Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Recently Sentenced and Beyond > Somer Renee Thompson

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpong View Post
I've wondered if ST got into a fight IN school, and had to stay after for detention. I've also wondered if ST was in the same class as the little girl ST walked home with...

Also, I've thought about Somer going in through the gate of the Gano House. I think she must have done it before, so it wasn't a big deal.
I edited my quote to make sure you know who I meant. I am unsure which ST you are referring to now? In each case, you are referring to ST, not ST,jr., correct?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
YOU MEAN "hair-on-fire" because of the way DT reacted?

WELL she should know how her children intereacted....

I'm not saying it was ST but DT would know if it was possible and therefore, what you are saying could be so.

ALL I'm saying is the perp is UNDERAGE and I believe that more and more everyday.

IMO the silence says more than any thing they've told us.
I mean to drive right past your house to go to the park FIRST.
We know what she said on the MPR. What we don't know is why she considered going there the first thing she thought to do under the circumstances as they were known AT THE TIME.
The Following User Says Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
We know what she said on the MPR. What we don't know is why she considered going there the first thing she thought to do under the circumstances as they were known AT THE TIME.
I believe we would better know the answer to that if it weren't for the blacked out video.

I haven't forgotten when DT (almost) said: "For all I know it could be my...."

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

Last edited by tarabull; 12-11-2009 at 11:28 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Let me put it this way. Why wouldn't you tell the officer you went to the park to look for your daughter? Why would it be to pick up your son? It seems like a good place to look, but neither she, nor the officer goes there?
Or do they? I read a snippet once saying she was annoyed at having to stop off there after flagging down the cop. If ANYONE has a reference to this please let me know. What I read was confusing, and didn't understand it back then, but was there a video or article or something stating if she and LE went directly to her home or if they stopped by the park on their way.
TIA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
"I'm shocked that this could happen in this type of community," Somer's maternal great-grandmother, Marie Spires of New Richmond, Ohio, said Saturday. "And that no one would see or hear anything."

An autopsy has been completed and investigators know how Somer died, but authorities won't disclose their findings or any details about the body.

Spires said she doesn't know how the little girl died.

Family and friends described Somer as a friendly little girl who rode her scooter around the neighborhood.

"She never met a stranger. She was very friendly," said Robert O'Cain, a neighbor. "She was always looking for other kids to play with."

Tina Justyna said her daughter, 11, would often go to the library with Somer at school and the pair would look at books about kittens and puppies. Her daughter is devastated that Somer is gone, she said.

"I don't let her watch the news," Justyna said. "She lost one of the few friends she had."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569515,00.html

Two things from this news report:

1) The name of Somer's great-grandma - M. Spires. (was someone asking about that yesterday...)

2) I didn't realize Somer was one of TJ's daughter's only friends (as per TJ).....
Yes, in reference to Homer Spires - sexual predator with the same last name. Also, local Jax 11 o'clock news two days ago asking for help in finding him or for any info - he was last seen in Jacksonville. Called "the worst of the worst".

He has been missing since 2006 - it seems odd that they would single him out now and put it on the 11 o'clock news.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to what about this? For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
I believe we would better know the answer to that if it weren't for the blacked out video.

I haven't forgotten when DT (almost) said: "For all I know it could be my...."
Would this be the same video I am referring to in above post? Is any of that video before black out still available? Was it ever shown "unedited".

Also, do you think the recent video interviewing AB was also edited? I notice that it ends abruptly with not enough voiceover to finish the clip! It just has a still photo with traffic sounds in the back ground. Weird. Did AB have more to say that didn't make it to air? It makes you wonder.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:44 AM

This may be the most minor thing ever in relation to what was different 'that day' but remember it was the first cool day there.
It may NOT be minor in the long run, though, because of the hat and especially the scarf that Somer wore to school, in that possibly the scarf played a role in her death.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Banned

O/T

I also had a virus last month, but not from facebook -- it was called Cyber Security. I have a friend who was able to remove it, but I have spoken to several others who had to have their entire system cleaned off and reloaded, losing everything they had stored, because the person they went to for help thought that was the only way to remove it.

It all of a sudden flashes up on your screen in red - "X" out of it immediately!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to what about this? For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 11:50 AM

I don't have access to it, but perhaps Ancestry.com would show a relationship between H and M S?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what about this? View Post
O/T

I also had a virus last month, but not from facebook -- it was called Cyber Security. I have a friend who was able to remove it, but I have spoken to several others who had to have their entire system cleaned off and reloaded, losing everything they had stored, because the person they went to for help thought that was the only way to remove it.

It all of a sudden flashes up on your screen in red - "X" out of it immediately!
Or DON"T. From what I discovered when my system crashed last year, if you click anywhere on it, no matter what, it will activate. Best thing to do is close down without touching it at all!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.

Quote:
Would this be the same video I am referring to in above post? Is any of that video before black out still available? Was it ever shown "unedited".
Also, do you think the recent video interviewing AB was also edited? I notice that it ends abruptly with not enough voiceover to finish the clip! It just has a still photo with traffic sounds in the back ground. Weird. Did AB have more to say that didn't make it to air? It makes you wonder.

THIS is the link to the blackout video:

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21402291/

Blackout occurs at 2:11 marker back to interview at 2:33 - blackout begins right after DT says: I am searching and the and the, I don't know that it's funny but....I flagged down an officer as soon as I got off work, and my son was already down there looking and I saw a deputy cuz I didn't know what to do, I already had this feeling this isn't just your normal she went to somebody's house and she's gonna be home b...you know, this was somethings wrong and I flagged him down and we went into the parking lot of OPAA which just..."

That's 22 seconds of DT explaining an important piece of the puzzle and we get nothing!

I never saw an unedited version of this video - maybe someone else did.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

Last edited by tarabull; 12-11-2009 at 12:37 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:

Blackout occurs at 2:11 marker back to interview at 2:33 - blackout begins right after DT says: I am searching and the and the, I don't know that it's funny but....I flagged down an officer as soon as I got off work, and my son was already down there looking and I saw a deputy cuz I didn't know what to do, I already had this feeling this isn't just your normal she went to somebody's house and she's gonna be home b...you know, this was somethings wrong and I flagged him down and we went into the parking lot of OPAA which just..."

That's 22 seconds of DT explaining an important piece of the puzzle and we get nothing!

What do you mean we got nothing! We got a big old something! How did AC know to be already looking? He must have a cell phone? He was already at the park. She didn't take him to the park to look. He could have gotton there after 4pm at the earliest, provided he did not stop by home first. Which conveniently nobody mentions on the MPR.

Do you mind doing more written transcripts from that video? You did an excellent job so far. I am unable to view anything from news4jax videos which are probably the best. I can't load a viewer that my new security system (I replaced last years that crashed) likes. It must use a control X feature that my system will not accept. So please, PLEASE. Relate more.
Thank you, TARA!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:

Either she searched for awhile before she flagged him down or she did so as soon as she got off work. I remember a video where she says or Sheriff says they searched for an hour and a half?

Relate what her body language is as well as when she has an inability to formulate a coherent answer and to WHAT question asked.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:06 PM

Here is the video of the owner that was working on the house that day. He states they did get the truck and trailer back and that they where cleared.

Also on this video it is the DT family that told the reporter LE asked her not to view the body of somer

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21409125/

I am sending time reviewing WS posts from the first few days
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ccane For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinamia View Post
The "I'll leave it at that" was the same thing the woman said about the dumpsters. Very strange. Maybe her son did it. This is A B on the police report??? Or someone else???
Yes, MB was on baseball team 2006.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infinity14 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I have always wondered why she went to the OPAA and picked up AC first. Maybe the reason she drove by her house (if she did) was because she was looking for Somer and was in contact by cell phone with someone at the house who told her Somer was still not there, so she wouldn't have stopped there if she knew Somer was not there. She would have continued looking for her I would think. I am sure LE has cell phone records.

Unless she had been in contact with AC, how would she have known he was at the park? Maybe while driving around looking for Somer, she spotted AC at the park and just stopped to pick him up. Shortly afterward, she flagged down the officer.

If THAT didn't happen, there IS something weird about her going to the park to pick AC up first, especially if he did not live with her - which we have heard it both ways, that he did live with her and that he didn't. We don't know for sure which it was, do we?

Somer was angry according to several witnesses and had already gotten into a fight or maybe two fights that day. She was angry at her 2 other siblings, so who would she go to? The older sibling at the park? Maybe he didn't take up for her either and she got mad at him too and ran off from him too, or a worse thought - got into a scuffle with him......well, I will leave it at that....

I agree with tarabull that it is probably an underage perp. All MO, of course.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to New1 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Let me put it this way. Why wouldn't you tell the officer you went to the park to look for your daughter? Why would it be to pick up your son? It seems like a good place to look, but neither she, nor the officer goes there?
Or do they? I read a snippet once saying she was annoyed at having to stop off there after flagging down the cop. If ANYONE has a reference to this please let me know. What I read was confusing, and didn't understand it back then, but was there a video or article or something stating if she and LE went directly to her home or if they stopped by the park on their way.
TIA
It is my recollection that she picked up her son BEFORE flagging down the officer. I could have this wrong though. I definitely remember a video of DT saying that AC was already down there looking.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to New1 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnpod View Post
You read my mind!! That occurred to me last night on the way home from work, after I checked the big 3 USA Companies and a few more. No one seems to offer yellow anymore. I think it could very well be that kind of car, more than likely used but well maintained. Good job Sad!! Now could you kindly find it?
The Following User Says Thank You to infinity14 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New1 View Post
I have always wondered why she went to the OPAA and picked up AC first. Maybe the reason she drove by her house (if she did) was because she was looking for Somer and was in contact by cell phone with someone at the house who told her Somer was still not there, so she wouldn't have stopped there if she knew Somer was not there. She would have continued looking for her I would think. I am sure LE has cell phone records.

Unless she had been in contact with AC, how would she have known he was at the park? Maybe while driving around looking for Somer, she spotted AC at the park and just stopped to pick him up. Shortly afterward, she flagged down the officer.

If THAT didn't happen, there IS something weird about her going to the park to pick AC up first, especially if he did not live with her - which we have heard it both ways, that he did live with her and that he didn't. We don't know for sure which it was, do we?

Somer was angry according to several witnesses and had already gotten into a fight or maybe two fights that day. She was angry at her 2 other siblings, so who would she go to? The older sibling at the park? Maybe he didn't take up for her either and she got mad at him too and ran off from him too, or a worse thought - got into a scuffle with him......well, I will leave it at that....

I agree with tarabull that it is probably an underage perp. All MO, of course.
I have always questioned the order of events as related to cops on MPR.
It has seemed to me that the answer lies in the first few statements to them.
It revlolves around 2 people and where they were and when in relation to S.
You raise some good questions.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcneishg View Post
I learned to drive many moons ago in a pale yellow 68 mustang convertible.....
I'd recognize a 68 mustang, trust me!! Ha! Ha! It was boxy like the car Sadnpod found.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infinity14 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New1 View Post
It is my recollection that she picked up her son BEFORE flagging down the officer. I could have this wrong though. I definitely remember a video of DT saying that AC was already down there looking.
How could he be "picked up" and "still down there looking" is what I don't get.
He obviously wasn't with her or he would have been asked to give a statement for the MPR and never was.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity14 View Post
You read my mind!! That occurred to me last night on the way home from work, after I checked the big 3 USA Companies and a few more. No one seems to offer yellow anymore. I think it could very well be that kind of car, more than likely used but well maintained. Good job Sad!! Now could you kindly find it?
If you google all the different companies, then convertible I think you can find a quite a few. Like google Chrysler Lebaron convertible yellow..or cream. And images. I found a lot of pics doing this. They are older, yellow or cream colored.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bkcrt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 01:27 PM

I have to go to work now, but I'll be back later.
Lot's to think about what is the missing piece in the video.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
How could he be "picked up" and "still down there looking" is what I don't get.
He obviously wasn't with her or he would have been asked to give a statement for the MPR and never was.
That was one of my very first questions. The discrepancy in the AC story.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bkcrt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinamia View Post
AB not driving them home.

Other babysitter not being there after school.
According to Diena, they got rides in the morning and walked in the afternoon, so AB not driving them home in the afternoon would not be unusual. (And only in nice weather did they walk. What constitutes nice weather for people in FL?)

Quote:
Somer and her siblings got ride to school in the morning and walked in the afternoon with 50-70 kids See Diena Thompson Addresses The Media.
ETA: To get there you may have to go here http://jacksonville.com/news/somer-thompson first and find that video. http://jacksonville.com/video?bcpid=...id=45725057001 is the link to the video.

I don't think Diena was afraid that Sean would rape and kill Somer ... otherwise, why ask him to be there in the first place?

Last edited by Noway; 12-11-2009 at 03:18 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread