You don't kill anyone, but a 2 year old child didn't deserve to be murdered and tossed out like yesterdays garbage.
im right there w/ you... id vote lwop/gen pop...either way id settle. really. but the lwop, IMO would be better.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charok For This Useful Post:
  #113  
Old 10-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Numbers Numbers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 899
For a long time, I wanted her to get the DP *just* to ruin ALyon's "perfect" record. I didn't care whether her appeals went through and she would have her sentence reduced to LWOP later - ALyon needed to be brought down a few pegs. Plus, KC can spend at least 10 years on Death Row, wondering if each day were her last.

As of today, 10/2/10 at 6:55 pm EST, I really don't much care, as long as she's miserable.

If AFinnell takes some ridiculous chest-beating holier-than-thou stance that pisses me off, I may have to revert to Plan A.
__________________
We have enough youth. How about looking for a Fountain of Smart?
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Numbers For This Useful Post:
  #114  
Old 10-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Spangle's Avatar
Spangle Spangle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,850
Florida has LWOP. I consider it better then Death.

To me, Death is the end of her knowing anything. Nothing left to feel, no pain. For some, that is a relief. Which is why some commit suicide.

However, life in the pen, that would be 30-40 years. Never knowing when she is going to tick someone off to end it, if you know what I mean.
__________________
Just my opinion.....
Finally found a reason for the Ignore feature!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spangle For This Useful Post:
  #115  
Old 10-02-2010, 07:16 PM
miss plum miss plum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 932
Apart from being personally anti-death penalty, I think for pragmatic reasons it's better that someone like KC, who thrives on fantasy and attention, gets LWOP and disappears into the prison system rather than being able to garner more attention and waste more money going through the appeals process. I also don't want her to enjoy continuing false hope that she will eventually get away with murder, which may be how she reacts to the DP. I think she deserves a long, boring life with no hope of reprieve. However, I don't wish any violence on her; whatever she has done she is still a human being. There has been enough vengeance and violence in this story already.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to miss plum For This Useful Post:
  #116  
Old 10-02-2010, 07:34 PM
White Rain's Avatar
White Rain White Rain is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: heaven bound
Posts: 4,894
I guess I should reply to my own thread...
I am honestly torn...I really don't believe Casey intenionally killed Caylee. I think it was accidental overdose. So on that account I say no.
However, I have a 16 month old son whom I never, and I mean never get a break from no matter how bad I need it. I simply do not have anyone who can take him off my hands for an hour or 2 and give me some "me" time.....well let me take that back, hubby works m-sat just trying to keep us afloat in this economy....On Sundays he will let me sleep in an extra hour or two...
But other than that when I like to bathe in the morning baby is reaching into the water and splashing everywhere, when I want to sleep and he doesn't I don't sleep, when me and hubby want to go to dinner we gobble down our food in 10 mins or less before baby gets cranky, when I don't feel good and could just spend the day in bed, I can't, when I want to watch a favorite show and baby is having a tantrum I can't watch my show, when my single baby-free friends say they are going to Florida for the weekend I want to go with them but can't...
But I still don't drug my baby.
And here is what pisses me off the most...Cindy would have probably watched that baby ANYTIME Casey needed a break...My son has 3 different sets of grandparents who never care to watch him. Whom I sometimes ask just PLEASE take him for an hour or 2 and there is always some exscuse....
that pisses me off the most.
IMO Casey is one of the most selfish people I have ever heard of.
__________________
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to White Rain For This Useful Post:
  #117  
Old 10-02-2010, 07:40 PM
LolaMoon08's Avatar
LolaMoon08 LolaMoon08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,534
I am Pro-Death Penalty... however, like others, I believe the proper sentence for one Miss Casey Anthony would be LWOP in general population. Not that she isn't deserving of the ultimate punishment, because she is a prime example, IMO, of the reason we have the death penalty. She a heartless, caculated murderer who, IMO, would kill again. She shows no remorse for taking the life of her own innocent baby... it's almost like she's proud of herself. Proud of all the attention she has gotten. Proud of the misery she has inflicted upon everyone involved in this case. To put it simply... she's a MONSTER!

If she was to get the Death Penalty, she'll be isolated in her own cell. To live in her own little world, by herself, as the victim that she likes to think she is. People will send her letters, telling them how much they love her, how they know she is innocent... she'll get marriage proposals, men and women declaring their undying love for her... and she will be content.

I don't want Casey to be content. I want Casey to suffer and the best way to make Casey suffer is to put her in general population for the rest of her miserable life... and I hope she lives a LONG miserable life.

Harsh? Oh well.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:
  #118  
Old 10-02-2010, 07:49 PM
ZsaZsa ZsaZsa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,719
The punishment should fit the crime, so the death penalty is appropriate - I definitely would vote for it for Casey. The most despicable of crimes against a helpless little kid.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:
  #119  
Old 10-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Omachka's Avatar
Omachka Omachka is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Posts: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
I am Pro-Death Penalty... however, like others, I believe the proper sentence for one Miss Casey Anthony would be LWOP in general population. Not that she isn't deserving of the ultimate punishment, because she is a prime example, IMO, of the reason we have the death penalty. She a heartless, caculated murderer who, IMO, would kill again. She shows no remorse for taking the life of her own innocent baby... it's almost like she's proud of herself. Proud of all the attention she has gotten. Proud of the misery she has inflicted upon everyone involved in this case. To put it simply... she's a MONSTER!

If she was to get the Death Penalty, she'll be isolated in her own cell. To live in her own little world, by herself, as the victim that she likes to think she is. People will send her letters, telling them how much they love her, how they know she is innocent... she'll get marriage proposals, men and women declaring their undying love for her... and she will be content.

I don't want Casey to be content. I want Casey to suffer and the best way to make Casey suffer is to put her in general population for the rest of her miserable life... and I hope she lives a LONG miserable life.

Harsh? Oh well.
Respectfully quoted and BBM.

It looks as if I'm in the minority on this thread but for the very reasons I have bolded above, if KC is guilty (and I believe she is) she deserves the death penalty. I disagree that she wouldn't be happy in gen pop. She is/was a party girl. She doesn't deserve a long life in prison partying with the gals in the TV room. Heck she found ways of partying with the girls even in solitary. She is one of the bullies and wouldn't be a timid victim of those other prisoners who don't like child killers. She is liable to hurt them just as much as they are liable to hurt her. She deserves a short, lonely and miserable life. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but it's how I feel. I think there is no lower person as one who would kill her own child and then act like she's relieved and not one bit sorry. I half way expect her to respond, "Caylee who?" when someone brings Caylee's name up. Just my
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Omachka For This Useful Post:
  #120  
Old 10-02-2010, 07:56 PM
LambChop's Avatar
LambChop LambChop is online now
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT/NC
Posts: 17,604
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
I guess I should reply to my own thread...
I am honestly torn...I really don't believe Casey intenionally killed Caylee. I think it was accidental overdose. So on that account I say no.
However, I have a 16 month old son whom I never, and I mean never get a break from no matter how bad I need it. I simply do not have anyone who can take him off my hands for an hour or 2 and give me some "me" time.....well let me take that back, hubby works m-sat just trying to keep us afloat in this economy....On Sundays he will let me sleep in an extra hour or two...
But other than that when I like to bathe in the morning baby is reaching into the water and splashing everywhere, when I want to sleep and he doesn't I don't sleep, when me and hubby want to go to dinner we gobble down our food in 10 mins or less before baby gets cranky, when I don't feel good and could just spend the day in bed, I can't, when I want to watch a favorite show and baby is having a tantrum I can't watch my show, when my single baby-free friends say they are going to Florida for the weekend I want to go with them but can't...
But I still don't drug my baby.
And here is what pisses me off the most...Cindy would have probably watched that baby ANYTIME Casey needed a break...My son has 3 different sets of grandparents who never care to watch him. Whom I sometimes ask just PLEASE take him for an hour or 2 and there is always some exscuse....
that pisses me off the most.
IMO Casey is one of the most selfish people I have ever heard of.
Good news is they grow up. Sometimes they are old enough to not want to go with Mom and Dad. So some of us have been there and done that. My husband was in the Navy and never wanted anyone else watching my girls. When grandparents visited they did not babysit but said they were on vacation so we all went out or I stayed home with the babies. But they do grow older and it does get easier especially if they are use to visiting a restaurant.

If there had been a reaction from KC in those 31 days I might go along with an accident. But we all know that did not happen. No reaction, no concern, no red flags, nada. Does not sound like a person who accidentially killed their child. But putting her to death? I don't see that it would make a difference. Keeping her off the streets until she is beyond child bearing age will make a big difference. You don't make plans to adopt an Irish childwhen your own child is missing. That is as ugly as it gets.

I am afraid that after the jury hears the evidence in this case all put together in a neat package they will not be as kind. jmo
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:
  #121  
Old 10-02-2010, 08:12 PM
amandab's Avatar
amandab amandab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: metro Detroit, more or less
Posts: 2,805
*yes*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amandab For This Useful Post:
  #122  
Old 10-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Nore's Avatar
Nore Nore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
I guess I should reply to my own thread...
I am honestly torn...I really don't believe Casey intenionally killed Caylee. I think it was accidental overdose. So on that account I say no.
However, I have a 16 month old son whom I never, and I mean never get a break from no matter how bad I need it. I simply do not have anyone who can take him off my hands for an hour or 2 and give me some "me" time.....well let me take that back, hubby works m-sat just trying to keep us afloat in this economy....On Sundays he will let me sleep in an extra hour or two...
But other than that when I like to bathe in the morning baby is reaching into the water and splashing everywhere, when I want to sleep and he doesn't I don't sleep, when me and hubby want to go to dinner we gobble down our food in 10 mins or less before baby gets cranky, when I don't feel good and could just spend the day in bed, I can't, when I want to watch a favorite show and baby is having a tantrum I can't watch my show, when my single baby-free friends say they are going to Florida for the weekend I want to go with them but can't...
But I still don't drug my baby.
And here is what pisses me off the most...Cindy would have probably watched that baby ANYTIME Casey needed a break...My son has 3 different sets of grandparents who never care to watch him. Whom I sometimes ask just PLEASE take him for an hour or 2 and there is always some exscuse....
that pisses me off the most.
IMO Casey is one of the most selfish people I have ever heard of.
---------------------
Oh do I know what you mean! If I lived close I'd gladly watch him for a couple of hours. (((hugs))).
__________________
~Welcome to Lake Erie Snow~
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:
  #123  
Old 10-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Kat's Avatar
Kat Kat is offline
Kind words do not cost much
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Penn's woods
Posts: 17,230
I do support the death penalty when it is an appropriate sentence for a crime and a jury has deliberated and passed the sentence against the defendant.

I want KC to get the sentence that the Jury, who is going to evaluate the evidence against her, and will choose the appropriate sentence for her. In other words, whatever that Jury decides I will accept as the appropriate sentence.

Whatever sentence is given, I hope it is fair, it is impartial and it can't be contested on appeal and the appeal won.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:
  #124  
Old 10-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Mrs G Norris's Avatar
Mrs G Norris Mrs G Norris is offline
Cached
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Straya!
Posts: 9,402
I don't believe in the Death Penalty, but she qualifies according to the law in Florida so therefore I have no problem with her receiving it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:
  #125  
Old 10-02-2010, 08:49 PM
White Rain's Avatar
White Rain White Rain is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: heaven bound
Posts: 4,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nore View Post
---------------------
Oh do I know what you mean! If I lived close I'd gladly watch him for a couple of hours. (((hugs))).
TY...some days I just want to cry! I love my kids but omg can a girl get a break?
__________________
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to White Rain For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010.12.03 Agreement: No Death Penalty, Life In Prison For Elisa Baker NoeticSoul Zahra Clare Baker 469 12-07-2010 10:45 PM
Sentencing: death penalty or life in prison? agent_scully Annie Le 43 09-24-2009 12:26 AM
Capital Crimes/ Death Penalty VS Life in Prison MiraclesHappen Caylee Anthony 2 years old 255 02-06-2009 08:08 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!