Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Recently Sentenced and Beyond > Somer Renee Thompson

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Montana

Texas Equusearch, a volunteer mounted search-and-rescue team that was involved in searching for Haleigh Cummings in Putnam County and Caylee Anthony in Orange County was to arrive in Orange Park on Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21358653/detail.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 12:56 AM

In my case, when Noway brought it to my attention that I needed to let tricia know who I was, I didnt know how to pm so I posted it and she answered my post, so I dont know if that is why it was posted or not. Just fyi

My posts are my opinion only; you may not use my posts for
anything, except quoting within the Websleuths Forum.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sadnpod For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
The video I posted the link to above is only stamped with Somer's Grandmother Pleads for her Return - 10/20/09 Report

The video in which Jennifer Waugh says that (according to Diena) Somer preferred to stay inside with Diena and C. Perry was from 10/20 3:58 p.m. (downloaded probably although seems pretty accurate)

Team Coverage of Search for Somer
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21344324/index.html
at about 1:05 in video

Last edited by Noway; 12-10-2009 at 01:29 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 01:10 AM

Somer liking to stay inside most of the time doesn't really fit with some of the neighbors' comments. One man said that she was usually looking for friends to play with, she lagged behind the other kids for up to an hour, and then the lady saying that she was overly friendly. Maybe she did stay inside if the other kids were there and maybe she could have easily been lured inside someplace since she liked playing indoors.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noway View Post
The video in which Jennifer Waugh says that (according to Diena) Somer preferred to stay inside with Diena and C. Perry was from 10/20 3:58 p.m. (downloaded probably although seems pretty accurate)

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21344324/index.html
at about 1:05 in video

Thanks Noway - is the video link you just posted the one in which the reporter says Somer liked to stay inside? I've watched it twice now, & maybe I'm spacing out because it's such a long video (I think I paid attention to every word they all said), but I didn't hear Jennifer Waugh mention that. Is it on this video, or am I misunderstanding, or missing it altogether?

Thank you! Sorry to be such a pain in the neck!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:22 AM

I know not everyone agrees with infinity's vision, but it makes more sense to me than any other scenerio. Maybe Somer had been visiting someone who had small pups and continued to visit as they got older. It doesnt sound like she was having a good day on monday...I want to go search the neighborhood for dogs named sampson, IIRC, with a yellow convertible?

There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Montana

Maybe wrong link (duh moment for the night!)
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21353409/index.html

... but painstaking, no doubt, for this little girl's mother. From what we've learned about 7 year old Somer, she is very trusting, in fact, we're told she doesn't even really enjoy hanging out outside or playing outside. She likes to be inside with her mom and her mom's boyfriend and her siblings. ...

typed by me so there may be errors as far as exactness with the video

Last edited by Noway; 12-10-2009 at 11:34 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnpod View Post
I know not everyone agrees with infinity's vision, but it makes more sense to me than any other scenerio. Maybe Somer had been visiting someone who had small pups and continued to visit as they got older. It doesnt sound like she was having a good day on monday...I want to go search the neighborhood for dogs named sampson, IIRC, with a yellow convertible?
Infinity's post
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #17

Infinity's post about turtle
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread #22

Because I think someone will be asking for it. LMAO I'm not psychic ... it just happens every time we talk about that post.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 01:43 AM
Montana

Sorrell, I'm not sure why "7 Year Old OP Girl Missing" starts playing in that link (probably was watching it after?), but pause it, search the videos for somer thompson/older than 30 days and sort by date.

Then find the one called Team Coverage of Search for Somer, and in that one, at the 1:05 mark is where I found Jen Waugh saying that.

I think I need to head to bed. I cannot watch another video. That I'm sure of.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 01:48 AM

Noway - I found the video with that quote.

ETA: And you are correct - at about 1:05 is when Jennifer Waugh says Somer preferred to play inside, but she doesn't say who gave her that information, she just says "we're told..."

So we still don't know when DT said it, do we?

I'm still wondering if DT or the grandmother might have just repeated what they had heard the other one say.

Last edited by sorrell skye; 12-10-2009 at 01:56 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sorrell skye For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 01:57 AM

sadnpod-does ST know who watched the children after school and during the summer?

We know about the teenage sitter, but there must have been others. I can't believe that the children would be home alone all summer, or maybe the GP's did it?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to human For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by human View Post
sadnpod-does ST know who watched the children after school and during the summer?

We know about the teenage sitter, but there must have been others. I can't believe that the children would be home alone all summer, or maybe the GP's did it?
He says AC, but he hasnt seen any of them in 2 yrs so I dont think he knows, just guessing I think.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:24 AM
If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.

Somer thompson reward increases:
Published: Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 11:32 p.m.
<snipped>
Donations coming in to the Justice Coalition have increased the reward to $48,000 for the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for killing 7-year-old Somer Renee Thompson of Clay County.

Police have been following thousands of leads and ask that people continue calling in with any information about this crime.

Article:
http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...nd-decorations

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
Somer thompson reward increases:
Published: Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 11:32 p.m.
<snipped>
Donations coming in to the Justice Coalition have increased the reward to $48,000 for the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for killing 7-year-old Somer Renee Thompson of Clay County.

Police have been following thousands of leads and ask that people continue calling in with any information about this crime.

Article:
http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...nd-decorations

Please God let someone find that money irresistible and turn in that monster(s).
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pinamia For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 08:13 AM

I thought it was up to 64,000.00? Good morning all.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sadnpod For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Banned

ugh too early

Yaaaaaawn! good morning all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4mer.naybor For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 09:50 AM

Good morning, 4mer. Maybe today...
Old 12-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Let's go Patriots!!! Rock it Brady!

Do they have any real suspects do you think?? It's a shame how people, especially chldren, can just be murdered and no one arrested. Neveah is one I'm thinking of. Geeze. Seemed like a long walk for those kids to walk home on every day. But you'd think somebody would have seen something!!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnpod View Post
I thought it was up to 64,000.00? Good morning all.
Good Morning~
According to the Claytoday article it was up to $64,000, but that did not include a $10,000 anonymous donation that was made to the Justice Coalition! With Crimestoppers and the Allied Veterans of the World, and others mentioned it should be $74,000. I don't know why this article is publishing old news of it being $48,000, but they are just talking about Justice Coalition??

Correction: The anonymous donation went to Crimestoppers! So the $64,000 question still stands.
I hope nobody gets it after holding back info this long a time. That would not set a good precedent.

ETA: The mechanics of it are all wrong. It should start at $50,000 and decrease by a $1,000 every day! Until someone decides to talk. TSTB!

Last edited by houndstooth; 12-10-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: added/corrected
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 10:44 AM

That's a waay good idea, houndstooth!
O/T It's just like I've always said about hearing aids. They should take a page from the eyewear industry and make hearing aids a status symbol, complete w/designer endorsements-not try to hide them and make them invisible. They could come in colors, (either to match mood or clothes) and just think of the endorsement possibilities!
After all-we baby boomers are getting older, and we're used to being pandering to. La ti da. IMO, hearing aid industries are missing the boat, entirely.
Hugs. That's your public service announcement for today.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Banned

My friend from Jax called this morning and said on last night's Action News they had another predator alert for Homer Spires -

www.actionnewsjax.com/mediacenter/default.aspx
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to what about this? For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Montana

Two nonprofit organizations, the Jacksonville-based Justice Coalition and CrimeStoppers, are offering rewards of $48,000 and $16,000, respectively, for information in the homicide of Somer Thompson.

http://blog.al.com/live/2009/11/some...eward_ris.html

This was on November 24. I wonder if that part of the post of the story had already been posted and it's the Grinch part from December 10.

Last edited by Noway; 12-10-2009 at 11:33 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrell skye View Post
Noway - I found the video with that quote.

ETA: And you are correct - at about 1:05 is when Jennifer Waugh says Somer preferred to play inside, but she doesn't say who gave her that information, she just says "we're told..."

So we still don't know when DT said it, do we?

I'm still wondering if DT or the grandmother might have just repeated what they had heard the other one say.
I think I thought it was Diena because she was being shown ... duh!

I watched an interview with the grandmother and she was crying and hard to hear/understand. It could just have been from the grandmother.

Last edited by Noway; 12-10-2009 at 11:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noway View Post
I think I thought it was Diena because she was being shown ... duh!

I watched an interview with the grandmother and she was crying and hard to hear/understand. It could just have been from the grandmother.
Since so many neighbors said they saw her walking around alone etc I think it is prbly true. What DT told her Mom might just be because she didnt want her mom to think badly of her parenting.. I think we all want mom approve still even when we go up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccane For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 12:27 PM

Someone refresh my memory on HS. Ive been trying unsucessfully to sleuth this creep. But I dont see his name as in being in the vicinity of somers house. Was he, or we sleuthing him because of the same name thing? Please and TIA!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to sadnpod For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread